Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 3,010 reviews matching the search
Busy workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
Forever 21 is quit the busy workplace. Have to have patience with customers and the store itself. VERY messy workplace also. Clothes would be thrown all on the floor, some products are even destroyed by customers. Management depends on the person working that day, most were not favored by workers. The hardest part of the job is the end of the day clean up when the store is closed. Literally would be clothes all on the floor, shoes, jewelry everywhere. You would be assigned an are and you would have to clean it up, if areas arent clean nobody goes home. Depending on the day you could be staying late hours. The most enjoyable part is seeing before hand the new season clothing coming into the store.
Busy environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 30, 2017
Work was always fast paced and a rush. I learned how to multitask and work every aspect of the store in all positions to run the store. Management constantly changed due to the constant rush of how the store was run. The workplace culture was enjoyable for everyone got along and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was running around all day, but it made time go by quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was making many meaningful friendships and connecting well with customers.
Pros
Working in a store I love to shop in
Cons
10% discount doesn't go too far
Un organized work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 27, 2017
I didn't have an orientation nor interview. I was just hired and told to come in to sign papers. I applied for a part time position. I wasn't informed on the type of uniform to be worn at work, nor the based salary. I've only had one check there. Again, I applied for part-time so I assumed I've been working part-time. Turns out, I was actually hired as a seasonal worker. I was informed that on my last day of work.
Pros
Lenient at most, people were cooperative, well working hours.
Cons
Very unorganized environment. That explains everything.
High pace job, stressful, a lot of shoplifting attempts but overall great place to work. Time flies fast.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Must always be on your feet, delegating, customer service daily, customer complaints on refunds, In charge of pushing Forever21 credit cards a must. Must wear your lanyard during shift. 2 warnings on no call no shows then you are basically resigning. Store policy.
Pros
Get payed time in a half on most holidays, PTO
Cons
Must stay late until whole store is clean. 10 % employee discount
Forever 21 Headquarters
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Horrible place to work. Cheap equipment, no internet, highly disorganized, turn over is crazy in every department. Management gas no idea what they are doing because they are always new. Very cliquey if you are not Korean forget it you will be an outsider. Inadequate benefits and strict company policies in place for no reason. Cheap company just like their clothing. The Corporate headquarters is just like the sweat shops they make their clothes out of.
Pros
Cafeteria food is not good but cheap
Cons
Everything, Top Worst Companies to work for
Fun Workplae
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work is always busy with great customers coming in and out being friendly with the employees. I learn many things that I have never learned. For example, I learned how to manage a register, go up to customers and ask them if they need any help or what they are looking for, go in the stock room and look for a pair of certain shoes or clothing when not in stock on the floor. My co-workers are very friendly and very helpful when I need help in something.
Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Pretty laid back, managers are co-workers are all friendly, outgoing, and easy to communicate and work with. They influence me to remain in a friendly and civil manner with great attitudes and comforting conversations. The workplace is kinda fast paced and seems slow due to work ethic and amount of tasks to complete per day. Hardest part of the job is recovering the store, but it's really enjoyable to have awesome co-workers and guests.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
Fun enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is stocking items on the floor, assisting customers, and putting items back where they belong. I learned a lot being employed with them mainly, how a business operates and functions. Management is standard and easy going for the most part. Workplace culture is pretty laid back. The hardest part is working on the weekends when we are constantly busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Get access to cute clothes first, discounts
Cons
Hours can be really long
Looking for a fun and fashionable place to work? Look elsewhere
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 21, 2017
There's nothing about working for this company that makes it worthwhile. Management is petty and will act like highschoolers. They play favorites. You can be the hardest working employee with the best record but, unless you're buddy buddy with the management, you'll never see anything come of it. The hours are ok but, they will cut you without a second thought.
Pros
None really
Cons
Petty managers, little to no advanced notice for schedules, secere lack of communication
I was a seasonal sales associate and it was pretty nice
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2017
Probably one of the better jobs I've had. I mostly worked the dressing rooms and the floor ( picking up stuff off the floor and putting it back, folding ext) you can stay pretty busy since the store is so large. They are super flexible and the managers are all nice. All the other workers I meet when I worked there were nice too. plus they give breaks about every 2 hours which is really nice since you have to be on your feet all the time. Your pay is dependant on what experience you have and stuff so I got $10 an hour, which is fine with me.
Pros
frequent breaks, you can stay busy, really flexible, nice staff
