Foreign Exchange Employee Reviews

All depends on what department you are working in
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2016
It all depends on the department you work in how this company will meet your needs. Some departments are great, others are questionable. Although there is plenty of talk of a work/life balance, rarely has it been implemented on a consistent basis.

If you like consistent work that varies little, then this is the ideal place to find it. They have done an amazing job of leveraging IT to work for the benefit of the company and employees. They have some the most forward thinking IT implementations I have ever experienced and that is their greatest strength.
Pros
Modern IT processes
Cons
Many shades of grey across different departments
Horrible place to work
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 13, 2015
Foriegn Exchange overworks and underpays you. The managers do not communicate anything of importance to the sale associates and they are unorganized. One of the worst thing about this company is that they do not offer their employees holiday pay for holidays worked. I myself have experienced this, the manger gave me the impression that we were going to receive holiday pay for working Thanksgiving night, and when get my pay check the following pay period it turns out the company does not offer holiday pay.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No Benefits, No Holiday Pay, Poor Communication
Productive, fun, and room for growth.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90503March 8, 2016
A typical day at work is upbeat. All staff and managements are easy to work with. Helping customer to find what they need makes work easy.
Pros
flexible with schedules, discounts, environment
Cons
healthcare
Great working environment
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is communicating with every guests that enters the store and aiding them on what they need and want. It is either for themselves or for someone else. This job requires communication skills and a super good and patient attitude.
went out of buissness
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2016
gave alot to this company but got back very little. I really stuff because things are great, French fries are yummy thanks mother mary.
Pros
upbeat enviorment
Cons
bad managment
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 13, 2016
Staying active and helping customers makes the time go by much faster than you would think. And the style of clothes are always a great quality.
I loved the team I worked with.
Store manager, Visuals (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 28, 2015
Had an amazing team. I has a set routine that I did day to day. Had the chance to work with buyers. Traveling to other location was always fun. Adding my own flare to my stores visuals through my own concepts was enjoyable. Had an awesome team of managers and key holders. My team was very dedicated and hard working. Made me proud to know that I helped a lot of them grow in the fashion industry through my selling techniques, and passion for fashion.
Pros
my team, traveling
Cons
no adavncements, no 401K, no holiday pay, no overtime, no severance pay
New Company
Assistant Manager Sales &Visual (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2014
My typical day at work would normally start at 7am. I would focus on Visuals for the first 2 hrs then I would prepare to open at 9am. I would plan the goal for the day depending on where we were at for the week and month. I would manage a team of 26 by giving them daily goals, promotional updates, a area to cover and making sure they stayed on top of customer service and loss prevention issues. I did daily paper work/emails, customer service, returns exchanges and cash deposits. My Management team was great, except for my Store Manager. She couldn't speak, read or write in english. We did most of her work. This issue became very difficult at times. The best part is this gave management the opportunity to learn even more.
Pros
a great learning experience.
Cons
no benefits
Foreign Exchange Inc.
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day includes updating and entering PO’s using Retail Pro. I also work daily with external vendors to ensure the timely delivery of goods. I have learned how the world of logistics and inventory management works and what needs to be done to maintain proper workflow. The management and co workers are the typical kind you will find. Everyone is friendly and keeps to themselves for the most part doing their jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is staying up to date on the newest fashion trends and designs.
benefits
Cons
no growth opportunity
Great workplace with super nice co-workers and a positive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Serramonte Center, Daly City, CA.July 20, 2015
Foreign Exchange was a great place to work. Everyday was an achievement for me actually, because I was able to do things for the company and people who enjoyed its clothes that left everyone satisfied. That made me very content. I learned that work can give you progress within yourself working here, as you work each day is another day to improve. The management was great. My managers were super nice, always on the job, very focused and organized. They cared a lot for the staff. My co-workers were very friendly, reliable positive open minded workers. I got along with the staff very well, and they all benefitted me with tips on how I can become an even greater worker. Which I enjoyed. It doesn't seem like there was a challenge for me working there and I can't say it was challenging enough but I enjoyed it a lot for its environment, its people and clothing.
Pros
Outstanding coworkers, Great environment, Employees had a 40% discount
Cons
Productive work place emphasizing customer service.
Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaAugust 20, 2013
Foreign Exchange has a good environment about it. I enjoy all of my co-workers and we have a good time at work while still being focused on completing our tasks at hand. The typical day consists of coming in and making sure the store is making sales and keeping a clean environment. I mostly work with customers and ring up the items they are purchasing. The management team focuses on checking the emails to see what updates our store needs, and I sometimes take part in these tasks. The hardest part of the job is when we are low on pay roll hours and we get busy, so there is not a lot of employees to keep up the store's maintenance. The best part of the job is knowing I have a good team working with me if I ever need assistance.
Pros
good management, great workers, contests with prizes
Cons
no benefits like healthcare, and short shifts (4 hours)
Fun place to work at but could be better
Key Holder/Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2014
This company is good place to work at. Management team are bringing new ideas to the table and helping associates with sales and train them on daily basis to meet their individual goals.

