Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,134 reviews matching the search
meh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIMay 26, 2016
No thanks. Why do I have to do this? I can't tell the whole story here. I worked hard for this company. More more more more more more more more more.
Its was a ok place to work
Utility Tech/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2016
When I first started wow it was a little scary at first of seeing how big the plant was an the rate of the units going by an learning the job as fast you could of course they gave you a couple of days to learn it as I did I grew with knowledge of the jobs an was a person where the supervisor could trust me to get the people trained on a specific job an also the ablility to become a Millwright Tech
No work life balance
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Nursing skills are used at a minimum, more secretarial work, not challenging enough. Immediate management uninvolved, no room for growth
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long, wierd hours
Ford provided the skills that would greatly strengthen and sustain my 47yrs in the car business.
Management (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2016
Took an naïve 21 yr old and gave him a real world business education on steroids. These skills were make the difference skills providing an edge later on in retail.
Pros
Skill training
Cons
Slow to respond to things a huge bureaucracy
Working at Motor Company has provided me with some great experiences.
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 22, 2016
Working at Ford Motor Company has provided me with some great experiences. I have had the benefit with working with various departments such as accounting, fleet, Vehicle Remarketing, Brand, and pricing.
Pros
Great People.
Cons
High stress
Skilled Trade (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIMay 19, 2016
very hard to advance if you are a hourly worker. Seniority rules which cause many problems for those with less seniority trying to secure different positions
Ford (working as a production worker)
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2016
Ford is a great company; They have great benefits, there are 3 different shifts, they provide college assistance. I just finished my Business Administration Management BA with a Marketing Minor with honors

There is very little opportunity to advance within Ford, which is why I am finding new employment with my new degree
Pros
Great Benefits, 3 different shifts, College assistance
Cons
Physically wears your body out, no room for advancement
Community involvement programs. Health classes and Gym on Company baseball teams and picnics
Group leader/Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2016
A typical day- Start production/manpower count, cover all station.
Morning meeting with management and engineers.
Help team members with any concern or issue they may have.
Weekly meetings with Team/Group
Monthly Training course.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours of physical labor 50-58 hours a week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team on a project. And then celebrating our accomplishments. Sometime with pizza for lunch.

What I learned. That with teamwork we can accomplish almost anything.
Pros
Free Items, such as jackets. Discount on workshoes. Families Events
Cons
Noise, because of power tools. On your feet all day.
Productive and gives a good scope in learning technologies with a friendly environment.
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 18, 2016
People are friendly and they use advanced equipment's for there automotive parts production.

The time just passes away and I don't even feel like I started my day and it also ended.
Hard to make Good money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAMay 16, 2016
Better have back up funds if times get down...
Be on the look out for yourself...
Other than that its a rewarding career with the different kinds of people you meet on the daily...
Great culture and fun place to work
Infrastructure Engineer and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 13, 2016
Ford was a great place to work, with great culture, team, and leadership. Solid company with outstanding benefits. Business growth has been great.
Productive and fast paced
material handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2016
run my schedule, assign docks, unload and reload trailers, Check warehouse to seewhat stock is needed and let my supervisors know whether we have or are getting it. Needed to predict time left on stock so as to pull in truks ahead of time in order to keep lines running. Booked all my trucks for inventory. Loaded dollies with stock to send to other warehouses.
Pros
Freedom from line to be able to go to restroom or take a small break
Cons
Very busy and stressful
Nice with TVs in it.
Washer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 5, 2016
Great people all around me! Great job to work at and very fun place to be at. Good and hard working mangers. Worked really hard at everything.
Good Company with great people to work with
PVT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2016
Learned many skills in short time from bests minds in the field. Good work-life balance. Little low salaries for contract employees.
Very fast paced work environment
Inspector, Assembly line/ Production worker (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYMay 3, 2016
I would do numerous jobs on a daily basis. Ive learned how to work on assembly and production lines. I have done numerous small part jobs as well. Management was great to their employees. I have worked with different co-workers daily and they all worked very well with everyone. Some jobs were challenging but not impossible. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing at the end of the day management showed appreciation for the job that was done.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Average
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 2, 2016
-Many meetings while trying to get job done.
-Top Management and Ownership is great
-Competitive co-workers, croanyism in my department.
-No creativity/flexibility allowed.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long Drive, Favoritism
fast paced and productive
team leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2016
I tended to the needs of 15 people and their operations making sure they had everything to do the job right and safely.I would make repairs when needed and did a lot of problem solving. I was very well liked by my co workers and was rewarded and got to go to the Texas state fair and I worked the auto show selling cars.The hardest part of the job was to try and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part was when we hit our number without any quality issues
Pros
good pay benefits
Cons
my plant is very corrupt and made the job stressful
Nice Work Place With Great Benifits
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 1, 2016
I enjoyed going to work daily, the work was easy and the people were pretty nice! I learned new things and have more experience in the assembling world. Management was great and the most hard part about this job was me leaving!
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work starts off slow and ends in an orderly fashion. Even though it was very diverse it was a great learning experience coworkers welcome with open arms. The most challenging part of the job would be dealing with some customers that wasn't quite satisfied with some of the quality of what they were purchasing. What i enjoyed the most would be the different guest and their accents when requiring about purchases.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great opportnities
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
A really nice place to work, employee oriented, however not good work life balance due to the nature of the industry. After being employed there for 20 years, there were good days and bad days. Anytime you involve the human element then things can be challenging.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance. uncaring supervisors

4.3