Footprint Retail Services Employee Reviews in United States

Traveling
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2015
You get to travel out of your hometown city and sometimes the state. Paid flights, rental cars, and incentives. Basically traveling for free.
Merchandising independently in retail stores.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Four Corners AreaMay 27, 2015
Work independently. Just not enough assignments in my area. Otherwise would be fantastic. All communications with this company is through E-mail or telephone. A 24-hour hotline with knowledgeable persons would be helpful to the employees. Must be computer literate and able to make wise decisions when necessary to benefit your work and the integrity of this company.
Pros
Work solely.
Cons
Not enough work in my area. Pay per job.
Great Place!
Retail Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 17, 2015
Not enough work, I work 3 part-time jobs to get to 40 hours and this one provides the fewest hours. Nice management, very detailed instructions, realistic expectation on task time.
Pros
Good management, training, interesting work on your schedule.
Cons
No hours, low pay, no advancement
It was a great place to work.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIApril 1, 2015
On email and the computer and phone and conference calls all day long.
I learned how to be a Very Strong Manager.
I believe the Management is very talented.
My co-workers and the best in the Business.
The hardest part was not leaving the job at the job.
My team was the most enjoyable. All 125 of them.
Pros
Rewards, Christmas parties, 6 weeks of Vacation
Cons
Worked 24 /7 always on call.
Enjoyed traveling
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 29, 2015
It was overall a good company, enjoyed the traveling and management was very involved, only thing was there wasn't set hours, other than that nothing but good to say about this company.
Fun working w/ different company and people
On-Call Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 1, 2015
My DM is wonderful, just don't offer benefits, retirement and so forth.
We have to use our own cell phone for work and have to print out our work assignments at our expense Have not been w/ the company long enough. .
Pros
Travel pay, per diem and meeting people
Cons
No benefits
Need more jobs on regular basis
Trainer (Current Employee) –  wichita, KSMarch 30, 2015
I was introduced to part time on site training, merchandising on an as needed basis and enjoyed the one on one with the training as well as the regular contact with the merchandising companies.
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
uncertain pay because of some job shortages in our area
Creative Work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2015
Productive work environment along with learning of different techniques of travel. The co-workers were very nice to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to different cities.
productive and interesting people on remodeling team. Good friendly team leaders.
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 4, 2014
it is a fun job that keeps you busy all day. start time is very early so we finish in early afternoon. district manager emails store choices and locations. you usually get to choose which location you prefer to drive to . good communication between manager and team leads to explain what is needed to be done for each day.
Pros
meet new workers often, make friends. work in different towns.
Cons
there are holiday breaks during the year that there isnt any work assigned.
Fun company to work for
Team Leader/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Nation wideDecember 3, 2014
I like working for this company, but there is not always available work. There is potential to make good money but its not consistent.
Pros
good pay compared to simllar companies, you can pick your job assignments.
Cons
work is not always availble, & managers seem to be overwhelmed

Want to know more about Footprint Retail Services?

Ask a question
Team Environment
P/T Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corporate office is located in Lisle, ILJune 1, 2013
I work as part of a team where each person actually contributes to get the job done. So far the team lead and supervisor I have worked with are great. Each person can work independently on a section and can help another member of the team if needed. Perhaps the hardest part is the final push to get everything ready on the day the store opens.
Pros
there are certain perks depending on the project. (i.e.: free drinks at 7-11)
Cons
assignments are sporadic and often out of my desired area of travel.
Employees are not micromanaged but pay is below industry standards and fulltime hours are not available.
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAOctober 22, 2012
Work days are typically Mondy thru Friday 8am-6pm.All stores are generally designed differently so you learn to adapt to different type
setups and merchandising. On-site management is fair and helpful
co-workers from Footprint are helpful and work as a team.Certain
grocery stores are not set by planograms but by instructions from
store management and this can change frequently. Working in different type stores and depts. makes te work enjoyable.
Pros
good working hours 8am-6pm, working independently, and coworkers.
Cons
now enough work hours to be fulltime and low pay.
Great Company to Work For
Merchandise Reset (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 25, 2012
Foot Print is a great company to work for if you like flexible part time work or just a stepping stone in between careers or school. The leads and management I work for are great and relaxed people as well as my fellow work mates. There's no drama or stress. The key is just to pay attention to detail and always ask questions to your lead if something seems questionable. I love this job. The only downfall is that it's not a steady dependable gig, henceforth, as I said, it's great for students or a 2nd part time job.
I enjoy working with Footprint Retail Services
Merchandiser / Store Reset (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 25, 2012
My co-workers are very nice to work with I get along with them very well, If I didn't know how to do something they were very happy to show me, The management team is a wonderful group of people and they are always willing to help me anyway they can.

My main concern working for this company is the lack of hours I have been getting. When I first started I was working 3-4 days and for awhile I was making good money, shortly after working for like a month or so, the hours stopped, my husband recently lost his job back in March, and he returned back to school full time, he is collecting unemployment but that only last so long.......I have not worked in 2 months, if I can pick up some hours and get working again that would be wonderful.
Pros
a nice bunch of people to work with
Cons
not enough hours
great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ohioSeptember 30, 2014
great job. As a Merchandiser, my responsibilities are program management, handling every aspect of in-store servicing needs - transportation, warehousing, installation, rollouts & remodel, merchandising, and comprehensive reporting.
Normal day at Footprint.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 9, 2014
Great company. Start day at 7:00am work to finish job for that day. Work with a team to finish the job. Hardest is the early time to start. Most enjoyable is the co workers I work with.
Lucky i got it
Survey processor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 3, 2012
Great small marketing company
Flexible hours, great pay, easy work
Bring your iPod, because it's hours of mindless work that you get through faster with enjoyable tunes
Pros
flexible hours, great pay, easy work
Cons
far from home, bad transit, lonely sometimes, must be very disciplined
New Product Trainer/Merchandiser/ Mystery Shopper
New Product Trainer/ merchandiser/mystery shopper (Current Employee) –  South Jersey, Philadelphia, Central JerseyMay 28, 2014
If you like to be independent its the perfect job, no micro managing, lack of consistent work
Pros
work alone, good pay
Cons
work maybe 10 days a month if lucky sometimes 4-5
Coordinated and developed crews for installations.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southwest Territory of the United States.July 20, 2013
My job at Footprint involves me coordinated and developed crews for installations, managing freight and delivery of items, aiding Territory Sales Managers and Store Owners/ Managers on developing attractive and functional displays to build business, heading projects for installation of merchandise and fixtures for leading companies such as Phillip Morris, Microsoft, Wal-Mart, US Tobacco, Apple, AMC Theatres, Dunkin Doughnuts, Moen, and Starbucks. It is a fun fast pace environment that challenges your problem solving skills and team building. I like the challenges that each project or client has its own obstacles that you have to be creative to maintain the functionality on both ends of client, owner space in stores. It is something different everyday with new challenges and strategies to apply. The only downside is that there is not a lot of chances for advancement in the Arizona market unless the depot owner wants to sell the depot.
Footprint Retail Services
New Product Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 14, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Several different merchandising jobs available, although this is only a part-time as needed basis. Great compensation for travel. Good management and support team.