Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

About Ford motor company
Staff Source (Current Employee), Hammond, INAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at ford. It all depends on assembly line you are working and what type of people you are dealing with on that line. I've learned How to work at a very fast pace. They managers are great, – more... you just have to deal with the right one. I get along with everyone of my co-workers. The hardest part might be standing and bending for a long time. When we have down time meaning (When one off the assembly lines goes down) and we can just sit and do nothing. – less
great benefits with bad work enviornment
Production Worker (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: bad atmosphere
I enjoyed my life outside of work but many times I did not enjoy the work. It can be a very depressing environment. On the other hand my life was great outside of work. I could do so much. I could go to the beach, movies, and do whatever else I wanted to.
Worked as Contractor
Mainframe Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 25, 2015
Not so good for contractors. So many restrictions for contractors... Clearly there is no raise... no facility and people fight to join as employee...
Really nice school of manufacturing and design
Incoming Quality Supervisor (Current Employee), Mexico cityAugust 24, 2015
Pros: innovation and excellent place to learn
Cons: high loan of work
FORD MOTOR COMPANY is an excellent place to work full of new experiences where you can develop your skills and knowledge.
ok
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
ok place to work good pay but for time for family and do the sa,e thing over and over and over for 10 hpur daysn same thing all day
fun place with hand on opportunity
automotive technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: fun place
Cons: not enough work at times
The work is fair the job I do is enjoyable and the people are fun to work with The only thing that is bad about it is when the work is slow
Great place..
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 23, 2015
Pros: lot of projects to work on same time
Cons: long breaks
Great place to work at, very kindly people great communication with people.very excellent work office great commute to work wasn't that long was about half hour from my house.
Great company with opportunity to advance
Change Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Education, Diversity, and Fun work environment
Cons: Long commute, difficult to get hired in, lack in process for multple departments
Fast paced, countless of skills to learn and excel to enhance opportunities within the company.

Bad commute for me personally, difficult to get hired in (most employees are through contract)
Very employee friendly.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Lima, OHAugust 18, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Advancement always possible. Open door pollicy a plus. I was able to change things within my job if I felt necessary within policy
Good company to work for
Lead Technician - Line Work (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA (closed)August 17, 2015
Pros: Physical workout facilities
Cons: High intensity pressure on the job
Hard work but fairly compensated. Benefits was one of tops in industry. Management so focused on production and quality. Professional growth and development somewhat slow. Workers pretty much cohesive and focused on the job. Some sort of fraternity among workers. No easy part on the job but workers are focused. Fun time was during fraternity times off the job.
not run corectly
Manager Warehouse (Former Employee), Leominster, MAAugust 13, 2015
ordered and stocked all product for warehouse one,handle the loading and unloading product with cat 950 and assorted fork trucks,handle all returns for the company
10 to 12 hour shifts monday- saturday some mandatory saturdays
assembly line worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2015
Its a good job but just know if you have a family it will be hard to spend time. you spend a lot of time at work. But you become a lot close with your employees that surround you. There are days that you want to quiet and there are days that you want love working. Benefits don't kick in right away so when you get hired make sure you have your own till you receive fords.
very comfortable work environment
Design and Release Engineer - I/Ps and Consoles (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 10, 2015
Pros: management respect and appreciation for my work
Cons: Seclusion and the long ride to Dearborn
• Worked closely with Instrument Panel and Console assembler and suppliers to implement cost effective tool and design adjustments to guarantee world-class fit and finish during early Prototype and Production – more... build.
• Coordinated and monitored Engineering, Purchasing, Suppliers to resource I/P register bezels and finish panels to a new supplier while maintaining program timing.
• Initiated resource of wood I/P and door appliqués which netted a 200% piece cost savings for a net $6M savings to program.
• Represented Instrument Panel and Console Teams for Launch at Chicago Assembly Plant. Worked with plant Launch team to troubleshoot vehicle integration issues between Instrument Panel, Console, Door Trim and Body in White and develop forward containment plans.
• Led one of the first programs to bring engineering back in house. Worked with CAD designers, suppliers, purchasing, finance, studio, testing and mock-up. Program was on time and under budget. Received Management Achievement Award.
• Coordinated purchasing, engineering, studio and multiple suppliers to resource and redesign various wood and vacuum formed filmed appliqués to In Mold Decoration for a net $2.2 M savings over life of program.

There was a definite we/they between the contract and direct engineers.
hardest part was working in a cubicle far away from everyone else

most enjoyable part was going on launch in Chicago.

Management was great!! – less
Productive and Informational
Data Center Facility Engineer (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 9, 2015
Working with 4-6 people developing plans to design new computer rooms. One of the hardest things on the job is the language barrier when working with people internationally.
Growth
Manager, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
great place to learn and grow. promotes advance education and training. opportunities to work abroad are plentiful. opportunities for advancement are plentiful as well.
Good work-life balance
Data Scientist (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 5, 2015
If you are looking for a stable, Good work-life balance and great colleagues Ford is the way to go. Typical day is busy, you learn a lot from your experienced colleagues. Co-workers are pleasant and very helping.
Productive and continuous workplace
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
Leading skilled trades/maintenance personnel to evaluate controls requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, throughput, and up time. Also, driving continuous improvement through a focused – more... maintenance program designed to reduce scrap and ensure reliability of error-proofing devices. Creating a conducive work environment for the chassis team to complete their assigned responsibilities/tasks; build and foster a team environment between production and maintenance. Informing, assisting and coaching maintenance troubleshooting techniques to improve mean time between failure and mean time to repair. – less
Ford Motor Company, Cleveland Engine Plant
Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Be able to manfacture a productthe people enjoy
Cons: The pressures of a production line
The day starts by reviewing the last shifts production on it's V6 Engine Assembly Line. I would then review the maintenance report to identify any chronic that could cause production losses. After the supervisors get the shift started we would meet to discuss the days schedule.
worked there many years and made alot of friends
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), flatrock, michJuly 30, 2015
Pros: management was fair
Cons: hot in the plant
this job was at fast pace all the time, but the benefits were very good and the company was very fair. Also at this job i worked with vendors about issues the company might have.
Very Productive place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Breaks
Cons: Parking
Everyday fast paced, I learned how to install navigation screens in automobiles. Management Great, co-workers good, the hardest part of the job keeping the pace, the most enjoyable being there.
Headquarters