Foremost Farms Employee Reviews

No family time
Shift Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIMarch 19, 2017
Southern swing shift. Get 1 weekend off per month. Get unexpected overtime. New management every few years. No retirement benefits with failing pension.
Ok place
Operator/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Ok place to work for. The people that work there make it enjoyable. I ended up learning a lot at this company. The hour differ between what job you have.
great and friendly atmosphere
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 12, 2016
All the people were friendly and eager to help with and questions. My boss was fair and treated me like a professional. I was able to work independently and received praises for the good work i did.
Average
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 28, 2016
Drive 300+ miles per day to deliver dairy products to business and convenient stores. Management was OK, but was very archaic and would not progress into this century. Customers made this job enjoyable and interesting.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Not forward thinking
Foremost Farms
Vacaton Releif (start everyone after hire) (Former Employee) –  Clayton, WIJuly 7, 2016
Double shifts everyday! Endless call in's on days off. No vacation. Unlikely to get a permanent position other that vacation relief operator.
Good wages and benefits
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Milan, WIJune 10, 2016
The Wages are competitive and the Benefits are good at the Foremost Farms Plant in Milan, WI. The employee working there are good co workers.
Axis of Evil
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  RothschildJune 3, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

This employer will ruin you and your family. There is no care for the employees and even the union stewards are fence sitters and play both sides. You will spend so much time at work which includes 3 out of 4 weekends there but all holidays. Christmas isn't even Sacred. There is never a enjoyable work day, you will need to schedule a chiropractor exam from always looking over your shoulder. The management staff is all about themselves and they lack class and character.

The Good is the co-workers.

The BAD is a list so long I would have to have carpel tunnel surgery to type all of it and I still wouldn't be finished.
Pros
Pay is alright Co-workers
Cons
Management is Horrible in all facets of the facility
Nice place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 26, 2016
Kept busy, diversity in workload on a daily basis, nice co-workers and pleasant work environment.
Enjoyed my workday at Foremost
People were great, very good pay.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2015
Very fun people, hours were great, and good pay. You get days off but also work weekends and have a lot of overtime. Really easy work, with a lot of room to improve.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
Forced overtime
not a family place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WINovember 3, 2015
Don't plane on having a life or family time. Management was horrible union dose nothing for u. Its just not a good place to work
Good Start
Preventive Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 15, 2015
Great company to start for, needed a change of view but I would recommend to anyone though. Good people, union environment is a tough place to work.
A typical day at work
Office (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WIAugust 12, 2015
Most of my day was working at a desk. Same workload everyday with little variety. Nice coworkers and management. Good atmosphere to work in.
Very poor communication and accountability.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJune 10, 2015
It was the worst work experience of my life. There was no accountability for workers who did not do their job. They relied heavily on the few that did do their job. The pay and benefits were satisfactory but not worth the insufficiencies in supervisor communication and accountability. The plant itself is an old dreary plant and the break room was basically a hallway where all traffic to the plant would travel through. The work itself was not overly strenuous but once again not enough to make up for the many deficiencies.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Very friendly co-workers and sufficient training department.
Warehouse Administration (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Foremost was the only company I worked for that had a "Starters Day" where you went to the Corporate Office and spent the day meeting all of the departments and learning about the history and planned growth goals for the company. It made you feed very important in the future of the company.

One particular challenge was the large turnover of management at our location in a short period of time.

Foremost had a nice company picnic in the summer and a great Christmas party. The company also had great safety incentives.
Pros
Very good insurance package.
Cons
Management turnover.
Good pay, weak management, scant reinvestment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Old-fashioned company, for better and worse. Full-time employees are paid pretty well, but firm won't spend on improvements unless it absolutely has no choice.
This was a good place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WINovember 30, 2014
The work day was generally enjoyable and many tasks were a good learning experiance. The training was generally from previous employees and outside contractors.
The management was generally good.
the hardest part was some sewer work under groundt
The most enjoyable part was having a challenge to figure out different
problems and fixing them.
Pros
Good pay. Good environment
Many co-workers were great and helpful, but my supervisor did not help me and was always negative
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Clayton, WIJune 15, 2014
Worked one on one with the farmers to solve any issues that came up on the farm. The best part of my job was talking with farmers and helping them getting their milk quality in check so they received more money for their milk. The hardest part of my job was my supervisor not appreciating the work I did and not being very helpful.
Pros
Set my own schedule for the week
Cons
Not very family friendly company
Swing Shift
Extra Operator (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIApril 20, 2014
Not getting used to swing shift, paying union dues to watch the lazy people.
Pros
Pay, Vacations
Cons
Paying Union Dues
Worst Place to Work
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIMarch 13, 2014
If you love yourself and your family don't come to work here. Management plays favorites and if you are on his make an example of hit list it will be a long day. They really have no concern for the employee, like the other review states it as close to paid slavery just don't carry a badge but a punch in the clock number. DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!!! Watch your back everyday.

The coworkers are good for the most part. But it is a hostile atmosphere daily.

Wait till you see the men's locker room and break room it is dirty and disrespectful to the employees. Hobos by a burn barrel is better than we have.
Pros
Money is okay
Cons
Everything I said in review plus long hours

Comment – December 28, 2015

THE ARE NO OPPORTUNITIES UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE........ SALARIED PERONNEL GET 3 WEEKS VACATION TO START. THIS IS TO PROVIDE MORE FAMILY TIME. THEY ALREADY GET ALL WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS OFF AND MOST DON'T WORK A 40 HOUR WORK WEEK. LOOK AT THE RESPONSES THOSE WHO THINK IT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK ARE FOR THE MOST PART IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE. NOW IF YOU ARE AN HOURLY EMPLOYEE YOU FINALLY GET 3 WEEKS OF VACATION AFTER 8 YEARS OF SERVICE. YOU WILL WORK A SWING SHIFT AND GET ONE WEEKEND OFF A MONTH TO BE WITH YOUR FAMILY AFTER COMPLETE EXHAUSTION FROM THE MIDSHIFT. THEY SAY THEY ARE FAMILY ORIENTATED BUT BELIEVE ME YOU WOULD SEE THEM MORE IF YOU JOINED THE MILITARY. REALLY ARE THINKING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THE OVERTIME THAT EVEN KEEPS YOU AWAY FROM YOUR LOVE ONES. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK AT A PLACE LIKE THIS. TALK TO SOME WHO WORKS THERE YOU WILL SEE IT IN THERE FACE, YOU WON'T NEED A REPONSE.

Great Benifits
Vacation 1 Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, WIMarch 10, 2014
My typical day varied from what job I was on that day I could either be on a job bring in the milk from haulers, making cheese, cleaning up after running cheese or running equipment to make other products from the whey left over from making cheese.
I learned every job in 2 1/2 years no one else learned every job in the plant in 37 years of it being open.
EFV's were the hardest job there a lot of squatting in tight places and heavy equipment to put on to get cheese out.
I got along with my co-workers very well many if not all would help you out and then in return you would help them out on their job functions.
Most enjoyable job was intake where we would bring milk in from haulers very nice in the summer because of all the fresh air, but a little chilly in winter but overall my favorite job in the plant.
Pros
Saftey Incentives, the plant won 1st place and a couple 2nd & 3rd places for cheeses made at Dairy Expo's
Cons
Very warm and muggy in summer and constantly 80-90 in the winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foremost Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8