Forman Mills Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed the work I did and also enjoyed the team I worked for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
I typically worked on my own taking care of all maintenance issues. I was respected by my superiors and co-workers. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and helping out where I could.
Pros
The hours where just right for my needs.
Cons
The commute was too long.
Love this job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreJuly 15, 2016
Meet great people, great customers, nice hours, great team members, flexible position, easy to get promoted.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Cannot leave until the entire team is finished
Nice place to work
Part-Time Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
It's part time though and I like the work but sometimes I get over 25 to 35 hours and I am mostly at 24 to 28 hours. I can't really survive with the hours I get.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
cutting hours
productive place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJuly 12, 2016
The job was pretty exceptional I don't have much to complain about but they were a little unorganized for my liking all together it was a pretty nice environment to work in.
Fun and fast paced
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 12, 2016
I loved working there, i had a lot fun learning new things it was a great experience. I had to move on to a better job for my family.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work would entail returns, exchanges, and layaways as I worked the customer service desk.. The management and fellow coworkers were great and they were team players
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Great company with great management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aramingo Ave. Philadelphia, PA.July 11, 2016
I enjoyed the work and the people that I worked with and the management was always good to me. I moved up to head maintenance associate quickly. I however has to leave because I could not get relocated and the commute was too long and costly.
Pros
I loved working maintenance and helping customers with questions about the store
Cons
Too afar from home
Fast pace environment, friendly people
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2016
Overall Good retail experience, the average day at Forman Mills goes by quiet swiftly as a floor associate. I enjoy helping customers on the floor. the hardest part is managing to keep it clean by closing but we always make it happen through hard work.
sales associate / cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 6, 2016
this was a very diverse job. I received great experience in working with retail. Cashier, Fitting room, and customer service skills.
Customer Service Sale Associate/ Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, OHJuly 5, 2016
The Management is poor, They don't know how to treat their employees, They are unprofessional, rude. I did love my customers that I dealt with on a regular basis.
Pros
I love the customers
Cons
they manager there are un professional
Retail
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJune 27, 2016
While working at Forman Mills I learned more about myself than anything else. I learned how to be patient and how to work with people who refuse to do their job.
Cashier and Customer services
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2016
Once i got hired at this amazing place. I had learn so much thing .. they train me as a cashier and how to do debt and credit . my co worker was a wonderful person and lovely. they show me so much and always make sure you tell your customer if they found everthing they was looking for . i learn alot .
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJune 22, 2016
the people to the food is great never no problems with anyone everyone is very well kept and calm and never no compaling everyone gets the work done and ready to leave at the end of the day
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Do not make this a career
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJune 7, 2016
No one that works here is happy,this place makes me sick it's dirty,nasty,and the some of the customers are horrible. But I do like a lot of the employees that work here.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, too much work not enough money!!!!!!!!
Horrible
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 31, 2016
Managers are rude, they fall under pressure and take anger out on others.
Hours isn't enough to take care of yourself.
Coworkers was alright.
Hardest part of work is when we have to finish a truck in two days with only 4 people and your other coworkers call off.
Most enjoyable part of work is when your coworkers actually come to work.
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours
Tasks at workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 14, 2016
Tagging and putting out stock, cleaning up store and communicating with customers. Hardest part of the job could be completing 4 to 5 tasks at once and the most enjoyable is when the store is slow and I can get task done easy. Management is very good also.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible with your personal life
Cons
short breaks, 4 to 5 tasks at once
Worst time to work here holidays.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 11, 2016
I worked here for one year of my life, and couldn't even afford a room for rent. I would work all week long, work from open in the morning to close at night, and still couldn't afford my own cost of living. I averaged 70 to 80 hours a pay check, and still couldn't afford food, and a monthly transportation pass. The management could range from pleasurable to power hungry, the customers were as expected rude, mean, and unpleasant. the job could've been tolerable if they didn't pay $7.50 an h/r, and paid every other week.
Pros
Cons
Working here
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2016
Work day consist of cleaning off racks of clothing. Co workers were great team players. The most enjoyable part of the day was assisting customers
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
inconsistent hours
big clean clothing store
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
working at Forman Mills was a good experience, I learned about retail. My coworkers were nice and the most enjoyable part of my job was the end of the night closing and cleaning the store.
Pros
I got a lot of hours
Cons
Never got off work on time
Horrible
Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2016
Forman Mills is a slave factory. They expect you to work long hours on no break. Work your department and everyone else and when you don't get what you were expected to get done for the day they try to make you stay or write you up. They show favoritism to the employees that kiss up to them and buy them things but don't do the actually work they were paid to do and give the employees that come in and work actually get their job done two days non the schedule and expect them to perform miracles in the 12-23 hours they do get for the week. The management staff is mean and lazy. They don't teach you anything just expect you to know what your doing like all retail jobs are the same. the hardest part of the job is dealing with management to get instructions for you job for the day, dealing with the lazy employees that they favoritism too and make your job harder and the rude customers that feel you have to shop for them! The best part of the job is meeting the cool nice people along the way
Pros
NOTHING ABOUT FORMAN MILLS IS GOOD
Cons
MANAGEMENT BAD CUSTOMERS UNFRIENDLY STAFF

2.7