Foothills Sports Medicine Employee Reviews

Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 5, 2017
As a front office employee, the hours are nice. I don't have to work weekends and overtime is not expected. The feel in the office is positive and friendly, with the therapists being kind and appreciative of the front office staff. The patients are great to work with, and I never have any issues with being mistreated by them (which says a lot, having worked in customer service for several years). The co-directors at the location I am at are always willing to listen to concerns or ideas, and seem to genuinely care about their staff.

The workload is heavy, yes. But I like to be busy and expect to work when at work, so I don't have a problem with it.

The training has room to improve, as after spending two days at corporate learning the computer system, it is then left up to the staff to train you - while they get all their normal work done. This opens everyone up to errors, and a lack of consistency in training styles.

Benefits are good! I am very happy with the health benefits and the amount of PTO accrued each pay period. However, using your accrued PTO is very difficult, as the team is small, so one person being out definitely has an impact.

Overall I am happy to go to work every day. It is fair pay for the job I am doing... I walk in AND leave smiling each day. Not a bad deal, if you ask me!
Pros
Monthly team potlucks! Good work/life balance
Cons
Training
You'll hate it because they're all amazing at first, then treat you awful
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2016
Heavy work load in front office, no training, god forbid you ever make a single tiny mistake & ask for assistance. Everyone is ridiculously fake.
Pros
Free water??
Cons
Awful healthcare, management, work load, pay
Enjoyable place to work
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 1, 2016
It was a great work environment as most of the therapists and techs seemed to enjoy their job and patient's always loved the outcome.
Great for learning new skills
N/a (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Not a good environment to work for they just throw you into the job and expect the other employees to train you and they don't there, the supervisors have no backbone and its very unprofessional, I was bullied and also isolated for no given reason there is also too much business coming in for the employees working there.
Pros
Cons
No breaks no good insurance not great pay
Games and working out, it's a fun place
Front Office (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 15, 2015
It was a fast paced environment and I was able to pick up sufficient amount of new skills. There is not a training program, it's more learn as you go. The therapist have direct contact with the front office staff which is keeps good communication and clarity through out the day. Depending on the clinic and position, there is some opportunity for growth.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Growing company losing some personal touch
Terrible workplace
Billing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
This place is a joke....and Management is the biggest joke. Management has their priorities messed up and things are a mess. This is the worst job I have ever had. Stay away from this place!!
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Management, pay, everything basically
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Medical billing, posting charges, posting payments, phone re-opening for Medicare under daily deadlines, clerical recordkeeping, Use of Microsoft word,excel,outlook,Entergy software
Pros
money
Cons
management
very Stressful
Billing (Former Employee) –  Phx,AZDecember 9, 2013
Great Co-Workers! This company does not have the right people in charge. The supervisor/ office manager, do not know the new software to help and answer employees questions. They do not offer very good training, they just throw you into the job. They do not offer good benefits to employees and have very few workers for HEAVY work load. Employess may have to work over the weekend with just a few hours notice (ON FRIDAY).
Pros
Cons
No leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foothills Sports Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7