There are some issues at this company, that as an associate might not concern you as much as top management or executive, those are ways to improve this company. Such as forecasting, Inventory waste management, Better investment decisions, Stronger staffing & acquisition and many more. As new company they are doing good job but with better work and better decisions has potential to be outstanding.

For associates:
Our management staff are always helpful and want to help you grow. Incentives vice: Associates can be eligible for our low cost insurance after working certain hours, but not worth to apply. Other incentives are not available to part-time workers but only to executive & full time exempt. If you work hard and shine, career development opportunities are available and managers will help you throughout this process & decision. Raise & promotions are more satisfying than our competitors such as F21, H&M.

Overall, you have to think whether this job matches your personality. Although, we have fun environment and friendly managers with great deal of flexibility, however, there are rules, policies and daily tasks that must be performed.
Unorganized
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Anonymous, USAApril 24, 2014
The company has spent a lot of money with little thought in investing in their stores and staff. There is no such thing as words like "allocation, buyer specifics, pay raises, benefits, or training." Stores are expected to be slave ships, and lure people with families and bills into minimum wage positions with no benefits whatsoever. There is little communication within administration and there is no ranking system as far as promotions. These HR concerns are all determined by someone you have never met in CA. Company's main focus is visual, not investment, not people, not LP, but mannequins and face outs. I do not for see this company remaining successful with these types of motives. As management, I love the staff I built but it is difficult to pay undeserving workers minimum wage. I was told to pick to promote people that I pleaded with corporate that we're not at all ready to move up, train them and force them to "prove themselves" at their current minimum wage for months before corporate even considered raising wages. This resulted in employees walking off the job frustrated, overworked and underpaid. Turn in this company is very high and it continues due to inexperienced corporate operations and poor decisions.
Pros
opportunity to work in high volume environment
Cons
no benefits, non competitive pay, a company that does not care about employees and expects results without proper compensation.
Foreign Exchange
Assistant Manager I.T (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Where I learned a lot about leadership and time management. I was required to multi-task different projects while still being able to attend to customers in need. Also learned how to handle big amounts of money, balancing out registers. Overall a good working experience!
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Productive yet fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver city west fields mallFebruary 5, 2015
During the weekends you will get the large crowds of costumers looking for the perfect dress to stand out in Vegas for example, and you are able to help them plan their outfits. I know it might sound silly but working at Foreign Exchange you would see how excited people get when they have the right outfit on and that was the best part of working retail. Co-workers were really easy going and helpful, since this was my first job. They were understanding of my school schedule which made it easier to do both. The hardest was folding as some might assume, I actually liked keeping busy, standing for four plus hours at the door was the toughest part because I preferred being active. Otherwise even that wasn't all that bad, I really enjoyed my working experience at Foreign Exchange.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
salary plus commission if you were in the top 3 employees that month
Looking to utilize my management skill elsewhere
Co-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 26, 2015
I was an active store manager at Foreign Exchange. I trained and developed all those under me. I do enjoy retail but want to try something different. I had a great and effective team. The location of the store where I worked at was shut down.
Great working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 3, 2014
Employees at Foreign Exchange have aspirations with big dreams. FE management allows you to pursue your dreams by helping with scheduling
Pros
great discount
Cons
no benefits
Good workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 9, 2015
Learn a lot while working,
and is very helpful in the development of the individual.
Friendly co-workers and good work hours.
Good work enviroment.
Lead sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 6, 2015
Average day at work very calm enviroment ive learned to give the people the best customer service possible and learned responsibility's, our store has really good management. Co-workers are really reliable and we all have really good relationships. Hardest part was during holiday season. Most enjoyable is the people i work with.
love this job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 27, 2014
Worked as a sales associate, providing each customer with recommendations and great customer service.
Cleaned the floor twice daily, as well as the dressing rooms and bathrooms.
Maintained all clothing products and accessories, while also following all store visuals provided by management.
Worked as a cashier, processing transactions. This also included opening and closing the daily till.
Counted stock daily, while also restocking shelves and accessories.