Forefront Dermatology Employee Reviews

Great company for a life long career.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 15, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement starting at a clinic level.
Company continues to grow and expand.
Enjoy working with the doctors.
Management doesn't come from headquarters
Such a team atmosphere
Very rewarding career
Lack of direction and clear understanding of responsibilities
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2017
This company had no idea how to train nor treat new staff. The turn over rate was high and after working there awhile, I understood why. I was never made to feel comfortable in the position and was treated poorly.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
NP and PA were rude and very unkind to the point of discrimination
Great Company!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 24, 2017
Forefront Dermatology is a great company to work for. The providers are AWESOME! As well as the overall staff. Forefront Dermatology if a fast paced company with great values. They are all about patients and their families.
growing pains
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 24, 2017
The corporation has had rapid growing pains. The obvious desire is to turn patients quickly but when both the providers and staff complain of non patient first motivation, your ethics come into play.
Negative work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 23, 2017
Poor management. Very negative work culture. Unhappy employees. Very poor compensation. Lack of respect is shown to employees. The only positive about this job was the coworkers. Everyone was in the same unhappy boat.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Forefront
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 20, 2017
A typical work day for the list bench includes cutting the list of recuts and special requests, which takes up most of the day. Filing blocks and pulling blocks to cut, and cutting controls. The gross bench includes grossing, which is almost the entire day, verifying tissue samples when they come in, and managing the tissue processor.
It's a job.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SomeplaceOctober 16, 2017
Overall I love my job as a medical assistant, however this company could not care less about the employees, the only thing that matters is money; the providers only care about overhead and bonusing at the end of the year. The training you reserve your starting is terrible, it's a sink or swim mentality. The staff is far too overworked and there are no set hours as to when you will be done working, they may say you get done at 5, 90% of the time you will get out an hour later, that means you end up working an 11 hour shift then get complained to that you are getting overtime, because heaven forbid you get overtime and take more out of the providers pocket. I've worked with Forefront for a year and within that time, 7 people have quit!
Sometimes the providers decide to give you discounts on the products but that all depends on the providers you are directly working with, again it's all about that overhead!
Also, the providers pick favorites and those favorites could get away with just about anything. It's horrendous.
Pros
You get a pay check
Poor management in place
Medical Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 6, 2017
Just not the company I thought I was going to work for. Had heard good things about Forefront but after almost 3 years in billing it couldn’t of been further from the truth. Management is never available & they don’t leave anyone in charge during their absence. Training is poor & the lead trainer still needs help herself. You would think billing would have their stuff together but they don’t. Delayed billing to patients from 3 years back is ridiculous. Dealing with calls from upset patients is not easy & management doesn’t do anything to alleviate the problem. And to show us how valued we are we get donuts & coffee every few months! Seriously? PTO is all we get & the amount we accrue is minimal. If you need a day off make sure you know 4-6 weeks in advance otherwise it won’t be approved. You can still call in “sick” but you will get occurrences. Just a very disappointing company to work for!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management & pay
Good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 5, 2017
It is a nice place to work. It allows for a lot of learning and growth. It will keep you busy during the day as it is a rapidly paced physicians office.
Love Forefront
LPN Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MISeptember 28, 2017
Love Forefront! Excellent pay and growth potential for LPN's and MA's. I have been here over 2 years and hope to never leave. Excellent providers and coworkers. Very fast paced which I Love. A company. That loves to teach and keep their employees.
Pros
Excellent pay and growth potential for LPN &MA
Cons
Honestly none
Low pay for the amount of work expected
Medical Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 27, 2017
The number of employees that have left have been tremendous in less than a year, there are less than half of the number of employees from when I started, and they have only hired about 3 or 4 during that time. Their training is very minimal and then expect you to know what you are doing after 1 week or less of training. Even with a degree in the field, it means nothing, since they do on the job training. They say they want to hear your ideas and concerns, but all of it gets shut down or turned away.
Pros
Paid holidays, decent work hours
Cons
Low pay, minimal training
Company is very disconnected
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 4, 2017
Very top heavy. If you are not a part of the corporate team, you are not a valued employee. Never received reviews, and thinking outside the box was not an option. Very cutthroat. Do not have the tools or resources to do your job effectively. No training, no mentoring. I would not recommend to anyone.
Do not work here.
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 4, 2017
Do not work here. Five minutes for bathroom and break time included together. Break room is on first floor. One bathroom on third floor for over 50 people on day shift. Two bathrooms on first floor, every time you are out of the lab, time is counted against your metrics.
Fast paced, Great Place to learn new skills
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 31, 2017
More than just clinic work. It's fast paced seeing 6+ patients per hour. Medical history intake, assisting with all procedures including cosmetic procedures. There is a lot of computer work involved. No Holidays, little to no weekend hours.
Pros
Coworkers, Drug Rep lunches
Cons
Benefits are not as great as they make them sound.
corrupt business
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 23, 2017
150 characters would not be enough for this review. Used to be a fun place to work, now that management changed moral has gone down. Losing people left and right because of the change. Management treats employees poorly and is very demeaning. They could care less about employees and their families. Punished for putting family first. Will not work with life schedules. If someone has a health issue or disability, they discriminate and poke fun. If someone likes fast paced, stressful, constantly changing, this is the place for you. Constantly change employee handbook so management does not get in trouble.
Pros
no nights, weekends, holidays
Cons
management
Little support from upper management
CMA (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 23, 2017
This job can be very stressful. Some providers are very high maintenance and talk down about co-workers/providers. Some mid-level providers are not treated fairly. Lots and lots of work put on the team leads from the providers and the Regional managers. They also expect you to work as an MA on the floor. Hard to get people hired to be staffed properly. Not a lot of recognition for your hard work. PTO is slowly accrued and you can never really accrue the amount of hours you're allowed in a year.
Pros
401K, some great co-workers
Cons
Not recognized for hard work
No life, no progression, unfair conpensation
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 8, 2017
I could honestly sit here and list the things wrong with this company, but I'd be here all night. No work/life balance. I can't imagine trying to do this job and raise children or go to school. Compensation was very poor. It's obvious this company is out to make a quick buck and doesn't give two craps about their employees, the ones who are busting their butts to provide excellent patient care. Scheduling was misleading and inaccurate, doesn't provide proper training for process improvements.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No time for lunch breaks, inadequate compensation, no work/life balance, improper training procedures
Poorly managed company
intake specialist, front dest associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 3, 2017
I was supposed to be trained on their EMR system during office hours but the person training me had only worked there 2 months and was too busy. I was only able to "watch". I asked for training from the EMR company which the other office assistant had gotten. The manager said "Sure" but never set it up. Before the fourth day, I went to the library to teach myself as much as I could and when I got home from the library, confident that I could excel in time, I was called by the regional manager and told I wasn't learning fast enough and he fired me. Very poorly run company. I feel sorry for the physicians.
Pros
Cons
No training
Horrible Place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 17, 2017
Poor management that set you up to fail. Interview process is ridiculous - high turn over rate and inexperienced co workers make for a hostile and stressful environment. Management does nothing to improve work relations.
Pros
Drug Rep Lunches
Cons
Minute-by-minute, poor management, no raises
fast pass envorment
Central sched (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 10, 2017
I love making sure that the patient is happy by the time I am done scheduling the appointment. I like teaching other people the ins and outs of the job and helping them when they have questions. I learned some new computer programs and more information about insurance. The hardest part of the job was remembering what all the doctors are will to see patients for and what insurance the are in network with. The workplace with my fellow team member is so enjoyable. They are like your family.
Pros
fun team team members
Cons
director is unreasoable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forefront Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8