Forever 21
1,700 reviews

Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Always something to do
Stylist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Full time, benefits
Cons: n/a
I throughly enjoy my job at Forever 21. There is always something to do and I get to be creative with fashion. Always busy.
Forever 21
sale associate (Former Employee), Rowland Heights, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: I love organizing and just being able to set up product.
Cons: The managment was horrible. #foreverunpaid #foreverDRAMA
At Forever21 I love being able to organize the stock room. After processing and clean up I felt accomplished seeing the stock room get less and less packed. Didnt feel comfortable managment.
Catty
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: Not enough hours to go around
So many employees, not enough hours.
With the abundance of female hormones, prepare for catty coworkers.
Management changed often.
Fun store but district and above didn't support store staff
Store Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 2, 2015
After working 147 days straight I realize that my district manager wasn't hiring management to help support my team due to the way the candidate looked...not their skill set. She also try to pay an assistant manager more than my co-manager. They also had a rule about the lunches that you had to take after a certain time on the clock and due to not hiring enough management I had to work many lunches due to this rule. I loved opening the store and the excitement of bringing F21 to Knoxville, but the company doesn't have good business ethics.
High paced enviroment
-Incompetent upper management
-Picking up of slack
-Unreliable team
-Decent pay
Retail.. thats all I can say
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 1, 2015
Its great as a first job. If you're not into the clothes it could be boring. Overall you meet great people. I wouldn't work there again though.
OK
Cashier/Stylist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 1, 2015
Working for Forever 21 as a company seems fine. This particular branch I worked at had moody management and overall wasn't the most professional experience I've endured. The job was boring at times and didn't pay well.
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJuly 1, 2015
Forever 21 is just a job every girl would want to work at when they turn 18 which is the reason the applied because the interest i had in the clothing. My typical day ... i would walk in clock in, check what section I'm in, go to my manager for touch base about the day and what our end of the day goal is after that go to my section organize my section maintain is clean. Co-workers to me at forever 21 were just people you work with meaning i wouldn't get them involved in my personal life everything was work related. Job was easy nothing hard about, Management was great when i first started after they went under new management is was okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, MDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Full-Time - benefits, PTO
Cons: discount (10%), store policy (store credit)
Typical day - Monitoring sales, keeping EEs informed on promotions, ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed, giving SA's tasks/sections, MOD doing figure 8s, communicating with customers, providing customer service.

Learned the importance of multi-tasking and communication.

Co-Workers - worked with some very hardworking people.

Hardest part - forever 21 has become an extremely popular store, one that needs an extreme amount of EEs to satisfy the needs of customers, and the tasks of given to us by corporate. Most of the time we dont would not have support, so we would struggle with very upset customers but were told that we had to do with what we have. Corporate would send out ridiculous tasks during the busiest of times.

Most enjoyable part - Working with customers one-on-one and fulfilling their needs. Working and having a great relationship with co-workers.
stock management
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: paid well, and great schedule
Cons: no breaks and not enough payroll for jobs to get finished heave work load for management
Good work flow , great team
not enough time to cover all the things this company needed us to do never paid over time however i did learn a lot for the company ,
work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: some friendly people
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
They are working on management so it should hopefully soon be where it should be. its not a place you look forward going to everyday.
Productive/ Inventory
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Low prices, Variety, All sizes, Diverse
Cons: Employee Discount, Insurance, Short Breaks
It was a diverse environment that was very fashion forward. The inventory arrived constantly and mostly didn't have enough people to break the boxes down. Based on the overall idea of the company it is OK.
It's not as easy as most would think.
Visual Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Any given day you come to work and you would be ready to start your day off with a positive attitude. With this company, your days can be extra long, stressing, and at times just bad. Every so often you have a great, awesome day. I will say that you can learn a lot if you're not that informative when it comes to fashion or being trendy. i believe in having good leadership any and every where you may be employed. I, myself, try my best daily to be that with those that I oversee. However, you do have some bad apples that can bring the moral of your team and possibly you that my supervise you down.
Worst Job Ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJune 29, 2015
Pros: No Pros to this job
Cons: short breaks, 10% off as employee discount, and no returns after 10 days.
A Typical day at Forever 21 is very challenging.
Mangers can't keep up with the employees, I've learned how to approach customer on how to help them find what they need, money handling skills, cashier skills, computer skills.
Co-workers are very friendly. Most of the time
Management was terrible! employees were getting scheduled on days they said they weren't available for.
LARGE store, LOTS of personality!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: got to meet alot of fun people
Cons: weren't concerned for any of the workers and poorly treated.
touch base with the team and see what our monthly goal for sales were.
assist anyone in the store, go back racks, clean your area, maintain the store’s excellent presentation and reputation in the retail industry.
Attended the fitting rooms, display new merchandise and re-arrange the store during grave yard shift.
Fun but not a serious work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
This company management was not the best. Often left us to fend for ourselves. There have been a few times when I has called for manager assistance and was not helped until 15-45 mins after. Co workers play favorites.
A fun place to work
Sales Associate/ Visual Assistance (Current Employee), Dublin, CAJune 28, 2015
A typical day consists of up keeping and organizing things in the store. It is often very busy. The work atmosphere is very relaxed but fast pace. Management is wonderful and will let you grow within the company.
Great place for a starting career but not a place to stay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: great music, cheap clothing, and fun atmosphere
Cons: poor corporate management, little to no compensation for going above and beyond
My first day at work was very exciting. I was extremely happy to be working at one of the leading fashion companies. I was ready to make F21 my career for several years. I learned a great amount of management skill and retail skills working at the company. My manager was amazing within three months I was promoted to head cashier. Within three months of that I was again promoted to Assistant manager. I loved the job at first but the District Store Manager changed and sadly, so did the company. The manager that promoted me left the company due to issues with the new DM. The new DM was not helpful and extremely rude. For 8 months the newly promoted Co-Manager and I ran the store extremely well but with no help from other stores. I was a new ASM and would get no help from upper management accept to hear that I should already know how to handle a situation. The co-workers were very nice but after I was promoted they became 'gossipy' and the environment began to feel like high school. When I would bring up any issues with the employees, the new SM and DM would do nothing to help me resolve these issues. Sadly I left the company earlier than I would've hoped to. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the visual team. I loved helping with floor set and setting up mannequins. On a few separate occasions I tired to change departments from management to visual but was ignored. No wonder the turn over rate is so high.
Fun environment with young people but schedules and
sales associate (Former Employee), new yorkJune 27, 2015
Cons: short breaks, always leaving hours later than scheduled
A typical day would be greeting every customer and trying your best to help them find and suggest things that they may want. You are assigned a specific section of the store and you have to make sure clothes are placed appropriately and are blending with each other. The environment is really fun and alive, there is music playing and the staff was wonderful always in happy moods. The part that was rough was that although you were scheduled to leave a certain time you always had to leave later. You would be scheduled to leave at 12 AM and you wouldn't leave until 3-4 AM sometimes and it was dangerous to leave at that time. For all of the work and dedication also I think the pay was really low and there wasn't many chances of any raises.
poor rating
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens NyJune 25, 2015
working at a retail place can be really frustrating not being able to move up can be really upsetting but overall management wise can be ok to work with. employees get treated fair.

1 2 3 4 5