Forbes Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Great culture, smart people, poor management on the sales team. No work life balance for little pay. Management was completely disorganized and cliquey.
Pros
Free snacks
Horrible pay for contributors
Contributor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
While you have tremendous writing freedom, the pay is roughly minimum wage. You are paid by page views, which can occasionally pay off handsomely, but more often than not it doesn't. The visibility from the site is a bonus.
Reliable Steady Income, it is what you make of it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 24, 2016
This job can get monotonous, just be a self starter and keep busy, keep your head down and try to avoid being friends with anyone. They have all known each other for a long time and can become very 'clicky' which may lead to your life becoming difficult. I managed just fine.
Pros
Not a lot of hard work involved. Amazing healthcare benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of overtime is ever available. among a few other things.
productive
Laborer / Silk Screener / Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYApril 19, 2016
getting material to seal and stamp or seal. good co workers.easies job sewer around the products.to be a good group leader
Forbes Security is very high on team work and working with this company taught me the value of team work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  1090 Factory St Richmond Ca. 94801July 23, 2015
A typical day at work was always busy, I enjoyed working with my co-workers who were always helpful and easy to work with. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients,
Pros
There was always someone to help in whatever situaton you found yourself in, weither work related or personal.
Cons
Promotions were almost always outside of the company.
Great company
QA intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Fixing forbes website, great people to work with, excellent office culture.
Work
Machine Operator, Forbes, (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYJuly 17, 2014
my co-workers where ok to with. the work was easy. Learn how to make transformer.
repetative
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYApril 10, 2014
I assembled binders menus and card holders. I got along with the co workers and I did good while working.
Productive and on-hands learning experience
Intern/Legal Assistant/Staff Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2014
My typical day at work would begin with the review and updating of various P.I. and/or medical malpractice files. Accordingly, I would begin working on individual file needs: drafting document requests; compiling and itemizing medical records, etc.

With the various case file requirements, and non-stop attorney requests, I learned to multi-task, organize and time-manage my responsibilities more efficiently and productively. And when necessary, utilizing co-workers to assist.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was essential to the success of the attorney and/or the case. This same pleasure, was also the hardest part of my job: providing dedication, commitment and hard work, for the success of the whole.
Pros
Free coffee, water, lunches
Cons
Low salary to cost of living ratio
Very fast pace environment with ability to travel.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNNovember 20, 2013
Making inbound calls and taking calls pertaining to attorney needs. Scheduling for workshops and setting up travel arrangements.

Want to know more about Forbes?

Ask a question
small family company with the best of the best shopping centers
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2013
Forbes Company owns some of the best shopping centers in the Country. Opportunity to work with a hands on owner and opportunity to be creative. Work with the best retailers/brands in the country.
Pros
Great compensation, work with amazing brands
The fact I worked with vinyl products.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYAugust 18, 2013
make sure your count was exact and done properly. I learned how to set up a machine to do a vinyl product. The management sucks. I liked the people I worked with. The hardest part was getting the machine set up properly for a job. The most enjoyable was not having to do the same job all the time.
Pros
Working in different departments
Cons
The number of hours worked for overtime.
very serious get the job done or else work placw
Forbes (Former Employee) –  Dansville, NYMarch 28, 2012
this is a very fast paced more do it yourself kind of job. Not really interacting with others, just go to work get the job done and go home.
Pros
three breaks during the day, to get out of the factory
Cons
not alot of people, were happy to be around