Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Financial Services (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 10, 2017
This is a very ethical company that wants to help clients achieve their financial goals. You have to be ready to hustle to get clients, but what you put in is what you receive.
No work/life balance
Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
Mondays were call/meeting days. Tuesday through Thursday were appointment days. Friday was meeting days and tend to be more relaxed. You also prep and plan on the weekend for the following week -which meant you literally worked all week. This is not a place for someone with a young family. The work/life balance is awful. I suggest you get your licenses and find a better place to go.

Also, be sure you have an arsenal of people to see immediately. This is your natural market. Your natural market will get you the fast bonuses. For those who don't like to solicit or prospect new clients, this is NOT the job for you.
Pros
Opportunity to get licenses and sponsor/volunteer events
Cons
No work-life balance, minimum wage, cold-calling and prospecting
Beehive of Phone Calls
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
A typical Monday & Friday at work began with preparing for the calls that we would make. The rest of these days included being on the phones prospecting clients, and meetings. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays were spent out of the office at meetings with clients and prospecting new clients.
Great
Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
Such a great experience. I was paired up with a very smart rep who taught me the ins and outs of the business. I would definitely recommend the internship to anyone interested in financial services.
Not a place you want to stay to long
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
bad management. The culture is very cut throat. lack of respect for others is rampant. More of a good ole boys club for True trump lovers and then the others the managers ignore
Too much sales
Financial Services Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 25, 2017
Company expects you to find and build your own business. This is difficult for a young person to do. You are more of a salesman than advisor. If you are interested in sales this is for you.
Trainee
Financial Service Representative- Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2017
I did not work there for long, a few weeks. I was just a trainee for the time I was there. did not learn much. was a very stressful time and did not get the chance to get to know the company well.
Extensive Education and Fast Paced Promotions
Administrative Principal (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2017
I was a salary based employee, so my review might vary from others. That being said, my typical day started with a basic outline of what the manager wanted me to do or support him on throughout the day. This included clerical work as well as compliance/supervision work.

The workplace culture was pretty team oriented despite being an environment where most are paid by commission. On Mondays, everyone was in calling to set up appointments throughout the week and every Friday everyone reported their weekly business together and shared their experiences with the rest of the office.

I learned about various products of the finance industry while I worked here. From Whole Life Insurance to Mutual Funds, this company had me taught and licensed to recommend these products to clients. However, in my position, I used this knowledge to make sure the sales force knew what to recommend for suitability purposes.

The hardest part of my job was balancing the everyday activities of the job and THEN coming home to study for the security licenses. In my position, I had to acquire the Life insurance test, and series 6, 63, 26, 7, 24, 65, and 51 securities license. That is a lot of tests, so if you think this will be a simple 9-5 occupation I suggest you look elsewhere.

The best part of the job was the culture itself. We were a team and everyone was close. I was invited to many important events in other co-workers lives and I have friendships that will last a lifetime. I left the company due to personal reasons unrelated to the job. I highly recommend Foresters Financial for a career
  more... job!  less
Stressful but balanced
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 6, 2017
The atmosphere encouraged personal growth, however it was very stressful. Especially if you notice a difference in how you and your fellow workers are treated.
San Antonio office management is horrible
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Management will treat you like a child. Ask you where you have been and micro manage your sales. You will lose business to REAL financial advisors. Their whole operation is to bait and switch and sell VUL insurance. They will sell clients mutual funds and could care less the surrender charge the client pays. They are all about the numbers and their office is tiny with cubicles. Be prepared to memorize scripts you will be forced to read in front of all the other reps.
Pros
get licensed and paid training
Cons
management, pressured sales, scripts
Tough
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
If you do not have a good natural market you will have a very hard time here. Management is new and disorganized. Many unhappy clients to deal with. Hard work and not enough reward unless well connected with people willing to become clients
Little advancement, understaffed
Priority services customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 29, 2017
Very few advancement opportunities. Departments are regularly understaffed. The pay is not competitive with similar companies and the "pay increases" are a joke.
Pros
Positive atmosphere with coworkers
Cons
No advancement. Poor management.
Prepare to work hard
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2017
The position is completely commission based, which means you have to put in 50-60 hours a week for the first few years. If you do succeed however, the rewards are substantial.
Great management, needs to improve job stability
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2017
The management team provide a lot of support to their subordinates as the new people get used to the industry while helping the veterans with cases. The work itself is very stressful because you have to build your business through you family and friends through a word-of-mouth referral basis.

After 9 months of training being paid minimum wage salary plus 10 percent commissions, you switch to 50 percent commissions minus the minimum wage salary. 60+ hours a week with the opportunity to make a lot of money with no guarantees. You are your own boss.
Great work environment
Summer Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 13, 2017
The work environment at Foresters is very productive and focused, however, the tasks they require of their employees are demanding and over the top. Enjoyed the companies management.
Long hours at minimum wage
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 11, 2017
The work is long and often tedious. The work environment is great and easy going. Cold calling is a daily occurrence and getting your feet off the ground can be difficult. You wont be making any real money for the first 3-4 years.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Small office, long hours, little pay
Informative internship that taught me about the products offered in the financial adviser industry
Intern (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 5, 2017
This was an unpaid internship that, while was only 2 days a week, taught me a lot about the products that this company offered to their clients. Towards the end of the internship we were given a mock client and we had to create a plan for the family based on their goals, financial situation, etc.
Stay away from IT!!! Terrible Environment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 30, 2017
This is a horrible place to work in Information Technology. Managers are constantly rude, disrespectful, and beyond unrealistic.

You will be expected to work often after hours and weekends with no compensation at all.

JUST STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!
Pros
Other employees/peers are pleasant and enjoyable to work with
Cons
Managers and high level management are flat out horrible
Terrible place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2017
Just don't go there honestly. The management won't help you, they pick their favorites and that's who they give clients to and help succeed. Just not a great place.
great place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 14, 2017
They have an incredible office culture and the management team is extremely helpful. They are always looking out for how to best assist the employees.