Forest City Enterprises Employee Reviews

Unorganized chaos
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 29, 2017
The property is great. The maintenance on all equipment has been severely lacking for the last 6 years. It is an impossible job if you want to feel like a success. It is always under staffed. The level of training that is offered to the maintenance staff is almost zero. The people that work there are awesome but they are also over worked. I would stay clear of this property. Between the lack of support, the rat infestation and the idea that you do not have the money in the budget to keep equipment working makes it an absolute nightmare
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Lack of support by upper management
Professional environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2017
I received great accounting experience working for this real estate company. It was exciting working exactly downtown in Tower City Center. The staff was like a second family. They were very supportive as my father passed away shortly after I began there.
Pros
new skills obtained
Cons
overtime
Learning Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2017
Really close to Cleveland culture. The people are very knowledgeable and friendly!

They have a good adult education department. The department I worked in as a Learning Project Specialist was very organized, and very targeted.
Pros
Friendly, happy people
Cons
internship ended
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2017
Same as Rose Community Management. Forest City embraces the same principals as the Jonathan Rose Company. They were very careful in choosing the right company to purchase their portfolio of low income housing. This just reinforced how much they cared about their employees and residents.
Pros
Same as Rose Community Management
Cons
Same as Rose Community Management
Forest City
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot about management. Had a great mentoring experience prior to management change in the department I was working in. Wish I would have stayed.
corporate does not know how to run a REIT
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 16, 2017
Constantly changing and not for the better. Corporate does not know what they are doing. They have a box that you must work out of yet expect great results with no change
All is well.
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2017
I have worked closely with Project Managers, Group leaders and managed multiple vendors to implement, deliver functional/technical content. I have been a key person in managing and aiding complex projects, incident management, functional change management, system strategies and managing support teams.
Lack of Management/Training
OPEN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2017
Due to the many changes at this company, I would not recommend anyone here. Management is the worst I've seen in a long time. People aren't very friendly, and work is just pushed on you from other departments.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training
Great Compamy
Lead Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2017
The job was fun and it had its excitement. I learned how to be more responsible and take on lots of work I had fun and there was always something keeping me busy. The hardest part was there was not enough time to do everything that was apart of the job.
Pros
Great Work plance
Poor management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 28, 2017
Was a great place to work until the last two years, the company decided to sell a major and successful business unit resulting in the impact of many employees. Was very poorly handled by the senior management and made my job especially difficult.
im writing because i have to
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2017
there is a minimum character requirement i have to meet before i can submit the review. Imagine an angry sad face in place of these two sentences....
Great Luxury Marketing/Operational Procedure Experience
Winchester Lofts, Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2017
Extensive training programs for all job functions providing understanding of operational best practices.

Wished for a reciprocation of hiring standard/ training faith carrying through to trust level of basic lease up and marketing functions.

Housing benefits are sub par based on other management company experience.

Again, comprehensive experience on controllable marketing and onsite functions. Scale back your development cost and optimize economies of scale to pay your associates more.
Fabulous place to work
Resident Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2016
Typically each day presented itself with a variety of challenges allowing for growth beyond the competition. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting Military members that have traveled throughout the world. The most difficult part of the day was that it went by so fast.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Days went too fast
Job Security
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
I was a maintenance tech in one of their buildings, never ran out of work and they took care of me. I would work for Forest City again if they had a property located near where I relocated to.
Providing safety for others a worthy cause.
Regional Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan RegionOctober 10, 2016
Forest City has been a great company to work for. Excellent support from management and co-workers. Provided excellent training and
opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately they are selling their Michigan properties and I am unable to relocate out of state.
Providing a safe working and living environment for our staff and tenants has been a challenging yet worthy experience.
Pros
Efforts were always aknowleged.
Cons
Selling Michigan region portfolio.
Fun work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Great fun work environment. Always something new going on with the events and staff fundraisers. Every year The Shops at Wiregrass partners with local charity's such as American Cancer Society. This allows the team to work together to raise funds for a great cause!
Outstanding Team
Mechanical Engineer/Handyman (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 2, 2016
.Pleasure working for this company.
.Experiences and skills are put to work each day.
.Hard working coworkers.
. Hardest part of the job was snow removal duties in the winter.
Not a good place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2016
Working fro this company was not a good experience. The politics
were incredible thick and the management were throwbacks from other divisions.
Fast pace environment
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAAugust 16, 2016
Very fast pace environment and a lot was learned in a short period of time. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep every resident happy. Overall a great learning experience.
Professional office environment
Marketing and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed using my office skills and gaining some new skills in my position as a marketing and research assistant. The company treated its employees well.
Pros
Professional environment and good location in Tower City
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forest City Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9