Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Fun workplace and interesting
Team Leader (Current Employee), Flatrock , MI.April 10, 2014
Pros: we get are productio number
Cons: not enough money
Daily thing at wok is to make sure that manpower is there for production run. Everyday you learn something new and thats why its interesting. Some days can be overall changeable and sometimes its nice and smooth.
Non Productive
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 9, 2014
Too many issues working with Developers .. no Goals or target set and keep switching projects many times.
Factory work
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
Hard work, working from the time you walk in, repetitious work a lot of micro management hardest part of the job is dealing with how the upper management doesn't know how to talk or make it comfortable to do your job
good job excellent pay
Repairman (Former Employee), Claycomo, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: bennefits
very good dependable job
excellent pay and bennifits
union
Great place to work and Grow
Lead Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
Ford Motor Company is a great place to work and grow your personal and business skills.
Productive Hard labor work environment
Line Operator (Current Employee), Chicago ILApril 6, 2014
Pros: sign on bonuses, profit sharing, paid holidays, paid vacations, full health coverage
Cons: hard labor
A typical day at Ford Motor Company is doing repetitive motions on a minute to minute basis for 10 hours. I learned to provide accurate and safe production and material handling skills in a fast paced work environment. We work as a team to safely and accurately build a safe and efficient product. The hardest part of the job is juggling personal life – more... and work life. The most important part of the job that i enjoy is I am busy for the full shift. – less
good company if you want to steady job
Supplier Technical Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 2, 2014
Pros: cool products and good work/life balance
Cons: can be boring at times depending on the position, not for everyone
Large company, experience will vary depending on your role.

Decent working hours and good products
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2014
Great company to work for. Great work environment. Great Benefits
Fun workplace
Customer Service, Repossession Agent (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fun at workplace
Cons: management
You dealt with a lot of customers and learning the procedure for repo automobiles.
assembly line work
Team Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee), Brookpark, OhioMarch 29, 2014
Great pay and benefits, To many layoffs, and no room for advancement.
Good place to start your career
IT Problem Manager - Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: low payscales
Good company with work life balance. Low pay scales.
9-10 hours day schedule with 5 hours meetings
Opportunity to speak at all levels
sometimes hot assignment from senior management are tough to address
Opportunity to train in different areas of technology and business
Great Company to work for
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2014
Cons: great company
Fantastic employer who has the best employee development program I've seen. Very committed to growth and internal promotion.
Fast Paced Job with potential for advancement
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2014
My work day involves installing parts of cars for 10 hours a day, 4 days a week
loved my job management was not always very smart
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, people i worked with
Cons: bosses that did not know their job, hours, heat
get to work wait for forman to come to shop to give me and partner our jobs for the morning it was usually two or three little jobs we could do between calls we would get to fix something on the production line. we would spend the morning cutting welding or looking for something that we would have to install at lunch time when the production line was – more... down so we would not lose any production, after lunch was a little slower and we just covered break downs for production. weekends was when we did our preventive maintenance and safety checks also this is when we replaced equipment that broke down during the last weeks production that we could not get to because of safety or time constraints the hardest part of this job was dealing with management usually when thing go wrong and they want production and they throw safety out the window to get their line running. this is where i have had problems with management and it made my job hard. the best part of my job was going home in one piece knowing that i did my best to help the company i worked for be profitable at the end of the day – less
Steady work environment and heavy labor
Assembly line worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2014
Pros: profit sharing bonus
Cons: heavy labor and damaging to the body
Secure company and continuous work. This requires a lot of manual dexterity. Management opportunity are based on seniority. Benefits are offered thru bonuses.
Good place to work.
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2014
Worked on assembly line assembling rack and pinion for fords and mercurys. I learned a great deal on this job. How to assemble parts for cars, quality control, test parts to see if they reach quality standards. Co-workers were easy to get along with. No hard parts about the job. Enjoyed working at Ford Motor Company. Indianapolis plant closed.
Ford was my training ground
Materials Supervisor/Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodhaven, MIMarch 21, 2014
I went to Ford as a young officer just out of the Army. They taught me the difference between Army leadership and union/company relationships. They treated me very well and they are still a great American company.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 21, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: union environment
Every day was different and presented unique challenges to overcome. I learned a great deal about managing supervisors as well as union represented employees. Like most companies, top management was a mixed bag. Most executives are among the brightest in the industry, but there are a few who are not.
Productive environment, great fitness center
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good money, great benefits
Cons: hard work
The work on the line was not easy. However the environment was great. The hard work was the reason why I took the buy out. I saw it as an opportunity to return to school and earn my degrees. On the way I also earned management skills. I miss my co-workers but do not miss the hard work.
Productive and good teamwork in a fast pace environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good office environment to work and access to management.
Cons: at times, lack of resources to be backup support.
Learned a lot about product development processes. Co-workers worked as a team and mostly committed to completing assignemnts on time. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the request for changes to the user applications being developed. The most enjoyable was sense of accomplishment when projects deliverables were completed.