Ford & Harrison LLP Employee Reviews

Busy office
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2017
Lots of insurance files to handle with little supervision - you can get a lot of great experience. However, it does not seem like a long-term place to work.
Wonderful long career with amazing autonomy!
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2014
When I started at the firm in 1981 as a legal secretary, the firm had one office with 17 lawyers. I was promoted to the Office Manager and then in the mid-90's, the focus changed from wanting to be a small boutique firm to a large, national presence in labor and employment law. By 2012, we had 21 offices with over 200 lawyers and 200 staff members. I opened all locations and handled all mergers with small/regional firms. My position was a combination of Human Resource functions and project and facilities management including management of all construction projects.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Excellent Company
Lead Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2013
This is a fine company, really takes care of its employees. Numerous perks.
Dog eat dog atmosphere.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2013
My typical day started at 8:30 a.m. trying to locate the female partner for a conference call with a Judge or another attorney. I learned fast not to tell someone that an attorney was not in the office. The office manager was a former legal assistant and showed partiality to her former favorite co-workers. This was one of the hardest parts of the job, as well as priortizing my work load between the three (3) attorneys. Each of them wanted and expected to be #1. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all attorneys were required to convene at our home office in Atlanta for mandatory meetings. This left our office with no attorneys and time to clean our work stations and catch up on anything pending, especially filing.
Pros
unfortunately, there were no "pros" in this job. everything you did was closely monitored.
Cons
two (2) fifteen minute breaks per day. required to sign out and sign in, reprimanded if late.
Good work environment but no room to advance
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaDecember 14, 2011
Ford & Harrison, LLC was a good start for someone in IT but do not expect to get involved in anything overly technical. Most of their high level work is contracted out. Working here you will gain most of your experience dealing with helpdesk issues and desktop support. On the attorney side of things, don't expect to get treated with much respect, but I summed it up to the way most Attorneys seem to have an over inflated sense of self worth. The job was not overbearing, management was flexible and working in IT was great for a beginner.
Pros
good for it novice, flexibility, comfortable work environment.
Cons
don't expect to get any advanced experience
Excellent workplace, benefits, perks, and suppport
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2011
Was very sad to leave. Only left due to relocation. Excellent growth opportunities. Most diverse place I was ever involved with. Open to ideas.
Pros
great place to work