Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Fast Paced Job with potential for advancement
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2014
My work day involves installing parts of cars for 10 hours a day, 4 days a week
loved my job management was not always very smart
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, people i worked with
Cons: bosses that did not know their job, hours, heat
get to work wait for forman to come to shop to give me and partner our jobs for the morning it was usually two or three little jobs we could do between calls we would get to fix something on the production line. we would spend the morning cutting welding or looking for something that we would have to install at lunch time when the production line was – more... down so we would not lose any production, after lunch was a little slower and we just covered break downs for production. weekends was when we did our preventive maintenance and safety checks also this is when we replaced equipment that broke down during the last weeks production that we could not get to because of safety or time constraints the hardest part of this job was dealing with management usually when thing go wrong and they want production and they throw safety out the window to get their line running. this is where i have had problems with management and it made my job hard. the best part of my job was going home in one piece knowing that i did my best to help the company i worked for be profitable at the end of the day – less
Steady work environment and heavy labor
Assembly line worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2014
Pros: profit sharing bonus
Cons: heavy labor and damaging to the body
Secure company and continuous work. This requires a lot of manual dexterity. Management opportunity are based on seniority. Benefits are offered thru bonuses.
Good place to work.
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2014
Worked on assembly line assembling rack and pinion for fords and mercurys. I learned a great deal on this job. How to assemble parts for cars, quality control, test parts to see if they reach quality standards. Co-workers were easy to get along with. No hard parts about the job. Enjoyed working at Ford Motor Company. Indianapolis plant closed.
Ford was my training ground
Materials Supervisor/Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodhaven, MIMarch 21, 2014
I went to Ford as a young officer just out of the Army. They taught me the difference between Army leadership and union/company relationships. They treated me very well and they are still a great American company.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 21, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: union environment
Every day was different and presented unique challenges to overcome. I learned a great deal about managing supervisors as well as union represented employees. Like most companies, top management was a mixed bag. Most executives are among the brightest in the industry, but there are a few who are not.
Productive environment, great fitness center
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good money, great benefits
Cons: hard work
The work on the line was not easy. However the environment was great. The hard work was the reason why I took the buy out. I saw it as an opportunity to return to school and earn my degrees. On the way I also earned management skills. I miss my co-workers but do not miss the hard work.
Productive and good teamwork in a fast pace environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good office environment to work and access to management.
Cons: at times, lack of resources to be backup support.
Learned a lot about product development processes. Co-workers worked as a team and mostly committed to completing assignemnts on time. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the request for changes to the user applications being developed. The most enjoyable was sense of accomplishment when projects deliverables were completed.
productive
warehouse parts handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Team worker, very dependable! Even though you're ahead on your performance, supervisors folow you around contantly
Productive and fun work envionment
Entry Level Assembly (Current Employee), Wayne, MIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: low pay
My coworkers make coming to work a pleasure! I look forward to the day when I am placed in skilled trades and can began using the knowledge I have learned over my career.
Auto Mechanic (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
I really enjoy waking up each morning and going to this job. I always wanted to be a mechanic and now I get to do it during the day.
A good and rewarding company to work for.
Assembly Worker (Utility) (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, alot of paid holidays, weekend off.
At Ford, there are a lot of opportunities to grow. There is a school onsite for the employees to develope themselves.
Its a place you go to work and do what you are supposed to do and nobody bugs you.
When get trained on a job and you like, you can sign up to do that job and stay on it as long as you wish.
Metric Based
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee), TampaMarch 8, 2014
Ever changing work environment. Process oriented and policy based. Micro management.
Professional environment
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2014
Maintained a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures. Maintained a working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Effectively resolved personnel problems by analyzing – more... data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; and recommending action. – less
no coment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 6, 2014
No comment on this company, would not go back. Needs new management
northside ford
Ford master certified service advisor (Current Employee), san antonio texas 78216March 4, 2014
overall good company to work for.
helping with customer concerns,lots of phone calls and working with technicians in the main shop
I loved the company and the benefits!
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 3, 2014
A great company to work for! Great pay and benefits. Decent managers and advancement opportunities!
Prototype Machinist
Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee), Connersville, INMarch 3, 2014
I received prints from supervisor and then took the necessary steps to produce the parts.
Fun and safe place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Wayne, MIMarch 2, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, christmas bonuses and advancements
Cons: the few people who didnt know how to work together.
Work was easy, and organized. Management made sure you had what you ended to do your job. Coworkers were team players ,and always looked out for one another. The hardest part of the job was when we lost those we worked with. I loved everything about the atmosphere.
Ford Credit is a great company!
Administrative / Wholesale Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville and Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day was balancing general ledgers, scheduling audist for dealers with at 500 - 1000 vehicles. Bank deposits, daily reports and overall clearing "out of balances" from previous day. Enjoyed the co workers. Hardest part of the job, was leaving. The Branch I worked for relocated from Jacksonville to Tampa Fl. I enjoyed all of the job!