Cons
can get busy sometimes, payday is every other friday
Decent Pay with room for growth but stingy with hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working here, but the turn around time after being hired is awful. I had to wait three weeks for my paperwork to process and for me to actually start to work. When I started, I was making $9.50/hr but after transferring stores, I took a pay cut and now only make $8.50/hr with less hours. The people were typically nice and store management was often disorganized because of a lack of communication from corporate but they do the best they can.
Pros
Benefits after a consectutive year of employment
Pretty easy job.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2017
I like working here. My job was pretty easy and I also got an employee discount. A typical day at work entailed minor cleaning in the morning. But, most of the day I working on placing the security sensors on the clothing. The workplace culture was pretty low. Management would enforce the rules on the sales and stock associates they didn't like, but associates they liked can break the rules and get away with it.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Difficult management
Good job
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIJanuary 18, 2017
Working there was both good and bad, management made it very hard but working there, I met some of my best friends. It came to a point where management told us that we were NOT ALLOWED to call out, or even switch shifts AT ALL. Sometimes us employees had to stay until about 1AM to fix up the place because it gets so messy, and even then, there are still more clothes to put away. Every day you have to remember new numbers for your shift so you know what numbers you need to beat, or just in case a secret shopper comes in and asks you. Retail is always fun and annoying at the same time.
Pros
friends
Cons
management, job
love my job but stressful environment
Assistant Manager of Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 15, 2017
Daily responsibilities included performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork answering corporate conference calls, coordinating, markdown updates, and corporate returns seasonal, Designing concepts for decoration, exhibition, or commercial purposes.
Pros
discounts and seeing new arrivals first
Cons
short staff in certain departments
easy, same stuff every day
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2017
Stock at forever 21 is easy, you come in and either do shipment which means you take boxes from truck and stack them. Then you open boxes that contain clothes in bags put them on tables. Unpackage clothes and Lay out. Then from there the clothes need to be censored and hung up on racks. When you come in usually you're doing one of those things. Mangement at forever 21 in my opinion is poor. Lots of favortizm. Just get on everyone's good side. Hardest part of job is shipment, when you take boxes and stack them but even that's not too hard. Easiest part is censoring.
Cons
Either really cold in stock room or really hot
Hours are being constantly cut, coworkers are friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, doing shipment, recovering the store, and helping customers when needed. This job has taught me how to be patient. Customer service can be very hard and sometimes the customers are rude to you while you're helping them. My coworkers are very easy to get along with and are very nice. The hardest part about this job is the amount of hours that are being cut throughout the week and you're getting no hours as is.
Cons
Short breaks, low discounts, hours
A great way to first start out in a job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 11, 2017
It is a great place for me to start training and learning my customer service skills. Customers really do test your patience sometimes. The crew I worked with here were great individualistic people, a majority are my close friends today. A very diverse work environment. Since it is retail it does inquire the downsides of retail such as long standing time, loads of clothes put aways etc.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Retail workload
Friendly Environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2017
My typical day at work was to unpack boxes as quickly and efficiently as I can and clean the store during the weekends before the store opens.

I learned different ways to fold, where to put security tags on certain clothing and how to put shirts and dresses on the hanger faster.

Management was great and helpful.

My co-workers were friendly and fun to talk to while working.

The hardest part of the job was to work fast and finish the boxes of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was always busy and it seem to make the hours go by faster.
Pros
Friendly environment, good pay, cool bosses
Cons
Space in stock room
Nice Place To Work For A Short Period Of Time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Forever 21 is a nice place to work at. They allow you to be yourself and don't have many guidelines when it comes to colored hair and anything of that sort. During holidays you will find yourself really busy but during regular season I have found myself getting less than 10 hours a week (sometimes only about 5 hours that week) while others will have about 20. Still the atmosphere is nice & it's a nice first job.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJanuary 6, 2017
First of all the management there is very unprofessional, especially during a time when it is a New store open. Everyone wants to be a chief, yet no one wants to really be a leader. We would always have our hours cut and yes I understand that depends on how much volume the store makes but when there is a high rate of people quitting that has to reflect back on management and the lack of training. Also working there feels like high school everyone knows everyones business and likes to gossip.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
managment, low discounts, gossiping, unprofessional, lack of leadership, not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7