Forest Laboratories, Inc.

Forest Laboratories, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

It was the best place I ever worked
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: traveled to other states (meeting planning) with co-workers
Cons: assisted a few micro-managers who were not qualified in their field(s).
Although the company no longer exists (acquired in a merger), there was a good balance between work and family life. Besides the annual company picnic, Casual Fridays and the Holiday parties at the Cipriani Dolci, what I enjoyed most was 1/2-day Fridays during the summer!

Like most companies, we had our good days and we had those occasional hectic ones. But I was fortunate to have worked in a department which cross-referenced information to/from other departments; and communicated with many levels of management within the organization.

Good medical and dental benefits. Starting salaries slightly lower than expected...but easily adjusted through hard work (merit increases/promotions), and year-end bonuses.
Forest Laboratories was a great place to work
Associate Director, Corporate Cost Accounting (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 20, 2015
Forest Laboratories was acquired by Actavis in July 2014. Actavis has made the decision to close the LI offices. Relocation not an option at this time.
Great health benefits-questionable management
Material handler (Former Employee), Cincinnati OHMarch 13, 2015
All in all a good place to work.
Upper level management has some issues to work though
Good pay excellent benefits for hourly
Great management
Accountant (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 2, 2015
I was able to grow at Forest Labs due to the great management team. I was lucky to have co-workers that all collaborated as a team.
It's fortunate to work with Forest.
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NY 11788January 28, 2015
Very nice working enviroment, good benifit.
Working schedule is flexible.
productive, friendly
Scientist III (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYJanuary 18, 2015
as a R&D scientist performed method development and validation for analytical Lab, writing validation reports
Collabrative work environment, but little job security.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commack, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: task change therefore exposure to more was excellent
Cons: had to work instructions second hand therefore lack of clarity existed.
This company was always in transition, therefore, responsibilities changed constantly. Fortunately this allow for exposure and growth. I learned the severity of compliance as it pertains to the pharmaceutical industry. Management were somewhat distant from the level I fulfilled, but my was position was to provide assistance to my co-workers by aiding them in completing there tasks. The hardest part of the job was getting the full picture of the goals and direction of the department because the company was in transition and was acquired. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie,
Education: Since graduated I have spent my time working in the health and wellness fields. This is where I started my career path.
Vendor Master/Employee AMEX Support (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYDecember 9, 2014
Started my work with Forest Laboratories, Inc. working in the contracts/vendor management department. My passion is to thrive and contribute to a great cause and be a part of a wonderful work environment that I believe this company offered. I was able to grow within. I am currently being laid off due to the company being sold.
Great company
Manager, Sample Compliance (Former Employee), Commack, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: very flexible considerate of employees
Cons: like any other company some challenges but nothing to write about
Great company. I would still be there if the company was not sold and 90% employees got laid off.
Facilities Engineer
Facilities Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee), Commack, NYNovember 16, 2014
Facilities Engineer, Project Management, Oversee Validation and Compliance Testing, Oversee Engineering Personnel, Trades and Services for Installations, Operations, and Qualification Projects.
Great Job
Facilities Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee), Commack, NYNovember 12, 2014
Oversee and Coordinate Engineering Projects including Installation, Operation and Qualification Projects, related to Facility Systems and Pharmaceutical Equipment Validation.
Decent Company to begin a career in Pharmaceutical Sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Commack, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: mobility, you get to see different people on a daily basis
Cons: management not very engaged
Ten Hour work days in the field visiting physicians and another two hours administrative work on a daily basis. I learned the inner workings of medical offices day to day operations and the art of repeat rapport sales. Management could improve in their support and coaching. Much of what I learn on the job is trial and error. The most difficult part of the job is gaining access to all of your physicians. I work I highly called on territory and doctors often do not have time to see every rep that walks through the door. The most enjoyable part of the job is earning the respect and trust of the physicians. When they know you are providing useful information, services and solutions to their practice they look forward to seeing you and that makes it all worth it.
Forest
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2014
Company good, upper management doesnt care about reps. no job security. free car, free gas, but your a delivery guy/girl to offices if they dont write your products and expect you to bring them food every time your there.
• Worked with a team of Bio-statisticians and Data Managers for Generating Safety and Efficacy tables across Phase II and III Clinical Studies in pati
R&D SAS Data Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 8, 2014
Forest is a global pharmaceutical company that identifies, develops, and delivers pharmaceutical products that make a difference in people's lives. Forest has well-established franchises in the therapeutic areas of the central nervous and cardiovascular systems, and is always exploring new product opportunities that address a range of health conditions. As a SAS programmer- I created safety and efficacy datasets in patients taking antidepressant Cariprazine. The data was collected from different databases and entered as raw clinical data. Also, I created SAS data sets, performed statistical analysis, generated reports, and modified reports as per requirements to meet regulations.
Good while it last
Former Employee (Former Employee), New JerseyOctober 7, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Forest Laboratories, right before the merge. After the merge, morality when to the floor. I feel sorry for the people that stayed at this new company. Hope it's get better for them after time.
The company is leaving LI
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYSeptember 25, 2014
This is pharmaceutical company that has been bought out and is leaving LI
Overall enjoyable work environment with great benefits
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Commack, NYSeptember 24, 2014
It was a wonderful team of people to work with, the only negative was that the corporate culture was to cater inordinately to the whims and desires of the sales force. Forest also allowed certain departments to spend excessively because they were deemed to be special or elite. It was not a typical corporate environment where cost savings was a high priority.
good company, shaky industry
Territory Sales Manager/Field Sales Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: one size fits all approach by some management
company was acquired by Actavis in February, lots up in the air for the future.
A good place to start your career
Junior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Great environment to get your foot in the door when it comes to corporate finance. Had great team members who were encouraging and willing to teach me. Mana
An exceptional company
Sr. Manager, Public Policy and Government Affairs (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
With the acquisition of Forest Laboratories by Actavis (July 2014), it was announced that my position would be eliminated effective October 1, 2014.

Forest (now Actavis) has an exciting future as a hybrid brand name-generic marketing company. This model may become the wave of the future of the pharmaceutical industry. And while no longer involved with the company, I have the highest regards for the leadership and the direction the company is heading.

1 2 3 4 5

About Forest Laboratories, Inc.

Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address – Read more

Forest Laboratories, Inc. Salaries