Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews

Company separated me
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 20, 2018
When Footprint brought me on board about a year ago I was excited. Thinking I would have a stable part time job. Definitely wasnt that.
Footprint is just like a few other merchandising companies out there, in which you have a dashboard, they send out tasks (short term, or a one time thing) and whomever signs up first gets the task. Of course if you live near a metro area (for me, its wash dc), you can guess that it's a bunch of merchandisers fighting to get the task.
Over the year they probably had a total of 3-4 tasks being offered which was no where near where I live, so I never did try to obtain them. So, because I guess I was considered inactive, they sent me an email saying that they are separating me from the company. What a joke. The company spent money for my background check and drug screening, told me they would send me a shirt (uniform, they never did).
The tasks they had in my area were very sparse. No selection at all. Seems like it was always tasks from the same one or two clients. Very unsteady work, atleast in my area. Which I am surprised living in a big metro area. But I guess other merchandising companies got all those other good contracts. So much better companies out there.
Pros
Cons
Inactive too long, they'll just separate you. Very little tasks selection.
Great environment
Net Windows and Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The team at Footprint was great. Fun start up feel in the IT dept. Advancement was hard, and if you did get advanced, salary did not reflect. Very tight on the pocket book there
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor compensation
make your own hours
Feild Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
you work your own hours up to 40 scheduled hours but that does not mean you will end up having that many hours for that week. There is rarely anything that can be done about that at present.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
barely get 30 hours a week
Company doesn't care for field reps
District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  KYDecember 12, 2017
Company used to care for their employees and there was always opportunities for advancement. New Director of Merchandising is friends with CEO and whatever he decides to do in the field is fine. He eliminated 99% of the advancement opportunities in the field.
Pros
Good DMs
Cons
Everything else
retaiil services
Retail (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHDecember 11, 2017
Not ideall if you have a family. PPl harrd to get along with. no good hrs or pay. stressful enviorment at times.Employees hard to get along with. just not the ideal job.
Great Part time job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 28, 2017
Great part time job, allows me to be flexible with my schedule. Not always consistent with jobs. Could not rely on for full time job. Love traveling when needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work not always consistent
Mundane
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LANovember 26, 2017
Very boring work. Did not enjoy the two hour "shifts" at each store. Didn't like that I had to drive an hour to get to many of the places to do my jobs.
Did like the pay, as well as the flexibility.
My area is not a good area for this kind of work.
Pros
Flexibility
Very poor management
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 10, 2017
The management and auditors are not easy to deal with and sometimes too demanding. Hours vary as well as projects. No chance for advancement. A lot of their work stems from putting security tags on items in retail stores. There are a lot better companies to work for.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor management and auditors
I'm in love here!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 10, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company. The flexibility is great and it allows me to work my other merchandising job while still taking care of my family and my volunteering obligations.
Kinda neat job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Anderson County, SCAugust 28, 2017
Was a neat job on call merchandiser. If you didn't want to work or have something else planned you didn't take the job. Paid good to travel for. Easy job
Pros
Pick your own shifts
Cons
Was bought out
Love the flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 12, 2017
This is the best merchandising company I have worked for. They are consistent and open. The hours are extremely flexible. I have been here over a year and actually grew my jobs. I went to work part time and was able to get my daughter in law on board and show her the ropes. I gave her half my jobs. You can take as much work as you want or as little as you want.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can't make a living on merchandising
Good Job. Just Not enough Hours
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 7, 2017
I like my job. I just felt like I didn't get enough hours, and things were a bit unorganized. Some of the stores would have the materials, and some wouldn't Causing me to make blank trips. and I would have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my gas money back
Fast pace job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 6, 2017
Its a good job really fast pace so your day goes by fast if the work is consistent. It would be the perfect job if you were guaranteed 40 hours each week and the work was consistent all year round. Also if your pay was raised and you got sick days and paid vacation and if there was room for progression
Pros
face paced so not really any down time
Cons
not consistent work, no room for progression
Good Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
You work at your own pace daily. routine is normal and not stressful. I enjoyed the time I spent with the company and all the people are nice and friendly
Overall good company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 23, 2017
There's no way to actually apply for jobs very often, they choose people who have been in the company longer for more jobs. Not a lot of communication with management. When jobs come up the work is fun and easy for me and the pay is great.
Great job, especially for a part-time position
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 26, 2017
Job was not overly difficult. Management explained all duties in great detail. Work environment was pleasant. Fellow co-workers were very easy to get along with and were very helpful.
Good job with flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 4, 2017
The job is a good start for those looking for work experience. it also one to develop organizational skills and analytical skills. You set stores to planogram and make them look pretty. You discard out of date items and discontinued items
Great place for flex scheduling
Team Lead/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2017
Overall Footprint is a good place to work if you are looking for minimal part time work then this is for you. Don't expect any pay increases or opportunities for promotion. Benefits are almost non existent.
Pros
flex scheduling
Cons
no benefits
great for student life
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Great part-time job on a student schedule. Control over your own hours. Low stress if you work well with a team. Hours will vary greatly from month to month
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not a consistent schedule
Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Company was enjoyable to work for. Worked well with the managers and very fast paced. Helped me understand Planograms and item placement. All of this helped me in my future job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Footprint Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Footprint Retail Services Reviews by Location