Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Manufacturing Technician/Team Leader
Team Leader/Set-up Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: union politics, mandatory overtime
Build parts for transmissions in busy manufacturing environment and assembly line production. This was a Union position and I learned a great deal about the pros/cons of Unions as well as the history of Unions in the U.S. Mandatory overtime and working many hours, though well-compensated, was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed the structure and – more... having production goals, being a team leader, and working to solve problems with the engineering teams. – less
Challenging work with unique constraints
Body Integration Engineer, Product Development (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 16, 2014
Launching a product on a different continent from the lead engineering office can be difficult. With only 3 hours of workday available for correspondence, communication relying heavily on CAD and voice communication, and long lead times for prototype and tool shipments, the position of a 'single point of contact' on-site integration engineer has its – more... challenges. But having knowledgeable colleagues who together in a healthy, cross-functional manner, and the feeling of seeing the first unit of a new model rolling off End-of-Line makes it all worth it. – less
great job
PROTOTYPE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJune 16, 2014
great job but no advancement get to learn new skills great hours and people to work with
Career
Assembly Line Maintenance Technician I (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2014
Worked at for 12 years. Plant closed in 2008. Learned a lot about mechanical maintenance and assembly line work.
Great job
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), NC, SC,TN,AL,GA,FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: good folks and pay
Cons: very long hours onm tent sales
Took on a large regional area but loved the job working with Ford dealerships helping them dig deeper on poor credit buyers
Hard working Great Pay
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Chicsgo IllinoisJune 9, 2014
Cons: pay
Working with Ford Motor Company was a great experience overall .
Great Experience
Industrial Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2014
Cons: heavy workload, and sometimes lack of work-life balance
Learn a lot from the perfected production system at Ford. Even though there is a lot more to do to improve, but the current production system is the best way to learn for an Industrial Engineer.
A place of growth and learning
Assembly, Quality Control and Utility Trainer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 3, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: mosquitoes
A great place to learn many different skill sets. With a myriad of opportunities, Ford offered a structured organization in which to thrive and grow.
Management was constantly growing and learning from the past, and strived for excellence.
Co-workers were mostly good hearted, hard working people who loved their families and their job.
Hardest part for – more... me was working conditions at night, I had to bring a can of OFF to fight the mosquitoes.
Best part was the opportunities for advancement and the benefits!!! – less
productive, fun
Team Leader (Former Employee), wayne miMay 29, 2014
Pros: great people, lunch breaks
enjoyed the time i spent working for ford. moved on to the career of my dreams.
Amazing Company!
Zone Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 27, 2014
Ford is amazing to work for!
I wish that I had truly appreciated all that I was shown when I was there. Ford may be old school on things but they truly hold their value for their employees.
Running my zone in the TRIM department is very interested
Team leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 25, 2014
Pros: my operators, my follower colleague and the team leader position i hold
Cons: the system
my operators in my zone (trim department) , u can't ask for a better group then them
Innovative and Quality Driven
DDL (Direct Data Link) Trainer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 23, 2014
Pros: values employee development, quality-focused
Cons: relies on a larger contract workforce
An innovative, quality-driven automotive manufacturer.
Wonderful challenge
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Romeo, MIMay 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: extreme working conitions
Leadership
Team work
Challening
Hard work
Critical thinking
Inspection
Learning experience
Sr. DataStage Consultant (Former Employee), Dearborn, MichiganMay 19, 2014
I enjoyed thoroughly working here since we had a lots of scope for understanding and learning the business aspect so that we deliver the efficient code.
Great Place to work
IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Wayne, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: work times
Cons: sometimes to much required training, even if experienced
FORD Motor Compnay is always a great place to work. Management promotes an open door policy, provides any required training (no questions asked) and promotes within.
This company could change the culture for the better.
Inspector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2014
Pros: close to where i live
Cons: long days, some jobs make the body overworked
I come in for work and the culture is typical. There should be some improvements but the feedback employees give to the company are ignored. Management is not consistent with quality and safety for employees. I wish for changes and tried to make a difference but the culture and the attitude of managers are content. Work station analysis should be addressed – more... to allow assembly workers to be more productive. – less
Call center environment
Customer Service and Credit Re-analysis Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very political
Inbound calls for customer service, credit re-analysis, light collections, update accounts, issue resolutions, special projects.
Fun to be a part of
Summer Intern (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 14, 2014
Huge company and they treat their employees very well. Some employees work in cubes while others work mainly in conference rooms (depending on team/individual assignment). Communication is key here since the company is so large and has a huge base of employees.
Excellent Companuy
Fleet Marketing and Sales Operations (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 14, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
I cannot express the educational and work experience opportunities offered at Ford over my 23 years. It is truly a world class company.
A solid compnay
Field Operations, Zone Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 13, 2014
A great company with family values. Lots of opportunity for growth and travel