Foreign Exchange

Foreign Exchange United States Employee Reviews

Productive yet fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver city west fields mallFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: salary plus commission if you were in the top 3 employees that month
During the weekends you will get the large crowds of costumers looking for the perfect dress to stand out in Vegas for example, and you are able to help them plan their outfits. I know it might sound silly but working at Foreign Exchange you would see how excited people get when they have the right outfit on and that was the best part of working retail. Co-workers were really easy going and helpful, since this was my first job. They were understanding of my school schedule which made it easier to do both. The hardest was folding as some might assume, I actually liked keeping busy, standing for four plus hours at the door was the toughest part because I preferred being active. Otherwise even that wasn't all that bad, I really enjoyed my working experience at Foreign Exchange.
Good work enviroment.
Lead sales (Current Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 6, 2015
Average day at work very calm enviroment ive learned to give the people the best customer service possible and learned responsibility's, our store has really good management. Co-workers are really reliable and we all have really good relationships. Hardest part was during holiday season. Most enjoyable is the people i work with.
Fun workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 23, 2014
Work was fun because of the positive vibes my co-workers and managers gave off.
productive, friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: people there are nice, friendly environment, great merchandise to chose from
Cons: customer service can vary
overall its a fun and productive place to work at. the people there are somewhat nice.
Productive and Good Learning Experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: managers brought lunch for everyone
Throughout the time working in Foreign Exchange, I learned to make goals and use time wisely. They taught me to be professional and how to give good customer service. Everyday at work was different and never boring. Our team was respectful and always looked forward to work each and everyday. The hardest part about this job is trying to meet our sales goal each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and seeing them walk out the store satisfied.
a clothing store that always has sale
Lead Salesperson (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: first info of the news fashion
Cons: mess all the time
i get to know the news fashion clothing. at foreign exchange i enjoy working at the fitting room the most. at fitting room is where i can really help and connetion with customer.
fun enviornment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
a day at foreign exchange consist of
highly energetic work environment
a lot of clothes upselling
I was management,
loved my co workers,
the hardest part of the job was
not getting enough hours
my favorite part of the job was working with people and helping them find the right outfit
Visual Team
Assitant Visual Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 26, 2014
- Visuals have changed since ive been there
- It was fun
- Got to be my own boss
- Loved being creative
- Great clothes!
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CA, Citadel,CaApril 24, 2014
Consistently seek to delight our customers and deliver exceptional customer service with a positive attitude. Influence customer buying decisions, by communicating information about the quality, value and style of Foreign exchange products including fit, fabric, and price. Introduced new products to prospective customers and met daily sales goals. Sold company product, gained experience in customer service, utilized communication skills.
Unorganized
Co Manager (Former Employee), Anonymous, USAApril 24, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in high volume environment
Cons: no benefits, non competitive pay, a company that does not care about employees and expects results without proper compensation.
The company has spent a lot of money with little thought in investing in their stores and staff. There is no such thing as words like "allocation, buyer specifics, pay raises, benefits, or training." Stores are expected to be slave ships, and lure people with families and bills into minimum wage positions with no benefits whatsoever. There is little communication within administration and there is no ranking system as far as promotions. These HR concerns are all determined by someone you have never met in CA. Company's main focus is visual, not investment, not people, not LP, but mannequins and face outs. I do not for see this company remaining successful with these types of motives. As management, I love the staff I built but it is difficult to pay undeserving workers minimum wage. I was told to pick to promote people that I pleaded with corporate that we're not at all ready to move up, train them and force them to "prove themselves" at their current minimum wage for months before corporate even considered raising wages. This resulted in employees walking off the job frustrated, overworked and underpaid. Turn in this company is very high and it continues due to inexperienced corporate operations and poor decisions.
Fun and enjoyable workplace.
Money Market Senior Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
A typical day for me at this job , was overly amazing , my co-workers were amazing and great people , and i've learned a lot form them. I learned how to Foreign Exchange , Excel , Investigation and many more.
love this job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMarch 27, 2014
Worked as a sales associate, providing each customer with recommendations and great customer service.
Cleaned the floor twice daily, as well as the dressing rooms and bathrooms.
Maintained all clothing products and accessories, while also following all store visuals provided by management.
Worked as a cashier, processing transactions. This also included opening and closing the daily till.
Counted stock daily, while also restocking shelves and accessories.
New Company
Assistant Manager Sales &Visual (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: a great learning experience.
Cons: no benefits
My typical day at work would normally start at 7am. I would focus on Visuals for the first 2 hrs then I would prepare to open at 9am. I would plan the goal for the day depending on where we were at for the week and month. I would manage a team of 26 by giving them daily goals, promotional updates, a area to cover and making sure they stayed on top of customer service and loss prevention issues. I did daily paper work/emails, customer service, returns exchanges and cash deposits. My Management team was great, except for my Store Manager. She couldn't speak, read or write in english. We did most of her work. This issue became very difficult at times. The best part is this gave management the opportunity to learn even more.
Great working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: no benefits
Employees at Foreign Exchange have aspirations with big dreams. FE management allows you to pursue your dreams by helping with scheduling
Fun environment in the workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 2, 2014
Since it is retail, providing costumer service is required. Also, maintaining the store clean and safe. We also try to avoid any loss prevention. My co-workers are fun and what makes the job enjoyable. the hardest part of the job is probably multitasking. the most fun part of the job is that you get to keep a smile on your face and meet new people.
LOVED THIS JOB
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great co workers and management
Cons: little pay
Great working environment very professional, everybody communicated very well with each other. Which mad the job very easy and comfortable
The best place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: customers, discount
Cons: no advancement
The best place to work if you want a long term position and are going to school. they didnt give that many hours,they really taught you how to service the customer. the managers were young and knowledgeable of trends. Hardest part was not advancing. The best part is just working there
Okay job to work in
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: high discount, clean environment, chill
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
a typical day at work would be that you clock in read your goals for the day and then just fix the merchandise while keeping an eye out for customers walking in. Always making sure that the customers are always greeted. What I've learned is to be confident and knowledgeable of the stores products. My co-workers are ok, most of the time we don't chat unless it's work related. Otherwise we are just simply quiet and doing our job. The hardest part of the job is to up-sale to a customer. If your the one that doesn't like putting pressure on the customers to buy more what they came for, then it's not the place for you. Also whats hard is to keep busy during the weekdays. I mean for hours you would be cleaning and no customers would show up, but if your caught just standing around, you get a warning or a write up. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can wear almost anything to work and that its a clean environment. Meeting new people everyday is also fun because you learn new styles that people enjoy wearing everyday.
Fun place to work at but could be better
Key Holder/Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2014
This company is good place to work at. Management team are bringing new ideas to the table and helping associates with sales and train them on daily basis to meet their individual goals.

