Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 3,700 reviews matching the search
Terrible Workplace
Co. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WASeptember 15, 2017
The Management is terrible, It honestly made me into a bitter unhappy individual who was scared to move on to other things because i was degraded by all Management with poor Constructive Criticism and pushed out of my own career that i worked hard for with no given reason after being Store co. Manager for over 3 years and Right after i was Promoted to my Dream Job They took it away form me with No Explanation Besides "At Will." I was Forced to leave and Find another job by a Corporate Manager i Never Worked with.
Pros
Clothes, Learn Right From wrong
Cons
Lack of Management Training, no room to grow, Unprofessional, degrading
Poor management, Mess of a place to work at
Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day at work is not always so stressful but management makes the environment a very hostile one. The managers are very judgmental and if you do not look the part, you are automatically treated poorly. I advanced pretty quickly with the company but was not given raises. I was a lead/supervisor and was still receiving the same pay as a sales associate. I was eventually bumped up to a visual merchandiser however, I was doing triple the work for little money.
Pros
Cons
Mess of a place
socialy active
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2017
its very important to smile and make everyone welcomed a positive energy makes all the difference. use your time wisely, communicate with your coworkers.
Terrible
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 14, 2017
No benefits worked inconsistent hours and shifts was made to clock out at midnight then clock back in sonover time would not apply unfair employment practices company lost lawsuit over it
nice place for a person who is just working there temporary
Greeter/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 14, 2017
its very nice but the pay isn't enough and there are days that are very stressful. The staff was often fun to work with until they were stressed it seemed like no one got a long with each other. other than that it is a very fun environment and you also meet a lot of awesome people from different countries.
Pros
long breaks, alot of hours, fun enviroment
Cons
low pay for the amount of work, stressful
Fast paced, awesome coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 13, 2017
I love working at Forever 21 overall. Weekends can be very stressful and customers can be very rude. But my coworkers are all nice and work hard. My managers are the best managers I've had throughout my entire experience in retail. They also understand and work with my school schedule which is hard to find. The managers also recognize my hard work, know how to give constructive feedback, and allow me to do visual merchandising which I enjoy doing.
Pros
Flexible, nice coworkers and management
Cons
Low pay
Was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 13, 2017
It taught me many customer service skills , taught me patiences and how to always keep situations under control it taught me responsiability and how to manage my time correctly
Good Atmosphere
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working here and I made friends with all of the employees very fast. It was not stressful, I was able to balance 3 jobs at a time while working this one and doing school.
Long shifts, never leaving
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Have to work 5 ours of OT a week
No tech. and lots of complaints around it
Closing shifts were till 3am
No leadership from above management
No communication from above management
Pros
Merchandise
Cons
No work life balance
Should work better in management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I wish the management team could be 100% better then what it is now. however, the employees are amazing at what they do. Now, the managers besides the store manager could be better at their jobs by helping employees with their job
Pros
Three 10 minutes break whenever we want to take them. Morning shifts everyday
Cons
Lazy management team besides the store manager. The closing could be better

Want to know more about Forever 21?

Ask a question
Challenging environments
Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
Depending in which department you work your work environment will be completely different. Your work life could be miserable or very exciting depending on who is your manager.
i discovered reail is no longer for me working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2017
inconsistent hours sometimes i had 0 hours for 2 weeks.
you cannot depend on this job if you have your own aparment . its petty change. alot of cant dos.
no name brand clothes or sneakers visible
no running shoes.
no visible skin.
any clothing is acceptable to interview in . i went professional ofcourse but there were alot of hires with street clothes .
Pros
idk
Cons
the hours
Fun and energetic environment
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 12, 2017
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Can have downtime but usually always something to be doing, new shipment, new daily goals, re-merchandising
Very customer based
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 11, 2017
Laziness was not tolerated. Management always tried to find a way to accommodate sales associates based on their work ethics. Being quick on your feet and learning how to balance multiple tasks at one is a great way to gain recognition and maybe promotion.
Fashonista Flock
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone here looked like instagram celebrities. So clean looking and stylish. The crew is cool and sonis managment when everyone is doing their work. In the summer hours are great, but after summer let just me say I hope you're only bill is your cellphone.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours and no benifits
Started great but ended horribly.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2017
I worked here for multiple years and the location has declined in the last couple months. The decline is due to new management. The last couple months were so stressful I needed to take time off, but my pto (that I worked over a year to earn) was denied and no number for HR was given when I requested to speak with anyone higher than the store manager/district manager. Even where the posters for corporate numbers are posted, only because mandatory, the number for HR was buried underneath less important ones to the point you could not see it. It was as if the new management wanted to push out any old employees no matter how beneficial that employee was. The only way to advance is to get on the store managers good side by being a brown-noser, regardless he won't appreciate anything that is done.
Forever 21 can be a good work enviroment if at the correct location with acceptable team leaders, but the Oprymills location is currently suffering.
It all depends on management
Co-Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
Like most jobs a lot depends on your management. It can be a fun and good job with the right staff.

Hours are pretty flexible but you work mostly nights and weekends or in the middle of the day so it takes up a lot of social time.
Pros
Compensation good hours
Cons
Stressful lack of support high turnover little structure
Enjoyed being the lead sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I have a strong track record of creating strong relationships with co workers and customers. I always made sure to help assist the customers by making sure they were satisfied whenever leaving the store
productive and fun
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 9, 2017
it was a nice job kind of hard work until you get the hang of it. keeping your station in line was kind of a bug but it kept my kids fed. but not to many hours were available due to over staffed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
not enough hours
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2017
i really didnt like the staff my co workers. the place was clean but the co workers thought they was better then everyone. i just didnt like them. other than that it was ok
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7