Ford Motor Company
1,158 reviews

Ford Motor Company Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working with my team
Trim & Chassis Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MiOctober 23, 2014
Pros: strong
Supervised team members who painted the F150 for Ford Motor Company. Supervised 40+ team members
great pay and benefits -- old school leaderhip
Program Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, company lease cars for leaderrs
Cons: antiquated systems and processes, lack of vision and innovation
Ford is a very old school bureaucratic organization that could use some innovative thought leaders to drive significant improvements in process and operations!
Focus
Sales Assoc (Former Employee), PlymouthOctober 22, 2014
Greeting customers and build repport with a smile and letting all customers know I'm interested in working with them.
Working with a good team, making managers great coaches
General Sales Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, CTOctober 21, 2014
The owner of this company is my mentor, Reminded me why I initially got into the Automotive Industry. A good man, with good morals.
One of the best companies to work for
Credit Investigator/Clerical (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: got the opportunity to see the new models of vehicles before the hit the showrooms
Cons: long drive to work
The reason I worked for this company for twenty three years, is because of the management team, and the great coworkers I had the honor of working with. Every day was a learning experience, and they were always willing to teach. Customer service was our number one priority. The one thing I enjoyed most was giving back, to my customers, and coworkers, and the hardest part was not meeting out quota on occasional months. I learned that behind every adversity is an opportunity.
Excellent Company, Great Place to work
Auditor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: strong team dynamic, well educated work force. supportive management
- Conduct audit of all aspects of the business from safety, OSHA compliance, payroll, T&E, A/P, HR, A/R, Financial Reporting, Legal, Customs, International Reporting, Manufacturing, Plant Operations, Scrap, and so forth.
- Management would review the audit plan developed by the team lead which would rotate. The lead would delegate the assigned areas to the team member and ensure the audit stay on task. Then the lead would assemble the report into the draft for presentation as a group to the director. As a team it would be presented. Following any adjustments, if any, it would be presented to the audit committed and issued to the department and filed.
The most enjoyable part would be the follow-up with the department in helping the to correct any issues or implement any process improvements that were noted and agreed upon that would save money or departmental time.
nichole maks resume
Assembly Line Worker / Line Leader /Predelivery (Former Employee), Chicago IL local 551October 20, 2014
Pros: all opportunities ford motor companies has to offer
Cons: none that can come to mind at moment
Get to work station, enough time shift set up, you have stock atea clean for safety.
I have learn versilty and quick.
I had work trim Wixom Mi plant . Plant had closed down,
Then I have work tag relief on the chassis line, general on motor line.
When i did my voluntary quite I was actually back at preddelivery.
great role!
Zone Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 16, 2014
Great role, taught me how to sale, learn customer management and how to develop my brand.
A lot to learn from this company. Too much politics.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 15, 2014
This company is very dynamic and provides a lot of information for starters. Politics and connections in this company could move you up. Rarely your hard work
Productive work environment
Dimensional Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Wayne, MIOctober 15, 2014
- Very busy work
- Basics of process control philosophy
- Excellent management team
- Exceptional co-workers
- Lots of time on your feet
- Excellent compensation
No Summery
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 15, 2014
It's been an absolute pleasure in working and to be a part of Ford Motor Company. Folks are very helpful on the job. There is always much work load on the job, but I enjoyed in doing my job on daily basis.
Fast
Assembly Line/Welder (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: 30 minute lunch break and work 12 hours
I you couldn't look at a picture with alot of parts and put them together in your head with in a couple of seconds then you are not the one to work there. Its hard on your body and long hours and great pay and great benifits.

No stop surroundings
fun place to work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Earth City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: got laid off
Fun place to work, co workers were fun to be around and work with. Very professional
Java, J2EE/Struts, Spring, Hibernate,Oracle,OracleTopLink
Java Architect/Lead Programmer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: automobile
8 Years of experience in design and development of multi-tier applications using in Java, J2EE/Struts, Spring, Tomcat, WebSphere, JDK, Java Script, JDBC and UNIX.
I enjoyed workong at Ford and still would have continued to work but the plant closed.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement.
Cons: i was also a substitude quality rep.for the uaw. the opposing party would give you a hard time.
Torque the bolts to make sure they were correct. Check the built seats to make sure they had all their parts. Make sure every seat label correspond to the actual seat. I learned that the more education the faster you could advance. Sometimes management was not always on the same page with QC. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who preformed poorly and was protected by the union. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to do a good job. Also the paycheck. and benefits were excellent.
you are talk to like a dog
Vehicle Assembly Technician/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the team work
Cons: the heat
&*&!@#$%^&*() not a very good place to work they treat you like %#%
A great place to learn the finance industry
Senior Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance on most positions
Cons: limited advancement
This is a great company to learn from, but may not be a great place to have a career at.
Notice the Five Star Rating Employee Gave Company!!!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 9, 2014
Work was fantastic because we as employees worked together as a family involved and teaching each other how to be better than before, that was what life was about. Educational studies helped get "Certified Certification " and you could share that knowledge with your fellow salesmen and teach customers about Features, Advantages, and Benefits. "Sales was always climbing (Soaring upward) and moral ethics was high, plus we all worked creating sales and each Individual helped each other get better. Daily improvements always created a strong sales force. Thank you for all the company training, experience, and knowledge I benefited with.
I am honored to work in a factory Ford
Factor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: they're my friends speak in the best home and ford together
Cons: i've never heard of ford bmaat let alaqgua company in the world
I am honored to work in a factory Ford because it is the most luxurious manufacturing company in the world and deserve Symbol arrest
I really enjoyed my job. However the hours are not conducive to my life.
Utility Assembler (Current Employee), Claycomo MOOctober 8, 2014
Pros: wages and benifits are great.
Cons: hours and shifts
The Ford Motor Company is a great opportunity for a young person to start a career in the automotive business.