Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,135 reviews matching the search
I never liked working on the line
Assembly Line Worker/repair (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work was exhausting I learned I do not like a fast pace. Management did not care how you felt. my co-workers were fine they understood how I felt. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line. The most enjoyable part of the job was joking with co-workers.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long periods of work with no break
Well managed company
Team leader-supervisor for 30 people (Former Employee) –  Brookpark, OHNovember 24, 2015
Assigning people to there workplace, taking care of overtime hrs. Scheduling days off. Getting supplies for employees, weekly meetings. Great managers
Pros
Full time, benifits
fun but tiring
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2015
great experience, a lot of people, not safe if you never pay attention, easy to get along with, benefits are good, and when it comes to getting sick and emergency don't look towards ford to help...you better be a work.
Pros
pay
Cons
food not too good, parking
Engineering
engineer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 24, 2016
Job is not what was described in the posting. Was hired for engineering work (designing, test development, manufacturing issue resolution). Upon hiring, was asked to do data entry and clerical work. Disappointed.
Pros
People are friendly. good work life balance.
Cons
management lied about the job
On paper this is a great company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 24, 2016
Typical day consist of reviewing spreadsheets and reporting information to management.

This was the worst job I ever had.

Cons
-Management is extremely controlling.
-Superficial company, emphasis placed more on looks rather than quality (this can be said for employees and product).
-Coworkers are back stabbers.
-They will try to sabotage your career if you challenge their ideas. You must learn to say YES.
-The job you interview for is not the job you receive when starting.
-Work is not challenging or interesting. To be successful here involves mingling, sucking up, or having family with some connections.
-Diversity is a buzz word.
-They promote a family style environment, but be careful the personal information you share may be used against you later.
-Management does not care about their employees.

I could continue but you get the point!
Benefits
Cons
Good company to work for
Lead Technician - Line Work (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA (closed)August 17, 2015
Hard work but fairly compensated. Benefits was one of tops in industry. Management so focused on production and quality. Professional growth and development somewhat slow. Workers pretty much cohesive and focused on the job. Some sort of fraternity among workers. No easy part on the job but workers are focused. Fun time was during fraternity times off the job.
Pros
Physical workout facilities
Cons
High intensity pressure on the job
Needs to Balance
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MISeptember 21, 2015
The Ford Plant in Flat Rock (FRAP-Flat Rock Assembly Plant) works their employees long hard hours and sometimes forces people to work on Saturdays. They work from 6:00 to 5:00pm and by the time I get home from Flat Rock to Flint (a 3 hr drive), I have no time for anything, but sleep and get up at 3am to go do it all over again.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
No time with family and too much time spent on the road driving
Community involvement programs. Health classes and Gym on Company baseball teams and picnics
Group leader/Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2016
A typical day- Start production/manpower count, cover all station.
Morning meeting with management and engineers.
Help team members with any concern or issue they may have.
Weekly meetings with Team/Group
Monthly Training course.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours of physical labor 50-58 hours a week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team on a project. And then celebrating our accomplishments. Sometime with pizza for lunch.

