Forever 21
1,536 reviews

Forever 21 United States Employee Reviews

Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLApril 19, 2015
I was appreciative of my opportunity to be employed at Forever 21, but I am currently seeking a job that is full time and encourages promotional opportunities within the company and that offers benefits. Forever 21, unfortunately, did not offer any benefits unless you are a part of management, and did not seem to believe in promoting from within. Overall, I am grateful for my experience and what I had learned while working for Forever 21.
Great Job to get out an exercise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Town East Mall Mesquite tx, 75150April 18, 2015
Pros: Free Breakfast/Lunches on occasions
Cons: No sales that day
A day at work consist of walking from door to door trying to change a customers light company to just energy. I learned the true meaning of working hard to get what you want in life.Most enjoyable pert of this job is getting out to meet new people. Hardest would be walking in the heat for 10 hours straight.
Fast paced, awesome co-workers, too little coverage
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAApril 18, 2015
Overall, working at Forever 21 you get to know new people and it is almost a guarantee that you will become friends with your co-workers. We learned to help each other out whenever we couldn't find an item or when we needed help to doing other duties in the store. However the only downside is that the management in the store I worked in was weak in that we had little to no coverage on a regular basis and that brought a lot of stress to the employees. It was not unusual to have one sales associate and one cashier working one whole floor from open to almost midday with no coverage. By the time the closing team came in the store would be a mess and there would a horrifying amount of go backs that the store was never really ever finished having go backs done. Like I said, your coworkers are amazing but the store was really stressful and hard to maintain.
Very unorganized and a very hands on needy culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2015
I learned a lot of things while working at forever 21 mainly because, you are over worked and cross trained in many aspects. The worst thing that comes to mind is closing depending on the size of the store you can be there till 2 in the morning folding clothes. In addition there are very limited benefits the discount you receive is 10% off which is merely tax.The best part i enjoyed was being able to wear my own clothes but along with that comes a very strict dress code that limits you. Forever 21 is a great first job opportunity it gives you a great learning experience and provides you with work history. In contrast if you are already experienced this job may not be for you.
one of the worste places ever but if you can survive here you can survive anywhere I guess.
Head cashier (Former Employee), chicago landApril 17, 2015
Pros: learn to think fast on your feet, meet some of the best people ever
Cons: enviornment, long hours, no weekends off, poor pay, standard, just everything
So where to begin. You do learn a lot but most of the time you will have to figure stuff out on your own. There is absolutely no training if anything they shove papers at you and expect you to remember everything right away. Management was never on the same page we went through god knows how many managers some good some just terrible to the point I would have to do their job for them and not be compensated for the work. The teens they higher are lazy and hold no standards. My store was really dirty I bet if you swipe your finger on a wall your finger would turn black from all the dust. I fortuantly had the opportunity to move up and become a head cashier I loved it until I realized I was on my own and the best advice a manager told me was to not stress and that is how I survived for over 1.5 years there. Working there was not easy you deal with a lot of gissip, drama, and alot of unprofessionalism. Tons of schedule mistakes were made and if you dare tell a manager you were met with an unhelpful aditude. Extremely LONG hours my location closed its doors at 10 pm which meant recovery and go backs would take up to 12-1am so kiss weekends goodbye and for the low pay rate its aweful. I along with others were treated so unfair when we were the real hard workers. It was just a really unappraciative place just go and ask a current employee how they like working there and I'm sure they will take a moment to answer to try and make it not sound so bad but it is.
Great place to work with good pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 425 Cross Creek MallApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: None
Working at Forever 21 is very fast paced & challenging. If you can keep up with its quick pace & constant moving its a wonderful place to work.
Fun and amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: folding clothes
A typical day at work was fun. I get to greet customers and direct them to exactly what they needed or wanted. I get to tell the customers about our sales that we have. The co-workers that i was working with at the time were very nice and fun. The hardest part of the job was picking up the clothes and refolding them because i had a hard time folding clothes when i first started. The most enjoyable part is that i get to go in and help others find what they need. I like customer service and i like making others happy. I learned that in customer service its always about what the customer wants.
Fast paced fashion forward enviorment
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Tigard, ORApril 14, 2015
Amazing culture, if you do cannot handle a fast paced environment this job is not for you. Holidays, summer and weekends are hectic.
Trendy yet fashion forward retail store
Visual Merchandizer (Former Employee), Broomfield, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Cheap clothing, visually displaying & creating fashion
Cons: Short lunches, little benefits, overnight shifts
A typical day as a merchandizer you would arrive at six in the morning and start on certain areas of the store that need to be merchandized. Your goal is to create fun & creative displays that portray a style or idea.