There are some issues at this company, that as an associate might not concern you as much as top management or executive, those are ways to improve this company. Such as forecasting, Inventory waste management, Better investment decisions, Stronger staffing & acquisition and many more. As new company they are doing good job but with better work and better decisions has potential to be outstanding.

For associates:
Our management staff are always helpful and want to help you grow. Incentives vice: Associates can be eligible for our low cost insurance after working certain hours, but not worth to apply. Other incentives are not available to part-time workers but only to executive & full time exempt. If you work hard and shine, career development opportunities are available and managers will help you throughout this process & decision. Raise & promotions are more satisfying than our competitors such as F21, H&M.

Overall, you have to think whether this job matches your personality. Although, we have fun environment and friendly managers with great deal of flexibility, however, there are rules, policies and daily tasks that must be performed.
Productive work place emphasizing customer service.
Lead Sales (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CaAugust 20, 2013
Pros: good management, great workers, contests with prizes
Cons: no benefits like healthcare, and short shifts (4 hours)
Foreign Exchange has a good environment about it. I enjoy all of my co-workers and we have a good time at work while still being focused on completing our tasks at hand. The typical day consists of coming in and making sure the store is making sales and keeping a clean environment. I mostly work with customers and ring up the items they are purchasing. The management team focuses on checking the emails to see what updates our store needs, and I sometimes take part in these tasks. The hardest part of the job is when we are low on pay roll hours and we get busy, so there is not a lot of employees to keep up the store's maintenance. The best part of the job is knowing I have a good team working with me if I ever need assistance.

Foreign Exchange Salaries