What I learned. That with teamwork we can accomplish almost anything.
Pros
Free Items, such as jackets. Discount on workshoes. Families Events
Cons
Noise, because of power tools. On your feet all day.
Productive fun and secure place to work
CTI/TNT Customer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2015
Working for TNT logistics was one of the best jobs I have ever had. It was a union shop with real union advantages. I love working for this company from the beginning to end. The hours and pay was execellent.
Pros
Great benifits.
Cons
Never knew if you was working over until the last hour.
Alright
Material Handler/inspector/assembler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
don't really know what to say other than the pay was great some of the coworkers were good people then some were very disrespectful management most of them only cared about getting that truck built very few cared about the employee "but some did".
Pros
great pay and benefits job security
Cons
hot place to work in, not the best management "people person wise" constant changes, break times and lunch changed often.
Hard work
motor operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2015
long hours, hard labor troubling management no job security bad health insurance.
my union is corrupt with a lot people In higher position not doing there jobs, there is no unity which is what I pay for. no flexibility.
Pros
pay
Cons
hard labor
Great Job that Ford has let me use all my skills from Auditing to Sales!
Dealer Auditor, GAO (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 25, 2016
Travel somewhere within the United States, working directly with a dealership from 1 to 2 weeks by auditing their Incentives. Analysis of the results to find Incentive Missteps, help dealer make reparations to the correct sources. Then work with the dealership to train their management & personnel, the correct way to process incentives & from the sales side how to better utilize incentives to increase sales & owner loyalty. The hardest part of the job is not being able to personally follow-up on the training with continuous process improvement. The most enjoyable is the Dealer calling & thanking you, after you've worked with their people to tell that you've made a positive impact on their business.
Pros
Great Working Environment, Rewarding & Identifiable Results
Cons
Healthcare
Great Pay and Benefits
Assembled F150 components (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 20, 2015
It was the best ran company in Norfolk, it treated it's workers good and the benefits were fabulous! I really liked working there, it had a lot of great people working there!
Pros
The supervisors were great, There was always someone new you could meet each day with over 1200 people working at night
Cons
Tedious, repetitve work
Company Culture
Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 28, 2016
As a whole the company culture is great. I have no complaints, the possibility for advancement is a very good given performance. There is a gap in the company far as the employees. The age difference between employees and new hires is on average 10+ years from the recession in 2008. As a result, there is a gap in technology uses and limitations. The attitude to change is limited and specific to only a few areas and the old mentality of this is how it is and it won't change is very apparent in many areas. Data driven decisions are not always the voice of reason.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunities, Development
Cons
Social age gap, Location
Very satisfying.
Lead Millwright (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 23, 2016
Every day is different with job details that needed to be taken care of. Safety always first then plan for accomplishing job. Learning is always at hand with different challenges for the jobs at hand. Management was always willing to listen and concerns of what is needed to complete jobs. Great co-workers. Hardest part of job was making sure everyone had all their safety equipment up to date and that lock out procedure was in place. Enjoyment was at days end when jobs were complete and everyone went home the same way that they came to work.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Benefits.
10 to 12 hour shifts monday- saturday some mandatory saturdays
assembly line worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2015
Its a good job but just know if you have a family it will be hard to spend time. you spend a lot of time at work. But you become a lot close with your employees that surround you. There are days that you want to quiet and there are days that you want love working. Benefits don't kick in right away so when you get hired make sure you have your own till you receive fords.
Awesome company
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 1, 2015
Finance is embedded in every aspect of the business, so you get to learn about a wide variety of different functions in the company. Compensation is very good considering the cost of living in the Dearborn area.
Production Management/Culture
Supplemental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2015
Typical day is finalizing manpower, quality, and safety. I have learned to be open minded and understanding and to be demanding of operators. Learning to respect the employee and learn from their experience. Continue to be true to what you believe and who you are while adapting to the culture.
Pros
Opportunity, compensation
Great experience when it come to learning engineering
Powertrain Installation CAE Intern (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 31, 2016
This internship was hands on at times. I learned how to communicate with engineers about different projects and run meetings. I also learned how to use the program Teamcenter. I wish i did more engineering stuff.
Pros
experence, free lunchs, learning about other people
Cons
long hours on computers
My career was a Ford Motor Company and I LOVED working.
Secretary - Build Coordinator - Spec Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 26, 2016
I was hired as a file clerk, promoted to Secretary to Supervisor to Manager and then was promoted as a Build Coordinator. My experience at Ford was so extensive. From the typewriter to computers; classes from writing, comprehensive reading, computer programs, hazarded waste and anything that was required on the position. As a Build Coordinator I developed the sign-off program for engineers to approve before a Durability test and later for the Crash Program. When I had the position in crash I was responsible for a vehicle to prep and follow through to the crash. I would also strip the vehicle after a crash. After that I worked Germany to spec vehicles for required testing. I retired after that. I cannot put in words how much I learned at Ford, only my experience in all the departments I worked in lead to what I learned. Management varied as I changed positions, I had wonderful management to questionable management. The hardest part of any of my jobs wasn't. I absolutely loved working all my years at Ford.
Pros
Working for a wonderful reputable company.
Cons
I don't have any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3