Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,337 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for.
Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
I was a proud worker of Ford Motor Company for seven years. I absolutely loved it after getting used to my job. Wonderful perks and they care about the morale of the company. Awarding in many different ways. I personally would still be there if it wasn't for me wanting to take the school buyout. My degree meant that much to me. But will always list Ford as my #1.
Pros
free classes for personal growth such as welding and others
Cons
every tree may have a couple of bad apples (other employees)
Working at walterboro
Oil Change Technician/ wrecker driver/ detailer (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 4, 2017
When I first started at Walterboro Ford only thing I know how to do was detail cars month to month pass I learn how to change oil and run the Wrecker Service and learning more things from the Master Tech.how to work on cars
Work is work, Take the Good with the Bad
Ford Certified Master technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 4, 2017
There really isn't a "typical" day while working at a Ford Dealership as a flat rate technician. Every car/truck/or motor home that comes in the door is just another challenge to complete. From Diagnosing a customers check engine light, to rebuilding their transmission. Every obsticle is a new learning experience and a new challenge. Sometimes work will be easy and sometimes it can be very stressful, you just have to take the good with the bad and hold your chin up high. I have learned an enormous amount of information that cannot be taught in any book. Hands on experience is the only way to learn
this career path. Management has been hit and miss lately due to the high demands of corporate leaders pressuring lower management to out perform previous years profits in a very poor economy. Its really tough to actually find a good manager these days who actually knows what it is like to be a technician and whom will actually take care of a good technician. The hardest part of my job is the flat rate pay system. The labor ops seem to keep changing every year a few tenths lower at a time. I have always been lucky to have great coworkers at all the dealerships I have worked at. The most enjoyable part of the job is fixing challenging things that other techs cannot fix.
Pros
All the top of the line diagnostic tools and modern shop equiptment
Cons
Flat rate pay system
A great company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Provides a wide range of experience and opportunities for advancement. Never a dull moment with lots of challenges, as well as a great team to work with.
Labor
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 3, 2017
A great work place that cares about its employees. Hard work at times but great pay and great benefits.If i didnt have higher aspirations in my schooling Ford would be a great job to have.
productive
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Receiving cars off a fright truck driving cars to parking lots in the Lynbrook area. staff was were very friendly. washing cars
Pros
drving cars
Cons
cold weather
The best Job I have ever had
Assembly Line Lead/ Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 3, 2017
This company is just absolutely amazing. It is the only job that I have ever known to not need a college degree and still be able to provide the quality of life in which every americn deserves.
Develop Product Engineer
Craftsmanship engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I am a Mechatronic Engineer with 10 years as experience in Automotive industry, making a cross functional work developing strong relationships with areas as CAE / Studio / Craftsmanship / D&Rs / Manufacturing proceses.

I have been Specialized in multiples areas as Plastic and Sheet metal parts Design also implementing the best in world Craftsmanship between interior interfaces providing an excellent automotive part designs.
Terrible work environment.
Engineering Specialist/Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2017
Challenging work environment due to Management/Union relationship. Zero Process discipline at the current facility. Very little respect throughout the salaried workforce.
not a team company
Senior Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 2, 2017
It took me 6 weeks to get a badge to work. I was a team of 1 person
I worked on writing software requirements. It took me 7 weeks to get a Ford laptop so that I can get access to the Ford network
Pros
bad software manager
Cons
pay
Okay place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 1, 2017
Problems with management, but enjoyed the job atmosphere. People employed with Ford as mechanics were easy to work with, but people in higher management made job harder to complete.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Management issues
Car manufacturer with everything done in house
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work, with awesome benefits. The shift and hours are great. Work day is 10 hrs or a little more per day. The pay is great but the hours can be a bit much sometimes.
A great fortune 500 company!
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 30, 2016
The job has lots of room for advancement. It's very possible to be able to move up very quickly. The benefits and compensation are great as well.
Hard to get things to do my job properly
Journeyman Toolmaker (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIDecember 30, 2016
Getting Better, Has its ups and downs. Hard to get good engineering support. When I do get a good person to work with they, promote them out.
Pros
Big Worldwide company
Cons
not enough support when needed
Exciting and ever evolving environment
ZONE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 29, 2016
Each day was a new day and had a new set of tasks to tackle along with the normal day-to day business. I enjoyed meeting new customers as my territory changed and learning new markets so that I could creatively help the dealers market and position themselves against the competition to grow sales and market share.
Great Internship
Program Management Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIDecember 28, 2016
I worked as a Program Management Analyst during my two internships at Ford. I worked on diverse teams that expanded every day. On any given issue I had interfaced with many different product development teams across every platform. Issues that I was required to solve required me to involve business, finance, marketing, and any number of the plethora of engineering teams. Through my work I also often interfaced with chief platform engineers and executives to shepherd high severity issues to completion. My time with Ford taught me:
- Self motivation
- Work independently within a team
- Advanced organizational skills
- Great communication skills
and many other skills as well.
Pros
Great experience with seasoned engineers, developed professional and interpersonal skills, high pay, great team members, great leadership
great experience to work in UAW
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIDecember 28, 2016
Assemble parts for arm rests, head rest, head liners. Instrument panels by working on an assembly line and working as a team in a safe environment.
Pros
great salary, great benefits
Cons
commute
Contractor
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 23, 2016
Great work and life balance.
Good pay.
Good benefits.
Employees feel like they are part of your family.
Holiday Pay.
Relaxed environment.
One of America's best employers.
Great job
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 22, 2016
Already reviewed this in the previous position. Ok I need thirteen more words, so all I can say is all of the answers to this section about Ford.
Pros
all
Cons
Factory runs around the clock
Chicago Ford Assembly Plant (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ford Assembly PlantDecember 21, 2016
The pay is good....but that's all. I felt like a hamster on a wheel day after day, and I hated it. The place is the most filthy place to work. Huge rats and huge roaches infest the plant. There is no AC on the work floor so summers are a risk to ones health. Many people fall out due to the heat in the summer months. And the medical system is complete trash. After four and a half years working there I couldn't take it any longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3