Forever 21 Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,589 reviews matching the search
Polite and Med-pace work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2016
The job overall is simple but you have to be energized to perform the duties required such as greeting customers, able to put "go backs" (clothes on racks) back quickly and being on time to show up for work. Being able to get along with co-workers and managers will make the job easy and communication is the key.
typical retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 27, 2016
Management was very rude to workers. was not a very friendly place to work. the relationship with co-workers was not that strong everyone did what they were supposed to do without interacting with others. Hardest part of the job i think was cleaning the clothes on the floors and staying late because one employee did not clean their area properly. poor management.
Unprofessional and Unorganized
Sales associate/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
At first I sort of like this job because the environment was chilled, than as weeks and months with by as employee I did my job, I always did what I had to do. When I was scheduled to work I took whatever shift they gave me and didn't complain. Than were started getting new management, so mangers got fired some just quit out of nowhere thats how I knew things were getting bad. When the new management team came in environment was out of control, one of the new mangers left because she couldn't take it no more. The management is horrible, unorganized and unfair. They show a lot of favoritism and very unprofessional. Besides the mangers the co-workers that I got hired with are great and are very hard workers such as myself. The hardest part of this job is them cutting down hours because they dislike you or there's not enough hours to give, but they keep on hiring people who are very lazy. The most enjoyable part about this job is seeing my co-workers that i started with and helping out customers because thats what I love to do, and I love to laugh and joke around with them.
Cons
everything
Not a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 27, 2016
I worked at forever 21 for a short time. During my time there I was put in multiple situations where I was the only one doing a certain job. The managers were nice but management was extremely lacking. The store was always a mess and it was a very stressful environment. We had horrible benefits and very short lunches.
Cons
Short lunch, only 10% off, management was not the greatest.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 27, 2016
Overall i enjoyed my experience at Forever 21 although they were extremely understaffed. It was a fun work environment and the team made it an interested experience.
love the store hated the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMay 26, 2016
the people that come here are so annoying! they drop the clothes everywhere and are so rude. the management sucked too. they played favorites
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
An fresh fashionable store to work for.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 25, 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. Working for this company was an exciting , fun and energetic experience for me. When I would come to work. We would have five minute meetings or, we would do team building exercises on fashion and item locations inside the store. I would greet customers on entry, ring up sales, help out in the fitting room, and also do the go backs. My managers, and co-workers were very helpful and we all worked together as a team and got the job done.
Pros
Compeitions, discount on food inside the mall, rewards.
Cons
Cleaning up when the store closes.
i love working at forever 21
Cashier/Visual Lead (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 25, 2016
i honestly love working here at forever 21. its been my favorite job ive worked at. i like coming to work and being in sales and as a visual.
Increase company moral
Loss Prevention Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 25, 2016
Trendy environment and business is a constant. If in store manager focused more on management team, the store's productivity and revenue would increase tremendously.
I would recommend people to work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 25, 2016
The store is a good place to work. The employees and Managers are very friendly and supportive. It's just that there are almost never enough staff that works closing shifts.
Pros
Employees
Cons
We stay late after closing to clean up the store, Somerset Mall would close at 9p.m. and the employees don't leave until about 2a.m.
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 24, 2016
I did a bit of everything but work at the register. The fast pace can be a shock for someone if it's a first time retail job, but once you grasp the tasks, it becomes easy to keep up. Your personal style can either be a big draw-in or drawback; customers tend to gravitate toward associates who are more fashionably dressed and that can boost your sales performance. I absolutely loved dressing up for work, especially on store theme days (Black Friday, Christmastime, etc). The regional manager and even the vice president of the company visit stores regularly to check on progress. They were both very personable and correctly remembered the names of the employees they saw during their last visit months earlier, which I thought was quite nice. (It's not often that higher-ups in a large company remember people after visiting so many locations.)
Pros
fashion forward environment, flexible scheduling available for students
Cons
short breaks (30 mins), inconsistent scheduling
My experience
Accessory Lead, Managerial Staff (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 24, 2016
It was a great opportunity to gain the skills and and formalize myself with retails after a 3 year break (after high school). However the location of 0361 in Hicksville has been something to everyone who is seeking fast employment.

I entered in as a Lead/ Manager, sales associates were not treated so fairly and the amount of workers hired were not enough for the stores size. Some of higher managers (those who have been there for a long time) were really rude. For closing shifts managers be prepared to stay for a long time. The age range is young and most are are in college, you would think that those who drive in the rural area would lend a helping hand to get their staff home after a long day of work. But no, come prepared to be independent and get the work done fast and accurately.

If your up to the task go for it.
Pros
breaks, and 10 mins
Cons
attitude, back talk, the lack of costumer service
Great Workplace
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2016
Typical day was merchandising and following corporate directive. Learned a lot about team work and organization. The management team was very helpful and involved in the every day things. My co-workers were mostly younger and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was the stress. The most enjoyable part was the outcome.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
High stress
Fast-paced and creative company
QC Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
Overall, I've learned that a lot goes into creating what goes out in the stores. Fitting the sample merchandise and seeing where the idea of the garment came from is enjoyable.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
very outgoing work environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 23, 2016
On a typical day I will work on go-backs and inform customers about current sales and discounts. I will also have to maintain my section.
sales
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 23, 2016
this place has employees that can be difficult to work with and they only give certin employees 2 days a week when forever 21 makes thousands of dollars a day
Forever 21
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
I would greet customers than start my day. I was always busy. I usually was on the cash register and rung people up. Then I would walk around and make sure the place was good looking.
Great Friendly teamwork
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 23, 2016
The job consisted in maintaining the store organized. Assist customers with anything. Overall I have no complaints !We also helped with organizing weekly schedule. The team is very friendly and had a great time working there
Forever21
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2016
This location of Forever21 is a lot better than most locations. They used to make us stay a lot later, but the company has gotten more strict about the closing hours and getting everyone out in a timely manner which is nice. Also, none of the clocks are accurate except one which makes it very easy for an employee to stay later than what they requested. The management staff is nice and considerate. It is a very fun and hip work environment which I like.
Productive workplace, great co-workers
Visual Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work can involve either working with stock and shipment, on register/cash wrap, fitting room attendant, or on the sales floor. Much of my time was spent on the sales floor, where I helped customers, manage go-backs (items from the fitting room), and maintain the overall cleanliness of the store. Management and co-workers have been mostly great. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers, as you must do your best to help them while maintaining your composure. The most enjoyable part of the job was having such a great team to work with. Forever 21 is open-minded to the individuals they hire, allowing for great diversity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.