Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,337 reviews matching the search
Average
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 2, 2016
-Many meetings while trying to get job done.
-Top Management and Ownership is great
-Competitive co-workers, croanyism in my department.
-No creativity/flexibility allowed.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long Drive, Favoritism
productive and repetitive
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2016
A typical work day is basically making sure that all production equipment is operative prior to starting up the line. And the production line maintains it's cycle counts, & that all allocated parts are inspected prior to loading of cell/fixture according to OIS . And that "ALL" safety procedures are followed! I've learned the importance taking personal ownership of my job along with being detailed and working as a team is vital...this includes management! Also communication and mutual respect between management and my co-workers are of the utmost importance in order for us to the most efficient, productive team. And in order to operate at full capacity and excellence we must have clear and open dialogue daily!
I didn't want to leave...
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 6, 2017
This was literally the best job I've had, I worked for them on 2 separate occasions and was asked to come back a 3rd time but I had to turn them down due to being a full time college student. I regret it...
The bosses left you alone a majority of your 12 hour shift. Only lingering around if your machines were broken down which to me was a good thing so they knew what was going on while you waited for maintenance. You also had so much freedom if you knew your machines were up and running and in a good state.
Pros
Paid lunches, no one around to hover over you, freedom if your machines were operating
Cons
My department's maintenance guy couldn't do his job.
Great culture and fun place to work
Infrastructure Engineer and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 13, 2016
Ford was a great place to work, with great culture, team, and leadership. Solid company with outstanding benefits. Business growth has been great.
Awesome Workplace, Lots of Teamwork, Motivational Management Staff
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 16, 2016
I cant rave more about this company. I was welcomed with open arms by all staff and the environment is positive. Lots of laughs during the day. They provide motivation & training - which is something a lot of other employers lack. The owners visit frequently and are genuine people, consistency acknowledging and thanking their staff for what they do. Upper management also consistently recognizes employees for performance, and any positive they see. Very customer oriented environment that keeps their customers coming back frequently.
Pros
Saturday Lunches, Company & Employee Events at work and outside of work
Best and Innovative Auto Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 18, 2016
I had a tremendous experience in my 12-week internship program. I was able to meet some of the biggest people in the auto industry. My project was very hands-on and gave me great exposure to real life finance situations. I enjoyed the big company culture, especially a fortune ten company like Ford. Also, I had the opportunity first hand to see how the future of the auto industry is shaping out. I would highly recommend a company like Ford for anyone starting their career in finance.
Family environment and fun co-workers
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Ford is a fast pace company. I learned how to work fast and efficient. Management is hard but fair for the company. Co-workers at the company is amazing. I couldn't ask for better people to work with. The hardest pat of the job is working the 12 hour shift in the middle of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers. My co-workers make work extremely fun.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
12 hour a day 6PM-6AM
ausom place to work
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMay 31, 2016
welding on cars all night was a great job the forman would tell me what had to be done and I did it no questions asked

I did my job to the best of my ability
Pros
great benifits
Cons
night shift
Community involvement programs. Health classes and Gym on Company baseball teams and picnics
Group leader/Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2016
A typical day- Start production/manpower count, cover all station.
Morning meeting with management and engineers.
Help team members with any concern or issue they may have.
Weekly meetings with Team/Group
Monthly Training course.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours of physical labor 50-58 hours a week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team on a project. And then celebrating our accomplishments. Sometime with pizza for lunch.

What I learned. That with teamwork we can accomplish almost anything.
Pros
Free Items, such as jackets. Discount on workshoes. Families Events
Cons
Noise, because of power tools. On your feet all day.
Ford blackballs contract workers out of entire company for silly reasons!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Ford has a reputation for treating contract workers like low-level employees. HR will not talk to contract employees and allow managers to blackball contractors out of the ENTIRE company based on relatively minor reasons stated by the manager: does not like your hair color, does not like the dress clothes you are wearing, Tech Specialist tell Director what to do and Director allows Tech Specialist to bully other employees/contract workers.
very busy place
Assembler of climate control devices (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 23, 2017
The Job was good but the supervisor was a very man person and very hard to work with, the culture was not so good given several people had died in the plant I worked in.
Pros
the pay was good and so were my co workers
Cons
the management
Basically, I performed as assigned to my best ability
Assembler, line Welder (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Ford Motor Company was a good company to work for in that, the overtime was always there and the money paid to the employees exceeded most positions available in any other company. I made a lot of friends, from the beginning of my career and to the end. It was a good place to work all in all. I just needed something that I had to use my intelligence a little more than what was expected.
Pros
Good Money, health benefits and good pay
Cons
Always being laid off and back on again was hard on my young family.
Just a good paying job
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Long work hours, badly managed, a lot of required overtime and no room for career advancement. Gets into the 100s temp inside the plant in the summer months.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very little freedom
No opportunity for promotion
SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 27, 2015
I can't say much that that is good. As a senior mainframe person, I have not been afforded the same benefits as my co-workers that have been here for twenty years. The only thing you hear about with promotions is mid-managers or upper-managers being promoted to the next level. This is definitely a good-old boys network. Managers here don't act like managers; they tend to be frustrated technicians who make lousy supervisors or managers. Part of it is that they don't provide any formal training for managers. They have some self-study courses. Managers here are more concerned about their own interests then their people. Then if you throw in the physical facilities, it's a nasty place to work. They haven't put any money into some of their building for 25 years. Dirt everywhere, air quality is terrible, and the bathrooms are nasty.
Pros
Decent on the work/life balance
Cons
Lots of bureaucracy, lousy management, no opportunity for promotion
Productive Fun work place
Master Section Analyst (Engineering Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 1, 2016
Good place to work. Beautiful work life balance, All from supervisor to managers are really helpful. Ford has beautiful cafeteria where food is amazing. Overall, nice place to stay longer in the career.
Comfortable environment wth nice facilities
Trainer - Ford Business Assistance Center (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 10, 2017
Nice work/life balance, comfortable office setting in a nice location. People are generally friendly. Room for growth, opportunity to explore different lines of business.
Management and Inventory Experience was attained
Retail and E-commerce Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Grateful to have worked for the Ford Group for many years. It has given me the opportunity to attain all aspects of management to further my career. Please see my resume for my experience and skills attained at this company.
Productive workplace with a fun environment
HR System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Responding and sending important daily emails
Attend weekly meeting with skill team
Provide training to the company employees on Self Services system everyday
Attend dual weekly meeting with service providers
Conduct a monthly induction on the ESS system
Monitor HR/Payroll Information system information interface
Rectifying daily system interface errors
Rectifying daily information system errors
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
short breaks & long workinghours
Overall nice place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 18, 2016
Overall nice place to work! Lots of room for advancement and very centrally located in Dearborn. Competitive pay and benefits. Job culture is very diverse and pleasant working environment.
Great place to work if you love automobiles
Design and Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at ford because there was so much going on. People seemed somewhat complacent, but none the less if you wanted to work hard then it could potentially be rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3