Ford Motor Company
1,244 reviews

Ford Motor Company United States Employee Reviews

Ford Motor Company
Production Worker (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: laid off
Fords was a great job, too bad it had to end. I was young and I learned the responsibilities and the commitments of the work world.
Excellant Comapny to work for
FORDSTAR Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: hard work
They take care of their employee's. They have and deserved excellent reputation.
in management, i worked extremely long hours per diem. just in time hourly deadlines, time management , communication skills , training and extreme wo
material handeling supt (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: 401k, profit sharing, travel, compensation levels
Cons: i took no breakes nor lunch ever !!
in management, I worked extremely long hours per day. jit hourly deadlines, time management communication skills, training and extreme work ethic is my credo ! I had to work with all employees. I felt close to my employees and motivated them . most difficult was maintaining and improving ford deadlines and metrics within each area of my multi- faceted job descriptions. I most enjoyed the people who worked for me
Great team environment
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: mobility
Cons: large company
Great environment and potential for promotions. People stay there for their entire careers...I think that is an accurate reflection of the great work-life balance.
A fun and productive work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2014
Working at Ford was a very great experience, I learned a lot about their culture and work environment. My co-workers were a very close knit group that helped me every step of the way. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling. I really liked not having to be in the office all the time, a nice change of scenery every once in a while was very enjoyable in my internship.
Technical Adviser for Noise and Vibration
NVH Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: good salary
- Technical Adviser for Noise and Vibration.
- Provided expertise of vibration on new vehicle design.
good place to work
labor /maintenance (Former Employee), avon,lorain,cleveland,louisville kyDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
good pay lots of over time training programs i enjoy maintenance work all together all types
Productive and Physically Demanding
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good money, good benefits
Cons: long hours, physical demanding
I worked on the assembly for Ford Motor Company which had its cons and pros. I was able to earn a good salary but the physical aspect did have it toll on my body. I had to learn to eat the right food when I was at work so that I wont sluggish on the line. Also I had to work with my fellow employees. I did long hours and alot of overtime. I taught that this job would be secure but it didnt due to the economy.
Very professional work atmosphere
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: fairly good pay
Cons: often too-long hours and on-going 7 day operations.
Arrived at least 30 minutes before the shift change to review previous shift performance and any problems the next shift would be facing.
Run the shift.
Report performance to management and report any problems to management and oncoming shift supervisor. Remain until all pertinent questions were addressed.
Management expected performance and cross-shift cooperation...which made quality and performance at optimum.
Co-workers were all professional and expert. Very high caliber and well trained. Training was always an on-going concern for the Company.
Hardest part was probably training new employees or retraining old employees that were changing jobs or machines within the process and making sure that a very high level of quality and productivity was always achieved..
The most enjoyable part was working with employees that were skilled and professional.
productive
rail loader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 16, 2014
great job and pay, RCS took over and voith lost contract with Ford. other than that, everything is great now. work is great, can get enough hours, great co-workers with many personalities. Hardest part is if your not into the cold weather for those who dislike cold, we work outside so if you hate the cold its not the right job for you..
Productive Workplace
Product Test Engineer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: dynamic challenging opportunties
Cons: travel through several countires and states
Product Test Engineer - Engine Laboratory Department,
Dearborn, Michigan
Developed and reviewed test requests and recommended procedures. Technical control of test rooms and validated data for accuracy. Diagnosed and troubleshot internal combustion.

Engineering Technologist - Emission Laboratory Department,
Allen Park, MI
Investigated and recommended layout for the installation of Hewlett-Packard computer system. Reduced CTE 50 chassis dynamometer downtime and initiated procedures. Researched and specified diesel engine timing and tachometer device. Developed Scott Pressure-Pak IIa training program.

Instrumentation Test Technician - Facilities and Engineering, Dearborn, MI
Repaired defective equipment, calibration and performed preventative maintenance. Redesigned pump diaphragm and valve bodies, which resulted in parts cost reduction of 75% and increased life expectancy.
I don't believe in giving bad reviews, but this wasn' my favorite job
CSR/Collections/Vehicle Liquidations & Disposal (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCDecember 13, 2014
I was hired and worked relentlessly for this company.I found out over time, I'm not a cubicle type. I was laid off eventually. There were many things that happened in between. Some good, some bad, but overall I was not impressed. But hey, if you want to stress out to impress and advance, only to find out your supervisor is getting promoted for stealing your ideas and taking credit for your had work, You can apply through manpower.
Career not just a job
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Claycomo, MODecember 10, 2014
Ford is a place you can retire from as long as you don't mind the heat in the summers. Benefits were fantastic and they offer a good retirement plan.
Great pay andf benefits
Stock Picker (Former Employee), Brownstown, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you could go to restroom or breakroom at will.
Cons: only one sitdown break allowed.
Fast pace and rigorous workload. They did not want more than one error per 1000 parts. You were required to pick the right parts and place them in the correct shipping bins. The company did not want too many people working if the workload was too light.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Claycomo, MODecember 4, 2014
Came on as a contract position, left when it was made clear that permanent positions would be few and far between. Overall a good job though, and being in a manufacturing environment is very interesting and fast-paced.
My first salary paying career out of college
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greenville SCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: experience i gained in customer service and problem solving, and diversity.
Cons: growth potential declined
I started with Ford Motor Credit Company in October of 2007. In which I gained over 6 years or more with collections, credit decisioning, customer service, and reason for delinquency, and resolving high balance accounts.
Great Pay and Benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee), Batavia, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pay was outstanding and the benefits were great, but the workforce seemed to be lackadaisical because of the 12 hour 7 day schedule
Transparent
Global Parts Supply & Logistics - Contractor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: transparant
Cons: schedule
Exccellent place t owork, management had me involved with presentations on just my second day, they had full confidence that I could perform presentations t oFMC upper management.
Productive Fun place
Office/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), GeorgiaNovember 23, 2014
Working here was so great! The pay was wonderful, the people were so cordial and fun to work with.here. On a typical day, the environment was fast paced and there were chance to meet new individuals daily!
Favorite Job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2014
Performed PMCS
Repair customers vehicles
Use tools and equipment
.....................................................................................................................................................