Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 2,730 reviews matching the search
Nobody should ever make the mistake of working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2016
Probably the worst place anyone can work at. Just horrible.
The little time I was working there, I wish I would have never done
Pros
The little discount you get off clothes
Cons
management, the workplace, co- workers
Worst retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 5, 2016
Horrible management, very unorganized and probably one of the worst retail jobs I have ever had. The discount sucks as well.
poorly managed dead end job.. ok for high school students otherwise not reccomended
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 5, 2016
you will not make enough money to survive with this company and if you aren't in the cliché you will never get promoted. I lost everything working this job at twenty hours a week and when I tried to get a promotion I wasn't the right fit because I'm in my forties not my twenties... Unless you are in high school I don't recommend working here you will lose everything..
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no raises no benifits not enough hours
fun place to work
Stock room and accessory associate (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAAugust 4, 2016
the people are really nice, managers are very flexible. Everyone gets hours based off of how you work. the max hours for part time is 25. well they say 0-25.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
loved the associates
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2016
I did not like the workplace at all . The managers were so unorganized and very rude . I was getting paid minimum wage and they wanted me to clean dressing rooms were customers had used the bathroom in and i did not like the fact that i wasn't even getting paid enough to do something like that.
Pros
the associates were fun and i enjoyed them
Cons
working there period
Fast paced, great starter to get experience
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2016
I worked here for 4 years and I only stayed this long because I had a great manager. I learned so much from this big company but sadly toward the end I learned a lot about executive management and the companies business practices that made me unhappy as an employee and I decided to leave.
There is no employee motivation, the employee turnover is extremely high, it surprises me that the company did nothing to retain its employees. You are worked very hard and are not appreciated nor valued at the end of the day. If you can work here and last more than a year you can take great experience and work anywhere else!
Pros
Starbucks on site, Cafeteria food, Food trucks come once in awhile
Cons
Long hours, a lot of overtime, very few days off, horrible executive management, a lot of favoritism, very little room for growth & promotion.
Productive place to work i learned a lot.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2016
One of my favorite jobs. I learned a lot about retail, consumer spending and consumer habits. Learning how to adjust to the customer needs and also maintain my work area by making sure it is visually pleasing. I also learned a lot about loss prevention with the training we we taught.
Love it.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 2, 2016
Very diverse company. They give everyone a fair chance at hire and fire. lol. Can be fast paced some days. Get to wear whatever you want to work which is a plus. management is fair and nice for the most part.
Wouldn't recommend
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
Management would constantly dehumanize employees and promote problematic people who would turn out to be sexist or racist in the work place. Not a healthy place to work mentally. Pay is okay if you have a second job.
great job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2016
great, fun, good company, great clothing line, good prices and easy to customer find fashion clothes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SomersetJuly 31, 2016
What i learned in Forever 21 is the environment. The environment there is harder to cope but eventually you'll get used to the environment and can get along with everyone.
great first time job experience for the pros and cons of customer service.
Sales Associate/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 28, 2016
Typical retail setting. Be fashion forward, hae great customer service and great team work and you will be fine.

Things went south when decided to cut hours and introduce Kronos. Can get hectic and overwhelming, rude customers, and heavy shoplifting including management.
Pros
co workers, fashion environment
Cons
customers, management
Fashionable place, not really worth it.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJuly 27, 2016
They don't accommodate you to your schedule, if they do they cut major hours. They will literally only give 4 hrs per week at minimum wage. The pay never goes up like promised at the beginning and always come up with ridiculous way to write up a person.
Decent pay for the job functions that needed to be performed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day in PA FOREVER 21 CALL CENTER was being phone ready by 8am, assisting customers for a few hours before going on lunch. Lunch was 30 minutes long.
Management at FOREVER 21 wasn't the greatest, however, they get an "E" for "EFFORT." The call center in PENNSYLVANIA was fairly new, so there were bumps in the road, however, we all worked together as a team to resolve any issues that came along the way.
My co-workers were awesome, we all became one big family by the end of the experience.
I enjoyed being able to assist customer's in picking items out online and over the phone. I least enjoyed not being able to help a customer or satisfy a customer.
Pros
2 free 10 minute breaks
Cons
PTO
Change is good
Assistant Manager of Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2016
A company that is always evolving, potential employees should be open to change. Starting in 2009 as a sale associate, Forever 21 has given me the tools and education that I need to succeed in the retail environment. Especially in the visual merchandising department.
Fun and always exciting, always evolving with the newest fashion trends
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 22, 2016
This is a great place to start your fashion career, you get a first hand look at the newest looks of each season, takes a lot of work but worth it
Am a very fast learner and fast worker
Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
It was a good job but I need more money they don't really give there employees good raises so I decided to get out and look for another job.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 22, 2016
management made it horrible. the way it was planned out wasn't very good and it was harder work that you are underpaid for
it was a good first job
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2016
a typical day at my job is going to clock in to work than ask the manager what I am doing for the day it can be fitting room, stockroom,cashier or maintaining the main floor. what I learned by working there is teamwork, because some days are really stressful and you need your co-workers to get through the day. I like all my co-workers, we have fun working and that's how we get through the day. the hardest part of the job is trying to help the customers as best as you can even if they treat you wrong. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with my friends.
Cons
little hours, and pay cuts
productive place to work, but small pay and too much drama
21 INVENTORY STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at Forever 21 is a little intense and not organized
I have learned how to manage a team and also how to merchandise.
Pros
schedule
Cons
short breaks, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7