Foreign Exchange Employee Reviews

Great workplace with super nice co-workers and a positive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Serramonte Center, Daly City, CA.July 20, 2015
Pros: Outstanding coworkers, Great environment, Employees had a 40% discount
Cons: None
Foreign Exchange was a great place to work. Everyday was an achievement for me actually, because I was able to do things for the company and people who enjoyed its clothes that left everyone satisfied. That made me very content. I learned that work can give you progress within yourself working here, as you work each day is another day to improve. The management was great. My managers were super nice, always on the job, very focused and organized. They cared a lot for the staff. My co-workers were very friendly, reliable positive open minded workers. I got along with the staff very well, and they all benefitted me with tips on how I can become an even greater worker. Which I enjoyed. It doesn't seem like there was a challenge for me working there and I can't say it was challenging enough but I enjoyed it a lot for its environment, its people and clothing.
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: 40% Employee discount
If you are someone that loves to move forward and not be stuck in the same position then this company is not for you, because there's little opportunity to move up unless you have connections.
Fun Experience
CORPORATE FIELD VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 25, 2015
A great company for developing people and training people. Our employees seem to really enjoy working with us and always feel comfortable with their store employees.
We are not like most company's which I think sets us apart from others. We have the freedom to really bring out our creative side and bring our ideas together to really transform this company and its stores.
Good Vibes, Great Sales Approach, Outstanding Customer Service and Organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAApril 22, 2015
To be honest I was at Foreign Exchange for a minimal amount of time but even within that length of time I learned a lot thanks to the other workers providing that encouragement and help and as well as sharing their experiences while working for Foreign Ex.
Foreign Exchange Inc.
Logistics (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no growth opportunity
A typical day includes updating and entering PO’s using Retail Pro. I also work daily with external vendors to ensure the timely delivery of goods. I have learned how the world of logistics and inventory management works and what needs to be done to maintain proper workflow. The management and co workers are the typical kind you will find. Everyone is friendly and keeps to themselves for the most part doing their jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is staying up to date on the newest fashion trends and designs.
Productive yet fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver city west fields mallFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: salary plus commission if you were in the top 3 employees that month
During the weekends you will get the large crowds of costumers looking for the perfect dress to stand out in Vegas for example, and you are able to help them plan their outfits. I know it might sound silly but working at Foreign Exchange you would see how excited people get when they have the right outfit on and that was the best part of working retail. Co-workers were really easy going and helpful, since this was my first job. They were understanding of my school schedule which made it easier to do both. The hardest was folding as some might assume, I actually liked keeping busy, standing for four plus hours at the door was the toughest part because I preferred being active. Otherwise even that wasn't all that bad, I really enjoyed my working experience at Foreign Exchange.
Good work enviroment.
Lead sales (Current Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 6, 2015
Average day at work very calm enviroment ive learned to give the people the best customer service possible and learned responsibility's, our store has really good management. Co-workers are really reliable and we all have really good relationships. Hardest part was during holiday season. Most enjoyable is the people i work with.
Fun workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 23, 2014
Work was fun because of the positive vibes my co-workers and managers gave off.
productive, friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: people there are nice, friendly environment, great merchandise to chose from
Cons: customer service can vary
overall its a fun and productive place to work at. the people there are somewhat nice.
Productive and Good Learning Experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: managers brought lunch for everyone
Throughout the time working in Foreign Exchange, I learned to make goals and use time wisely. They taught me to be professional and how to give good customer service. Everyday at work was different and never boring. Our team was respectful and always looked forward to work each and everyday. The hardest part about this job is trying to meet our sales goal each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and seeing them walk out the store satisfied.
a clothing store that always has sale
Lead Salesperson (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: first info of the news fashion
Cons: mess all the time
i get to know the news fashion clothing. at foreign exchange i enjoy working at the fitting room the most. at fitting room is where i can really help and connetion with customer.
fun enviornment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
a day at foreign exchange consist of
highly energetic work environment
a lot of clothes upselling
I was management,
loved my co workers,
the hardest part of the job was
not getting enough hours
my favorite part of the job was working with people and helping them find the right outfit
Visual Team
Assitant Visual Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 26, 2014
- Visuals have changed since ive been there
- It was fun
- Got to be my own boss
- Loved being creative
- Great clothes!
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CA, Citadel,CaApril 24, 2014
Consistently seek to delight our customers and deliver exceptional customer service with a positive attitude. Influence customer buying decisions, by communicating information about the quality, value and style of Foreign exchange products including fit, fabric, and price. Introduced new products to prospective customers and met daily sales goals. Sold company product, gained experience in customer service, utilized communication skills.
Unorganized
Co Manager (Former Employee), Anonymous, USAApril 24, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in high volume environment
Cons: no benefits, non competitive pay, a company that does not care about employees and expects results without proper compensation.
The company has spent a lot of money with little thought in investing in their stores and staff. There is no such thing as words like "allocation, buyer specifics, pay raises, benefits, or training." Stores are expected to be slave ships, and lure people with families and bills into minimum wage positions with no benefits whatsoever. There is little communication within administration and there is no ranking system as far as promotions. These HR concerns are all determined by someone you have never met in CA. Company's main focus is visual, not investment, not people, not LP, but mannequins and face outs. I do not for see this company remaining successful with these types of motives. As management, I love the staff I built but it is difficult to pay undeserving workers minimum wage. I was told to pick to promote people that I pleaded with corporate that we're not at all ready to move up, train them and force them to "prove themselves" at their current minimum wage for months before corporate even considered raising wages. This resulted in employees walking off the job frustrated, overworked and underpaid. Turn in this company is very high and it continues due to inexperienced corporate operations and poor decisions.
Fun and enjoyable workplace.
Money Market Senior Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
A typical day for me at this job , was overly amazing , my co-workers were amazing and great people , and i've learned a lot form them. I learned how to Foreign Exchange , Excel , Investigation and many more.
love this job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMarch 27, 2014
Worked as a sales associate, providing each customer with recommendations and great customer service.
Cleaned the floor twice daily, as well as the dressing rooms and bathrooms.
Maintained all clothing products and accessories, while also following all store visuals provided by management.
Worked as a cashier, processing transactions. This also included opening and closing the daily till.
Counted stock daily, while also restocking shelves and accessories.
New Company
Assistant Manager Sales &Visual (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: a great learning experience.
Cons: no benefits
My typical day at work would normally start at 7am. I would focus on Visuals for the first 2 hrs then I would prepare to open at 9am. I would plan the goal for the day depending on where we were at for the week and month. I would manage a team of 26 by giving them daily goals, promotional updates, a area to cover and making sure they stayed on top of customer service and loss prevention issues. I did daily paper work/emails, customer service, returns exchanges and cash deposits. My Management team was great, except for my Store Manager. She couldn't speak, read or write in english. We did most of her work. This issue became very difficult at times. The best part is this gave management the opportunity to learn even more.
Great working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: no benefits
Employees at Foreign Exchange have aspirations with big dreams. FE management allows you to pursue your dreams by helping with scheduling
Fun environment in the workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 2, 2014
Since it is retail, providing costumer service is required. Also, maintaining the store clean and safe. We also try to avoid any loss prevention. My co-workers are fun and what makes the job enjoyable. the hardest part of the job is probably multitasking. the most fun part of the job is that you get to keep a smile on your face and meet new people.