Foresters Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Very supportive managers
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 13, 2016
I am very grateful for Foresters for introducing me to the financial world as a professional. They gave me daily training, and paid for all of my major tests. The hardest part was setting appointments, and when enough cancel, then problems can occur.
Most enjoyable was working with professionals that wanted the best for my career.
Pros
Training, Positive Environment
Cons
Difficult to reach the quotas if too much time spent on studying.
Fun workplace focused on sales.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 29, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management, but highly focused on sales and production levels. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues. Considerate growth potential in regards to the career and earnings, but became stagnant in learning potential. It was not analytical or intellectually stimulating enough and was much more sales oriented than I had expected. I thoroughly enjoyed helping my clients in planning and securing the financial futures.
Don't do it!! One of the WORST!
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  NcJune 4, 2016
Interview was easy, think they are desparate for employees. Only hired 20ish college aged reps. I've worked in financial sales since 2000 and I could not go on an appointment with client alone.Mgr wanted to MICRO MANAGE every thing done. Required to make weekly calls to prospects on FRIDAY EVENINGS!! When all of USA is out to dinner with friends/
Family. Want reps to FOCUS ON $50 money lines to cash accounts monthly, how can you ever get paid commission on a cash account??? Also was told to CANCEL APPOINTMENTS after set with client.Never heard of such plan Pay was almost non existent. DON'T DO IT.
Pros
I left the company.
Pyramid Scam
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2016
This company, like many financial services scammers, only want your connections (friends and family). Beyond that, they will do little for you. They troll job boards looking for honest people desperate for work. They are predators.

Expect to pay for your license, get little training except how to prospect everyone you know, and then fall on your face financially when they've drained you of everyone you have relationships with.

No benefits, no future.

Stay Away!!!
Pros
Cons
schedule, pyramid scamming, commission
Great
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 18, 2016
It was great, would have like to continue working there, but wasnt receiving enough compensation. Work was over an hour away and received less than 10/hr.
Aweful - don't go there!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 25, 2016
Mislead from the start, told prospects would be provided - NOT!! Very unprofessional management that only mistreated new reps and expected 60 hours a week for minimum wage while studying for exams. No valid training! Poor leadership.... lots of new reps quit after a couple of months! A wasted time!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Misleading recruiting tactics!
Average office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 8, 2015
Management is encouraging, but advancement is minimal. I have been there for almost two years and don't see an ability to advance in the near future.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Please stay away
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 11, 2016
This company is the WORST absolute worst. A true scam that makes me truly wonder how they have been in business for this long. NO BENEFITS TERRIBLE PAY. I REPEAT NO BENEFITS. YOU CAN DO BETTER JUST KEEP TRYING
Pros
management and coworkers are easy going
Cons
Everything else. again NO BENEFITS!!!!
horrible company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  atlantaOctober 12, 2015
management is horrible sweat shop long hours over worked and under paid manadatory overtime work 7 days a week. Un caring indidviduals unable to work with family needs only concerned about their money
Hard place to thrive unless you're well connected.
Insurance Agent and Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAApril 16, 2015
While working here, work/life balance was bad. Working 10 hour days 5 days a week, getting paid minimum wage and getting home at 9pm every day. Also, I left because I felt I couldn't trust the management teams on all levels (assistant, office manager, and the VP's of the office). There is heavy pressure to be a "hustler" as far as work culture, everyone seemed to be out for themselves and had no problem stealing clients from one another. That whole mentality is morally wrong to me, which is the other major factor why I left. I have no problem working long hours, just for something that I feel is a good cause, not a manipulative sales gig. I did learn a lot while I was there about the insurance and investing. I had to pass a series of tests in order to even solicit business which makes sense, but the whole time if you don't hit one deadline they have given you, you're fired on the spot - not exactly a good company environment. I felt like I could lose my job at any time, and it doesn't promote loyalty at all. I was told by a senior representative that the turn over rate was almost 40%. Yikes!
Pros
Nice office space, fun and nice coworkers (not management), young office (no one is over 30 except VP's)
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, commission based pay after 9 months

Comment – June 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide insight on your experience with First Investors. As in most professions, goals and standards are set to ensure businesses and employees are successful, and those goals are anticipated to be met. In this particular role, long hours are initially involved for those who want to advance and develop their career. However, representatives will never be asked to work more than 50 hours a week. We realize that this position is not for everyone. Our representatives take an active role in listening to their client’s needs and educating them on their financial options. As a result, our representatives provide personalized recommendations that will not only meet the goals of our clients, but will make an impact on their financial future. Since you are a former employee, we hope you found a role more suitable for you and wish you the best of luck.

They respect the disrespectful unproductive employees and disrespect the respectful professional productive employees
collector 2 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 21, 2015
Basically if you stay to yourself and only want to do your work you are disliked. If you ask for updates and refresher training to get updated on the laws you are called dumb and slow. You have to suck up to supervisors in order to avoid write ups or to get away with unprofessional behavior at the workplace. Management is never there to assist team members. They have no regard or consideration to their employees.
Pros
Talking to and helping borrowers
Cons
The management
Fun atmosphere with minor management issues
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work was sales classes during each morning, and making phone calls and setting appointments in the afternoon. Learned valuable information through the Series 6 & 63 content, as well as, Life Insurance information. The hardest part of the job was getting people to meet with you.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
If sales is your skill set you will love it.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2016
Reps. have to be able to sell to your family. Trainees make minimum wage the whole time until you sell $2000 worth of life insurance to family. It was certainly was an experience.
Motivational workplace where the sky was the limit
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
Exciting work place with experienced and supportive management. Schedule was very flexible from Tuesday-Thursday, you worked at your pace where the sky was the limit! That was the most exciting part about the position.
As an intern I helped certain financial representatives with preparation of different events, l learned how their client databases worked, sat through every meeting, webinar, and education sessions.
Overall I really enjoyed the internship experience.
Review
Senior Specialist - Retirement Plans Department (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 8, 2016
Foresters Financial is an international financial services company that is devoted to the well being of families. There are many great people that work in this organization.
professionally handling clients and team work
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 17, 2016
Foresters financial services have thought me the most such as client entail and many more.

the most enjoyable part of the job was I get to meet professionals and act as one of them when I did the project.
Pros
the work envirnment
Internship
Financial Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
It was a great way to understand what everyone does for retirement and understanding the way to save. It was an eye opener to see what it means to be a Financial Planner.
Enjoyable environment
Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 23, 2016
I have learned a lot in sales as well as through testing for examinations. The people are very kind and encouraging, and make you feel comfortable in the work place.
Company growing rapidly
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 6, 2016
I love my job as a CSR because I get to help people. I enjoy the busy high-volume call center and I love that I learn something new every day.
Great All Around
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 27, 2016
High school job, made good money and tips. Work was easy, hours were legit and the owners are cool and were always understanding.

2.7