Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 2,821 reviews matching the search
Fast paced, great starter to get experience
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2016
I worked here for 4 years and I only stayed this long because I had a great manager. I learned so much from this big company but sadly toward the end I learned a lot about executive management and the companies business practices that made me unhappy as an employee and I decided to leave.
There is no employee motivation, the employee turnover is extremely high, it surprises me that the company did nothing to retain its employees. You are worked very hard and are not appreciated nor valued at the end of the day. If you can work here and last more than a year you can take great experience and work anywhere else!
Pros
Starbucks on site, Cafeteria food, Food trucks come once in awhile
Cons
Long hours, a lot of overtime, very few days off, horrible executive management, a lot of favoritism, very little room for growth & promotion.
Great potential
HRIS Specialist - Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
Company has great potential but yet, the leadership runs business as a "me before you" type. Leadership has lots to grow in. Great potential but, lots of senior leadership that does not want to change which can lead to the fall of the company.

Example, no one knows who or what Human Resources does in the building.

Although management needs help, the place is fun and great to work.
Pros
Corporate Starbucks and Cafeteria, Benefits
Cons
Compensation is not competitive, you're expendable to the management
Trendy Environment yet stressful
Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 18, 2016
Forever21 is a good experience to learn from customer servicing wise and a good way for college students to make extra money, however it's not career worthily in my opinion. Company could better as in better in management team, a well as better pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, giving them your idea of styles with the merchandise. Also, merchandising different shops accordingly yet with you own sense of style.It's always new styles. Having co-workers as actually friends during work and outside of work. The hardest part of the job is having to complete a task with a low amount of employees, although the task is completed, it just difficult.
Pros
trendy clothes, great co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks, low pay, not being appreciated, employee discount
terrible company, terrible CEO, terrible management.
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 14, 2016
I stayed with Forever 21 for 3 years and was talked to about going up for promotions time after time only to be passed up by new hires who didn't know what they were doing. The final straw was when i was training for a visual position only to have my position given to a lazy coworker who was slower than me...the reason given to me was that I dind't have open availability. (i worked 2 days a week at teavana at this time.) All of the other overhead had second jobs or were going to school. Very Very frustrating.

