Forever 21 Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,637 reviews matching the search
Everyone comes together to discuss the daily routine and then gets busy!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 27, 2016
I reported to work on time or ten minutes early and united with co workers and boss to understand where to go and what to do. As the day went on, and it did, time drew to a close at lunch for a half hour. Then usually there were tasks like cleaning the racks in order of purpose from corporate. After was organizing the fitting room. Last was cleaning the fitting room and closing. Sometimes I was able to leave early which left others with cleaning go backs late into the evening.
Pros
Meeting new people that I worked with as well as customers.
Cons
Time away from family left me confused where the tasks just grew harder.
Focus on Quality, fast pace.
QC (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2016
Great company, management was divided between 4/5 individuals covering extended hours and different departments all at once, building a strong team to overcome the short hand adversity at the moment. Usually happens wen a company is growing FAST. Loved the environment and productivity, the fast pace and the overnight shift that was created for QC to do a job well done, sadly it was a temporary position.
Pros
The company outbust an unexpected growed internationally speaking, so many positions became available in a short period of time.
Cons
My position was temporary.
Fast paced, but hip and exciting
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 11, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Forever 21, it was unfortunate that I was not able to stay longer due to relocation..
As a Visual Merchandiser, the hours were really great. 7 AM to 3 PM.. To some that may be a bit early, but when you get off of work you still have half of your day left! PLUS, it gives you plenty of time to take care of your visual merchandising duties before the store is packed with customers.
The only difficult part of the job is that there is TONS of merchandise, so it can be a bit overwhelming!
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 19, 2016
If you love picking out clothes for people and working with clothes, this could be good for you. They do offer benefits and bonuses The shifts are very flexible, it can go from open to close, mid-shift, open or close. Its first come first serve, so if you don't get what you want too bad (depending on your manager). If you don't care to deal with clothes or be someone personal stylist then it may not be for you. Overall if you have a good dependable team and love working with clothes, it'll be great.
Fun place to work, and meeting new people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 20, 2016
I loved working there! Always a good time when I get to greet people and tell them about our promotions, and sales going on. I got to know almost every customer that came in the store by asking questions and making them feel comfortable with asking me any questions about a certain item. I loved picking out outfits for special occasions for customers. Overall it was a great customer service experience.
Pros
In the mall, meeting new people, talking.
Cons
Overnight hours
it was a good first job
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2016
a typical day at my job is going to clock in to work than ask the manager what I am doing for the day it can be fitting room, stockroom,cashier or maintaining the main floor. what I learned by working there is teamwork, because some days are really stressful and you need your co-workers to get through the day. I like all my co-workers, we have fun working and that's how we get through the day. the hardest part of the job is trying to help the customers as best as you can even if they treat you wrong. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with my friends.
Cons
little hours, and pay cuts
Highs and Lows
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 21, 2016
The company has taught me a lot on how to run a business successfully. From staffing, orientation, sales, scheduling, product placement, customer satisfaction, and my own personal growth. However, at this time upper management, DM/corp level are not reasonable with the store expectations. They do not visit stores, they do not offer help with problems, they want to see results without helping or giving store the resources needed. The company used to be pretty good with things like that. However, in the last year it has fallen off a lot with all the changes in the VP and the President.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 23, 2016
Forever 21 is a fun environment to work at if you enjoy being around others. Your day will consist of picking up and cleaning the clothes within the section you have been assigned to during your shift as well as tons of customer service.
Management can be a bit unorganized, but overall satisfactory.
The hardest part is customer service. Dealing with large amounts of people all at once is not for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sales associates that make working a shift more fun and less torturous.
Too much pressure when I worked there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the first few months then it just became a hassle, managers would pressure you way too much, I would be doing work plus another coworkers job. I always had closing shifts even though I had put available all the time. I would close and would probably one of the first ones done and then they would ask me to help a fellow coworker but the person would be talking to other coworkers and on there phone while I'm basically doing there work. I would work real hard to not be noticed for how hard I worked. Workers who have been there longer would get noticed even know they wouldn't do much. There was a lot of favoritism with the managers.
Cons
10 minute breaks, no full time, 25 hours max. per week.
Decent pay for the job functions that needed to be performed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day in PA FOREVER 21 CALL CENTER was being phone ready by 8am, assisting customers for a few hours before going on lunch. Lunch was 30 minutes long.
Management at FOREVER 21 wasn't the greatest, however, they get an "E" for "EFFORT." The call center in PENNSYLVANIA was fairly new, so there were bumps in the road, however, we all worked together as a team to resolve any issues that came along the way.
My co-workers were awesome, we all became one big family by the end of the experience.
