Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Not the best place I've worked over the last 30 years.
Catia V5 Designer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Close to my home, flex time, decent pay, not the best but decent.
Cons: Poor management and leadership, two faced backstabbing employees.
A) A typical day at work: Sucks !!!
B) What I learned: There are way better companies out there on the horizon to work for.
C) Management: Mediocre at best. Slave driver managers and leaders. Get laid off or fired at the bosses whim.
D) Your co-workers: Too many two faced backstabbing employees.
E) The hardest part of the job: See D, C. I would get a knot in my stomach when I pulled into the parking lot.
F) Lunch, going home at night, calling in sick.

1) One of the top three WORST employers I've ever worked for.
2) Old worn out buildings in Dearborn over fifty years old an not very well taken care of.
They've Come A Long Way
Field Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits were wonderful
Cons: Worklife balance can be challenging, along with constant product quality issues
Much needed work has been done on improving the quality and brand image. Great negotiated discounts with many non-automotive industries. Strategy is sometimes short-sighted. Not such a great relationship with their dealers which can make a Field Manager's job difficult
Great pay but terrible work-life balance
Process Coach ---First line Supervisor (Current Employee), Claycomo, MOJune 27, 2015
Ford is a great company to work. However, it's not a place to consider if you require any sense of work life balance. The hours are quite demanding, but you are well compensated for it.
Great company to work for
Production Assembler/Trim (Former Employee), Flat Rock, MIJune 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, advancement, extended time off
Cons: job security, management
Ford Motor Company offers the best benefits and compensation.
There is plenty of room to advance in this company. The work is hard but rewarding.
Very organized, disciplined place to work.
Design Release Engineer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 22, 2015
I worked at the Dearborn location for almost one year, learned a lot, did a lot. We had daily meetings with engineers, suppliers and management.
I was very happy working there, wishing the time would have been longer.
I am a perfectionist, so it was the perfect place fo rme.
great career opportunities
Supervisor/Process Coach (Current Employee), Chicago Heights, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: great career opportunities, paid overtime, work 4 days off for 3.
Cons: far drive to and from work
I like working here at Ford Motor Co. however I am looking for something closer to home. Very fast pace environment, multi-tasking is a most needed skill. Need to be self driven and also take directions very well.
car sales is an dirty job i didnt like the deception that took place that was required of the sales staff
courtesy ford .sales rep (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 16, 2015
Pros: got to drive new cars
Cons: deceptive industry accountability and honesty were not
I was car salesmen of the month six times in a row my first year however the more I got involved with the people I worked with the more I knew that this was not for me
Injection mold press Operator (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: mandatory OT at last minute
Worked in Assembly, Great place to transfer to different departments within. Great benefits, 401k, vision, dental, vacation pay. Management was ok.
Good job and benefits
General Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
Management is ok. The work is good and workers are hard working and a good environment. Hard work but good paying job. I worked on the assembly line and quality control.
Busy Busy Busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 11, 2015
Definitely a great environment to get your feet wet working with the public. An enormously diverse and multicultural environment, however it is time for me to transition to more meaningful employment.
Awesome company
Area Supervisor - Body Shop (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Unions
Worked there 20 years and took the buyout -my only regret.

Ford had mentor that would help you be sucessful whereas the Union would protect lazy, and bad apples. I enjoyed my tenure there and will never forgot my roots!
Great workplace
Cashier/Receptionist/Warranty Administrator (Former Employee), Clermont, FLJune 9, 2015
A typical day involved talking to the service technicians.
Helping customers with their payments for service.
Answering phones and directing the caller to whom they needed or the correct department.
The hardest part of the job was not having the answer that the customer wanted about their vehicle.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and having a great work relationship with the technicians.
poor working conditions
off-buck welder/ fork lift driver / tug driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2015
poor working conditions, and everyone is just there for themselves and there is way to much drug an alcohol abuse. Knowone does anything about it and there isn't random drug testing which I feel necessary!!
Must be a MULTI-tasker
Labor Relations Intern (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 8, 2015
Pros: Very supportive staff
Cons: fast paced
A very fast paced environment. Have to deal with multiple issues at once. Must be able to talk to various levels of employees, ranging from hourly works to top level management.
Supervision
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR ACH.LLC (FORD MOTOR) (Former Employee), Plymouth MiJune 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Quality of help
The fast paced environment made the day fly... There was never a dull moment dealing with the day to day life in a manufacturing building.
My internship experience at Ford Motor Company
Marketing, Sales & Service: Engineering Op. Intern (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIJune 7, 2015
My internship experience at Ford Motor Company helped me learn about the auto industry and gave me a first-hand experience in this field.

Highlights:
-Learned highly valuable computer and communication skills.
-Co-workers and management were very friendly and easy to talk with.
-Had multiple opportunities to learn about other Ford organizations while I was working as an intern student (this helped me get a feel for different careers within Ford Motor Company).
daily jobsw
Plumber Pipiefitter (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 7, 2015
Pros: worked at my own pace and not pressured for completion in untimly manner
Cons: heavy and hard work, Long hours
received job orders and either repaired machine or did new construction depending on what department I worked in. went through a 4 year apprenticeship had to work with partner and got along very well with them. evaluating the problems were the hardest. the most enjoyable part of my job was self satisfaction of accomplishment
QlikView Developer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 3, 2015
Very good management hard work enjoyable work good co workers
hard work enjoyable work good management cool environment
Very good to workers with excellent benefits.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions
Cons: Loss of jobs.
Very fast paced production facility. Good equipment and good people to work with.

Hardest part of job was working for a company that wasn't staying in Michigan. So many jobs were outsourced to other countries. Company has been reduced from a major manufacturer to a major assembler of globally made parts. Not so good for the American economy.
Team Leader/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2015
Working at Ford Motor Company was the best.
Excellent pay
Excellent benefits
They paid for me to return to school
You have to be ready for a lot of hard work!!
Headquarters