Ford Motor Company
1,231 reviews

Ford Motor Company United States Employee Reviews

UAW Dtroit knows all about it
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Supervisors were not all that great, monotenous work
Ford was interesting, high strung , long hours, worked second shift, doing the same thing over and over and over again was mundane, mandatory overtime, I had opportunities to advance after a year.
nice place to work
Production Staff (Former Employee), Monroe, MiMarch 23, 2015
produced car parts, spent 10 great yrs with Ford Motor Co this is a great company to work for would highly recommend, co-workers were great.
Great place to make a career if you so choose.
Ralph Kyte - supervisor (Current Employee), Romeo, MIMarch 21, 2015
Ford is an overall good company. The people are great, employee involvement is encouraged and you are part of a team.

Youcan use your brain every day and be a part of the solution to problems.
Overall fun place to work
Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great management, flexibility, compensation
Cons: terrible hr communication
As an intern on the new Certified Pre-Owned business, I'm sure my experience was different of most. That being said, I had a fantastic manager and I learned a lot about the manufacturer/dealer relationship.
Assembly/Line Production
Team Assembler (Former Employee), Sandusky OHMarch 19, 2015
Assembled parts with power tools, worked well with team and supervisors. Packed quality parts for shipment. Changed machine fixtures.
good places to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Flat Rock, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good people and a excellant place to work
Cons: only seasonal
this job was only seasonal I was the person they would hire in the summer when employees wouldn't show up for work. It was only Mondays and Fridays wish they would have hired in full time
Human Resources
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: no job security
I enjoyed working for Ford Motor Company, however had a better opportunity. It was a great experience working there. Working for the automotive companies are a great opportunity.
ok
Hourly Production (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 16, 2015
Assembly line work is hard work. I truly love customer service. Assembly work pays well, but as i said before it's hard work.
Couldn't be more thankful
Module Component Design Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 14, 2015
Great bosses and co-workers, driven and motivated environment, and overall relaxed but productive atmosphere. Definitely would recommend this company to others.
professional atmosphere
Ford Extended Service Plan Training Manager (Current Employee), dearborn, miMarch 13, 2015
great company with great benefits and coworkers, job very demanding and fast paced at times. Overall great place to work
Good pay bad work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), kansas city moMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pay, decent benefits
Cons: horrible work life balance, no worker rights as a salary employee
The pay is good the benefits are decent, how ever as a salary employee on the manufacturing side you work 12+ hour days, and you are compensated, but you do not have a set work schedule and can be called in to work weekends last second. Work life balance is bad, plus you are forced to use vacation when they want you to.
Fun company to work for.
Consultant (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 10, 2015
I was a contractor and it was a great company to work for. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management. I learned how to code DB2 STORED PROCEDURES on this assignment.
Productive was key in typing statistical Financial paprs
Secretary/Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Dearborn, MichiganMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: being a single mother, i had some bosses that let me work around problems with kids
I was busy from the beginning of the day to the end. I learned to be a good statistical typist. Some of my management were great to work for and my coworkers and I got a long very well. Hardest part of my job wasn't at work, it was working and being a single parent. I enjoyed my job. I work well under pressure for deadlines
Challenging, professional place to work.
Manufacturing Engineering / Process Engineer (Former Employee), Livonia, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work life balance.
Cons: immediate availability of mentors when needed.
Very flexible work schedule (WLB), exposure to new technologies, independent work strongly encouraged, strong teams, supportive co-workers, stretch goals, and feeling of accomplishment each day.
Enjoyed the opportunity
Unit Supervisor/Process Coach (Former Employee), Dearborn MIFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoyed the challenges that were introduced during my employment involving bringing new and breaking edge technologies online with the new F-150 aluminum fabrication efforts. Trained on Hem die, robotics and riveting processes and applications. Maintained a safe work environment for subordinates and support personnel. Management left some things to be desired with practices and methods.
Innovative fast moving
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: income good
Cons: work long hours
Ford Motor company is a vey good company to work for. Its a growing business that has many new innovative cars. Working with the UAW has been a challenge but you continue to push forward.
Productive and Fast paced Environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work with alot of nice people and form good working relationships
Cons: takes a toll on your body physically
The hardest part of the job is the physical damage that is done to the body overtime since most of the jobs are repetitive motions at a fast paced environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends at work and everyone acts like they are your family. Most jobs you are working on a line or on a machine and every job has a cycle time in which the job needs to be completed in. My station i work at has to be completed in 15 seconds The most important part of my job or any job at my facility is making sure all our parts are packed properly and within quality and safety guidelines.
Great Place to work
Production Verification Test Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Good scope of manufacturing and production side of the company. Co-workers are diligent and easy to work with. Demands a good work ethic.
It is a Big company
Zone Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: car compensation, benefits
Cons: lots of travel, unclear communication
The job is okay depending on your personality and current family situation, and your desired path for promotion within the company. There are perks that most enjoy. Company employees and associates that employees have to work with are ego-driven which can be frustrating.
Decent pay, but you won't love what you do.
Process Coach (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Too often requires work on your scheduled days off, and you basically have to not show up against threats of write-ups to use any of the non-scheduled paid days off in your benefits package. This is a cut throat environment in which management plays unethical games to write up anyone to take the heat off themselves, and tries to pressure you into doing the same with your employees. The rotating schedule is brutal at times, and it sucks to be required to work so many hours and not be compensated (i.e. 1.5 or 2X, to compensate).

This is not a position in which you will move up. Turnover is way too high, so upper management will do everything in its power to keep production management exactly where they are.