Ford Motor Company
1,344 reviews

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Well planned training
Service Technical Instructor (Current Employee), Wixom, MIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good
Cons: N/A
My personal opinion of the company training is satisfactory and does not reflect the company policies involved. Should questions be submitted, they will be addressed according to company procedures.
Alright
Material Handler/inspector/assembler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits job security
Cons: hot place to work in, not the best management "people person wise" constant changes, break times and lunch changed often.
don't really know what to say other than the pay was great some of the coworkers were good people then some were very disrespectful management most of them only cared about getting that truck built very few cared about the employee "but some did".
Productive and Professional Work Environment
DESIGNER (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 21, 2015
Ford was a great place to work with state of the art equipment. Working for one of the "big three" was amazing! The technology being used back then was great.
Ok Company
Site Supervisor/Engineer (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good employees
Cons: too high of a workload.
Decent company to work for but too much workload. Alot of travel, no work/life balance. However, most employees are good people.
Produtive and workplace work out rooms
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free healthcare
Cons: In the summer very hot
10 hour work days but it went by so fast because of the steady movement and the interaction with my co-workers, learned a lot of different jobs though out the plant.
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
I like working here because I get to help people find the right vehicle for them. I learned how to handle difficult customers.
I enjoyed working for this company. The program that I managed was quality and costumer service driven.
NA ICCD Team Leader & Program Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 14, 2015
I traveled quite a bit to one of 15 assembly plants or to our call center in Toronto. I interacted closely with the Plant Vehicle Teams at each of the assembly plants. I was constantly assuring that my direct reports were trained in their inquiries to our customers.
great employer and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
I have absolutely no complaints about this company. This is an amazing company to work for. The management are great and understanding. You get supported for your dreams and ambitions. Management teams also will stand behind you.
This job was designed for strong, young people
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Flat Rock, MIJuly 8, 2015
Pros: the pay check is good after working 60 hours a week.
Cons: very short breaks
The work hours & workload are very intense and challenging. This job is not for anyone 45 years and over it is very hard on the body.
A very good place to work.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great management.
Cons: No local offices
Excellent training. A great group of employees and managers and stable corporate structure.
Consolidation of offices is the only reason I am not still with them today.
Great work enviorment. Great advancement opportunities
Millwright (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
I was able to get my journeyman's card as a Millwright being at Ford. There are some great people working at Ford also. Lots of opportunities.
Good Work/ Life Balance, Not Much for Leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 7, 2015
Pros: flex time
Cons: management, pay, progression, lack of benefits such as good AXZ pricing on product.
It all depends on where you are or what department; I work in purchasing and the enviroment is stagnant, leadership is consistently moving around, management is questionable in terms of support or teaching (again, depending on your department and who you work for), and moving from one position to the next depends on how much you're willing to sacrifice. It does not seem as if your progress is truly measured by skill, but by time and who you've gotten on your side. Most enjoyable part? Flex time. Hardest part of the job? Learning enough to become dangerous because a lot of people won't tell you all they know or spend the time to properly teach you; you learn on the go pretty much!
Ford Twin Cities Assemble Plant
Computer Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2015
The plant is gone now, but was a great place to work when I was in collage. The work was fun and interesting. The people (especially my boss) were great. I learned a great deal there.
productive fun work place
Integration QA Lead (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 7, 2015
Pros: no work from home option for agency people
Cons: no work from home option for agency people
only drawback is : no work from home option for agency people.Otherwise it is good place to work .No New technologies to learn.
Tough job
Operator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2015
Would like to use what I have learned from working on the line and labor related jobs mixed with my education to become a successful manager.
Internship Review
Program Buyer (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 7, 2015
Interned with Ford for 3 months in Purchasing. My project exposed me to several levels of management and I felt I was heavily involved in the issue at hand. Co-workers were willing to teach and be patient with myself and other interns as we learned about the company.
good place to work
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hot
assembly line work, liked that we alternated daily ensuring that you didn't get bored. learned to work in a small area closely with other people, management was fine. coworkers were fun to work with and many still remain friends. the hardest part of the job was it was VERY hot in the summer. the most enjoyable part of the job was the other people I worked with, we would sing while working, have pitch in and so forth.
Team
Database Access Developer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MiJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free break
Cons: Expensive health care
Team celebrates the team member birthdays. We all go out and eat at the restaurant and have some fun in side the organization.
Nice working place and friendly colleagues
Power Electronics Engineer (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: nice working place
Cons: Large company has a lot of "rules"
Flexible working time for R&A. The team is productive and everyone is self-motivated. Supervisors and managers are very kind.
Not the best place I've worked over the last 30 years.
Catia V5 Designer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Close to my home, flex time, decent pay, not the best but decent.
Cons: Poor management and leadership, two faced backstabbing employees.
A) A typical day at work: Sucks !!!
B) What I learned: There are way better companies out there on the horizon to work for.
C) Management: Mediocre at best. Slave driver managers and leaders. Get laid off or fired at the bosses whim.
D) Your co-workers: Too many two faced backstabbing employees.
E) The hardest part of the job: See D, C. I would get a knot in my stomach when I pulled into the parking lot.
F) Lunch, going home at night, calling in sick.

1) One of the top three WORST employers I've ever worked for.
2) Old worn out buildings in Dearborn over fifty years old an not very well taken care of.

1 2 3 4 5