Foremost Farms Employee Reviews in United States

Good wages and benefits
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Milan, WIJune 10, 2016
The Wages are competitive and the Benefits are good at the Foremost Farms Plant in Milan, WI. The employee working there are good co workers.
Axis of Evil
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  RothschildJune 3, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

This employer will ruin you and your family. There is no care for the employees and even the union stewards are fence sitters and play both sides. You will spend so much time at work which includes 3 out of 4 weekends there but all holidays. Christmas isn't even Sacred. There is never a enjoyable work day, you will need to schedule a chiropractor exam from always looking over your shoulder. The management staff is all about themselves and they lack class and character.

The Good is the co-workers.

The BAD is a list so long I would have to have carpel tunnel surgery to type all of it and I still wouldn't be finished.
Pros
Pay is alright Co-workers
Cons
Management is Horrible in all facets of the facility
Nice place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 26, 2016
Kept busy, diversity in workload on a daily basis, nice co-workers and pleasant work environment.
Enjoyed my workday at Foremost
People were great, very good pay.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2015
Very fun people, hours were great, and good pay. You get days off but also work weekends and have a lot of overtime. Really easy work, with a lot of room to improve.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
Forced overtime
not a family place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WINovember 3, 2015
Don't plane on having a life or family time. Management was horrible union dose nothing for u. Its just not a good place to work
Good Start
Preventive Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 15, 2015
Great company to start for, needed a change of view but I would recommend to anyone though. Good people, union environment is a tough place to work.
A typical day at work
Office (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WIAugust 12, 2015
Most of my day was working at a desk. Same workload everyday with little variety. Nice coworkers and management. Good atmosphere to work in.
Very poor communication and accountability.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJune 10, 2015
It was the worst work experience of my life. There was no accountability for workers who did not do their job. They relied heavily on the few that did do their job. The pay and benefits were satisfactory but not worth the insufficiencies in supervisor communication and accountability. The plant itself is an old dreary plant and the break room was basically a hallway where all traffic to the plant would travel through. The work itself was not overly strenuous but once again not enough to make up for the many deficiencies.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Very friendly co-workers and sufficient training department.
Warehouse Administration (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Foremost was the only company I worked for that had a "Starters Day" where you went to the Corporate Office and spent the day meeting all of the departments and learning about the history and planned growth goals for the company. It made you feed very important in the future of the company.

One particular challenge was the large turnover of management at our location in a short period of time.

Foremost had a nice company picnic in the summer and a great Christmas party. The company also had great safety incentives.
Pros
very good insurance package.
Cons
management turnover.
Good pay, weak management, scant reinvestment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Old-fashioned company, for better and worse. Full-time employees are paid pretty well, but firm won't spend on improvements unless it absolutely has no choice.
This was a good place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WINovember 30, 2014
The work day was generally enjoyable and many tasks were a good learning experiance. The training was generally from previous employees and outside contractors.
The management was generally good.
the hardest part was some sewer work under groundt
The most enjoyable part was having a challenge to figure out different
problems and fixing them.
Pros
good pay. good environment
Many co-workers were great and helpful, but my supervisor did not help me and was always negative
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Clayton, WIJune 15, 2014
Worked one on one with the farmers to solve any issues that came up on the farm. The best part of my job was talking with farmers and helping them getting their milk quality in check so they received more money for their milk. The hardest part of my job was my supervisor not appreciating the work I did and not being very helpful.
Pros
set my own schedule for the week
Cons
not very family friendly company
Swing Shift
Extra Operator (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIApril 20, 2014
Not getting used to swing shift, paying union dues to watch the lazy people.
Pros
pay, vacations
Cons
paying union dues
Great Benifits
Vacation 1 Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, WIMarch 10, 2014
My typical day varied from what job I was on that day I could either be on a job bring in the milk from haulers, making cheese, cleaning up after running cheese or running equipment to make other products from the whey left over from making cheese.
I learned every job in 2 1/2 years no one else learned every job in the plant in 37 years of it being open.
EFV's were the hardest job there a lot of squatting in tight places and heavy equipment to put on to get cheese out.
I got along with my co-workers very well many if not all would help you out and then in return you would help them out on their job functions.
Most enjoyable job was intake where we would bring milk in from haulers very nice in the summer because of all the fresh air, but a little chilly in winter but overall my favorite job in the plant.
Pros
saftey incentives, the plant won 1st place and a couple 2nd & 3rd places for cheeses made at dairy expo's
Cons
very warm and muggy in summer and constantly 80-90 in the winter
I truly enjoyed the challenges to meet sales and financial goals that existed with this company.
Senior Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIFebruary 25, 2014
I am a self-starter with a solid work ethic. I don't consider a job done at the end of the day, but will continue to work until it is complete, no matter what time of the day.

Having been involved in sales and management activities for my entire working career, I know what it takes to achieve objectives and get the job done as it needs to be done.

Besides my strong work ethic, my strongest asset is my integrity and honesty.
i dunno i was wrong about this place
CHEESE PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  CHILTON,WINovember 4, 2013
Worked here 7 months .Didnt get hired on. Thought this place was family oriented.I was hard worker,lack of credit.Corperate said no to me.Co workers liked me me and wanted me hired on.They use temps like dogs on a leash here.
Pros
lots of hrs
Cons
bad management
I found career advancement and good people to work with.
Manager (Current Employee) –  BarabooMay 20, 2013
I enjoy working at Foremost Farms! I have had a steady progression of positions with increased responsibilities which have enabled me to grow both as an employee and as a person. The people are fun to work with and the company places real value on Safety and Quality.
Enjoy the job!
Benefits & Wellness Manager (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMay 17, 2013
For me, one of the best things about working at Foremost Farms is the people I get to work with. The people here natually create a positive work environment and great company culture.
Opportunity Abounds!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMay 17, 2013
Foremost Farms USA has been a wonderful fit for me. With my long-term career goals in mind, I have had opportunities for talent & leadership development as well as the opportunity to challenge myself with new & interesting projects and initiatives – all things that will help me develop into my future career goals with Foremost Farms USA.
Pros
opportunities for advancement, challenging & rewarding work, great co-workers!
Great work-place culture and friendly co-workers
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMay 16, 2013
We moved here from out of state and were warmly accepted into the Foremost Farms culture. We love the surrounding area which has beautiful rolling country side with lots of state parks and scenic views. The coop is small enough to feel your efforts make a positive impact on the business, yet large enough to have at your disposal good resources to do your job.
Pros
people, office location, surrounding scenic countryside.
Cons
wi taxes :( but at least you have access to lots of natural beauty