Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search
If it was not for the friendly associates, I would have left along time ago.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 20, 2016
a typical day at work starts with a morning meeting where
the boss tells you what your doing wrong. ( great way to ruin your day from the very beginning). Working there i've learned to better myself and taking care of all different kinds of customers, from older to younger, from very calm to very angry.
My co-workers honestly kept me going, there are alot of associates that hated their jobs, not really the job but how they were treated. I think the hardest part about that job, especially someone with multiple years of management experience is watching management treat my other associates like dirt and not being able to do anything about it.
There are ways to talk to people and train them to do things the way you need them to do but treating them like garbage is not one of them. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in and seeing my associates and my customers smile and laugh with each other.
That even with management being as horrible as it, we can still treat our customers the way they deserve to be treated.
Pros
free lunch on saturday but always the same greasy food.
Cons
horrible management.
It wasnt very productive and professional
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 19, 2016
The work place was very unorganized and cluttered, the work environment was filled with disrespecting coworkers. The management team was very disrespectful and how they handled certain situation.
Pros
Cons
Bad environent to work in, and very unprofessional.
Productive and stable work environment.
Powertrain Calibration (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 18, 2016
This is a good place to work at. Jobs are stable and coworkers are friendly. There is also much potential to learn by moving throughout the various areas of the company.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Career growth/potential.
Basically, I performed as assigned to my best ability
Assembler, line Welder (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Ford Motor Company was a good company to work for in that, the overtime was always there and the money paid to the employees exceeded most positions available in any other company. I made a lot of friends, from the beginning of my career and to the end. It was a good place to work all in all. I just needed something that I had to use my intelligence a little more than what was expected.
Pros
Good Money, health benefits and good pay
Cons
Always being laid off and back on again was hard on my young family.
Global Systems
Regional Director PM-NA (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent PM Systems - SAP
Globally proficient
One KA system is globally integrated
Innovative and customer-supportive
well managed
Pros
Global Systems
Cons
A great and friendly place to work
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJanuary 11, 2016
When I get there I'll start cleaning cars as we need them done, and whenever we're slow, we'd get pulled up front to help with smaller jobs. I learned how to work with multiple groups of people from different age groups. The management was pretty good and they were really laid back people along with the co-workers who I really enjoyed. The hardest part of my job would probably be getting the keys from every single car, 250+, at night when the weather is really cold or raining. But the most enjoyable part was making a car look spectacular for the customers.
Pros
lunch on Saturdays and Siminizing cars to get $20 cash.
Cons
There weren't really any cons.
Tbd
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 8, 2016
a typical work day, what I learned, management, your coworkers, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very traditional place
Assembly/ Stock driver - Clay Como (Former Employee) –  Como, MOJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day in Ford would be very long not all the work is tough but your body would feel the long hours worked. I learned that the harder you work the more responsibilities you will earn. Management was 50/50 some were really cool some made the day even longer. I loved all the people i worked with even the ones higher up or getting paid more because no matter what happened daily were all there for the same thing, to make for a better life style. The hardest part of the job would have to be the weather conditions mainly because the plant didn't have air so in the summer it got pretty hot in there. During the winter we had to wear coats, hats, etc there was eat but not all over the place and i had to drive all around the plant which didn't work in my favor. What i enjoyed most about my job was the people there, it was some many different people there with different stories and different lives.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No air
It was a great job for first time car sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I never sold cars before so it was a great first time experience. I learned a lot about vehicles and how to put together car deals, its something i feel will help me in the future.
High Stress
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Workplace is extremely HIGH STRESS. Guys are kept "on edge" and never know form one minute to the next where they stand, or if they will have a job tomorrow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You can be "let go" at any time WITHOUT reason.
Needs better management at TEK System
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 30, 2015
Needs better manger at TEK to listen when you complain about how the job responsibilities are not what you were offered. TEK don't listen and just wait till your contract ends with them.
productive work place
Tool Maker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 24, 2015
great pay but to many hours not even able to cash pay checks because of long hours to repetive later in life i had more patence
Hard worker , Dedicaated to success
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 10, 2015
Follow Process and Procedures. Lead by example and motivate. Bring integrity to the table, College education and loves a challenge
Pros
hard worker, Integrity
Cons
workaholic
Can be the best and worst
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 8, 2015
Who you know will determine your chances for advancement. Outlying locations are quickly forgotten unless constant management of your career.
Amazing bunch of people to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GADecember 7, 2015
The best place to work for. This company to pride in the work and quality of the product produced.
Again, we was a team... when one laid out of work, we would get our job caught up and run down to help out.
different
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Claycomo, MODecember 7, 2015
Ford is a good company to work for if you like to work. Its very repetitive and have room to grow. The environment is different in every area but around the right people its what passes the time.
What?
Design Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 7, 2015
See resume... Very ethical company. for a big global company that is impressive to me. Who wants to read about my impression of Ford? There are many more avenues to get a better review of the kind of company Ford is than from me.
Great place to spend half a lifetime!!
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJDecember 1, 2015
31 years spent in all aspects of warehousing/distribution for a major auto manufacturing company. Learned so many things from so many people.
Pros
Good pay, great people, job security.
Cons
Hard work, never, in 31 years, worked a 9 to 5 shift. Really, didn't miss 9 to 5.
Ford Motors
Parts Inspector, Staff Source (Former Employee) –  Portage, INNovember 28, 2015
Very great place to work and you have to be in the mindframe that you came prepared to work. The job is very strenuous on the body. Lots of heavy lifting, and you're on your feet the full 12hr shift. The pay is great and makes the days worth it. I got a chance to work with some amazing team leaders. Coming into the company with no experience at all, I really walked away with lots of knowledge about cars that I never knew existed.
Jovial and prosperous company
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Marion, SCNovember 28, 2015
we would talk about vehicles that we sold and ones that need to be sold. to break up the monotony we all tell something funny about our raising.
Pros
base pay
Cons
economy

4.3