Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search
Company Culture
Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 28, 2016
As a whole the company culture is great. I have no complaints, the possibility for advancement is a very good given performance. There is a gap in the company far as the employees. The age difference between employees and new hires is on average 10+ years from the recession in 2008. As a result, there is a gap in technology uses and limitations. The attitude to change is limited and specific to only a few areas and the old mentality of this is how it is and it won't change is very apparent in many areas. Data driven decisions are not always the voice of reason.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunities, Development
Cons
Social age gap, Location
Very Positive
Body Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAApril 26, 2016
Very positive, Good work enviroment. Co workes ae very helpful and cooperative. Facilities are nice and. It has been a great oppurtunity for me to be a part of this team..
Fun workplace
Booth cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 25, 2016
A very fun place to work with loving co workers that are very helpful.you learn that the job will take a team to complete the task at work.The hardest part of the job was smelling the sludge.
Pros
work is easy
Cons
short breaks
Good work environment
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2016
I loved my job at Ford. I enjoyed being floated all over the plant and not having any day alike. I also enjoyed the people I worked with.
this is a great co. to work for
Auditor and Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2016
Union is the only thing I dislike, but the co. is great, they helped put my children through college with a scholarship,the work is hard and they try to work with managment issues.
Pros
fun to work for
Cons
Union
Visualization Department at Ford Design Center
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 22, 2016
Overall, the work was fairly enjoyable, but the long term Ford direct hires on the team made it very difficult for the artists to succeed at any given tasks without excessive drama and long hours.
Pros
Access to large render resources
Cons
Very hostile work environment created by the Manager, Lead Artist and Visualization Supervisor
Very fast paced
Injection Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIApril 19, 2016
My typical day included running up to 4 presses at a time, it was very fast paced, with not much room for errors, often I was asked to train "new hires", and or provide relief.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Very fast paced, and the heat
Good Atmosphere; Terrible Culture
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 12, 2016
Ford's is cursed by multiple criss cross management structures that must be run up and down the ladder to get anything done. Although they are receptive to new ideas at a low level, it takes quite a lot of pull to get this dinosaur to turn around. Work life balance is great, people are great, job security is great, prospects for advancement are minimal, engineering is mediocre.
Pros
Job security, people, work life balance
Cons
management structure, resistance to change, engineering
Great Company to work for
Assembly Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIApril 11, 2016
The benefits are very generous and the hours are the best. Company has a union which looks out for your job. To me that is better than a "Right to work state" you can lose your job for anything at all.
Benefits
Cons
Very physical
Laid back workplace with urgency when its needed
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 11, 2016
Work on projects and meet deadlines along the way. Many department and company outings. Co-workers are helpful with difficult tasks.
Pros
fun workplace, good pay
Cons
N/A
Automation and Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 8, 2016
People are super nice and supportive. I have learned a lot from my colleagues and managers about how to manage muti projects at the same time, dealing with different technical groups with different perspective.
No comment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 7, 2016
good hours, but too many lay-offs due to marketing. too many chiefs and not enough Indians good place to learn about the job but people tend to get into your business make the incentives very unattractive.
Pros
time and a half on weekend, pay excellent volunteer overtime work
Cons
pay cut, no profit sharing bonds and marketing expendictures are poor
Good place to learn and explore new ideas.
Engineering Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 7, 2016
Initially it was a bit challenging to get involve and present the ideas in front of management but later on I learned how to manage the work.
Every one focused on primary goals.
Senior Manufacturing Responsible Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 7, 2016
Good place to work if you like complex mechanical devices, challenges, and opportunities. Professional atmosphere is always present. People eager to meet company goals and beyond.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
7 days a week can get a little much.
Engaging and diversified working staff
Program Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 6, 2016
Multi-task program milestone deliverable in fast paced work environment has long been what I considered a typical work day. Casual hours extend into evening work hours are a given and have fortunately been rewarded with a thoughtful management approach over the years.
Pros
Challenging assgnments
Cons
2 hour meetings
Controller
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 6, 2016
Typical day includes multi-tasking.
You learn to deal with people and how to manage multiple assignments.
Co-workers are generally knowledgeable.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with low achievers.
Pros
Employee discounts on new car purchases
Cons
Slow to react
Fun workplace
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Great workplace. There are always availability to advance within the company and monthly bonuses. They have a great training period to allow you the ability to be properly prepared before working production.
Great experience when it come to learning engineering
Powertrain Installation CAE Intern (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 31, 2016
This internship was hands on at times. I learned how to communicate with engineers about different projects and run meetings. I also learned how to use the program Teamcenter. I wish i did more engineering stuff.
Pros
experence, free lunchs, learning about other people
Cons
long hours on computers
Productive because they had a free weight room
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed the short time I had at Ford. They really didn't care about my medical problems dealing with my hand that's why I decided to quit. The hardest part about that job was trying to work with carpal. tunnel
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short breaks
Hard working environment
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIMarch 27, 2016
learned a lot of skills dealing with cars and production manufacturing. Everyday I had a different job and a different area. I learned a lot of skills and determination.
Pros
extra work breaks
Cons
different job everyday.

4.3