Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

terrible
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 18, 2017
classic insurance company with no benefits and just tries to explode fresh out of college kids to sell a product that many people can get on their or that many people don't even want
Volatile Work Environment
Hybrid Wholesale (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 13, 2017
I was hired at Foresters Financial to work in a brand new department. Between the time I accepted the position and the time I set foot in the door for my first day there was already a brand new VP who had a different vision entirely from what may department was hired to do. From the the Sales Director left and then the CEO of the company left as well only after being there for a little over 1 year.

The most troubling part was the lack of responsiveness from other departments that made it difficult to help clients. Management was the most petty I have ever experienced in a company and was only concerned with making themselves look good and had little to no concern about your development. Its a tough environment to take pride in and to want to work for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of leadership, lack of responsiveness, little stability
Excellent work culture and great support
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 6, 2017
I loved working for this company. They take excellent care of their employees. The managers I worked with gave their all to make sure we were taken care of and had all the help we needed. The culture in the office is fun and competitive with a lot of support from co-workers and managers. This company is a great place for self-motivated people to excel.
Pros
Make own hours, great culture, supportive co-workers
Cons
Long hours, must be self-motivated
Financial Advising
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
Foresters Financial is a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging career. Requires people skills and ability to step outside your comfort zone. You will learn the skills to help you succeed.
Financial Adviser Internship
Financial Advising Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 2, 2017
I was a Summer intern for financial advisers and although I am grateful for this internship, I expected more than what I actually did. I personally am not a fan of financial adviser after interning here due to the lack of stability. But, this job still suites for others.
Internship
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 27, 2017
It was a very interactive environment at Foresters Financial. They strive to make you feel like you are part of a team and include everyone in company events.
Stressful and not fun
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 26, 2017
A typical day at work was being thrown in a random corner of the office and studying and watching training videos for a 12 hour day. You were not paid well at all and even with all the training you were never close to being fully trained enough to go out and service clients.
Pros
Coworkers were nice to be around
Cons
No 401 k
entrepreneurial buisness
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 17, 2017
A place where you need to create your time and find your own clients. Managers help you to grow your business/practice. very limited resources, but your able to do your job with what you have.
Outstanding
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYOctober 11, 2017
The work environment is like no other. Supervisors are always there to help whenever needed. As long as you are prepared to put in the hours required as a Financial Representative, this is an outstanding place to work.
Read before looking for a job in IT
IT Data Center (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 6, 2017
If you are thinking of applying for a position in IT - look elsewhere. This is a very stressful, unorganized, backward thinking environment. Upper management is unsupportive and passes blame down to the staff for their inadequacies. Unless you like to be screamed at, stay away. Read some of the other reviews...they are correct. Expect to work 10-11 hour days, overnights and weekends with no appreciation.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Very poor management
Quality Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2017
I had a semester internship with Foresters and it was a good experience. I learned a great deal of information and got to perform some extensive hypothetical transactions.
Financial Planning Intern
Financial Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 20, 2017
This was an un-paid internship that was solely educational. I have not worked at the company as a full time Rep so my incite is slightly misleading...
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Unpaid
Great work environment
Sumer Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Internship could use more hands on tasks for the interns along with a decent wage. Great work environment along. Other associates were very likable and easy to get along with.
Great place to work for
Financial Services (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 10, 2017
This is a very ethical company that wants to help clients achieve their financial goals. You have to be ready to hustle to get clients, but what you put in is what you receive.
No work/life balance
Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
Mondays were call/meeting days. Tuesday through Thursday were appointment days. Friday was meeting days and tend to be more relaxed. You also prep and plan on the weekend for the following week -which meant you literally worked all week. This is not a place for someone with a young family. The work/life balance is awful. I suggest you get your licenses and find a better place to go.

Also, be sure you have an arsenal of people to see immediately. This is your natural market. Your natural market will get you the fast bonuses. For those who don't like to solicit or prospect new clients, this is NOT the job for you.
Pros
Opportunity to get licenses and sponsor/volunteer events
Cons
No work-life balance, minimum wage, cold-calling and prospecting
Beehive of Phone Calls
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
A typical Monday & Friday at work began with preparing for the calls that we would make. The rest of these days included being on the phones prospecting clients, and meetings. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays were spent out of the office at meetings with clients and prospecting new clients.
Great
Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
Such a great experience. I was paired up with a very smart rep who taught me the ins and outs of the business. I would definitely recommend the internship to anyone interested in financial services.
A great place to get industry experience and learn about finance
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2017
workplace culture needed development, however managers were open to communication and discussion. Typically, representatives were expected to build there own business with coaching from management. Commission only after 9-month period of minimum wage.
Not a place you want to stay to long
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
bad management. The culture is very cut throat. lack of respect for others is rampant. More of a good ole boys club for True trump lovers and then the others the managers ignore
Too much sales
Financial Services Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 25, 2017
Company expects you to find and build your own business. This is difficult for a young person to do. You are more of a salesman than advisor. If you are interested in sales this is for you.