This position is responsible for the design of new parts, part systems, and equipment modifications.
1. Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products.
2. Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support equipment and tooling modifications to improve safety and reliability.
3. Perform complex calculations to determine performance analysis, stress analysis, etc.
4. Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
5. Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing products, equipment, and tooling.
6. Develop program schedules and timelines and coordinate product implementation utilizing both internal and external resources.
7. Research solutions to technical problems and recommend cost effective resolution approaches.
8. Develop and assist in customer presentations related to new product development and/or product modifications and enhancements.
9. Participate in large engineering projects by completing multiple tasks.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
1. May perform other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Knowledge
1. Advanced mathematical skills, including the use of logarithms and quadratic equations.
2. Advanced computer skills, including the use of CAD software.
3. Thorough understanding of design parameters for metal stamping and injection molded components.
4. Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and manufacturing quality tools, including the Design, Failure, Mode, and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) process.
5. Thorough understanding of domestic and European approval agency regulations.
6. Basic management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
7. Advanced verbal communication skills, including group presentation.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
9. Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
10. Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
3-5 years related experience.
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Ability to sit for extended periods.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
Ability to regularly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Ability to use close vision, color vision, and depth perception for extended periods.
Employee is regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.