Forest City Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

dont work here
Assistant Property Manager / Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
I was hired on with FCE to work in the one of the Denver locations. While they will welcome you with open arms and portray this is a company to work for and try to make a career.

The lack of training that you will receive will lead you to have a overview on what your job duties are but they will expect more out of you so management does not have do the work. As you prove more and more that you can do that particular task more is put on to you until you are unable to handle the work load.

The office is a younger group in all denver locations with a culture of profanity and inappropriate behavior/talk.

Talk with the corporate offices and they will trickle down your complaint to the local offices while the property managers will look down on you and make your life miserable.

Residents are always complaining of the turn over and the lack of respect that they get from the staff members within the denver locations as well as the corporate offices
Pros
residents
Cons
management, stress, lack of respect
High turnover rate
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 29, 2016
Working for the Navy contracted residential management team was not only stressful but difficult to establish direct chain of commands or company guidelines. They changed on a daily basis as well as the management staff. Communication between departments is sorely lacking. Co-workers were also not up to par or capable of handling the job given the lack of direction. It felt like a steady sinking ship.
Pros
I enjoyed serving the Navy community and families.
Cons
Lack of management training and professional employees
Good Customer service
Customer Service Maintenance (Porter) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 2, 2015
The customer comes first. I do all that I can to make living at the Uptown (Forest City Enterprises) the best it can be. I try to keep it looking like a 5 star hotel.
Pros
Good Health benifits
Cons
Understaffer
Run the other way
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, NYNovember 18, 2015
Don't waste your time you will be pushed to your limit every day no raises and will absolutely get nothing in return unless you call a good day having someone breathing down your back all the time
Pros
Cons
Dont look for any help
Forest City Ent.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2015
Have been rapidly promoted to jobs of great responsibility in this large real estate/property management business; currently managing 161 rental units in the Presidio Landmark and 88 rental units at 2175 Market Street.
Good place for work/life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2015
FC offers flexible scheduling and alternative work arrangements, which make things easier for people who must have work/life balance.
Cons
Low job security; always changing
Very Diverse Company
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2015
Forest City is a great place to work, The company promotes healthy choices and hey offer a lot of educational seminars..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay for parking
Great Place for growth
Assistant Security Director (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 30, 2015
Great company to work for.to retire from, good company training by some of the best in the security world. The chance to move up is presented to everyone.
Pros
Great place for hard working people
Cons
No company car
Transition
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2015
The company is currently going through a company wide transition. It is making a stressful environment while everyone is waiting to see the outcome.
Good job and hours
Rolling Acres Mall (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 16, 2015
Worked in the food court cleaning.Loved my job and all the people I met.Enjoyed keeping the food court clean and got a lot of compliments and made friends with a lot of people.I was the last cleaning lady to leave the mall when it closed with only 1 remaining tenet.
Management is iffy but the company itself if great!
Receptionist/Assistant to OPS MGR (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 14, 2015
amazing benefits, a months worth of paid time off after a year. lots of locations turn over for positions very low so lots of job security!!!!
Nepotism, lack of quality training, and poor management.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 13, 2015
Management was the worst very clickish, a lot of nepotism going on in the company. If you have an opinion, a different point of view or don't mind management taking credit for your ideas then this company might work for you.

They hire unqualified people putting a burden on the qualified employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Nepotism
Good Company
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 28, 2015
Typically things at work run smooth and everyone gets along great. Because of the nature of accounting month, quarter, and year ends get alittle busy but nothing too hectic. It seems the company is expanding and new projects continue to come online meaning work is very stable.
Very bad company
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  NYCMay 29, 2015
I repeat the company is no dam good. They don't pay there workers a fair wage and treat there worker's with disrespect. They expect you to work like a dog and they treat you like one also!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Prison
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OHMay 26, 2015
This company only cares about its bottom line while acting like they care about employees and residents. They dont fix major problems and do not want to spend money . All they care about is keeping their hud apartments full. Poor management. One may as well sell their soul if on Call 24/7 forever.
Pros
Tenants
Cons
everything else
Only for profit
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ashtabula ohioMay 26, 2015
It is a typical slum lord. The only difference is that it is upscale to corporate levels. Don't expect any advancement and you will be doing things over and over instead of fixing things correctly
Pros
Cons
bad health care and low wages
Great place to work with many different advancement opportunities.
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioApril 30, 2015
Many different advancement and furthering education opportunities. Enjoyed the atmosphere and location. Great benefit packages. Very busy, fast-paced environment, chaotic at times.
Great place to Work
Leasing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about working for Forest City. It is a very well known company that takes care of most of it's employees.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Very top down organization
Forest City Will Always Have a Special Place in my Heart
Identity Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2015
I owe a lot of my IT Knowledge to Forest City and am grateful that I had the opportunity to work in this fast paced ambiguous environment. It taught me how to be flexible, how to manage people and it taught me a lot about diversity. Forest City is family oriented which is very important to me and also gives back to the community which is HUGE in my opinion.
Pros
Ability to Work From Home
Cons
Parking Situation
Great Place
Leasing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Forest City. I would have loved to stay with the company if there was a an opportunity to advance. My coworkers are great. The best part is the training you get.
Pros
Great training