Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,504 reviews matching the search
love working on ford prducts
Ford senior master tech. (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDMay 25, 2017
enjoy hard work and also very dedicated person working to work at highly professional ford dealership with no drama ,may goal is customer satisfaction priority is #1.
Great company to work for.
Assembler/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 25, 2017
work 8-10 hours a day learned how to interact with all types of personalities hardest part of job heavy lifting most enjoyable part of day is knowing you made your quota.
Pros
bonus
Cons
demanding on body over a period of time
Good job if you can do alot of over time. Great pay and benefits if you can work 10 to 12 hours a day. I had no problems with the supervisors.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2017
Great pay and benefits if you can work 10 to 12 hours a day. I had no problems with the supervisors at all. Co-workers very friendly and helpful all the time.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours all night long.
On time ready for work
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnt Hills, NYMay 24, 2017
Up to date training, enjoy fixing cars and trucks, minimal comebacks, good at upsell, hard worker, not on my phone all day, fast at my job,know what to do and do it
N/a
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DTPMay 24, 2017
It is a stressful work environment. The work life balance does not exist due to the long hours and the rotating schedule. The culture use to be better but with in the last year has become more cut throat, probably due to the new management team
Great iob
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MNMay 23, 2017
Was a really good job with excellent pay and benefits. However that's irrelevant now because they closed and laid everyone off. Hard to find another job as good as that one!
Door Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
.Typical day working at Ford Motor company varied, could be a busy fast paced day working on the assembly line, can be hot and humid. the hardest part was working in the heat and long hours
productive
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 22, 2017
I was not hired by ford company its self. I was working through hydrochemp doing housekeeping for them and it was very hard working in strong fumes, very hot and very dfferent
Pros
na
Cons
hot, not enough hours, not enough days, no breaks
Productive and Fun
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 22, 2017
Ford is a excellent place to work. Company is very transparent, flexible and key challenger where I can constantly improve my skills and ability......
A good career for the working man.
Vehicle Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2017
Alot of my time was spent in one spot but I have no negative words for my time there, overall I enjoyed it and strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a good career.
Ford Motor Company is a great company. Working at the KCAP plant building 100's of vehicles a day, you get taken for granted and treated badly.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Claycomo, MOMay 21, 2017
Ford Motor Company is a diverse company that has one goal which is to put out vehicles. You are treated as a robot doing the same thing every day for 10 to 11 hours per day. If you show weakness in anyway shape or form they will replace you. Your ideas to help the company or make your job more proficient and efficient or no way shape or form listened to.
Pros
Excellent insurance, pay and excellent coworkers
Cons
Not being listened to, doing the same exact job for hundred times a day during a 10 hour day.
Fun and enjoyable
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 19, 2017
Within the Ford Automotive not realizing the environment was larger than normal. The experience provided growth within my information Technology education.
Pros
transportation services
Cons
contact was too short
Great work enviroment.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIMay 19, 2017
Loved plant culture and people. Mostly more than just a team environment but more like one of huge family. Like all families some members you get along well with more than others. But like any other family having to come together for the common well being of the whole is Ford all the way. Keep people working to provide the best for each individual family.
Pros
Diversity.
Cons
Wear & tear on the body.
Very Fast paced job with no room for errors.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2017
Typical day at work was long and repetitive. I learned that when on an assembly line there is little to no room to make errors. The hardest part of the job is the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the check is coming everyweek.
benefits
Cons
hot conditions
I enjoyed my experience here
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here. As a Design Engineer I got to work on various projects and learned a lot. Travel was just occasion enough to be welcome. Got to work all aspects of auto design from initial concept to production readiness. Good company.
Good company; lots of good people
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 19, 2017
Ford's a great company, with very good leadership. But, the culture is slow moving, and methodical. Urgency, innovation, and out-of-the-box thinking are not valued in the culture.
good
Product Development & Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Turkey, TXMay 18, 2017
• To improve Ford Transit's Electrical and Electronic System process
• Change the design in accordance with customer claims
• To prepare claim report, find out root cause and take preventive action on plant(6 panel, Global 8D report, Fishbone)
• Communicating with the suppliers to take action
Cons
Demanding agile environment with a good culture and workforce
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 16, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Ford Motors as a systems analyst. During my time I was exposed to some new and exciting technologies. I was responsible for maintaining three global production and stage databases and putting out fires within and associated to the Ford Pass application. If you are looking for a demanding but rewarding place to boost your career, Ford Motors may be of interest.
Pros
Good culture, automotive industry experience, good management
Cons
Work/life ratio, salary, benefits
Process coach
Process Coach/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
No work life balance and no support from upper management. The union is allowed to run the place and there are a lot of unprofessional deals made by the union with management that put you in a bad position to succeed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management does not support you
Fast paced Assembly Line Work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MOMay 15, 2017
Extremely fast paced and very physically demanding. You only get three chances and you are out. Be in very good shape physically before starting this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3