Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Unrealistic Expectations, unprofessional, overwhelming workload
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
In my opinion, this specific job is overtly overwhelming. The expectations are unrealistic, the management team is unprofessional and favoritism is a constant with other associates. The managers will single out certain employees and have them doing multiple duties throughout their shift, then punish them by placing them in an unfamiliar area, and "forgetting" about them while simultaneously giving other associates a more relaxed workload. If the managers have an ill opinion about you, they will have you do unnecessary things not included in your job description. It doesn't matter how hard you work, if they don't see you working for even a second, they "observe" you as a "bad worker" and will gradually shorten your hours.
Pros
Occasional Time and a half
Cons
short breaks, no assistance in large sections, etc...
disgusting
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 17, 2017
this was probably one of the worst experiences i had working in retail, it was unorganized, very stressful and e manager was not a good manager at all.
Not where you want to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CANovember 15, 2017
I was getting paid 10.51 to slave my life away. We weren't able to leave until the store was completely cleaned, which wouldn't be until 12am at night. Keep in mind all the racks would be constantly packed with no room left. How is that right? Oh and employee discount was only 10%. Not worth it.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 14, 2017
Management wasn't very good in taking care of certain situations. Was expecting too much out of their employees. They never understood as to why we couldn't work. Was just very hard to communicate with.
Co-workers are the only good part.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2017
We are not paid enough for all the work that is expected of us. We are treated like deplorable a& our management clearly does not care about us or what life we have outside of work. Everyone who is not an employee has more benefits than us (bigger discounts, ability to return merchandise etc.) Lack of concern for outside work life. We as employees of forever 21 are expected to be 100% loyal to our job at all times, without the same loyalty reciprocated. No holiday pay for black friday but we are forced to work black friday. No consideration for holiday time off or any time off for that matter.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long hours that go up to midnight and even past midnight.
horrible work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2017
I would never reccomend anyone to work here. Management sucks, the company sucks, pay is even worst. The hours are inconsistent and limited. Do not work here.
meeting new people every day
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 12, 2017
working at Forever 21 was very fun because you got to meet people every single day also you got to learn about fashion but the down side about this place is closing because sometimes we left the place at 1:00 am and sometimes i dint have someone to pick me up.
The other sales associates were pretty cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 12, 2017
The other sales associates I got to know were really cool, but the management was always very poor, one manager would talk to her boyfriend in the middle of the store for over an hour and sometimes entire shifts while the store was complete chaos, customers would pick products up and drop them on the floor WHILE WE'D BE WORKING IN THAT SECTION, it was really inconsiderate.
Pros
decent lunch break, became friends with the other associates
Cons
poor management, disorganized store, terrible discount
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2017
They never give you hours and it's really slow paced. You don't make a lot and they taxes are huge there! The managers are pretty cool though but not the workers, it's alot of rumors.
Fashionable place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at forever21 , it was a great experience for me . I’m personal into fashion so being in an place where I’m able to help customer with clothes , jewelry and shoes ideas was a plus for me. Also the people I worked with where very helpful and nice.
Pros
Environment, people
Cons
Late nights
The Worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2017
It was the location but there aren't too many people I have known that liked working there. When I first started I had my first mental breakdown ever and was told to go back to work. Management changed very often and not many associates stayed very long.
mixture of things
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 9, 2017
so basically you clean up after the customers help the customers and do go backs that the customers tried on. You get breaks but not always on time or 30 mins before your off and then you have to stay longer. Sometimes Stay 2 hours after close cleaning up the store keep the cash register area clean. Keep an eye out for shoplifters and tell a manger when you see them other wise you can't do anything about it. Managers need better communication skills between one another and employees. Needs to get a maintenance person, get more than a raise when you been there multiple years. Notice an reward good and efficient behavior with employees and try and have a less of a revolving door with employees. Also Don't play favorites!
Pros
make friends with coworkers and managers, upbeat music
Cons
plays favorites, not recognized for good work
It wasn't the best environment to work in
Lead of Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Though I did get along with some of my co-workers, the downside was the blackout months in which we were not able to request consecutive days off. It started in November and ended in January. There was also a lot of drama in the store i worked in. I ended up dreaded going to work rather than looking forward to it.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Management doesn't work with employees when it comes to requesting time off.
Closest thing to slave work ive ever done. Overworked, and underpaid!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 9, 2017
Horrible experience. Overworked, and underpaid. It's like a sweatshop. They have us working 12am to 8am multiple days in a row, and it's not easy work. Some of the managers are straight up rude for no reason at all.
Pros
10% discount which i have yet to see
Too task driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN 46545November 8, 2017
The company is to task driven and forgets about the importance of running a business.... CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! So many task and not enough payroll or time in the day to complete.... set up to fail
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
VERY Stressful, lack of raises and to task driven
21 HR Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
It was a very fun workplace and the people where fun to work with. We always had something to do, although it was a lot of paperwork we managed to get it done. we had a great team H.R corporate. Its a good job.
Forever 21
sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
As a sales associate i had to work with retail items and stock. keep the place well maintained. i loved it i lobed helping customers find an outfit and shoes and more!. i lobe clothing stores.
Pros
Great Discounts, good breakes, Great enviroment.
Cons
At first they didnt train me. i was confused till i asked a employee there to show me what to do.
Stressful
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 8, 2017
I think the people I worked with associate wise is the only reason for staying if it wasn't for the position. I woiodnt recommend that job for anyone.
Positive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  16th Street mallNovember 8, 2017
-organizing clothes, running the register, opening and closing the store
-how to put clothes together for outfits for young adults
-fun, energetic
-competitive on sales, friendly
-clothing returns
-fashion culture, discounts, hours
Pros
discounts, hours
Cons
clothing returns
worst company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 7, 2017
one of the worst jobs I have ever had. Low pay, crazy hours and no respect from management. Did not get paid for all the hours I worked. tremendous turnover with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7