The work environment was very cliquey, and full of gossip. the customer base was absolutely terrible, and the management were all snakes.
Pros
literally none this is a horrible company to work for.
Cons
everything. Avoid this company if you can.
Productive and a warm welcoming environment.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2016
Typical day at work would have to be providing excellent customer service, offering a shopping bag for an easier shopping experience for the customer. Talking about promotions to keep customers aware and informed of any sales. Being a cashier, offer credit to customer if they haven't already signed up for one to ensure they're aware of the benefits and the money they could save while using the credit. Assisting with visuals if needed to by chunking and pulling bad blends and properly recovering the floor for a better presentation.
A terrible place to work if you are in management
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVOctober 9, 2016
I'm sure that each store if different, however working in a store that just recently opened as a manger, I had a terrible experience and have never worked for a company that enabled it's store manager to make decisions based around favoritism. Overall, the management at my store was a disaster, led by a person who aligns more with a high schooler than a professional and surrounded by other under-qualified idiots who enabled her behavior.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management
Fashionable work place
Visual sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2016
The place is good for college students who is looking to make a little extra money not for a career. Company could be better as in better management, better pay,good benefits etc.
Pros
Fashionable clothes
Cons
No benefits and pay not good
Productive, competitive,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
I like working there. It's just that we sometimes get out very late. Depending on how busy we are. I haven't got a raise yet but the people who have been there have said the raises arent good. On the bright side the people are very kind and social. You will feel very comfortable in that environment m
Pros
First dibs on clothes, finding customers what they need
Cons
Late nights, raises arent that good
Fun work environment with execellent management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 12, 2016
Working at Forever 21 is stressful, but rewarding. I learned listening and communication skills when dealing with customers, as sometimes retail workers are subject to less than pleasant attitudes from customers. I also learned to multitask, being able to assist customers, return and restock merchandise, and offer guidance to my fellow coworkers all at once was a skill necessary for the job! My store manager was driven, friendly, passionate, and willing to go above and beyond for both her customers and her employees. Her approach to management was #1 in my decision to stay with the company for the 2 1/2 years I was there. My coworkers were my friends, we spent appropriate time outside of work together and often helped one another on the job. The hardest parts of the job were the long hours and having to work on holidays. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was having a manager and coworkers that care about me, that is something I find is rare in the workplace today.
Pros
10% discount on merchandise, strong employee morale, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, mandatory holiday shifts
poorly managed dead end job.. ok for high school students otherwise not reccomended
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 5, 2016
you will not make enough money to survive with this company and if you aren't in the cliché you will never get promoted. I lost everything working this job at twenty hours a week and when I tried to get a promotion I wasn't the right fit because I'm in my forties not my twenties... Unless you are in high school I don't recommend working here you will lose everything..
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no raises no benifits not enough hours
Lots of labor, little pay
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 12, 2016
Management picks favorites.
Team members don't really do their part causing everyone that's closing to have to stay past closing.
No training either you catch on or you don't and get fired.
Not many hours.
Little pay.
Pros
Cool people, Discount
Cons
No benefits
Life at Forever 21
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  laredo, texasAugust 24, 2016
Its a challenging environment but fun.
I learned to use my previous management experience to have success at F21.
Coworkers are great and easy to get along with.
Loosing coworkers to other retailers due to lack of career advancement and higher pay.
Working with the team I assembled.
Pros
Flexible company
Cons
limited career advancement
Just an overall review of what my experience was like.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 3, 2016
A typical day at Forever 21 was making sure that all of the customers' needs were fulfilled while performing various tasks, such as: make sure that the clothes that were not purchased were put back in the right place and put out new or existing articles of clothing onto the sales floor. I learned about customer service, how the company worked to an extent, and how to work a register. The management was fair. My co-workers were not the best to work with, as they seemed to find something to complain about all the time and did not perform tasks that were given to them. The hardest part of the job was finding a specific item in the back that the customer wanted, but there were no more of that size. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a cashier and talking just a little with the customer before they went out.
Pros
15% Discount
Cons
Co-workers
Unprofessional and Unorganized
Sales associate/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
At first I sort of like this job because the environment was chilled, than as weeks and months with by as employee I did my job, I always did what I had to do. When I was scheduled to work I took whatever shift they gave me and didn't complain. Than were started getting new management, so mangers got fired some just quit out of nowhere thats how I knew things were getting bad. When the new management team came in environment was out of control, one of the new mangers left because she couldn't take it no more. The management is horrible, unorganized and unfair. They show a lot of favoritism and very unprofessional. Besides the mangers the co-workers that I got hired with are great and are very hard workers such as myself. The hardest part of this job is them cutting down hours because they dislike you or there's not enough hours to give, but they keep on hiring people who are very lazy. The most enjoyable part about this job is seeing my co-workers that i started with and helping out customers because thats what I love to do, and I love to laugh and joke around with them.
Cons
everything
Forever 21 is a great place to work but it has its pros and cons. They cut our hours and we need more money because we work hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 30, 2016
Forever 21 need more security. we also need more than a 30 min break. Also need to give more hours. 4 hours a week cannot pay bills. and mininum wage should increase to 11 dollars an hour. We work hard we should earn more specially if you are going to cut our hours.
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
short breaks, short hours, less benefits, cheap discounts
Fun and creative place to work. Horrible management.
Visual Merchandise Manager of Brands (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
I was a merchandise manager/ visual merchandiser.

My typical day was surveying the sales floor to keep it stocked and up to company standards. As, well as styling all the interior and exterior displays and mannequins. I managed a team of 3 closely as well as the entire store of associates. Keeping them up to date on new standards and new trends.

I learned many things in this company and its made me grow to the strong merchandiser I am today.

The only hard part if I had to say about the company is that it is poorly ran. From store managers to The CEO.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Full time, Fast Advancement
Cons
Bad Management, No appreciation or drive in faculty.
Manager and Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 29, 2016
I have learned a lot of different aspects of the business through being in management. The first being how to manage different types of personalities. How different types of people handle every situation differently. I was able to also learn how to train those different styles of people. I learned the money making aspect of the business. How you have to think about what is going to produce the best results for the business and the most efficient way of making that happen. I learned about LP issues and prevention. Money management and change orders. Also comparing sales from year to date and figuring out deficits. Management sets the tone for a shift and an entire environment. and I really enjoy being the person to do that because I know how impactful it can be.
Pros
Building relationships with co-workers, teaching and guiding, showing people something new.
The employees make the job great
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 5, 2016
Not a lot of culture at Forever 21. There is work/life balance to a certain degree. The team and employees really make the job enjoyable. It is fast pace, big box retail. It will definitely keep you busy.
Management was terrible
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2016
I really liked working here. The only problem was management. We had about 5 different managers & all of them were very young. They never wanted to help when we needed help, they played favortisim, and they often had employees doing things not in their job description (ex: going to pick up their lunch, because they were too lazy to go get it themselves.) They never helped during the day and would try to keep us until 2AM to clean the store. They had no regards for anyone who had school, to catch the bus home, had to be back in the morning, or anything.
Pros
Co-Workers are nice, shopping on break
Cons
Lazy management
Awesome energy. Great learning experience.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 11, 2016
I loved working for this company. I learned to demand more money when you get hired cause the amount you get for a raise is not a whole lot. Super fun and great learning experience. If you can survive this job you can survive any job.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8