Foothill-De Anza Community College District Employee Reviews in United States

Simple but rewarding
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 26, 2015
Tutors/Mentors are assigned a new set of tutees that we meet with biweekly for a 30-minute 1-to-1 session. How that time is spent is determined by the tutee and myself. Usually this involved answering technical questions, preparation and for exams, clarity, discussion of lecture material, and providing general guidance for success in an algebra class.

The most difficult part of the job was adapting to each tutees specific set of needs, perspectives, and goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the tutee grow, learn to enjoy/appreciate math, and find success through hard work and diligent studying.
Technologically advanced and encourages growth.
Associate Director of Facilities and Operation (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 5, 2015
The culture is inclusive and encourages advancement, the district is at the forefront of technology - a good place if you like a fast pace environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Productive work place with amazing co-workers
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Altos Hills, CAFebruary 2, 2013
I am very pleased with my work environment at Foothill DeAnza Community College District. In the Benefits department, the team works as a close knit community. Since the team is small, there is a lot of scope for independent decision making, which helped me develop on my skills of independent problem solving and thinking through any problem from all angles such as from the employee, the District, legal, financial and setting precedents. It also help me build on my people skills, communication skills and customer service skills.

I am proud to have won accolades and recognition from many of my customers for resolving the intricate issues of their benefits claims.

I most enjoy the lunches that we go out together as team. This helped me build a good rapport with my co-workers. We help each other out when needed. While I do enjoy working at Foothill DeAnza Community College District, it being a government organization does produce challenges of its own. Our customers approach us with a presumption of the department being inefficient and are usually pleasantly surprised that we are as efficient as they would like us to be.
Pros
flexible work hours, close to home

4.3