Forest Home Employee Reviews

Incredible Place to Work
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Grew up here as a camper and it changed my life through working here. The community you are placed with is unlike any other, and the experience is indescribable.
Productive fun workplace
Hostess, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Forest Home is a great christian environment to work in. They will work with you and your busy schedule. They have staff prayer and devotions. God is at work at Forest Home.
Pros
They are a great christian place.
Cons
Not everyone that works there are believers.
Fast paced and rewarding workplace
Food Handler/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAFebruary 22, 2017
A stay on your toes and expect the unexpected workplace that thrives for exceptional delivery of quality food and service. Time management and prioritization of multiple tasks were skills that will be learned/or fine tuned. Staff is some of the most sweetest and responsible people to work with.
Pros
Worked with my schedule
Cons
Overtime not always optional
Fun and Enjoyable Work environment
Lifeguard- Watch (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAApril 7, 2016
I loved working at Forest Home. I got along with my co-workers amazingly. I loved lifeguarding and launching people off of the blob!
A Giving Job
Video Producer and Photography Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAJuly 22, 2015
Depending on the time of year, I would work 50 to 60 hours a week and be on call managing a team of up to 10 videographers and photographers. I was producing promotional videos, photos, and program (guest experience) content throughout the year. I was working with HR to hire on new talent for Summer season. Training and supervising was another large part of this position. I really enjoyed working with directors of our programs in creating content for their programs and theme based narratives. My hires also worked well under my supervision and teaching with affirmation. I improved the level of production quality and coverage for video and photo in my department.

Interdepartmental communication and managerial conflict resolution was weak, the culture of much of this company is clic based and exclusive. Managerial conflict resolution included avoidance and speculative conflict, which was purpose for my leave.
Pros
Staff Lunches once a week, corporate gatherings, great purpose in work
Cons
Interdepartmental communications, weak management, improper HR procedures and gossip in culture
Wonderful people
Informational Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CASeptember 19, 2014
Staff breakfast, print and sort, walk camps through beautiful trees.
The staff, management and guests were wonderful. Always someone willing to help when you need it most.
The hardest part was leaving.
Everything was enjoyable.
Pros
Meals
Cons
don't remember any.
Fun as a non-serious, temporary job
Accommodations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Forest FallsMay 7, 2014
Typical day at work involves cleaning cabins and responding to guest needs.

I learned a lot about customer service and about how to work with other departments and individuals in order to accomplish your own goals.

Co-workers were great at the regular housekeeper level. Two of our supervisors had no idea how to effectively manage or motivate our crews and our director was even worse.

The hardest part of the job was the cleaning and all the brow beating you had to take from supervisors/directors.

The best part of the job was just working with my co-workers at the lower positions and fulfilling guest needs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible management
One of my career highlights...loved this job.
Program Reservation Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CADecember 19, 2013
Forest Home is an amazing place with much history. I was privileged to be part of such an amazing place. While working here I learned about love and compassion, dedication in your work, and the reward of the outcome of the entire staff's efforts. The hardest part was the peak season and being under-staffed. Commonplace for this non-profit. The geographical location, although beautiful, the winter months can be unbearable. It ended up getting the best of me sad to say.
Pros
Working in a fun environment and making a difference if peoples lives
Cons
Geographical Location and Non-Profit Compensation
Great group to work with and great opportunities!
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CASeptember 7, 2013
Learned how to do videography there and loved every moment of it!
Pros
Free meals, housing, and paid internships.
fun fast paced enviorment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Forest Falls, CAJuly 28, 2012
loved this job, it was very professional never a dull moment, always something to do, lots of overtime, and the work enviorment was very professional and had balance
Pros
enjoyed working with the supervisors i had, it was a great enviorment to work in
Cons
u could easily get overwhelmed with all the extra work if u weren't too carful