Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Hard but fun work-place, never get bored.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calexico CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: The most qualified store manager I ever had
Cons: hard work schedules
The first time I work in Forever 21 I Iearn a lot from my managers and co-workers, from values to responsabilities and everything I needed to know to do my job the way it was suposse to be done. It was a very big store so we were a lot of emloyees and that was the fun part. It was a very good experience for my first job. Two years later I came back and things were different. Management were younger and with less experience, for me the store manager had more responsabilities and less help from the co-managers because of the lack of experience and that was reflected on my new co-workers too.
Fun work place, could of been more organized.
Visual Lead (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 20, 2015
Replenish sales floor re-merchandised if need be. Coach sales team on new and current trends. Very trendy and have some cool styles, the quality of the clothes shockingly getting better. The only company I worked for that gets shippment every day. Which as a merchandiser was quite annoying because we over packed the sales floor with merchandise.
Great management, Fun work environment
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2015
Retail can be a tough place to work but at Forever 21 on the Country Club Plaza they have created a fun work environment full of team work. They also promote from within; making you know that your hard work never goes to waste. Managers are understanding and helpful. You never feel like they ask you to do something they would not. It was a joy to work there.
Good workplace with good benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Bad discount, return policy is not great.
Forever 21 is a good workplace. There are a lot of long days but there is a lot of delegation that makes it seem shorter. The discount wasn't that great. The benefits are very good. My team is very good with a lot of good workers. The company itself needs to make some upgrades in their systems, other than that it is not bad. The return policy causes a few problems with customers.
It was content
Stock team member (Former Employee), San Francisco CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: dealing with costumers
Cons: lack of management
A typical day at work for me, I came and already we had assignments that needed to be done as fast as possible because we had to come in at least two hours earlier before the store opened. I may start on the first floor and folding clothes, or up stairs processing them and hanging. Later on I may start lifting heavy boxes of products into areas that needed to be filled with them. At times I provided extra work when they needed someone to do it I participated in doing maintenance work at times.
A wonerful place to come as you are and dress in the latest trends.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FlJuly 18, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing, you can wear what ever you wanted to wear that was presentable of course.
Cons: Miscomunication with manegers
An typical day at work would start off as going to get the fitting room organized which always took awhile. Then I would go greet some customers and ask them if they need any help. A little later on in my shift I would go switch out and work the register. After the store closes I would consist my last 2 hours of my shift doing go-backs and cleaning up the store for the morning crowd.
I learned a lot about clothing and what goes with what and working in an high fashion store what to wear and not to wear. my co workers was amazing I love them everybody on my shift got along good and we was always able to get the work done. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was dealing with demanding angry customers when we are out of stock with something they wanted, or we don't have there size in a pair of jeans they liked. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing because we got to sit back and do our clean up routine as well as get to know each out. Overall I enjoyed working at forever 21 it is a very cool place to work.
Great job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJuly 18, 2015
Had a great time woring here. love the people. the managers are great and very helpful. Thi job was a great experience. It was a great opportunity.
Great, Lively
Sales Associate, Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 18, 2015
Amazing experience. I learn alot daily. The managers are very hands on. Most of the employees are energetic and beautiful beings.
you will quit once you start I promise
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FlJuly 17, 2015
Managers will bully you, keep you there long hours, and make you fold after the store closes at 1am while they text. Most immature environment I've ever worked in.
Very childish work environment
Stocker, Sales floor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: Horrible management, almost no job security.
Every day working at the F21 in Bakersfield was full of stress and arguments. the managers constantly argue like children (even resulting in insults) on a daily basis. the main manager would punish anyone who got on her bad side, for example: An older man who was a assistant manager was put into the stock room because he challenged her choices about firing someone who was an excellent worker.

The job security was not good, we had people getting fired for the smallest mistakes, or leaving due to the stress management caused.

We worked 40+ hours a week sometimes and Didn't get full time benefits because we would technically be part time.

The only good thing about this job was the flexibility they had. And the other sales reps/ stockers were fun to work with and I enjoyed talking with them while working.
Normal Work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pearl, MSJuly 16, 2015
Pros: team work
My typical day at work was fun sometimes but I took my job serious. What I learned was team work and effort. The managers were cool and serious about their duties about the store but it was a slight down fall. My co workers were fun to talk too and they love being productive with the customers as they walked through the door. They also were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was to maintain the clothes and keep the store looking nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating new outfits that the customers loved and wanted come back and see the sales associates.
Fast-paced, productive, multi tasking, and customer service driven work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 15, 2015
I work in a high volume store. Also, have manage that business for 6 years. I manage about to 200 employees. My job requires me to communicate with corporate employees everyday on our business for the day. I work with a great group of managers and as a team we execute goals for the day. Over the years working for this company, I've learn that for a business to succeed you need to put your customer first at all times. The customers are what keeps for business going. Also, having the right staff to achieve that goal of success. You come across so any different customers through out your business and their feedback that's given whether its a good or bad scenario will always help you. Its up to you to control the motions of your business and find solutions.The hardest part of running a business would be not being able to find a solution for a customer with a bad experience. The most enjoyable is the success of the business or when a customer has a bad experience and you find a solution that will make them keep coming back happy.
Busy, busy, busy
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2015
Great manager, but too hectic of an environment. Hours are flexible and they do compensate schedule needs. Pay was decent and it's a great job for those in college.
Not a fun working environment and management
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: you get to work with some awesome coworkers
Cons: benefits, working environment, management
Typical days at work are mostly slow and sometimes busy depending on the day.
I learned how to organize, provide and elevate customers with good customer service, cashiering, managing coverage for employees and basic training.
Management isn't really good and managers are very rude and inappropriate.
The workers/employees are awesome but the working environment isn't needs improvement.
The hardest part about the job is dealing with difficult customers but in any situation the customers is always right.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with each of coworkers and trying to build a good working environment.
working here was not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 14, 2015
this job was an amazing opportunity and taught me so much but just was not for me. I have no bad review for the company, and the y were a joy t work for while i did.
fast paced, confusing,overwelming, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), bakersfield caJuly 14, 2015
Pros: employees make the job fun.
Cons: no hours, poor management
the only good thing is the workers, and sometimes we can get long breaks. the employees are the employees are what make the job fun.
Temporary Job.
Office/Receiving Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln Heights, CAJuly 14, 2015
12 hour shifts everyday. Inputting data in computers and teach all the other new employees as well since i was am learner.
good
Forever 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee), kennesawJuly 12, 2015
not enough hours and they cut your hours, the management was okay and the paying wasn't enough. the company is a great company besides the paying
Ability to be creative
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Visual creativity, first look at new merch, pay and benefits while they lasted
Cons: Complete morons for managers, "employee discount", ridiculous hours, unexpected changes to schedule, zero support from EE's...the list goes on
Management is ridiculous, as a Visual Merchandiser, your job is never actually complete at the end of the day. You have a million different tasks to complete by the end of your shift and zero support, other than your fellow Visuals. All the while managers are stuffing their faces with Chick-fil-a in the office. Visuals were the glue that held the entire store together, now that they no longer exist, the store will ultimatley fall apart.
Fun and Diverse culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: seasonal
I like working at Forever 21 but it was only a seasonal term. I had to refold and straighten clothes; help customers find certain items; cashier.