Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Not the ideal work environment
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Discount on products
Cons: Very poor management
The management nor coworkers are reliable, and there was no problem solving at this job. No one believed in teamwork when I was Pro teamwork, it made the job tough. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers at the best of my ability.
Flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Easily cut shift, frequent call-ins, many no-call/no-show, late closing hours
Typical day at work involved restocking merchandise and helping customers. There is constant focus on completing tasks for the day.

Management is okay. Just show up to work with reliability and do your best.

As far as raises and promotions goes, I'll just say claim your hourly pay up front and hope to receive that pay. Promotions do not occur often.

For the most part, management gives breakfast or treats for good work.
Sales Associate and cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 31, 2015
Forever 21 is a busy retail store. Working as a cashier for the retail store was hectic. She constantly had customers purchasing anything from 5-30 items per transaction. I enjoyed working as a cashier there.
good place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2015
this is a great place to work starting off right out of high school or in between jobs. there is not alot of room for advancement but overall it is a good place to work
Several management changes
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment if you're something other than a SA or MOD.
Cons: Needs better management, terrible employee discount rate
I worked for this company for 4, almost 5 years, and I think every year there was a different store/assistant manager. Didn't really enjoy the job until the end of my employment when my job title and responsibilities changed. It was fun to be creative when it came to making visual changed daily, and working overnight to achieve the store's floor sets was fun as well. Management wasn't great, obviously, seeing as how there were so many changes made to that. I saw a lot of associates quit over those years that I was working for the company. It seemed to me that the company as a whole only cared for management and not so much the employees working under them. The location I worked at closed down, and they gave us the option to relocate, or just not have a job.
fashion forward trendy a great place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: no healthcare only 25 hours per week
I really enjoy working at forever 21 I'm just looking to further my career. I learned how to run the business day to day task and different launch events which had to be done in a timely manner. when you have a new associate come on board its up to you to teach the the ropes of the business,so that they can shine as well to getting promoted.
a job with alot of fashion
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDAugust 28, 2015
Pros: more hours
Cons: working with clothing
it was a good job but didnt give me alot of hours at all,i wish it could have been better with that in they was very stuck up ,the people was very judge .
How is this company still open?
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakbrook, ILAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Few good friends
Cons: Everything else
I have t be honest, the only thing keeping this store's doors open are a bunch of whiny little girls that dont know how to be polite even if it hit them right on the face.
At first (it being my first job) I was super excited to start working but as time went on i grew to hate managment and a few co workers with it. First of all, managment is run by children who dont know how to maintain a store and the employees are a bunch of people who couldnt leave high school behind and started random drama for no apperant reason. I only got along with a few people which made it a bit bareable but even then the employee discount was 10% and the pay was minimum. We were worked like slaves in a sweat shop and wouldn't get out at closing until midnight or after.
busy work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Buford Ga.August 27, 2015
Pros: friendly co- workers.
Cons: very messy all the time, late nights
Always busy, at the end of the day the store is all ways messy. sometimes we get out at mid-night which was not ok for the people that had school the next morning. Over all forever 21 is a great company to shop at.
productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: clothes clothes
if you love fashion and people then this retail store is the place to work being around fun happy people that are easy to satisfy with just a size or an opinion
Messy establishment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: got to see new clothes first
Cons: lazy co-workers dirty store
I did not like working here the store was filthy clothes were jam packed every where co-workers were very lazy. When closing the store we would stay up until 1:30 am cleaning the store. it was very complicated to help customers out because all the clothes were thrown either on the floor or on the wrong rack.
great to work
VISUAL MERCHANDISING LEAD (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 24, 2015
Both these jobs I was a sales associate. On a typical day at work I would assist my co-workers if they needed help, if the customers needed help as well I would also help them. I would work cash register and I would also work the fitting rooms. It was difficult some times especially during the holidays but I would adjust quickly and get things done
bad management, and bad work place.
stock (Former Employee), frienswood, txAugust 24, 2015
the company consisted of a young management, which led to teen drama within a normal day of work. overall it wasn't that great of a place to work.
Assisting costumers with the attire they were purchasing
Sales (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Meeting many different people
Cons: The heavy physical labor
It was a very active job that required a great amount of energy and you had to be very good with people and social skills with patience
Great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rio Piedras, PRAugust 21, 2015
- Fast paced but fun and exciting environment.
- Co-worker would help whenever it was needed, and if it was not, they would ask and offer.
Good after school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Discount in store merchandise
Cons: short breaks, rude clientele
Besides a quick way to make some extra cash after school and on weekends this is a terrible place to work. The management is all about favoritism and leaves little to no space to advance. The customers can be very nasty and rude too when all you are trying to do is be helpful and do your job.
stable work place
Assistant Manager, Co-Manager, Store Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 20, 2015
good benefits and competitive salary. fast and fun environment. good on promoting people within. I learn a lot in the 10 years working for this company.
Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: no benefits
The job was good. The pay was good, not too busy. You did not have to deal with the phones! Only emails back and forth with brokers.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord NCAugust 19, 2015
Ring up customers, put away clothes, clean fitting rooms customer service, money handling, makes sure customers was satisfied, keeping a clean work environment
Great people with an exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2015
I assisted customers by finding items that would go perfectly with the outfit they envisioned and organized and arranged clothing while giving great customer service. I was also trained to work behind the Cash Register. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday from different places in the world and helping them find great fashion in a discounted price.