Fordham University

Fordham University Employer Reviews

Good Work Environment
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 29, 2014
Everyone was friendly. The campus was beautiful. Plenty of things to do on and off campus. The neighborhood is a bit rough so don't travel alone at night or you may get mugged.
Great Experience
Student Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
Working together with professor to design a new upcoming program for newly enrolled Fordham students. The challenging part was to pick the marketing channels and implementation.
Great place with wonderful people
Global Peer Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Organized incoming international students’ profiles and contacted them on behalf of Fordham University.
Answered students’ questions on residential life issues.
Followed up with students after arrival to the United States.
Productive and Rewarding
Clerical (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2014
I did not have very strong work ethic I will admit before I started working for OMA. I mean I have always been responsible but I did not feel the need to connect with my co-workers but I learned that co-workers are so important. I also considered myself someone very reserved yet at OMA I learned to be more outgoing and social in a way. My time at OMA – more... is one I will never forget. – less
Productive and flexible
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: flexible, experience, good management
A typical day at work consisted of organizing Historical Files in order to keep the office running efficiently, filing and indexing documents electronically to ensure proper applicants are reviewed promptly, mail deliveries to other departments as well as within Admissions department.
Great Internship
Marketing and Events Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2014
I was able to learn a lot as an intern, in the short amount of time that I was there.
Great learning experience with a fun work place
Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 27, 2014
I love being involved with all the sports programs that Fordham had to offer. Being in marketing and promotions meant that each game I was in for a thrilling night trying to find participants for the contests and setting up all the promotions on the court so everything went well. Office work wise was tough but was able to use my creativity to make the – more... work much more enjoyable. I learned what it was like to be inside of those in-game promotions and furthered my knowledge in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Publisher when it came to the office work. My coworkers were very pleasant and easy to work with making my work flow with ease. – less
Media Services Represenatitive (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2014
Fordham University is very flexible considering that I am a student as well.
TUESDAYS ARE THE BEST!
Choral Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: great students - supportive administration
Cons: wishing i had more classes to teach.
I'm so fortunate to be able to work with some of the wonderful young women who sing in the FORDHAM UNIVERSITY WOMEN'S CHOIR. Most of them are not music majors, yet they dedicate themselves every Tuesday evening, while in session, to striving for the utmost in choral singing.

Nearly 10 years ago, this group numbered around 18. During the 2013-2014 academic – more... year, we hit a membership of 70!

The administration is EXTREMELY supportive and takes a huge interest in the students - not just as one of many in the university population, but as individuals. – less
Productive place to work
Systems Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Bronx, New YorkApril 25, 2014
Pros: ample time off and benefits
Cons: hectic atmosphere
The culture here is good. my group collaborates very well. A normal day consists of monitoring the systems and handling any tickets/requests that may have come in.
Decent college work
Student Employment (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 22, 2014
I worked in the student employment on campus. It was a good, flexible job and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a campus. I calculated students' time sheets, input students' information in several systems, and provided phone coverage.
It was nice to be with students
Teaching Assistant in Intro Bio I & II (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2014
Students there were very smart and hard-working. It was nice and interesting to be with them.
Great working experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2014
This is a part-time student job, basically candidates are selected to assist professor in specific research area. I assist Professor Stanley Veliotis in taxation area. Basically, helping Professor search relevant data and materials on data library such as Lexis etc. I kept contact with chief editors and managing editors in some of top magazines like" – more... Accounting Today" etc. They helped me with lot of relevant articles and data traced back to many decades. Then, I file and organize materials, using excel to make graphic etc. – less
Excellent Work Experience
Research Advisor (Current Employee), Chemistry DepartmentApril 10, 2014
Pros: new york city, flexible hours, different work environments
Cons: commute
I was able to learn about a wide variety of instruments used in nanotechnology research. I was also able to learn about the writing process in publishing a scientific research paper. My research advisor was very helpful and a diligent worker. My co-workers and I were able to help each other out from time to time in order to achieve the best results – more... in a reasonable amount of time. It was tiresome to have to commute to several different offsite research facilities for some of the results, but this did allow me to get more hands-on experience with many of the instruments. It was great to obtain results as well as eventually being able to understand and discuss my opinions on the data collected with my research group. – less
Fordham University review
Academic Operations Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
I prefer not to review prior employers as all experiences are personal and based on many factors that include not only colleagues but management and management style.
Great job for college student
Assistant to Director of IT Security (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2014
It was a great job for those in college and interested in information technology.
A nightmare
AD for Leadership Development and Training (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: exhaustive work days, no support, supervision is less educated than lower level employees in some cases
Other duties as assigned reads like a never ending laundry list. There are always 'emergencies' because so few systems are put into place proactively.

"Peer & aspirant research" is highly regarded to the point of ignoring common sense and collecting so much "research" that the department is about 10 years behind a more than a few system.

People tend – more... to stay in this position for 3-6 months. You'll see the writing on the wall fairly quickly, but will still feel the lure of living "for free" close to New York City that you'll try to hold out for as long as possible.

Note, you will be in the 10th-20th percentile in comparison to your peers in the same position at other colleges/universities. – less
Attention to detail
Assistant Football Coach Tight Ends (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 4, 2013
Would always make sure I was the first person in and the last one to leave. During the day I was like a sponge just absorbing all the football knowledge I could while dealing with student-athletes.
Lack of upper management support leaves young professionals burnt out
Resident Director (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: fordham students
Cons: pay, fees to use university facilities that are outdated
Working with Fordham students is extremely rewarding - however the policies and the salary and benefits are miserable. Culture of fear prevails.
Strictly Work
Student (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2013
The hardest part of the job is there is little human interation and there is little guidance for your career. Try to say there are these initiatives, Generally good people, just an acquired taste of work.

1 2 3