Forever 21
1,570 reviews

Forever 21 United States Employee Reviews

ok work environment,
Visual Merchandiser/Brands Lead (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Great People, Management is ok
Cons: pay isn't great, no organization skills at all. LONG, i mean LONG days at works, no appreciation for EE's
a typical work day is coming in cleaning in the morning. we'd have a meeting to discuss plans for that day then everyone went about their day. it was a million things to do with constant launches and impossible work expectations. Organization skills are very poor and ee appreciation is nonexistent
Busy and fun working environemnt
Sales, Cashier, Merchandising (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the people and atmosphere
Cons: part-time no insurance
Forever 21 was a faded paced and fun environment to work in. My day consisted of working the cashier and helping sort clothing on the floor. Customer service was our main focus, to make sure everyone was leaving happy. We served a wide range of people with varying styles and forever 21 has something for everyone! The employees were hard working and kind, I enjoyed going in everyday.
Awesome workplace just insuffient pay
Sales Associate/Stock Lead (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHMarch 7, 2015
Co-workers and management are honestly the best. Everyone gets along very well. They're very helpful, friendly, and honest. Most enjoyable part of the day is learning different styles and sections. Hardest part of the day is closing. The reason being is because a lot of customers hide and throws clothing everywhere.
fun place to work, good first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Downey, CAMarch 6, 2015
you will learn a lot if you try, pay is minimum, coworkers are a lot of fun and the culture is rich. you won't get a lot of hours unless you are one of the best.
Productive and good workplace
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
A normal typical day at work i would have a meeting discussing our goal for the day before we would start our job.Then purchase orders for department merchandise and answered multi- line telephone system. What i have learn is to take care of my task before starting a new one to take my time and make sure everything is accurate. I've also learn that team work makes a dream work.
organized team work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Bruno, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly co-worker, excellent managers
Cons: far from home over 20 miles away
A typical day working at Forever 21 usually consist of keeping the store neat and organized, watching the fitting room, providing customer service, and at the end of the day making sure the store is perfect and neat. I get along very well with all my co- workers and managers almost like a family. the hardest part of the job is remembering where all the clothes go. the most enjoyable part of the job is providing customer service because I love interacting with people and practicing my people skills.
Interactive and fun workplace with a positive environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Montebello, caMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low hours
Customer engagement was the main focus most of my days with this company. Working at a corporate store, managers pushed for exceptional customer service and a well organized workplace. Coworkers maintained friendly and professional relationships. As a cashier I was responsible for balancing phone calls, item look ups, and cash handling while maintaining a positive attitude. Having the last interaction with our guests and ensuring their visit was a success was always rewarding.
Very fast paced environment and very demanding but very awesome if surrounded by a great staff!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: fashion
Cons: communication, and lack of respect for visual team
While working at forever 21 in California I really enjoyed the upbeat fast paced environment. We were compensated well with benefits and I loved all the visual staff I worked with. My manager was very helpful in getting us to get our task done with a sense of urgency. When I got transferred to Georgia that's when the drama happened. I was traveling 2 hours each way to work and had to be there at 7am. There were times I had car trouble and would be told I would be fine to call out as long as I made it up. I cannot work on Saturdays because of my religion and they would make my make up days on Saturdays on purpose.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager / Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: something new everyday.
Cons: long hours.
Love interacting with customers on a daily basis. Enjoying the visual aspect because the company with give you creative control.
It's alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed it when I worked here. The managers I had weren't fantastic but I loved my coworkers. The pay sucks, work hours are long
Good Job
Head Cashier/ Sales (Current Employee), Humble, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: learn new things
Cons: cleaning up and end of night.
Working there has been a great opportunity. Friendly and fun people to work with and for. The Managers are awesome. Enjoy the customers.
Stay AWAY!!!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: everything
While working here, it was tough. The people there are either rude or people that think they are better then you. You only get promoted if you're really good friends with the manager even though you don't have any sale or merchandising experience. They judge you without giving the chance of getting to know you. All I can say I would never recommend Forever 21 as a place you would want to work.
stressful place, very demanding, great workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: cleaning up clothes was dreadful, a popular place
Try to sale as much as we can, give advice and know about fashion, greet customers, help cashiering, Managers were pretty understanding and would make it as fun as much as they could,
Fun Up beat work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment, up beat surroundings
Cons: bi weekly pay, short breaks
The store was full of good music and beautiful clothes, I really enjoyed working in an environment that allowed me to express my fashionista side.
selling clothes
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: no healthcare
who love clothes? I know I do so I could definitely sell them to you. This job is very fast-paced. you have to be very fast and organized in the section that you are in. I had to make sure that all the customers that walked in my section has a bag and I was the one that would ask " Hey. what brought you in today?" in a cheerful manner. Working at forever 21, you have to have a bubbly personality and know every piece of clothing in every section in the store. It was like a memory game working there. Then when I would work as a cashier, you have to be focused on the items the customer would present to you, make sure your scanning all of the items given, make sure that the customer gives you the appropriate amount of money, make small talk so they would feel more welcomed( at the same time) then lastly give them their receipt. With just that part with that job it was about being flexible and maintaining order as you go. I learned a lot by doing this job because its about being focused and being flexible without breaking a sweat or having a worried face. You'd always have to smile no matter what has happened in your recent day. when you walk in there, you have to have a different attitude and you have to be cheerful and smiles. :-)
Fun, Spunky Enviorment
-Help with Grand Opening
-Have Great Customer Service
Not the best enviroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Besides having great clothing, this company isn't very good to its workers. Your co-workers are rude and very hard to work with considering most of the time they do not work. If you're a go getter I wouldn't apply here. It is very damaging to your personality.
Challenging workplace with fun fast-paced environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greenwood, INFebruary 24, 2015
I've learned a lot since I first started. I'm challenged every day, and no work days are the same. The co-workers and family-like environment make the workload easier.

My responsibilities include: Maintaining overall store visual clarity, pushing product from the back to the sales floor, merchandising according to visual standards, setting up/taking down promotions and sales, maintaining window/sales floor displays, dressing and styling floor and window mannequins, pushing projects on the sales floor, collecting/scanning/marking markdowns, and providing quality customer service.

Big box/ 27,000 sq ft
Upbeat environment,
Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: breaks, hours
My typical day as a cashier would be to make sure the cash wrap was stocked with enough bags for the day, also making sure the accessories bens were filled, and wiping down the cash wrap for any dust or dirty.
Once the store opened I was responsible for making sure that the customer found everything okay, and they had a good experience while in the store.
Productive and Workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discounts at the mall
Cons: short breaks
Overall it's a great place to work at. You meet different customers everyday and you'll be able to memorize where certain clothing are in the store. Teamwork is essential especially in time for closing the store or when it gets really busy that day.