Forever 21 Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,594 reviews matching the search
Productive and great workplace
Cashier/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the management as well as staff were great and always willing to help, The hardest part of m job was the stocking of clothes, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers. I learned great leadership skills and teamwork skills
fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 28, 2016
working here was like working at a fashion house. all the employees took pride in the way they dressed. it was a really fun environment, really relaxed. I miss working there.
Typical Sales Associate responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 28, 2016
Maintain a base product knowledge to help assist customers in finding specific products that meet their wants while also restocking product throughout the store.
Pros
Plenty of work/hours
Cons
unwilling to work with employees schedules.
Review
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 27, 2016
Overall have had a good experience with the company, managers are flexible with school and emergencies.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Need more hours
great atomsphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 25, 2016
I was a happy day at Forever 21. I learned the different styles for the seasons. The management was great.my coworkers were awesome. the hardest part of this job would be that I was working pregnant. the enjoyable part was I was doing something I love.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no insurance
Too much pressure when I worked there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the first few months then it just became a hassle, managers would pressure you way too much, I would be doing work plus another coworkers job. I always had closing shifts even though I had put available all the time. I would close and would probably one of the first ones done and then they would ask me to help a fellow coworker but the person would be talking to other coworkers and on there phone while I'm basically doing there work. I would work real hard to not be noticed for how hard I worked. Workers who have been there longer would get noticed even know they wouldn't do much. There was a lot of favoritism with the managers.
Cons
10 minute breaks, no full time, 25 hours max. per week.
Forever21
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 24, 2016
Its a great fashion sensed store but i will not want to make this a career. The pay should be more for the work being done, but the job is absolutely no that bad. I can say I love the energy
Relaxed and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215June 24, 2016
My day would consist of helping customers on the store floor, while assisting with dressing room needs. I also did stock and censored new merchandise as we received them.
fun work place
Forever 21, Sales Associate (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2016
working for forever 21 was a great experience for me. My co-workers where amazing, funny, and very happy all the time. the company was one of my favorite jobs. Everyone had such a great attitude. You'd also meet new people from everywhere. great company and great staff.
Pros
free lunches, we'd bring all types of food
Busy and stressful, yet a working progress
Sales Associate / Visual Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 23, 2016
A typical day is usually picking up the mess the night shift left behind the day before. I'm usually (now of days) just doing go backs, pushing products out on the floor, and/or processing products. I've learned that there is a LOT of patience into working in retail; not with just customers but with your fellow employees. I have a bit of a subtle love-hate (I'm using LOVE very lightly) relationship. As a WHOLE I truly do not respect our management, as they tend to treat other LOWER positions as children and not so as equals. I feel as if the management (individually) aren't very mature and most importantly PROFESSIONAL. However, as far as my co-workers, I genuinely adore and respect them. I do feel its because we can sympathize with one another because of our age group AND our positions. The hardest part of the job would have to be the way the managerial positions control the store,which isn't very well. Many things are typically left half done or not done at all. It just literally makes the company look quite bad, to be honest. My most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with my co-workers off or on break. I feel that we make bonds with each other and I learn more and more about them, and that is something I really appreciate.
Pros
cooperative coworkers, repetitive yet simple tasks
Cons
NO benefits, unjust pay, inconsistent scheduling, inconsiderate management
Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
Always positive and making sure everything is going well. Co workers are very different yet helpful and everyone gets along so well.
Pros
Helping someone find that perfect outfit
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work but needs some work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I loved the job and it was my first job ever working as a forever21 associate. At first it started off good but then after a few months went by everything went bad. Management started showing their true colors and the pay wasn't work it. I was getting paid less then $9.00 an hour. Now looking back at it I would go back but for better pay.
Pros
discount, cute clothes
Cons
short breaks, low wages, management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 23, 2016
Forever 21 is a fun environment to work at if you enjoy being around others. Your day will consist of picking up and cleaning the clothes within the section you have been assigned to during your shift as well as tons of customer service.
Management can be a bit unorganized, but overall satisfactory.
The hardest part is customer service. Dealing with large amounts of people all at once is not for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sales associates that make working a shift more fun and less torturous.
Holy Cow its BAD - nooo
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 22, 2016
This is the worst place in AMERICA to work for. I wouldn't work there again if it was the last job on earth. 14 hour shift, cleaning until 3am when your scheduled until 10pm, returning back at 7am to open... no, just no!
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Highs and Lows
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 21, 2016
The company has taught me a lot on how to run a business successfully. From staffing, orientation, sales, scheduling, product placement, customer satisfaction, and my own personal growth. However, at this time upper management, DM/corp level are not reasonable with the store expectations. They do not visit stores, they do not offer help with problems, they want to see results without helping or giving store the resources needed. The company used to be pretty good with things like that. However, in the last year it has fallen off a lot with all the changes in the VP and the President.
helping others.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 20, 2016
On a typical day, I do customer service by helping customers to find what exactly they have been looking for. You help the customers to find an appropriate outfit for an event. you're basically a stylist when you work there.
I love it here!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
My almost two years with this company was AMAZING! I met so many people. This was a true turning point in my life. It shaped my views on my peers and other ethnicities. Shopping and retail unites all people. I learned a lot about myself working here. Great experience; good and bad.
no communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2016
Managers didnt communicate very well. Employees complained about hours being cut. The managers would tell employers if we wanted more hours to get another job, i would get 4 hours at times
Decent job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 17, 2016
I never really had any problems with the company. Just mostly my transportation problem. It takes half an hour to get to Wichita and my car would die on me on the highway.
All in all, it wasn't that bad to work at. Just need more cameras in the store to help catch shoplifters
Flexible work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2016
Forever 21 is a great place to work for a busy college student or for anyone with a busy lifestyle. You are able to make your own hours.