Fordham University Employee Reviews

Excellent Job for Students
Network Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Harrison, NYAugust 11, 2017
I worked at Fordham University's computer lab while taking night classes. It provided me with flexible hours and steady income while I continued to pursue my degree.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
Low Hours/Compensation
Kind Staff
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
Having a colleague or superior that inspires and encourages can be a huge perk at any job.An awesome job pays fairly ideally, above industry average kind staff
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
Health Care
Balanced work environment
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work, especially if you want to advance in Academia.
Many benefits, including educationally and medically. Easy going, a lot of opportunity.
Love volunteering at Fordham
Orientation Leader (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2017
Incredible supportive environment fostering personal and professional growth. Team atmosphere where everyone feels valued and encouraged to develop their talents.
Pros
Supportive environment, educated culture
Good place to be a part of
Head of Cloud and Agile Systems Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
Fordham is good place to work for. The culture is developing and the employee is becoming the focus of Information Technology. If you are okay traveling to the Bronx, and there is a job matching your skill set, you will enjoy working at Fordham.
Summer course
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
This was a consulting summer course but it was still a lot of hard work. We had to present our final proposal to the company CEO which gave everyone in the class a lot of real life experience.
Good enviroment
Facilities (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
Good work place and staff. Management is easy to talk to in case of any issues. Medical benefits is also good. Always busy trying to progress in my field
An educational experience
Graduate Assistant, Careers Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 2, 2017
I was able to study and pursue my masters degree while working for Fordham University. They provided me with funding for living expenses, tuition expenses, and robust networking experiences with alumni.
Challenging work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
do a lot of challenging project .
assignment distributed
paper reading
data collection
data processing
meeting for the new work procedure
final report for the analysis
ResLife was a negative experience
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 23, 2017
My personal experience in ResLife was not positive. The upper management came off as very insensitive to the concerns of professional and paraprofessional staff. They spoke down to those they supervised and created a hostile environment for many. Some people could handle it- but it was not for me.
It's okay
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 20, 2017
It's a pretty laid back environment to work in but room for growth is pretty hard to get.
It seems like in order to advance to better pay or just a better career period, you have to know someone personally, whether it's a close friend or even a family member.
Large staff, large scale work
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
As a member of a 20+ person team, the scale of everything is big- from admission events to reading applications, everything happens in the tens of thousands. Seasonally busy, the best part of the job is working with enthusiastic and engaging, customer service oriented teammates.
Pros
Cons
Busiest periods are physically and socially demanding
Good Education, Poor Networking and Career Center
Freshmen Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
I'm happy with the education I received at Fordham, but the networking opportunities and career center were not at all helpful. I'd advise Fordham to individuals who are more focused on the education and self development aspects of college and less focused on the career opportunities.
N/a
Work Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2017
Great place to work, room for growth and the staff are amazing people. I was there for a couple of week and I loved it. Sadly it was a temporary position.
Fun, Progressive, and Inspiring
Student Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2017
Honestly, this is probably the most rewarding job I have ever had. It is a fast paced and competitive, yet respectful and loving environment. I highly recommend.
Good place to start
Research and Teaching Fellow/Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
I gained some very valuable experience in local reporting and broadcasting with this affiliate of NPR in Little Rock, AR. The staff was great to work with and very flexible.
Wonderful Experience!
Faculty Advisor Student Assistant (FASA) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 1, 2017
Great work environment
exceptional staff
cultural diversity
Time spent here fosters quality experience in customer service as well as knowledge of many databases
Excellent place to work and study
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2017
I was a student at Fordham University while working there. As a tutor, I was given much flexibility with the material to be taught to the students. Additionally, the students and I were free to make time around their busy schedules with no enforced minimum. The best part overall was to be able to see my peers' grades improve after walking through the concepts with them at our own pace.
Incredible Community
New Student Orientation, Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Starting off at a new school away from home can definitely be challenging for the average freshman entering their first year of college. It was incredible being able to help make that transition smoother and working to foster a community among the students of the incoming class.
Forham University prepared me to succeed!
Executing Entrepreneurial Vision, Founder (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I learned so much while attending Fordham! The atmosphere was energetic and competitive. I truly believe they gave me the tools that are necessary to succeed in any work environment!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fordham University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2