Ford Motor Company
1,189 reviews

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Highly recommend this company. Family oriented and great overall experience. Great opportunity to learn and grow with a recognized global automotive leader.
company
sales manager (Former Employee), delhiFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
it is a world famous brand for cars and this is a good company which provides better faculty to their staff members.Their main motive is to satify customer needs in cheap and best price according to the needs of the customers.
This place is great if you are full time
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Ford does not understand IT. They want to be Agile, but completely do not understand what that means. Their financial systems are outdated. The project manager role does not participate in anything that is not considered admin work. Basically, you are a paper pusher at the highest degree.

Ford treats its employees very well, but its contractors not so well. You are not allowed to work from home. You have no vacation days. Your time is monitored down to the half hour.

There is no path to hire; although you are told otherwise when you are interviewed.
very productive and satisfying place to work with a rewarding carreer.
assembly specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: a great work environment and a rewarding job with good benefits.
Cons: i don't know of any cons about the job. it was a good career.
a typical day at work at ford was always interesting as well as challenging and at the end of the day there was a sense of accomplishment. I learned a lot about manufacturing processes and working with others in a team toward a common objective. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers and working along with management. it was a very rewarding job in many ways and it always provided opportunity for achievement.
Assembler
Assembly Line Lead/Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 13, 2015
I worked at Ford for 7 years. This is where i began my working career. My family has been working for Ford since the company first started. Ford can do no wrong in my eyes.
Every day is a learning experience
Assembly Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: working for national company
Cons: very loud
Repairing locomotives. Using massive equipment to repair the many different parts that are many times bigger than the average car.
Best Company to work for.
Machine Repair Leader (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Each and everyday there is something that can be learned or taught at work. The management team there at Ford do all they can to secure a safe and enjoyable work setting. The hardest part of being a Leader is funding to receive parts need to repair plant equipment.
Ford
Engineering (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Okay pay and benefits. Excellent product that has improved over time. I was there during the difficult times which made it a little difficult to endure.
great lunch room and great time.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Flat Rock, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Ford is my favorite company I have worked for and it has many good benefits. Worked in body shop which was fast paced and loved to work and make quality parts.
Ford Motor Co. was a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Maumee, OHFebruary 11, 2015
This is where I learned all my office skills, multi-tasking, and being proficient. I worked under the superintendent and was very busy there too. I had to have good organizational and motivational skills. However, the plant closed.
family owned
Ford Certified level 3 Sales Consultant (Former Employee), oakland countyFebruary 10, 2015
great place to work. hands on work friendly family owned staff I would recommend them to anyone. they have work on many large job in the area.
Productive and educational place to work.
Collections Manager Role Model - LP Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pay for performance
Cons: work schedule
We always knew what was expected of us and we were rewarded for reaching goals, There was always training for any new task given. The hardest part of the job was working until 9:00pm two nights per week and every other Saturday.
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2015
i enjoyed working for ford Dearborn truck co.i got the chance to learn a lot about ford and the way they operate its a great place to work coworkes stick together and work as a team to get the job done
Old processes used
Program Management (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: learned a lot, experienced a lot, met some great people
Cons: low bonus, low # of vacation days, too political
Good company with a long history. Processes need to be improved to include global platforms, current facilities for engineers to sit are extremely outdated and lack design and are depressing. The company keeps stating they want to cultivate innovation, yet management is not willing to spend the money to encourage innovation. Working in a dirty, depressing building is not going to make me want to be creative. Upper management doesn't always give the best direction (usually because their management doesn't provide it).
To much nepotism creates limited opportunities for others
Applications Development Project Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Turnover is so high that work is often left incomplete. Many contract workers are often treated as outcast, which creates animosity about being a Ford employee. Most Managers will favor family and friends for direct hire positions. Culture of intimidation is common and most are afraid to speak about it for fear of being terminated. This is reflective of the history of quality issues within the entire American auto industry.
would not recommend to any humans
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no manners, no professionalism, don't care about employees
horrible environment, treat injured people there with no respect although they were injured working there. NO RESPECT
Great culture.
LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great salary
Cons: lack of growth opportunity.
Establish great working relationship with union/management. I had the opportunity to manage 4 direct reports. All 4 direct reports have promising careers. The hardest part of the job is reducing the constant churning of hourly employees.
Great company to work for
Body Shop Inspector/ Sub assembley welder (Former Employee), Claycomo, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, wages
Cons: long hard hours, no airconditioning, but you are compensated well!
Ford Motor company is a wonderful place to work. They are a union company and the rate of pay is great, great benefits too if you are willing to do what it takes to make such an awesome truck!
Upward mobility available for results driven employee willing to relocate
Regional Vice President-GreenLeaf LLC (Former Employee), Monroe, GaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great employees, quality of life, compensation and benefits
Cons: really none
The best company I ever had the pleasure to work for. Was promoted several times, each time resulting in a relocation. Opted to take early retirement as opposed to another relocation.
Awesome place to work, learn and grow!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Excited to show up at work and built a quality product! SixSigma Greenbelt certified, SixSigma Blackbelt trained. Leadership and Management team was awesome and knew exactly how to empower employees.

Co-workers were from all walks of life, and were a pleasure to work with. We all grew to bond as one big family.

The hardest part of the job was the plant closing.

The most enjoyable was the team work, Management and Leadership knowing exactly what needed to be done to accomplish our goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction