Foreign Exchange Employee Reviews

Fun environment and productive
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 27, 2017
All employees were very welcoming and fun to be around and made the day go buy quicker. Although the job was loads of fun, we still got tasks and goals met everyday that was needed.
Great Company
Accelerated Growth Business Analyst, AVP (Former Employee) –  Boton, MAMarch 27, 2017
Nothing bad to say about State Street. It just didn't work out for a variety of reasons. I would definitely be open to any positions there again if they became available and fit my skills & experience.
management wasnt good
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 19, 2017
i dont recommend to work with this company
management is really bad and the owner is cheap, does not pay good
u work a lot and he pays u over the project and usually is 12 per
Productive And Fun
Key Holder / Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I miss working for the retail field. working for this company was my first retail store i work for and i have to say it was a fun & with amazing people.
Pros
outstanding Work environment
Cons
1 hr lunch
Opening of a brand new retail store
Senior Sales/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The experience from opening a brand new retail store from the ground up was definitely learning experience.At this job, all the employees not only me were able to develop team building skills. Regardless of what position we were all in the same position that this was a new store that were are developing together.
Pleasant Retail Store
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked as a sales associate and worked my way up to key holder. The retail life was okay, there was always good music and fantastic deals going on in the store. My store manager was a handful, but overall staff was amazing and i loved my job there at the time.
Pros
Employees were awesome and great discount!
Cons
Store manager was terrible, understaffed.
Overall opinion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 22, 2016
It was so hard to move up with this company.
unfortunately it has been shut down and no long available. so, the luxury of buy cheap clothing is no longer available.

the management did not give us the schedule on time which really was the only con.

the actual work environment was fun, if you liked communicating with people.
there was always something to do there
Self Employed and Mobile is very enticing
Commodities Trader (Current Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 28, 2016
Wonderful profession but lacks customary benefits such as insurance, stability etc. I learned that I am a better position trader than a day trader and that success is sustainable in fewer but longer term trades.
Pros
Mobile, low startup costs, easy liscensure
Cons
inconsistant income, rewards not directly related to efforts etc
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 13, 2016
Staying active and helping customers makes the time go by much faster than you would think. And the style of clothes are always a great quality.
went out of buissness
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2016
gave alot to this company but got back very little. I really stuff because things are great, French fries are yummy thanks mother mary.
Pros
upbeat enviorment
Cons
bad managment
Great working environment
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is communicating with every guests that enters the store and aiding them on what they need and want. It is either for themselves or for someone else. This job requires communication skills and a super good and patient attitude.
My first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 28, 2016
This was my first job, and that I had for the longest. I liked my coworkers and managers, and it was enjoyable. There were slow days, and some really busy. At this job, most times I was always kept busy. In retail you can't really stand around and do nothing.
Productive, fun, and room for growth.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90503March 8, 2016
A typical day at work is upbeat. All staff and managements are easy to work with. Helping customer to find what they need makes work easy.
Pros
flexible with schedules, discounts, environment
Cons
healthcare
All depends on what department you are working in
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2016
It all depends on the department you work in how this company will meet your needs. Some departments are great, others are questionable. Although there is plenty of talk of a work/life balance, rarely has it been implemented on a consistent basis.

If you like consistent work that varies little, then this is the ideal place to find it. They have done an amazing job of leveraging IT to work for the benefit of the company and employees. They have some the most forward thinking IT implementations I have ever experienced and that is their greatest strength.
Pros
Modern IT processes
Cons
Many shades of grey across different departments
Horrible place to work
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 13, 2015
Foriegn Exchange overworks and underpays you. The managers do not communicate anything of importance to the sale associates and they are unorganized. One of the worst thing about this company is that they do not offer their employees holiday pay for holidays worked. I myself have experienced this, the manger gave me the impression that we were going to receive holiday pay for working Thanksgiving night, and when get my pay check the following pay period it turns out the company does not offer holiday pay.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No Benefits, No Holiday Pay, Poor Communication
Good workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 9, 2015
Learn a lot while working,
and is very helpful in the development of the individual.
Friendly co-workers and good work hours.
I loved the team I worked with.
Store manager, Visuals (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 28, 2015
Had an amazing team. I has a set routine that I did day to day. Had the chance to work with buyers. Traveling to other location was always fun. Adding my own flare to my stores visuals through my own concepts was enjoyable. Had an awesome team of managers and key holders. My team was very dedicated and hard working. Made me proud to know that I helped a lot of them grow in the fashion industry through my selling techniques, and passion for fashion.
Pros
my team, traveling
Cons
no adavncements, no 401K, no holiday pay, no overtime, no severance pay
Looking to utilize my management skill elsewhere
Co-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 26, 2015
I was an active store manager at Foreign Exchange. I trained and developed all those under me. I do enjoy retail but want to try something different. I had a great and effective team. The location of the store where I worked at was shut down.
Foreign Exchange
Assistant Manager I.T (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Where I learned a lot about leadership and time management. I was required to multi-task different projects while still being able to attend to customers in need. Also learned how to handle big amounts of money, balancing out registers. Overall a good working experience!
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Great workplace with super nice co-workers and a positive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Serramonte Center, Daly City, CA.July 20, 2015
Foreign Exchange was a great place to work. Everyday was an achievement for me actually, because I was able to do things for the company and people who enjoyed its clothes that left everyone satisfied. That made me very content. I learned that work can give you progress within yourself working here, as you work each day is another day to improve. The management was great. My managers were super nice, always on the job, very focused and organized. They cared a lot for the staff. My co-workers were very friendly, reliable positive open minded workers. I got along with the staff very well, and they all benefitted me with tips on how I can become an even greater worker. Which I enjoyed. It doesn't seem like there was a challenge for me working there and I can't say it was challenging enough but I enjoyed it a lot for its environment, its people and clothing.
Pros
Outstanding coworkers, Great environment, Employees had a 40% discount