Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,134 reviews matching the search
Engineering
engineer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 24, 2016
Job is not what was described in the posting. Was hired for engineering work (designing, test development, manufacturing issue resolution). Upon hiring, was asked to do data entry and clerical work. Disappointed.
Pros
People are friendly. good work life balance.
Cons
management lied about the job
Don't join...loads of promises but nothing else
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester UKMarch 24, 2016
Working conditions really poor, no carrer progression no benefits...management is clueless and careless...working there is frustrating and makes you depressed...
Pros
Central location
Cons
Working there makes you depress
Great people
Skilled Trades (Former Employee) –  Rawsonville, MIMarch 23, 2016
Hardest but best job
Great people to work with
Best co-workers ever

Working environment was very organized and everyone did their own job
Good Fast Food
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 22, 2016
I did not care for the Parkmans and the way they ran Chic Fi la. However the business itself was great to work for and you couldn't help to enjoy the customers and the people that you worked with overall just a well rounded company.
Caustic and hateful workplace full of empty promises and broken dreams
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2016
I was hired on to be an engineer. When I arrived I was told that I would actually be a production supervisor. I wish my situation were isolated but it seems that about half of the latest crop of supervisors were all lured in under the same false pretenses. When you interview, they'll tell you a few other things: that you'll only work a 4day 10hr schedule (during the day), that you have vacation and personal days which you can take anytime, that you'll get paid overtime for every minute you work over 40hrs, and that you'll only occasionally supervise a small number of skilled tradesmen. All of these promises are at the very least misleading. I've been on the night shift for over a year now. We work long days (routinely over 12hrs often more), most of the weekends (going on 3/4 this month) and rarely receive the aforementioned compensation. You are allowed to request vacation, but it's always going to be denied. Instead they tell you (often when it's not convenient) when you will take your vacation. You can forget your personal and sick days, you'll be lucky to use one per year.

The worst part is the people: you're put in charge of some forty union-backed troglodytes over whom you seem to have no real authority (because you can't actually discipline them in any way). Upper management is always pressuring you to "hold them accountable" but they never come to back you up when the union representatives push back. Any time you do try to hold anyone accountable, all you succeed in doing is losing the fight, giving the guy a nice fat grievance check, and getting all of your people
  more... stirred up against you. Because nobody can control their own people, supervisors take it out on each other - yelling, cursing, waving their arms - everyone trying to pin the blame on everyone else because whoever gets left holding the bag gets a punishment so hateful, so unprofessional, that they never want to experience it again. It's almost comical when it's not personal. And it seems that every time we get things all smoothed out and cruising along well, upper management decides to stir the pot and get everyone back at each other's throats. This truly is a horrible place to work. Don't let them lure you in because you'll have almost no free time to look for another job.  less
Wish i had never left my job
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MOMarch 18, 2016
If you have a job you currently love or even like, do not come to Ford. My 1st 87 days working at Ford we had 1 nurse quit, 1 nurse terminated after only being at Ford for 2 weeks & I was terminated the next day citing I wasn't learning or working fast enough. Makes it difficult when there is no structured orientation program, no one wants acts like they want to help you & everyone just out for themselves.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
No structured unit orientation program. Job security is poor within your 90 day probation
Overall nice place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 18, 2016
Overall nice place to work! Lots of room for advancement and very centrally located in Dearborn. Competitive pay and benefits. Job culture is very diverse and pleasant working environment.
50/50 management. bias work enviroment
Car Salesman (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSMarch 18, 2016
very hectic environment. sometimes perceived as condescending. very bias. bad payscale. low interested traffic of buyers within the market for the dealership/manufacturer. which resorted in the manufacturer to request all vehicles sold at invoice to increase traffic
Pros
catered lunch on saturdays. which is cheap meals but its better than nothing
Cons
bias work enviroment. straight shot and condescending management
Productive and busy
Sales Porter (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 15, 2016
Work is a cycle its usually the same. Learned lots of skills every day. Co-Workers were always the best part of work. Hardest part is when parking cars in really tight spots. Most enjoyable part is when i have to go do dealer trades.j
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday and the pay is good.
Cons
No flexible schedule. In the sun all day.
A major domestic and international automotive manufacturer
Supplier Timing Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 12, 2016
A typical corporate environment with a uniquely strong sense of family among the employees. They are very progressive in terms of employee development
Ford
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 10, 2016
Good benefits and solid pay.
Great FCG program for new college graduates.
Some positions require extensive travel.
Difficult to overcome stuck in past management style.
Good Environment
Sr.SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 9, 2016
SharePoint team is so good. Nice to work over there. Many of project we did over there in this span of time. We used SP2013 environment over there.
Nice complete and Fun Work place
Vehicle Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 8, 2016
Working at this company is a very nice experience. When I joined as a new bee, my supervisor helped me a lot to pick up, and I learned a lot enough, to become a professional all the way from a student with all theoretical experience.
Pros
Fun, Cooperative Environment
Cons
Work Pressure is not constant, Issues may come up anytime
Very productive and highly successful business.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GAMarch 7, 2016
Ford motor company is the best company I have ever worked for at this point in my life. I can't say enough about how much of a team we were. Overall now I know why Ford is such a great company as they created a great working environment for my co-workers and myself.
Pros
Family setting, good pay, great experience.
Cons
Good communication skills fun environment with positive attitude.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed the environment positive attitude workplace was fun, got along with everyone never had any suspension or write ups. Out of 5 times of being late I was late at least twice.
Good people, cumbersome processes
Admin. Assistant to EESE Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 3, 2016
Internal processes to get anything done is very cumbersome. It needs to be streamlined to be more efficient. The contract houses Ford utilizes do not treat their employees very well.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Contract workers are not respected
Its a good company with work life balance
Sr.Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 1, 2016
A good company with own frameworks and a good culture at work.
Here they work as a one ford and a helpful environment. They will support for work life balance and management is good during the work.

After releasing the application for production we face some sure stopper issues. we have worked hardly to resolve those issues.
My career was a Ford Motor Company and I LOVED working.
Secretary - Build Coordinator - Spec Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 26, 2016
I was hired as a file clerk, promoted to Secretary to Supervisor to Manager and then was promoted as a Build Coordinator. My experience at Ford was so extensive. From the typewriter to computers; classes from writing, comprehensive reading, computer programs, hazarded waste and anything that was required on the position. As a Build Coordinator I developed the sign-off program for engineers to approve before a Durability test and later for the Crash Program. When I had the position in crash I was responsible for a vehicle to prep and follow through to the crash. I would also strip the vehicle after a crash. After that I worked Germany to spec vehicles for required testing. I retired after that. I cannot put in words how much I learned at Ford, only my experience in all the departments I worked in lead to what I learned. Management varied as I changed positions, I had wonderful management to questionable management. The hardest part of any of my jobs wasn't. I absolutely loved working all my years at Ford.
Pros
Working for a wonderful reputable company.
Cons
I don't have any.
Very exciting work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2016
This was just a temp assignment to clean out the warehouse as it was closing but it was some good times and was able to get forklift certified as well so it came out good for me
Staff was very good to work with.
SERVICE ADVISOR WINNER FORD HYUNDIA OF DOVER (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 25, 2016
Monday thur Friday 7:30 am - 6 pm, One Saturday a month.
I learned how to work with warranty companies, and factory warranties,
Some in Management showed their preference for some employees and gave them special treatment.
Co workers were easy to work with.
I did not find the job difficult.
Working with the customers.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
Low pay

4.3