Ford Motor Company
1,314 reviews

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the opportunity
Unit Supervisor/Process Coach (Former Employee), Dearborn MIFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoyed the challenges that were introduced during my employment involving bringing new and breaking edge technologies online with the new F-150 aluminum fabrication efforts. Trained on Hem die, robotics and riveting processes and applications. Maintained a safe work environment for subordinates and support personnel. Management left some things to be desired with practices and methods.
Innovative fast moving
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: income good
Cons: work long hours
Ford Motor company is a vey good company to work for. Its a growing business that has many new innovative cars. Working with the UAW has been a challenge but you continue to push forward.
Productive and Fast paced Environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work with alot of nice people and form good working relationships
Cons: takes a toll on your body physically
The hardest part of the job is the physical damage that is done to the body overtime since most of the jobs are repetitive motions at a fast paced environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends at work and everyone acts like they are your family. Most jobs you are working on a line or on a machine and every job has a cycle time in which the job needs to be completed in. My station i work at has to be completed in 15 seconds The most important part of my job or any job at my facility is making sure all our parts are packed properly and within quality and safety guidelines.
Great Place to work
Production Verification Test Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Good scope of manufacturing and production side of the company. Co-workers are diligent and easy to work with. Demands a good work ethic.
It is a Big company
Zone Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: car compensation, benefits
Cons: lots of travel, unclear communication
The job is okay depending on your personality and current family situation, and your desired path for promotion within the company. There are perks that most enjoy. Company employees and associates that employees have to work with are ego-driven which can be frustrating.
Decent pay, but you won't love what you do.
Process Coach (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Too often requires work on your scheduled days off, and you basically have to not show up against threats of write-ups to use any of the non-scheduled paid days off in your benefits package. This is a cut throat environment in which management plays unethical games to write up anyone to take the heat off themselves, and tries to pressure you into doing the same with your employees. The rotating schedule is brutal at times, and it sucks to be required to work so many hours and not be compensated (i.e. 1.5 or 2X, to compensate).

This is not a position in which you will move up. Turnover is way too high, so upper management will do everything in its power to keep production management exactly where they are.
Car Sales
Customer Service Rep/ Sales (Former Employee), KYFebruary 20, 2015
It's a tough business with great potential. Salary is based on your individual performance not someone else controlling your pay.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Highly recommend this company. Family oriented and great overall experience. Great opportunity to learn and grow with a recognized global automotive leader.
company
sales manager (Former Employee), delhiFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
it is a world famous brand for cars and this is a good company which provides better faculty to their staff members.Their main motive is to satify customer needs in cheap and best price according to the needs of the customers.
This place is great if you are full time
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Ford does not understand IT. They want to be Agile, but completely do not understand what that means. Their financial systems are outdated. The project manager role does not participate in anything that is not considered admin work. Basically, you are a paper pusher at the highest degree.

Ford treats its employees very well, but its contractors not so well. You are not allowed to work from home. You have no vacation days. Your time is monitored down to the half hour.

There is no path to hire; although you are told otherwise when you are interviewed.
very productive and satisfying place to work with a rewarding carreer.
assembly specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: a great work environment and a rewarding job with good benefits.
Cons: i don't know of any cons about the job. it was a good career.
a typical day at work at ford was always interesting as well as challenging and at the end of the day there was a sense of accomplishment. I learned a lot about manufacturing processes and working with others in a team toward a common objective. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers and working along with management. it was a very rewarding job in many ways and it always provided opportunity for achievement.
Assembler
Assembly Line Lead/Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 13, 2015
I worked at Ford for 7 years. This is where i began my working career. My family has been working for Ford since the company first started. Ford can do no wrong in my eyes.
Every day is a learning experience
Assembly Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: working for national company
Cons: very loud
Repairing locomotives. Using massive equipment to repair the many different parts that are many times bigger than the average car.
Best Company to work for.
Machine Repair Leader (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Each and everyday there is something that can be learned or taught at work. The management team there at Ford do all they can to secure a safe and enjoyable work setting. The hardest part of being a Leader is funding to receive parts need to repair plant equipment.
Ford
Engineering (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Okay pay and benefits. Excellent product that has improved over time. I was there during the difficult times which made it a little difficult to endure.
great lunch room and great time.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Flat Rock, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Ford is my favorite company I have worked for and it has many good benefits. Worked in body shop which was fast paced and loved to work and make quality parts.
Ford Motor Co. was a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Maumee, OHFebruary 11, 2015
This is where I learned all my office skills, multi-tasking, and being proficient. I worked under the superintendent and was very busy there too. I had to have good organizational and motivational skills. However, the plant closed.
family owned
Ford Certified level 3 Sales Consultant (Former Employee), oakland countyFebruary 10, 2015
great place to work. hands on work friendly family owned staff I would recommend them to anyone. they have work on many large job in the area.
Productive and educational place to work.
Collections Manager Role Model - LP Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pay for performance
Cons: work schedule
We always knew what was expected of us and we were rewarded for reaching goals, There was always training for any new task given. The hardest part of the job was working until 9:00pm two nights per week and every other Saturday.
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2015
i enjoyed working for ford Dearborn truck co.i got the chance to learn a lot about ford and the way they operate its a great place to work coworkes stick together and work as a team to get the job done