Ford Motor Company
1,247 reviews

Ford Motor Company United States Employee Reviews

family owned
Ford Certified level 3 Sales Consultant (Former Employee), oakland countyFebruary 10, 2015
great place to work. hands on work friendly family owned staff I would recommend them to anyone. they have work on many large job in the area.
Productive and educational place to work.
Collections Manager Role Model - LP Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pay for performance
Cons: work schedule
We always knew what was expected of us and we were rewarded for reaching goals, There was always training for any new task given. The hardest part of the job was working until 9:00pm two nights per week and every other Saturday.
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2015
i enjoyed working for ford Dearborn truck co.i got the chance to learn a lot about ford and the way they operate its a great place to work coworkes stick together and work as a team to get the job done
Old processes used
Program Management (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: learned a lot, experienced a lot, met some great people
Cons: low bonus, low # of vacation days, too political
Good company with a long history. Processes need to be improved to include global platforms, current facilities for engineers to sit are extremely outdated and lack design and are depressing. The company keeps stating they want to cultivate innovation, yet management is not willing to spend the money to encourage innovation. Working in a dirty, depressing building is not going to make me want to be creative. Upper management doesn't always give the best direction (usually because their management doesn't provide it).
To much nepotism creates limited opportunities for others
Applications Development Project Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Turnover is so high that work is often left incomplete. Many contract workers are often treated as outcast, which creates animosity about being a Ford employee. Most Managers will favor family and friends for direct hire positions. Culture of intimidation is common and most are afraid to speak about it for fear of being terminated. This is reflective of the history of quality issues within the entire American auto industry.
would not recommend to any humans
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no manners, no professionalism, don't care about employees
horrible environment, treat injured people there with no respect although they were injured working there. NO RESPECT
Great culture.
LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great salary
Cons: lack of growth opportunity.
Establish great working relationship with union/management. I had the opportunity to manage 4 direct reports. All 4 direct reports have promising careers. The hardest part of the job is reducing the constant churning of hourly employees.
Great company to work for
Body Shop Inspector/ Sub assembley welder (Former Employee), Claycomo, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, wages
Cons: long hard hours, no airconditioning, but you are compensated well!
Ford Motor company is a wonderful place to work. They are a union company and the rate of pay is great, great benefits too if you are willing to do what it takes to make such an awesome truck!
Upward mobility available for results driven employee willing to relocate
Regional Vice President-GreenLeaf LLC (Former Employee), Monroe, GaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great employees, quality of life, compensation and benefits
Cons: really none
The best company I ever had the pleasure to work for. Was promoted several times, each time resulting in a relocation. Opted to take early retirement as opposed to another relocation.
Awesome place to work, learn and grow!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Excited to show up at work and built a quality product! SixSigma Greenbelt certified, SixSigma Blackbelt trained. Leadership and Management team was awesome and knew exactly how to empower employees.

Co-workers were from all walks of life, and were a pleasure to work with. We all grew to bond as one big family.

The hardest part of the job was the plant closing.

The most enjoyable was the team work, Management and Leadership knowing exactly what needed to be done to accomplish our goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction
The greatest place to work
Assembler/Utility (Former Employee), Wixom, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, pay and atmosphere
Cons: sore hands
A typical day started by assembling vehicles and fixing them before they ended up in repair holes. I learned a lot about automobiles, how to repair fix and troubleshoot them. Management was great, the union was great and the co-worker's were good hard-working people who took pride in what they did. The hardest part was working like a robot and catching car's before they ended up in repair holes, which creates delays to dealerships. The only reason that I left, was because I started my own business. The most enjoyable part was seeing a car go from start to finish knowing that you had a part in it and the pay was awesome. You also got all of your raises when you were supposed to along with profit-sharing and great healthcare benefits.
Good training, Average pay. Very little growth opportunity
Cutomer Service Representative in Loss Prevention (Former Employee), sabal park , flJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: benefits get more expensive yearly. cannot use vacation as employee wants to use them.
Buzy work enviroment, It made the day go by fast. Good training. Job pay does not match the amount of work required from employees. hardly no growth opportunity unless you have a bachelors degree.
Helping others and mantaining a postive work envirment
Production and Forklift Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 21, 2015
Make sure the work place is safe to work. Make sure all employees are healthy and able to work. check all items to make sure inventory in the right area. check email daily. meeting with co-supervisors
Old school Manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Money is great, but thats about it. long hours and hostile work environment can make for challenging days at work
productive work place
assembly line worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
You must be 30 mins before the line starts i work from 6:30pm to 5:30 am i was assmbely line worker and put on rear struts and brake line im a people person so its not hard to get alone with people i love my co-workers the hard part was the first week i started had to adjust my self to perform my duties at work but after that i love my job the most important and enjoyable was the numbers me and my co-workers was putting up the numbers for the day of the cars we made.
Great Place
Supplier Technical Assistance Site Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Great Place to work, Fun, exciting an d challenging. Diverse and flexible
Fun and easy going place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2015
Ford was a great place to work, we got good benifits and got paid well. the management was also great in the work place. Co-workers were great we all took up for each other.
Challenging work, super benefits, felt a sense of self worth
Methods and Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: super pay, always learning or training
I worked for Ford's glass division. There were many challenging projects to work on. I was able to do dome traveling to different plants. I was able to meet new people and implement system to help people do their jobs easier.
Always treated employees extremely well.
Human Resource Admin/Labor Relations Analyst (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Ford Motor Company in my opinion is the BEST company to work for!!
Challenging
Program Implementation Supervisor (Current Employee), Dearborn MiJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: watch vehicle coming off the line that had many inputs from the team.
Cons: long hours
Launch new vehicle programs from manufacturing feasibility, design, build and install tooling and facilities. Work with plant to resolve quality and throughput concerns.