Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 2,938 reviews matching the search
Great Job for someone who is just entering the working world!
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJanuary 4, 2017
Forever 21 generally only hires part time employees so it is a great first job. I found it to be a great job for working while I was still in high school. It was my first job and it taught me great customer service skills and responsibility in the work place. The management and staff is pretty friendly. I did not find any aspect of the job overly difficult, but some find it hard to constantly be on your feet, There is no part of the job that you are able to sit down for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits, not many hours, not much room for advancement
Productive and a warm welcoming environment.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2016
Typical day at work would have to be providing excellent customer service, offering a shopping bag for an easier shopping experience for the customer. Talking about promotions to keep customers aware and informed of any sales. Being a cashier, offer credit to customer if they haven't already signed up for one to ensure they're aware of the benefits and the money they could save while using the credit. Assisting with visuals if needed to by chunking and pulling bad blends and properly recovering the floor for a better presentation.
Great potential
HRIS Specialist - Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
Company has great potential but yet, the leadership runs business as a "me before you" type. Leadership has lots to grow in. Great potential but, lots of senior leadership that does not want to change which can lead to the fall of the company.

Example, no one knows who or what Human Resources does in the building.

Although management needs help, the place is fun and great to work.
Pros
Corporate Starbucks and Cafeteria, Benefits
Cons
Compensation is not competitive, you're expendable to the management
Decent Pay with room for growth but stingy with hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working here, but the turn around time after being hired is awful. I had to wait three weeks for my paperwork to process and for me to actually start to work. When I started, I was making $9.50/hr but after transferring stores, I took a pay cut and now only make $8.50/hr with less hours. The people were typically nice and store management was often disorganized because of a lack of communication from corporate but they do the best they can.
Pros
Benefits after a consectutive year of employment
A terrible place to work if you are in management
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVOctober 9, 2016
I'm sure that each store if different, however working in a store that just recently opened as a manger, I had a terrible experience and have never worked for a company that enabled it's store manager to make decisions based around favoritism. Overall, the management at my store was a disaster, led by a person who aligns more with a high schooler than a professional and surrounded by other under-qualified idiots who enabled her behavior.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management
Forever 21
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2016
Here I learned mainly all of my costumer service experience. In this job my main goal was to make sure every person I came in contact with was greeted with a smile and offered a shopping bag , I did a big amount of personal shopping with clients, so much that they would come in looking for me , I am also bilangual so it helped. In this job experience I learned that making sure custumers were aways taken care and found exactly what they were looking for and its something I have taken with me everywhere.
Pros
everything ran smooth usually
Cons
no benefits and only 10% off but I still enjoyed myself.
Part time somehow became full time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I worked 40 hours a week at the store and went to school at the same time, not getting paid for how much I had to do. Management was constantly at odds with each other, as well as treating employees unfairly when they didn't get their way about things. Customers were extremely rude and discourteous, throwing clothes wherever. Discount for employees was not worth it.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Low wage, no benefits, poor management
Productive, competitive,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
I like working there. It's just that we sometimes get out very late. Depending on how busy we are. I haven't got a raise yet but the people who have been there have said the raises arent good. On the bright side the people are very kind and social. You will feel very comfortable in that environment m
Pros
First dibs on clothes, finding customers what they need
Cons
Late nights, raises arent that good
Fast phased environment but a little unstructured.
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I worked here for about a year as a Visual Manager. I started in August and did not get "training" for the position until February of the next year. It is a very unorganized/unstructured environment with many changes constantly. Co-workers were friendly. The hardens part of working here is the lack of structure. The most enjoyable part of the job is the merchandise assortment- always new styles, etc.
Cons
Benefits are lackluster, employee discount is a joke
poorly managed dead end job.. ok for high school students otherwise not reccomended
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 5, 2016
you will not make enough money to survive with this company and if you aren't in the cliché you will never get promoted. I lost everything working this job at twenty hours a week and when I tried to get a promotion I wasn't the right fit because I'm in my forties not my twenties... Unless you are in high school I don't recommend working here you will lose everything..
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no raises no benifits not enough hours
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 30, 2016
I feel like you can find a job at the same mall for better pay and benefits. They pay you minimum wage and only give a 10% discount which is basically just the taxes from you items. You are overworked because they are always understaffed. I was given full-time hours yet only given part-time benefits.
Pros
nothing
Cons
overworked, minimum wage, 10% discount
Fashionable work place
Visual sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2016
The place is good for college students who is looking to make a little extra money not for a career. Company could be better as in better management, better pay,good benefits etc.
Pros
Fashionable clothes
Cons
No benefits and pay not good
Fun place, cool coworkers, but highly stressful and low hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 15, 2016
As a fashion student, this job was fun for me to express myself with different outfits to wear and advise people to buy. I made friends with a number of coworkers. Those are really the only pros I can think of. The management there was terrible for the most part, the few that were good at managing left after a short time because it was too high stress and very little pay. They would cut hours weekly and send multiple people home most weekdays. I was only there 4 short months, but towards the end the average amount of hours per week per person were about 13-18.. There's no way to make a living wage off that. If you're looking for a second "easy" job to supplement income or something to fill time in between career changes, then this might be the only reason to ever work here. The employee discount was only 10% too, basically just covering sales tax.
Pros
Fast-paced environment, coworkers
Cons
Terrible management, stressful situations, low pay, low hours
Forever 21 is a great place to work but it has its pros and cons. They cut our hours and we need more money because we work hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 30, 2016
Forever 21 need more security. we also need more than a 30 min break. Also need to give more hours. 4 hours a week cannot pay bills. and mininum wage should increase to 11 dollars an hour. We work hard we should earn more specially if you are going to cut our hours.
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
short breaks, short hours, less benefits, cheap discounts
Not what it is put up to be
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 9, 2017
The job is all glitz and glam the people there focus more about appearance and drama more than work, and as far as pay minimum, benefits; there are nun.
Pros
Good for networking depending on location and focus
Cons
Drama
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 19, 2016
If you love picking out clothes for people and working with clothes, this could be good for you. They do offer benefits and bonuses The shifts are very flexible, it can go from open to close, mid-shift, open or close. Its first come first serve, so if you don't get what you want too bad (depending on your manager). If you don't care to deal with clothes or be someone personal stylist then it may not be for you. Overall if you have a good dependable team and love working with clothes, it'll be great.
Fast paced, great starter to get experience
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2016
I worked here for 4 years and I only stayed this long because I had a great manager. I learned so much from this big company but sadly toward the end I learned a lot about executive management and the companies business practices that made me unhappy as an employee and I decided to leave.
There is no employee motivation, the employee turnover is extremely high, it surprises me that the company did nothing to retain its employees. You are worked very hard and are not appreciated nor valued at the end of the day. If you can work here and last more than a year you can take great experience and work anywhere else!
Pros
Starbucks on site, Cafeteria food, Food trucks come once in awhile
Cons
Long hours, a lot of overtime, very few days off, horrible executive management, a lot of favoritism, very little room for growth & promotion.
Awesome energy. Great learning experience.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 11, 2016
I loved working for this company. I learned to demand more money when you get hired cause the amount you get for a raise is not a whole lot. Super fun and great learning experience. If you can survive this job you can survive any job.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Lack of training
It's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Not the best workplace but it's just a simple retail store. You meet great co workers and then you meet really nice customers. Nothing really special.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
No real benefits
I did not get paid enough for the work I did
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 26, 2016
Way too big of a store, way too little workers, difficult to manage, barely any benefits. Everything about it was disorganized. Workers did not receive enough of a break for the work they were doing. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
good clothes
Cons
No breaks, 10% off discount, disorganized, inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8