Reports To: Mental Health Director
Classification: Full Time or Part Time
Compensation: BOE and License
Purpose: To minimize crisis situations and stabilize persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A), may include affected-mental health status in order to maintain their participation in medical and support services, thereby maintaining and improving health outcomes and quality of life.
Education: Licensed Clinical Psychologist with a PhD or PsyD, Licensed MFT or LSCS with experience in the field of addiction, mental health, and substance abuse. Certified MFT Interns may also apply.
1. Crisis Intervention: The MHC also provides a variety of evidenced-based and direct clinical psychological interventions. Ensuring that each client meets his or her goals and needs.
2. Therapy: Provides treatment modalities including individual, family, and/or group therapy to HIV-positive individuals with co-occurring disorders.
3. Resources, Education & Training: The MHC provides effective community consultation, recommended approaches and education related to mental health and substance abuse issues.
4. Implementation of Treatments: He or she implements services, treatments, and care plans to each particular client.
5. Assessments: Assist in assessing individual needs and maintaining specific goals and objectives.