Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Ford
Stocker (Former Employee), Bedford, INJanuary 13, 2014
I managed 3 lines and in charge of ordering supples
I worked with a group of people
Co-workers were nice and we all got along well.
Probably the temperature was very hot in summer and cold in winter.
Being in charge of a group and leading them
Revenue Recovery
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: growth opportunity
This company is what has inspired me to stay and grow in the healthcare field. I was promoted within 3months of employment and I was giving the opportunity to show and prove my real collections, billing, and project management skills. Great place overall.
unorganized and unprepared
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 4, 2014
A day at work included the majority of warranty work and my pay check reflected it.
productive,, room for advancement
Sales & Leasing (Former Employee), Pleasanton,CaJanuary 2, 2014
Have worked for Ford for over 16 yrs..Enjoyed the people and all of the different job opportunities that I was given thru the years.. benefits are great.. medical, dental, 401k, life Ins.. I would recommend working for Ford to anyone.
Complete Powerhouse and building maintenance duties
Coal Yard Operator (Former Employee), Brookpark,OhioJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: never stopped learning, it was a daily challenge
Cons: rotating shifts
The best company I ever worked for,right up to the day they bought us out...The DTE took over our duties and hired a few of us to maintain the complex
Good place to work and learn about corporate America.
Customer Service Unit (CSU) (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses we would get.
Cons: most job evaluations were subjective instead of objective and analytical.
Intense customer service with inbound and outbound calls and resolving many different customer issues. Learned how to think analytically to resolve complex problems. Management for the most part encouraged individuality and streamlining of processes. Co-workers were very diverse and we learned to work with each other. Learning new jobs in the different – more... areas was the hardest but also the most challenging and fulfilling. The most enjoyable part was the ability to help the customers either internal or external. – less
LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE GREAT COMRADARIE.
Union worker local (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great pay great people
Cons: being transferred from state to state
THE ASSEMBLY LINE WAS AN EXPERIENCE I WILL NEVER FORGET I MET NEW FRIENDS EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE AND MADE LIFE LONG FRIENDS. ENJOYED BUILDING VEHICLES.
I'm at Marketing Analyst
Marketing Analyst for Export and Growth (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 21, 2013
Pros: always busy, learning something new daily, great co-works
Cons: not a enough time in the day
I work with overseas markets making sure they have the appropriate vehicle options for their markets. Review vehicle line requirements for certain markets. Make sure yearly volume is correct for each market. Work with pricing.
Excellent learning experience with great benefits
General Supervisor (Former Employee), Lima Ohio Engine Assembly PlantDecember 20, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hours and varied shifts.
Supervised large numbers of union employees in a fast paced environment where safety, quality and production were the keys to success. Quickly rose up through the ranks and was classified as a "high po" employee which meant High Potential.

Set quality and production records in each department I managed. Resigned to start my own companies.
Generally great place to work.
Plant Enginering Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, IlDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great pay/benefits
Cons: long hours/ off shifts.
I supervised union skilled trades employees. Hardest part of job was dealing with lines of demarcation. Mainly maintaining equipment and dealing with diesets and production requirements. Hardest part of job may have been dealing with upper management, but no biggie.
Productive and interesting work place with Basketball court.
Assembly Line, Painter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2013
My experience at Ford Motor Co. was most likely the best job experience that I have ever had. There was no typical day of work with that company because there was always someone not showing up, so we would get moved around alot to different departments, which was fine in my book.
n/a
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2013
working on the line...reviewing parts as they past along the line
Great Place to work
Consultant (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 16, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: sometimes to much required training, even if experienced
FORD Motor Compnay is always a great place to work. Management promotes an open door policy, provides any required training (no questions asked) and promotes within.
Best job I could hope for !
National Quality & Manufacturing Auditor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MichiganDecember 13, 2013
Pros: excellent computer software, office environment plus team cooperation
Cons: moving residence locations was difficult for my family
The most interesting and challenging position in the company.
Every day required the review of new concern data then the integration of that data with the current statistics to indicate changes in the trends of the product line.
Even more interesting was the traveling required to visit both dealers and assembly plants to confirm and initiate product – more... concens which further required publication of product concern publications.
When time would allow between meetings, I reviewed product designs,changes and serviceability.
This position was very demanding yet completly rewarding. – less
Home away from Home
Technical Trainer / Electrician (Current Employee), Brook Park, OHDecember 12, 2013
Ford has been my Home for almost 20 years, and I am very proud to be a part of the workforce. I cannot think of a better place to work and grow.
Awesome!!
Line Worker (Former Employee), Wayne, MIDecember 7, 2013
Great place to work, amazing people, they were always right there when they needed you
Material Handing Supervisor
Parts Control Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good pay, something new every day.
Cons: long hours.
Dirty job at and truck assembly plant. I was young and dumb, in way over my head. Learned how a union worked and how to be politically correct.
productive when needed to be
data analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 3, 2013
on time everyday, check email throughout the day and complete data entry upon the provided parts for the day
Stamping Plant employee
Temporary Part Time (Current Employee), Woodhaven, MIDecember 2, 2013
●Working as a temporary part time worker on both assembly and press side in a part stamping plant.
●Trained in various safety techniques, including lock-out training.
●Gained manufacturing experience and experience outside of an educational setting.
Productive and physical
Paint and Scuff Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: heat conditions
A typical day at work would be fast paced. I learned a lot about the production process and management was fare and reasonable. I got along with most co-workers and the hardest part about the job was working in the extreme heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being on the job and watching the process and knowing your doing a job well done.