What I learned was how to visually merchandise and create unique looks & styles. How to make quick creative decisions and how to visually communicate an idea or statement.

Visual Management was wonderful and inspiring. Retail management throughout all retail stores seems to always be lacking inspiration and empathy. Co-workers can be wonderful, but there is always someone who stirs up drama within the retail environment.

The hardest part of the job was completing floor sets that have you change the whole store in five days and you work 10pm-6am each day. It's happens every 2-3 months and messes with your social & sleeping schedule.

Most enjoyable part was working with the product and thinking about fashion every single day; creating new looks, styles, and inspirations all around the store.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 13, 2015
A typical day for me was pretty much folding clothes, assiting customers with any questions about different sizes, also assisting customers with fitting the clothes and etc. I was a cashier when needed but was mostly on the floor.
Fun place to work, but no job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2015
I wish there was room for advancement. Job was only seasonal. It gave me enough time to enhance my customer service experience.
Great Workplace
Co-store Manager (Former Employee), Gretna, LAApril 10, 2015
Pros: You can easily get trained and promoted if you work hard.
Cons: Hours aren't always stable.
Forever 21 is a very upbeat and fast-paced environment that allows associates to have fun along with getting trained to effectively customer service and give customers the WOW experience.
Good for a first job. Not the best there is.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
The management was the only real downfall. We lost almost an entire staff do to management, and the hardest part about this was closing the store with only two people on average every night.
Fun company.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAApril 9, 2015
Enjoy working with customers and my co-workers. The store is huge and there is always something to do. I learned a lot about my management style when I started working here. I learned that I am a very strong leader.
Always Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: Discount on Clothes.
Cons: No benefits, Minimum Wage
The typical day at work was always busy which is something I quite enjoy because the time would go by a lot faster and some days were as if I wasn't at work and it was a apart of my life. My co workers and managers were the best and I quite miss them but I was no longer into retail anymore after the year I was there. The hardest part of the job would be during the seasons it was cold outside we were not that busy so it would only be a few of us in the store daily. In other words , we were always under staff which meant I would have to watch fitting rooms along with other rooms to make sure everyone was always being helped, safe and merchandise were looking good.
Coworkers are fun, job isn't.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, lots of breaks
Cons: Minimum wage
You have to make the best out of the job, you make minimum wage. My coworkers were fun. You have to wear fashion-forward clothing when working there. 10% discount on clothes.
Not as great as it seems.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Not many
Cons: Rude employees
The employees were rude and were always rude when asked them for help, at least most of them a few were actually nice. Some of the managers were also rude but few were nice.
professional working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJApril 6, 2015
Cons: lack of hours
working at Forever 21 is satisfactory. I get along with my coworkers and I have adapted well to the store. The company and management are very organized and professional
Its about greedy corperations and weak leadership
Sales associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 5, 2015
Forever 21 is not a bad place to work. its a fun environment and the work is not difficult, unfortunately it seems to be very difficult to recieve a raise or advancement. Even as a hard worker it seems you miss out on the opportunities that should be available to you. Raise evaluatíon is at your one year mark which most empoyees don't even end up staying until, and if you stay longer than the part time allotted 25 hours per week corperate flags you. Hard workers don't get raises, they don't get advancement oportunity and they can't put in extra hours. When there are so many people working jobs like this who do little to nothing for their entire shift this seems very unfair.
That is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping women find the perfect outfit or just the right item to complete and outfit. I have always really enjoyed dressing other people up. it's like life sized barbies for a girl like me who has a strong passion for fashion.

Overall i would say that at this time entering at the retail store level is ok, occassionally fun, and not difficult but don't expect more than verbal appreciation for your hard work.
Fast paced and challenging
Assistant Manager/Lead of Service (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 5, 2015
My typical day at Forever 21 as a part of management proved a challenge in patience and time management. I learned better team work and communication skills that helped me to excel and be a better person.

1 2 3 4 5