I enjoyed being able to assist customer's in picking items out online and over the phone. I least enjoyed not being able to help a customer or satisfy a customer.
Pros
2 free 10 minute breaks
Cons
PTO
Fun work place not so fun work schedules
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
-Offers wholistic training to willing employees. For my first 6 months I been assigned to different stations ( cash wrap, damages,accessories, fitting room, sorting room, replenshing etc.)
-Co-workers are very fashionable (part of job requirement)mostly in their 20s. Only a handful of sales Associates are hardworking, majority considers it a part time job that requires their minimum effort.
-Most (not all) managers are snobbish, out of approxiamately 15 managers I had to work with, only about 4 acted as mentors.
-Schedules change every week. Not good for attaining a regular sleep cycle.
Pros
vending machine in break room.
Cons
doesn't give certificate of employment, only 10% discount to employees
productive, fun, easy going work enviorment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 15, 2016
Absolutely loved the job the people i worked with were awesome typical work day would be stress free you never had to worry about not getting help truly learned the definition of team work. Downside management team was absolutely awful the store manager was rude and non considerate of you needs as an employee, very unprofessional about your private life, and spoke freely about it to others.. upside loved my co workers loved the environment and the job it self.
Pros
discounted clothing
Cons
short lunches, non coordinated breaks
Forever 21 is a great place to work but it has its pros and cons. They cut our hours and we need more money because we work hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 30, 2016
Forever 21 need more security. we also need more than a 30 min break. Also need to give more hours. 4 hours a week cannot pay bills. and mininum wage should increase to 11 dollars an hour. We work hard we should earn more specially if you are going to cut our hours.
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
short breaks, short hours, less benefits, cheap discounts
Turn over its the higuest in retail why?
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2016
Horrible stay away..worst company ever. High expectations does not cover.... associates have no benefits discount is 10% company does not even give store managers any type of incentive to motivate associates ,,,,everything has to come out of pocket if you want to keep them motivated,,,,the turn over its ridiculous, have been a store manager for a long time and i was horrified with my experince in this company, worst year of my life.
Pros
Creative
Cons
No great benefits
productive workplace
Sales Associate/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 7, 2016
A typical day at forever 21 would be assisting customer with their needs. Adding onto sales was something that was very important working as a sales associate. Working here I learned how to visually organize the store, being creative in the different types of in styles that were present. The hardest part of the job was maintaining organization visually by the certain time period while customers were continuing to shop during the day. Although it my have been somewhat stressful at times I enjoyed being creative and expressing my styles throughout the store.
Pros
Very Creative Job Opportunity
Cons
Not enough pay with the amount of work that is done
Fun environment
CASHIER - SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of meeting and greeting customers while also providing exceptional customer service. One learns patient and possible cash handling through retail. Management is not the best, most do not have actual long experience nor great decision making. Coworkers are fun, but most are young due to the job description and requirements. The hardest part of the job is literally cleaning up after everyone's mess and having to keep the work area clean. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers feel great in their outfits and making sale goals.
Fun place to work but needs some work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I loved the job and it was my first job ever working as a forever21 associate. At first it started off good but then after a few months went by everything went bad. Management started showing their true colors and the pay wasn't work it. I was getting paid less then $9.00 an hour. Now looking back at it I would go back but for better pay.
Pros
discount, cute clothes
Cons
short breaks, low wages, management
An fresh fashionable store to work for.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 25, 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. Working for this company was an exciting , fun and energetic experience for me. When I would come to work. We would have five minute meetings or, we would do team building exercises on fashion and item locations inside the store. I would greet customers on entry, ring up sales, help out in the fitting room, and also do the go backs. My managers, and co-workers were very helpful and we all worked together as a team and got the job done.
Pros
Compeitions, discount on food inside the mall, rewards.
Cons
Cleaning up when the store closes.
Productive workplace, great co-workers
Visual Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work can involve either working with stock and shipment, on register/cash wrap, fitting room attendant, or on the sales floor. Much of my time was spent on the sales floor, where I helped customers, manage go-backs (items from the fitting room), and maintain the overall cleanliness of the store. Management and co-workers have been mostly great. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers, as you must do your best to help them while maintaining your composure. The most enjoyable part of the job was having such a great team to work with. Forever 21 is open-minded to the individuals they hire, allowing for great diversity.
Forever21
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2016
This location of Forever21 is a lot better than most locations. They used to make us stay a lot later, but the company has gotten more strict about the closing hours and getting everyone out in a timely manner which is nice. Also, none of the clocks are accurate except one which makes it very easy for an employee to stay later than what they requested. The management staff is nice and considerate. It is a very fun and hip work environment which I like.

2.7