Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 15, 2017
When I started at FMC, I knew I was going to be a TPT (temporary part time). Well, 2 years later & there's no end in sight for when I'm going to get hired in. So no benefits, no time off, no bonuses. I work a horrible schedule that medically doesn't work for me & I was let go because they won't abide by my doctor's restrictions for me.
productive, fast-paced work environment
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2017
Ford is a great place to work for an individual who seeks to make a career in the automotive industry. Unfortunately, as an hourly based employee, there are not many opportunities for my career aspirations of management or administration. Ford has a great employee benefit package, and their hourly pay of a two-tier system is progressive. The working culture is production driven, which can often induce a little more stress than a normal working environment. Ultimately, I believe Ford motor Co. is a great place to work.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Healthcare Insurance
not fun
Assembler / General Utility (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 14, 2017
A wasn't a very fun environment but as far as compensation it was very good . Unfortunately you had to stand in the same area for the whole work day because it is a production line .
Great Job
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 13, 2017
Great Company to work for, one of the best! Do not pass up a oppurtunity to work there! Some of the best Benifits, Insurance, Retirement, Job Security, a company has to offer!
Pros
everything
Cons
Great company provided technical training and college!
Industrial Electrician & Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MI, Dearborn, MIDecember 13, 2017
Ford was always generous with technical training in areas such as robotics, PLCs, weld controllers, lean manufacturing, etc. My greatest satisfaction came from my year & a half assignment to the HEV (hybrid electrical vehicle) project.
Pros
great pay & benefits, advanced technology
Cons
I occasionally ws required to work off shifts at a time when I was raising sever young children
Fun Work Place
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
Very Good Company to Work For. good benefits. the work life balance at this employer is very important. the company pays there employees well. also hair holidays with is a plus.
Fortune 100 Company
Market Representation Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2017
Great workplace for aggressive, people oriented people.

Willingness to relocate is necessary to advance.

Intense competition with peers on achieving monthly goals.
A very good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI 48126December 12, 2017
The management was very easy to work for. They respected quality work and dedication. I learned a lot about the auto industry. Everyone was very friendly. The job(s) were not hard at all. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
Perks and discounts
Cons
Short lunch, 1/2 hour
Working Hours - Crazy Shifts
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
No work life balance with the current shifts that workers are subject to, especially C-Crew. There is no way to get proper sleep or to have a family life with those shifts.
Factory Service Representative
Vehicle Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 12, 2017
Average day includes visiting two dealerships. I review and make recommendation based on current sales, marketing actions, customer satisfaction and employee training. I assist dealers in satisfying customer needs, supplying Ford Engineers and or cash as needed. Also, help in locating potential employees.
Pros
Getting dealers into the 21st Century in terms of marketing, special events and sales.
Cons
Too much freeway time. Even when sales are good, like now, the auto industry is subject to recession with any change in the economy.

Want to know more about Ford Motor Company?

Ask a question
Fun, fast place to work. The other employees were very helpful in getting the new assemblers up to speed.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2017
Once you are able to kee up with the line, the job is very enjoyable. The floor managers are college graduates that have never worked a blue collar assembly line before. They need to be trained on the line before they can manage the workers on the assembly line.
Pros
Great benefits, usually Saturday and Sunday off. All major Hollidays and two paid weeks off in the summer.
Cons
Assembly line moves very fast. Management on the floor does not empathize with the line workers.
ford
Assemble line worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
great place especially working on the door line. meet great people , that love working as a team. great pay, good management and safety always come first.
Work hard= Get Paid
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2017
At ford you will make a comfortable wage, but prepare to be uncomfortable while you work. Management will try to have your neck over the smallest issues.
Ford Motor Company
Assembly Line Operator & Robotic Technician (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIDecember 9, 2017
Best job I ever had, I just wish the long hours such as 14-16 hour shifts didn't start happening cause of the demand on the Mustangs at Flat Rock, MI assembly plant were so high. although as an 18 year old, it was good pay, sometimes it was slow paced, other jobs are fast paced, and some jobs were difficult but easy to catch on, sometimes you deal with people with bad attitude and sometimes you get the best people to look out for you. over all, its a great company to work for, looking forward to working for the big three in general.
Pros
pay, fun, new experience, always something different, best benefits, advancement
Cons
long hours sometimes, sometimes bad attitudes
Close network of employees
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
Very fast pace strenuous physically demanding and mentally exhausting work load but well worth it for those that can maintain. Good relations with co-workers and tight nit brotherhood with excellent benefit and bonus package.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
Physically crippling
Typical day at Ford
Senior Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 8, 2017
I did a lot of strategy development and implementation for a group that did not have a communications person before. I did a lot of Power Point slides, email text, newsletters and some video editing.
Pros
Worked at Town Center office - new and in the mall
Cons
No benefits for contractors
Great company
Ford Production Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
Fast paced, customer driven, detail oriented business dedicated to maximizing shareholder profit and building quality products in a safe and timely manner.
Pros
Pay, benefits, personal interaction with co-workers, seeing people buy our quality products
Job security
General IT/Checker (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 7, 2017
TL;DR: I worked as an hourly employ at Ford. It's an over payed fork lift job with no education required. Perfect for people that are uneducated by paper and enjoy labor work/going to work and coming home.

In my opinion, any of the major car companies such as Ford offer two types of jobs. Obviously it's hourly and salary, but I categorize it as: High school education and college education. If you are unable to complete college for whatever reason, Ford is a very secure job and you can definitely live off the hourly income. Ford provides annual raises, benefits, stocks, and a very strong/scary Union. As an hourly, you go to work and you go home. That's it.

Salary on the other hand is super stressful because of deadlines, goals, and higher management setting expectations/guidelines. Also salary does not have the Union to back them up. And here in Michigan, salary can be fired at the drop of a dime, no questions asked.
Pros
Job security, unlimited breaks, good pay, benefits, discounts, and union
Cons
Good/bad day is up to your supervisor, seniority based, meaningless job as hourly
Lack of job advancement.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2017
I love the union for The benefits but the lack of potential for growth makes it easy for me to seek other companies for that very reason. I have an associate degree wasting away
Benefits
Cons
No job growth
Highly challenging, I had great employees that made work more satisfying.
Material Handling Foreman (Rouge Complex) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI 48120December 6, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges and felt a sense of pride in the fact that, at that time, Plant 'A' in the complex was the only plant in the country that was producing the Mustang and Cougar automobiles. The assembly line turned out 1300 cars per day on 3 shifts.
Pros
Good, smooth running section with terrific employees.
Cons
Fairly political corporate structure which at times intensified the atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2