Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Accomplishing the above mission requires good relationships with Forest Home’s friends and financial supporters throughout Southern California and Arizona. Keeping supporters up-to-date on all God is doing requires a dedicated field representative who stays in touch with them and reports on the outcome of their partnership in the gospel.
The team member best suited for this critical role is someone people like to see coming. They are a good listener, winsome and easy to be around, goal-oriented, organized, and have impeccable integrity. They are willing to spend 75% of their time on the road visiting friends of the ministry and are able to keep good records of those visits.
Forest Home launched the Dream Big capital campaign in 2013 with plans to repair, renovate, and replace 75-year-old camp buildings and facilities. The Major Gifts Officer is on the front lines of building good relationships with financial supporters of this campaign to increase ministry opportunities. This person will also support annual and planned giving strategies.
This person works from their home office, lives in Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Bernardino County, and reports to the Sr. Director of Development.
Concern for people.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Perceptive, perseverating, and persistent.
Presence and self-confidence.
Good at planning, organizing, and follow through.
Excellent written grammar and spelling.
Above average personal grooming and etiquette
Tolerance for ambiguity.
Light-hearted with a sense of humor.
Commitment to Forest Home’s mission and the position necessary to building and sustaining relationships.
Spiritually growing, morally pure, physically healthy, and socially mature.
Major Gifts Officers (MGO) are senior fundraisers on the Forest Home development team. The successful MGO will increase the number of givers and dollars among those with hearts for Forest Home’s ministry. The MGO identifies, builds relationships with, and provides appropriate opportunities for new, renewed, and increased gifts of financial support primarily from individuals and secondarily from corporations, churches, and organizations.
- Build purposeful relationships with 120-150 current givers.
- Begin relationships with 30-50 potential givers.
- Involve potential givers financially when it is appropriate.
- Encourage current givers, report back on ministry progress, and ask for their next financial gift when it is appropriate.
- Recruit new, re-engage lapsed, and retain or lift current givers.
- Develop an annual plan including short and long-term goals primarily for individual givers, and secondarily for churches, corporations, and other potential funders.
- Plan and host small and large-group events and follow up with attendees.
- Manage giver records and reports via Forest Home’s database (Raisers Edge).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years in major donor fundraising with demonstrated success. A strong background in consultative sales is acceptable.
- CFRE preferred.
- Energetic, empathetic, and enthusiastic professional.
- History of building strong relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Communicates clearly and winsomely in person, in writing, and by telephone.
- Self-starter, able to work independently in a flexible environment.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Manage complex tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to: analyze, assess/evaluate, explain/teach, and solve problems.
- Understanding of the models of funding for the work of God described in the Scriptures.
- Heart for Forest Home’s ministry and mission.
- Handles confidential information with respect and care.
- Able and willing to travel throughout Southern California and Arizona.
- Good research skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and takes instruction.
- StrengthsFinder themes may include: Achiever, Belief, Communication, Competition, Connectedness, Empathy, Futuristic, Harmony, Individualization, Maximizer, Positivity, Relator, Self-Assurance, and Woo.
- Successful fund raising and capital campaign experience preferred.
- Agreement with Forest Home’s statement of faith.
- Growing personal walk with Christ.
- Lives in Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Bernardino County.
Category: Full Time (40 Hours per week)
Open Date: 12/17/2013
Location: Forest Falls, CA