Foremost Farms

Foremost Farms Employee Reviews

Very poor communication and accountability.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Sparta, WIJune 10, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
It was the worst work experience of my life. There was no accountability for workers who did not do their job. They relied heavily on the few that did do their job. The pay and benefits were satisfactory but not worth the insufficiencies in supervisor communication and accountability. The plant itself is an old dreary plant and the break room was basically a hallway where all traffic to the plant would travel through. The work itself was not overly strenuous but once again not enough to make up for the many deficiencies.
Very friendly co-workers and sufficient training department.
Warehouse Administration (Former Employee), Rothschild, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very good insurance package.
Cons: management turnover.
Foremost was the only company I worked for that had a "Starters Day" where you went to the Corporate Office and spent the day meeting all of the departments and learning about the history and planned growth goals for the company. It made you feed very important in the future of the company.

One particular challenge was the large turnover of management at our location in a short period of time.

Foremost had a nice company picnic in the summer and a great Christmas party. The company also had great safety incentives.
Good pay, weak management, scant reinvestment
Laborer (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Old-fashioned company, for better and worse. Full-time employees are paid pretty well, but firm won't spend on improvements unless it absolutely has no choice.
This was a good place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Reedsburg, WINovember 30, 2014
Pros: good pay. good environment
The work day was generally enjoyable and many tasks were a good learning experiance. The training was generally from previous employees and outside contractors.
The management was generally good.
the hardest part was some sewer work under groundt
The most enjoyable part was having a challenge to figure out different
problems and fixing them.
Many co-workers were great and helpful, but my supervisor did not help me and was always negative
Field Representative (Former Employee), Clayton, WIJune 15, 2014
Pros: set my own schedule for the week
Cons: not very family friendly company
Worked one on one with the farmers to solve any issues that came up on the farm. The best part of my job was talking with farmers and helping them getting their milk quality in check so they received more money for their milk. The hardest part of my job was my supervisor not appreciating the work I did and not being very helpful.
Swing Shift
Extra Operator (Current Employee), Rothschild, WIApril 20, 2014
Pros: pay, vacations
Cons: paying union dues
Not getting used to swing shift, paying union dues to watch the lazy people.
Worst Place to Work
Production worker (Current Employee), Rothschild, WIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: money is okay
Cons: everything i said in review plus long hours
If you love yourself and your family don't come to work here. Management plays favorites and if you are on his make an example of hit list it will be a long day. They really have no concern for the employee, like the other review states it as close to paid slavery just don't carry a badge but a punch in the clock number. DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!!! Watch your back everyday.

The coworkers are good for the most part. But it is a hostile atmosphere daily.

Wait till you see the men's locker room and break room it is dirty and disrespectful to the employees. Hobos by a burn barrel is better than we have.
Great Benifits
Vacation 1 Relief Operator (Former Employee), Cochrane, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: saftey incentives, the plant won 1st place and a couple 2nd & 3rd places for cheeses made at dairy expo's
Cons: very warm and muggy in summer and constantly 80-90 in the winter
My typical day varied from what job I was on that day I could either be on a job bring in the milk from haulers, making cheese, cleaning up after running cheese or running equipment to make other products from the whey left over from making cheese.
I learned every job in 2 1/2 years no one else learned every job in the plant in 37 years of it being open.
EFV's were the hardest job there a lot of squatting in tight places and heavy equipment to put on to get cheese out.
I got along with my co-workers very well many if not all would help you out and then in return you would help them out on their job functions.
Most enjoyable job was intake where we would bring milk in from haulers very nice in the summer because of all the fresh air, but a little chilly in winter but overall my favorite job in the plant.
I truly enjoyed the challenges to meet sales and financial goals that existed with this company.
Senior Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Baraboo, WIFebruary 25, 2014
I am a self-starter with a solid work ethic. I don't consider a job done at the end of the day, but will continue to work until it is complete, no matter what time of the day.

Having been involved in sales and management activities for my entire working career, I know what it takes to achieve objectives and get the job done as it needs to be done.

Besides my strong work ethic, my strongest asset is my integrity and honesty.
I'm a let's get in done a type of guy
Maintenance PLC programer (Current Employee), Plover, WIDecember 17, 2013
Pros: little or no micro management
Cons: no chance for advancement
My job is a enjoyable challenge everyday. But in order to advance I must look for change
I found career advancement and good people to work with.
Manager (Current Employee), BarabooMay 20, 2013
I enjoy working at Foremost Farms! I have had a steady progression of positions with increased responsibilities which have enabled me to grow both as an employee and as a person. The people are fun to work with and the company places real value on Safety and Quality.
Enjoy the job!
Benefits & Wellness Manager (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIMay 17, 2013
For me, one of the best things about working at Foremost Farms is the people I get to work with. The people here natually create a positive work environment and great company culture.
Opportunity Abounds!
Manager (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIMay 17, 2013
Pros: opportunities for advancement, challenging & rewarding work, great co-workers!
Foremost Farms USA has been a wonderful fit for me. With my long-term career goals in mind, I have had opportunities for talent & leadership development as well as the opportunity to challenge myself with new & interesting projects and initiatives – all things that will help me develop into my future career goals with Foremost Farms USA.
Great work-place culture and friendly co-workers
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIMay 16, 2013
Pros: people, office location, surrounding scenic countryside.
Cons: wi taxes :( but at least you have access to lots of natural beauty
We moved here from out of state and were warmly accepted into the Foremost Farms culture. We love the surrounding area which has beautiful rolling country side with lots of state parks and scenic views. The coop is small enough to feel your efforts make a positive impact on the business, yet large enough to have at your disposal good resources to do your job.
Great co-workers but management had dictator style of leadership
Production Associate (Former Employee), Rothschild, WIOctober 18, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: seemed like management people were constantly looking for someone to dicipline
In one year I saw 2 hourly people get fired, 2 management people fired, 2 or 3 never made it past probabtion, and probably a dozen received suspensions. Fortunately I was not one of them. Many OSHA violations, and senior management unwilling to cooperate to resolve problems in a timely manner. Very "tight" with their money to improve employee conditions
Not much family time
Second Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 18, 2012
Pros: enjoyed work.
Cons: not a good balance for family life
Not there long was off shift supervisor had very little time with family and left for that reason. Did enjoy co-workers and the work there.

About Foremost Farms

All the ingredients to succeed Foremost Farms USA® is one of the nation’s top 100 food and beverage companies, with – Read more

Foremost Farms Salaries