Ford Motor Credit Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Account Manager/Collections (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2016
The shifts rotate and so it doesn't really have a great work/life balance and every other week you work six days. The work is exhausting especially if you commute.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
awful turnaround shifts
Family Oriented workplace
Call Center Operations Manager/Credit Buyer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2016
Directed staff to ensure overall customer satisfaction and appropriate level of service delivery.
Developed and monitor goals for up to 30 staff members and provide on-going feedback and coaching.
Managed staff, including individual contributors and supervisors including; succession planning, talent acquisition, retention, development, annual performance evaluations, skills assessment, training and matters of compensation.
Maintained departmental statistics including number of calls made daily including customer contact and on activities performed by customer service representatives (i.e. phone audits on call techniques and documentation).
Responsible for timely adherence with compliance, training and reporting requirements as determined by internal and external regulatory/accreditation agencies and policies.
Ensured staff comprehends and complies with best practices, professional standards, internal policies and procedures.
Administered and monitored Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with appropriate business partners. o Evaluated loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
Approved loans by forwarding applications to Ford Motor Dealership Finance committee with terms and requirements.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses, Tuition Assistance
Cons
Cap on Tuition Assistance
High Pressure low reward workplace
Loan Discounter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2016
Ridiculous work policy. Company feels that if employees are smiling or (god forbid) having a good time they are not working hard enough. Ridiculous snow policy i.e. come to work no matter what even if all roads leading to workplace have been closed by law enforcement. Very high pressure. Work to home life balance not in sync with compensation. No respect for loyalty to company.
Didn't feel like work
Executive Administrative Assistant/Funding/Finance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work could be anything. I learned a wealth of knowledge over the years in the various departments. I learned how to create, manage, prioritize, have thick skin, meet deadlines, find the answer if I didn't know the answer. I held various positions and my managers were the best. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job was the economy hit and layoffs happened. The most enjoyable part was service. I love to serve and be of assistance to others.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
morale begin to change
ping pong table, productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2016
Everyone needs a vehical
Cars are basic needs for transportation
Making collection calls
Receiving inbound calls
Managers work there
Employees work there
Family focused
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great benefitts
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 26, 2016
stressful
excel, powerpoint, micro soft word, six sigma
okay-not diverse
met some very nice people
stress
parties in the office
benefits
Cons
n/a
A company that truly values diversity
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2016
My typical day is involves reviewing contracts for accuracy to satisfy our customers. The environment encourages working together, while allowing for individual thought and ideas. In working at my current job, I have learned to negotiate and have grown confident in my instincts. I been taught research skills and improved my ability to empathize. The best part of my job is my co-workers, I have been able to connect with people from so many different backgrounds. I find the toughest part of the job is that the actual work at time can be tedious, but from that I have learned better focus.
Not the best place if you are looking for family friendly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2016
There are to many chiefs and not enough employees here, and supervisors and upper management love to bark orders but do not want to help out when needed. If you are sick, I mean really sick, you should stay home instead of spreading germs to everyone and passing the bug, not here. You are expected to be at work no matter what. Their scheduling is interesting, if it is slow, and no calls, instead of letting employees go home and save on the bottom line they keep everyone there.
What I did like was that they had fundraisers for various different organizations, I found this to be awesome in team building at least with the team leaders that participated.
They have a set of rules, which for the most I agree with 100%, except for the part, when you have to get permission to use the bathroom for a certain amount of time. If you are away from your phone for longer than they like, they come into the bathroom wanting to know how long you will be.
Pros
Excellent Benefit options
Cons
To many chiefs and not enough indians.
great work live balance
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 9, 2016
Very strong company, Good chances for growth, would recommend this company to anyone in the auto finance industry. With training and experience you can grow with this company
Pros
growth
Cons
relocation
Good place but advancement and growth lacking
anonymous (Former Employee) –  usaMarch 24, 2016
compensation is not competitive even though management tries to say they are. They have a hard time retaining new employees after other companies offer more money. I think the company just needs to work on its employee valuation.
Pros
good co workers, generous benefits
Cons
pay is low, advancement is slow
work , work, and more work, Not very much motivation
Supervisor/Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 19, 2016
Strictly work done all day. No other activities to motivate. Company made sure employees stay focus on work only, no time to social line on company time. Every personal must be done on break or lunch.
Pros
Just get your work done to meet deadlines
Cons
You must be a self motivator
Great environment with a nice view
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 17, 2016
Great place to work with lots of outside work activities as well as indoors. Awesome support Staff and great tools applicable to assisting us in our job performance.
Pros
Great support Staff
Cons
no incentives available
Like A Second Home
Pay-off Clerk, Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working as a pay-off clerk then being promoted to an insurance clerk. The management treated you like family as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping insurance verified on leased accounts. Although, I enjoyed verifying insurance on all accounts, filing titles, typing insurance drafts, translating to Spanish speaking clients, calculating insurance that was due back to the clients as well as working as a phone operator when needed.
Pros
Cons
Traffic
Gentle Gaint of a company
RUP/Scrum Coach (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Can keep me more busy.
Good people with good intentions but seem like career politicians.
Having worked for this company a lifetime they have a hard time realizing that the process is meant to serve the people to do their jobs better and faster.
Pros
Strict 40 hour work week for Agency and Contract Peronnel
Cons
Billing Rate not competitive in the industry, getting a pay raise being locked on the $$ rate !
Dysfunctional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2016
No balance between job life and work life. They truly believe it's easy to rearrange personal life and obligations. They also pick favorites for advancement. They pick people who are under qualified to fit diversity needs.
fun job
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 21, 2016
very fun job, until I was laid off when my job when to India! I love the Ford products that they provide, no other comments, met a lot of friends,
stability
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2015
would like a stable job and the opportunity to grow. great benefits, management, and friendly atmosphere. Being in the military it was hard to be stable in one place with a lot of moving around and deployments this gives me the chance to satay at one place for a long time.
Efficiently managed Organization, fun place to work
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 20, 2015
Enjoyable Work Environment with awesome management teams. Numbers driven due to type of work industry. Great Promotional opportunities with lots of opportunities for training. Large company with a huge focus on finance, customer service that encourages employee self development. Very minimal read tape, some expected in this type of industry and companies of this size. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together with managers and colleagues to learn new aspects of the business, and developing relationships with assigned dealership managers. The hardest part of the job was delivering credit decline decisions to dealerships whose clients did not qualify for credit approvals. Huge Credit Service Center with lots of room for growth and opportunities to interface a adverse group of people. There was some variety in what I did each day ranging from mostly, credit decisions, research, training, and the occasional projects that challenged my perspectives.
Pros
Career opportunities, supportive leadership
Cons
varied scheduling depending on job responsibilities
Great Customers
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WANovember 11, 2015
A typical day included processing credit applications for customers. The best part was being able to provide products that met people's needs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ford, we had very good pay. The management team was very fair. They believed in a work/family balance. Lots of incentives. For every quarter you were not tardy or out you could earn a certificate for 4 hours of personal time off. I earned quite a few of these. We got awards for good customer service.
Pros
Fitness Center onsite, Barbeque lunches once a month