Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,330 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work. Great money & benefits.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2017
I loved my job there. The money & benefits were great. Loved the co workers. Loved the hours. Close to home. Wish I still worked there. I learned ALOT.
Work performance, and customer loyalty driven
ASE Certified Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Ford Motor Company is a work performance and customer loyalty driven company. If your work quality is consistent and to the company specs you will go far as to aim for excellence in that field. The work load is primarily customer driven and the customer is always right without them no one would have a job.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere, ability to to advance
Cons
Availability of workload, slow to non-existence
productive safe environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2017
a good day's work. enjoyable.having a great time learning new things .as well as good working relationship with others
Pros
free lunch and accomodation
Cons
health check ups
Typical
Ford Sevice Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 11, 2017
My time as a ford service technician was typical of what you would find in any repair shop. The co-workers were friendly and supportive and the management was always available.
Very discriminatory and toxic
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work required me to defend my integrity as I was cussed by coworker and managers, physically hit by two of my coworkers, and had my work sabotaged on a daily basis.
Management, supervision, and union representatives witnessed my work sabotaged yet I was continually, progressively, and methodically disciplined by labor until I eventually lost my job. I was continually accused of missing installation of parts.
Many of my coworkers witnessed the discriminatory aggression I dealt with from managers and coworkers.
The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with blisters to my face and neck due to the grease required to use on rubber parts and also hands swollen double from repetitive movement required to install parts.
Quick, breakneck pace.
Assembly Worker/Temp (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I would come in, early prep for whatever work i might be doing. I try to keep up with the line, Quickly adding or modifying a part to the unit, and then repeat the same tasks for * hours, each taking about a minute and a half. small line stopages happen frequently and briskly as every manager tries to keep the line gooing non stop. The hardest part is keeping up with the units as the line keeps moving, some jobs have small tasks while others are extensive.
Pros
Good pay, good compensations
Cons
wears you down quickly, fast paced. Not for the faint of heart.
Productive workplace with a fun environment
HR System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Responding and sending important daily emails
Attend weekly meeting with skill team
Provide training to the company employees on Self Services system everyday
Attend dual weekly meeting with service providers
Conduct a monthly induction on the ESS system
Monitor HR/Payroll Information system information interface
Rectifying daily system interface errors
Rectifying daily information system errors
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
short breaks & long workinghours
Built Ford Tough
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to work.
Great benefit's.
You are able to move up quickly in the job field
good pay
Able to get great over time hours
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
un fair working conditions do to weather conditions and the plant being old
Decent place to work.
Move Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Contracted to Ford through Lockheed Martin. Worked on their help desk assisting in the Year 2000 realignment process, consolidating teams and accompanying computer terminals to various locations within the campus. Met a lot of great people.
My experience
Asembly (Former Employee) –  Kentucky Truck PlantJanuary 6, 2017
For the 6 months I been there I feel like I accomplished things people don't often get a chance at. Unfortunately one big mistake cost me a long suspension
Pros
Good money
Cons
Dangerous work areas
Ford is a great company to work with
CPO Coach and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2017
The culture at Ford was a pleasure to be a part of. I am impressed that it is a culture of collaboration as opposed to a completely top down "thou shall" environment.

My typical day was spent in the dealership identifying process improvements and working to train individuals/groups on their implementation.
Great place to work if you love automobiles
Design and Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at ford because there was so much going on. People seemed somewhat complacent, but none the less if you wanted to work hard then it could potentially be rewarding.
Its all about your own drive
Lube Tech/Line Tech (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOJanuary 5, 2017
I started as a lube tech and began to move up on my own. I worked to interesting people. The owners were very polite, didnt mind helping their techs either. Most issues they were able to address compared to previous employers. In all honesty there is nothing negitive i can say about them. Everything is at your own drive.
Pros
Free training
Great company to work for.
Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
I was a proud worker of Ford Motor Company for seven years. I absolutely loved it after getting used to my job. Wonderful perks and they care about the morale of the company. Awarding in many different ways. I personally would still be there if it wasn't for me wanting to take the school buyout. My degree meant that much to me. But will always list Ford as my #1.
Pros
free classes for personal growth such as welding and others
Cons
every tree may have a couple of bad apples (other employees)
Working at walterboro
Oil Change Technician/ wrecker driver/ detailer (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 4, 2017
When I first started at Walterboro Ford only thing I know how to do was detail cars month to month pass I learn how to change oil and run the Wrecker Service and learning more things from the Master Tech.how to work on cars
Work is work, Take the Good with the Bad
Ford Certified Master technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 4, 2017
There really isn't a "typical" day while working at a Ford Dealership as a flat rate technician. Every car/truck/or motor home that comes in the door is just another challenge to complete. From Diagnosing a customers check engine light, to rebuilding their transmission. Every obsticle is a new learning experience and a new challenge. Sometimes work will be easy and sometimes it can be very stressful, you just have to take the good with the bad and hold your chin up high. I have learned an enormous amount of information that cannot be taught in any book. Hands on experience is the only way to learn
this career path. Management has been hit and miss lately due to the high demands of corporate leaders pressuring lower management to out perform previous years profits in a very poor economy. Its really tough to actually find a good manager these days who actually knows what it is like to be a technician and whom will actually take care of a good technician. The hardest part of my job is the flat rate pay system. The labor ops seem to keep changing every year a few tenths lower at a time. I have always been lucky to have great coworkers at all the dealerships I have worked at. The most enjoyable part of the job is fixing challenging things that other techs cannot fix.
Pros
All the top of the line diagnostic tools and modern shop equiptment
Cons
Flat rate pay system
A great company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Provides a wide range of experience and opportunities for advancement. Never a dull moment with lots of challenges, as well as a great team to work with.
Labor
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 3, 2017
A great work place that cares about its employees. Hard work at times but great pay and great benefits.If i didnt have higher aspirations in my schooling Ford would be a great job to have.
productive
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Receiving cars off a fright truck driving cars to parking lots in the Lynbrook area. staff was were very friendly. washing cars
Pros
drving cars
Cons
cold weather
The best Job I have ever had
Assembly Line Lead/ Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 3, 2017
This company is just absolutely amazing. It is the only job that I have ever known to not need a college degree and still be able to provide the quality of life in which every americn deserves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3