Job Objectives: Medical Administrative Assistant
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays; ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records; maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal/health and financial information; verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit, which is done by Electronic Health record software system.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center appoint person; verifying times with patients; preparing charts; pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with HIPPA/OSHA regulations and protects patients’ rights/personal/financial information, which secures patient information and maintains and safeguarding medical records and confidentiality.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Focus & Medical Teamwork that work towards creating a safe and effective environment.
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills/ Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Professionalism, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing/Experience with Electronic medical records software (preferred ECW).