Forest City Enterprises Employee Reviews

Great Luxury Marketing/Operational Procedure Experience
Winchester Lofts, Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2017
Extensive training programs for all job functions providing understanding of operational best practices.

Wished for a reciprocation of hiring standard/ training faith carrying through to trust level of basic lease up and marketing functions.

Housing benefits are sub par based on other management company experience.

Again, comprehensive experience on controllable marketing and onsite functions. Scale back your development cost and optimize economies of scale to pay your associates more.
Providing safety for others a worthy cause.
Regional Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan RegionOctober 10, 2016
Forest City has been a great company to work for. Excellent support from management and co-workers. Provided excellent training and
opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately they are selling their Michigan properties and I am unable to relocate out of state.
Providing a safe working and living environment for our staff and tenants has been a challenging yet worthy experience.
Pros
Efforts were always aknowleged.
Cons
Selling Michigan region portfolio.
Fabulous place to work
Resident Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2016
Typically each day presented itself with a variety of challenges allowing for growth beyond the competition. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting Military members that have traveled throughout the world. The most difficult part of the day was that it went by so fast.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Days went too fast
Borderline
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richond, VaAugust 12, 2016
Compensation/Benefits and training are GREAT, it the management team in your Richmond, Va office that need reviewing. I would recommend extensive management on fair-housing and and work place ethics. I worked for the company for several years the last 1 1/2 was the hardest of my career. There were lots of favoritism throughout the office.
Pros
Cons
favoritism
Job Security
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
I was a maintenance tech in one of their buildings, never ran out of work and they took care of me. I would work for Forest City again if they had a property located near where I relocated to.
Professional office environment
Marketing and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed using my office skills and gaining some new skills in my position as a marketing and research assistant. The company treated its employees well.
Pros
Professional environment and good location in Tower City
Outstanding Team
Mechanical Engineer/Handyman (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 2, 2016
.Pleasure working for this company.
.Experiences and skills are put to work each day.
.Hard working coworkers.
. Hardest part of the job was snow removal duties in the winter.
Fast pace environment
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAAugust 16, 2016
Very fast pace environment and a lot was learned in a short period of time. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep every resident happy. Overall a great learning experience.
cleaning vacant appartments
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 25, 2016
A typical day would be getting vacant apartment units ready for the next rental. The co workers were nice and we worked as a team to get the apartments ready. the most enjoyable part was that it was a day shift job.
Great Company To Work For
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 14, 2016
Great family oriented company to work for with a fantastic reputation within the multi-family industry. Not always a lot of advancement opportunities but great benefits and great earning incentives.
Not a good place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2016
Working fro this company was not a good experience. The politics
were incredible thick and the management were throwbacks from other divisions.
Downtown Living
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 14, 2016
Lived and worked downtown at the Millender Center, those were good times, great staff to work with, wonderful people, worked well with management. The job was very exciting, never a dull moment.
Pros
Downtown Living is the place to be.
Cons
Long Hours.
Just Fine
Office Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2016
Need better advancement opportunity and more daily duties. It was okay to work downtown but prefer closer to home. The co-workers were nice and was able to learn more in excel and learn computer skills.
High turnover rate
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 29, 2016
Working for the Navy contracted residential management team was not only stressful but difficult to establish direct chain of commands or company guidelines. They changed on a daily basis as well as the management staff. Communication between departments is sorely lacking. Co-workers were also not up to par or capable of handling the job given the lack of direction. It felt like a steady sinking ship.
Pros
I enjoyed serving the Navy community and families.
Cons
Lack of management training and professional employees
Family focused restructurig
Business Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
was a great place to work at one time, but company going through strategic realignment. Not a lot of job security right now.
Maintenance Supervisor (Turns) (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIMay 5, 2016
Great working environment. Wonderful working for Americas military families. Best part of my day is the people I get to work with. Love making our homes the best they can be
Good people
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 21, 2016
Good learning experience. I enjoyed my time here most of the time. I would change a few things. It was pretty laid back. I liked my co-workers. The hardest part was trying to teach myself different things.
dont work here
Assistant Property Manager / Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
I was hired on with FCE to work in the one of the Denver locations. While they will welcome you with open arms and portray this is a company to work for and try to make a career.

The lack of training that you will receive will lead you to have a overview on what your job duties are but they will expect more out of you so management does not have do the work. As you prove more and more that you can do that particular task more is put on to you until you are unable to handle the work load.

The office is a younger group in all denver locations with a culture of profanity and inappropriate behavior/talk.

Talk with the corporate offices and they will trickle down your complaint to the local offices while the property managers will look down on you and make your life miserable.

Residents are always complaining of the turn over and the lack of respect that they get from the staff members within the denver locations as well as the corporate offices
Pros
residents
Cons
management, stress, lack of respect
Nepotism, lack of quality training, and poor management.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 13, 2015
Management was the worst very clickish, a lot of nepotism going on in the company. If you have an opinion, a different point of view or don't mind management taking credit for your ideas then this company might work for you.

They hire unqualified people putting a burden on the qualified employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Nepotism
Good Customer service
Customer Service Maintenance (Porter) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 2, 2015
The customer comes first. I do all that I can to make living at the Uptown (Forest City Enterprises) the best it can be. I try to keep it looking like a 5 star hotel.
Pros
Good Health benifits
Cons
Understaffer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forest City Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7