Foremost Farms Employee Reviews

Last Resort
Dryer Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIMay 24, 2017
no family time, no sleep, no respect for employees, no life but work. Only apply if its your only option. Money is ok.... Ins is good. That's about it
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Worst Place to work for...
Bagger/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIMay 22, 2017
I worked frm June 2016 and I couldnt take it anymore lasted for 3wks...Its always 100+degrees and you're sweating like crazy...they have Air conditioning but doesnt even help at all...the men's bathroom/locker room is soo disgusting...its a very fast pace job always lifting 25lbs+ of powder bags. If you dont keep up filling up the bags on a constant fast pace you'll fall behind and once u fall behind you're screwed. SooO much paper work to fill while your filling up the 25lbs bags its ridiculous constant doing test samples on the flow of the job dont even have time to fill your paperwork. You'll never move up the ladder chain cuz your the bottom of seniority. Pay rate sucked starting @$13hr+..max pay is $19-20hr. You rotate shifts every week..u get 1wkend off out of 4wks...Coworkers are okay to work with depends who's training you or soo. Managements dont do anything at all. All they do is sit in the Air Condition office and talk all day. Don't ever work there you will regret it!!
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Everything!!!
Work/Life Balance is out of control
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIApril 27, 2017
Work has to be your whole life in this place. From the top down, thinking about work when you wake up, go to sleep, and unfortunately dreamland as well! I loved the challenge and learning and management has a plan to revamp all of their outdated thinking and processes.

Management and union staff struggle with not enough help!
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, plenty of overtime available
Cons
Little to no advancement, small team struggles, plenty of overtime available
No family time
Shift Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIMarch 19, 2017
Southern swing shift. Get 1 weekend off per month. Get unexpected overtime. New management every few years. No retirement benefits with failing pension.
Ok place
Operator/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Ok place to work for. The people that work there make it enjoyable. I ended up learning a lot at this company. The hour differ between what job you have.
great and friendly atmosphere
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 12, 2016
All the people were friendly and eager to help with and questions. My boss was fair and treated me like a professional. I was able to work independently and received praises for the good work i did.
Average
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 28, 2016
Drive 300+ miles per day to deliver dairy products to business and convenient stores. Management was OK, but was very archaic and would not progress into this century. Customers made this job enjoyable and interesting.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Not forward thinking
Foremost Farms
Vacaton Releif (start everyone after hire) (Former Employee) –  Clayton, WIJuly 7, 2016
Double shifts everyday! Endless call in's on days off. No vacation. Unlikely to get a permanent position other that vacation relief operator.
Good wages and benefits
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Milan, WIJune 10, 2016
The Wages are competitive and the Benefits are good at the Foremost Farms Plant in Milan, WI. The employee working there are good co workers.
Axis of Evil
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  RothschildJune 3, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

This employer will ruin you and your family. There is no care for the employees and even the union stewards are fence sitters and play both sides. You will spend so much time at work which includes 3 out of 4 weekends there but all holidays. Christmas isn't even Sacred. There is never a enjoyable work day, you will need to schedule a chiropractor exam from always looking over your shoulder. The management staff is all about themselves and they lack class and character.

The Good is the co-workers.

The BAD is a list so long I would have to have carpel tunnel surgery to type all of it and I still wouldn't be finished.
Pros
Pay is alright Co-workers
Cons
Management is Horrible in all facets of the facility
Nice place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 26, 2016
Kept busy, diversity in workload on a daily basis, nice co-workers and pleasant work environment.
Enjoyed my workday at Foremost
People were great, very good pay.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2015
Very fun people, hours were great, and good pay. You get days off but also work weekends and have a lot of overtime. Really easy work, with a lot of room to improve.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
Forced overtime
not a family place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WINovember 3, 2015
Don't plane on having a life or family time. Management was horrible union dose nothing for u. Its just not a good place to work
Good Start
Preventive Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 15, 2015
Great company to start for, needed a change of view but I would recommend to anyone though. Good people, union environment is a tough place to work.
A typical day at work
Office (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WIAugust 12, 2015
Most of my day was working at a desk. Same workload everyday with little variety. Nice coworkers and management. Good atmosphere to work in.
Very poor communication and accountability.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJune 10, 2015
It was the worst work experience of my life. There was no accountability for workers who did not do their job. They relied heavily on the few that did do their job. The pay and benefits were satisfactory but not worth the insufficiencies in supervisor communication and accountability. The plant itself is an old dreary plant and the break room was basically a hallway where all traffic to the plant would travel through. The work itself was not overly strenuous but once again not enough to make up for the many deficiencies.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Very friendly co-workers and sufficient training department.
Warehouse Administration (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Foremost was the only company I worked for that had a "Starters Day" where you went to the Corporate Office and spent the day meeting all of the departments and learning about the history and planned growth goals for the company. It made you feed very important in the future of the company.

One particular challenge was the large turnover of management at our location in a short period of time.

Foremost had a nice company picnic in the summer and a great Christmas party. The company also had great safety incentives.
Pros
Very good insurance package.
Cons
Management turnover.
Good pay, weak management, scant reinvestment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Old-fashioned company, for better and worse. Full-time employees are paid pretty well, but firm won't spend on improvements unless it absolutely has no choice.
This was a good place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WINovember 30, 2014
The work day was generally enjoyable and many tasks were a good learning experiance. The training was generally from previous employees and outside contractors.
The management was generally good.
the hardest part was some sewer work under groundt
The most enjoyable part was having a challenge to figure out different
problems and fixing them.
Pros
Good pay. Good environment
Many co-workers were great and helpful, but my supervisor did not help me and was always negative
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Clayton, WIJune 15, 2014
Worked one on one with the farmers to solve any issues that came up on the farm. The best part of my job was talking with farmers and helping them getting their milk quality in check so they received more money for their milk. The hardest part of my job was my supervisor not appreciating the work I did and not being very helpful.
Pros
Set my own schedule for the week
Cons
Not very family friendly company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foremost Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6