Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

great company
Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 2, 2015
Enjoyed working for ford. Great team of personal. Wish they didn't move they branch to henderson neveda. Like the location and the benefits. It was a really good job
Awesome company
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 1, 2015
Finance is embedded in every aspect of the business, so you get to learn about a wide variety of different functions in the company. Compensation is very good considering the cost of living in the Dearborn area.
I never liked working on the line
Assembly Line Worker/repair (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work was exhausting I learned I do not like a fast pace. Management did not care how you felt. my co-workers were fine they understood how I felt. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line. The most enjoyable part of the job was joking with co-workers.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long periods of work with no break
Amazing Company
Commercial Lending - Clerk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 30, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Ford Motor Credit. It afforded me many opportunities to learn about finance and customer service. Great company to grow with, especially if you enjoy traveling and open to relocating.
Okay place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 29, 2015
Large company with some really nice people but that also means it a giant bureaucracy. The range of jobs you can have at Ford is so vast, who knows what your experience will be.
The retail auto sales business is not for the weak of heart
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 28, 2015
If you enjoy being lied to and dismissed as a liar, thief and hegemond then this job is for you. The benefits are a fantastic amount of pay for a couple of hours of work, The down side is that you don't do anything of value until you are doing that couple of hours of work. Mostly, you sit around and leave messages on peoples answering machines or send inane texts to people who only want to know you long enough to take advantage of your good nature.
This business is at best adversarial not only between buyer and seller but also between manager and salesman. High stress and long hours.
Pros
make several hundred dollars per hour
Cons
It takes several hundred hours to get there
like family
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHSeptember 25, 2015
ive worked here so long ford motor company was my second family, my co workers are amazing, my supervisors were very supported, i enjoyed going to work here and learning different jobs when i could it was a great job and the hardest part was saying goodbye to everyone i shared 14 years with.
Senior Level Technical Analyst
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 21, 2015
Provided administration and maintenance, network and PC based test system support, prevented any downtime resulting in inability to perform required tests from test stands. Provided support to over 400 users.
Needs to Balance
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MISeptember 21, 2015
The Ford Plant in Flat Rock (FRAP-Flat Rock Assembly Plant) works their employees long hard hours and sometimes forces people to work on Saturdays. They work from 6:00 to 5:00pm and by the time I get home from Flat Rock to Flint (a 3 hr drive), I have no time for anything, but sleep and get up at 3am to go do it all over again.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
No time with family and too much time spent on the road driving
terrible experience
Dynamometer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 20, 2015
shop manager is egotistical, he cannot look beyond his own benefit to work with anyone. Is very close minded and cannot step back and see the bigger picture when working on new problems/concerns. attacks them with the same routine every time.
Security Officer
Security Officer/ Fire Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling heights, MISeptember 20, 2015
Securing the premises, monitoring turnstiles, going on patrol, signing people in and out, making sure people wore the appropriate safety gear.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No breaks, random hours on call through out the night
boring and tedious
Painter/Transfer Line-up (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MOSeptember 15, 2015
it was just not for me the people i worked with were awesome but the managment was horrible the work was ok but like i said hr was really bad and had no respect for the workers because we were union.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
managment
Pipefitter/ Foreman (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MOSeptember 15, 2015
The Ford Motor Company is a Great place to work. Its clean and safe and easy to get too. Good people to work with.Management is good to work with too. I work well with my co-workers and get along with all maintenance employees.
Pros
safe place to work and good money
Good work life balance
Product Engineer Packaging (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 14, 2015
y current role as product engineer packaging at Ford Motor Company involves driving mechanical package compatibility by working in conjunction with various functions including vehicle engineering, operations, design & release and service.
great job
Custom VBA script programmer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn MichiganSeptember 12, 2015
loved this job. best job i ever had in that it let me explore the power of VBA and how it interacted with Excel and CATIA. an Excel users dream!

wonderful people in my department. challenging and innovative.

hardest part of job: lack of communication as to what was expected of my coding and time tables from management. i was always odd-man-out in that i was a woman and everyone else was male. was rarely allowed to speak at meetings.

best part of the job: working with excel and the interaction with my co-workers in Ford of Mexico. we wrote some very beautiful code together. really miss working with them. we had no language barrier even though i did not speak Spanish.
Pros
understanding when i needed time off for dr appts
Cons
odd-man-out mentality
no employee loyalty, minimal advancement availability, minimal work-life balance, minimal pay for tenured employees, decent vacation benefits
LOSS PREVENTION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2015
Pros
Good paid vacation benefits
Cons
terrible work schedules, minimal advancement, no loyalty
its a demanding job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2015
Ford is a good job. Its a demanding job but its decent job to have. I really dont have any complaints about working for Ford Motor Company at all.
Pros
good benefits
Chalanging place to work, allways on your toes.
Was hired as a Skilled Trades Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling HeightsSeptember 9, 2015
Start the shift with hand off from previouse shift supervisr, Asign jobs to 17 or more skilled trades of all disiplines, hold any safety talks or stand downs handed down from safety department.. In the absence of the Midnight shift Manager I have plant wide responsibilities (setting manpower issues, move trades around plant as needed to support cridical production areas.
Hardest part of the job must be dealing with the UAW, some of the workers beleive they are intitled to the comforts of home even while on the job.
Pros
Chalanging
Cons
At times thankless.
chassis line
Chassis Line Painter (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 1, 2015
Used various power tools in relation to preparation. Performed various types of preparations before painting vehicles. Sanded and use solvents, acids detergents.
Pros
Money
Cons
Plant closed
fun work place
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 31, 2015
you can advance very fast within the company and it can also be very lucrative if your a great listener and can build rapport with clients. very fast paced and fun environment and alot of positive vibes. if i couild id do it again.

4.3