Formel D Group Employee Reviews

Productive fun work culture, dirty political cut throat Station manager.
Quality Control / Performance Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2018
As a driver its fun! Working along with other drivers is a great experience. If your looking for advancement there its almost none existent. Station manager there is rude and has little to no experience with a colorful arrogance to him.
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Little to no advancement, cut throat, impersonal station manager.
There Are Better places
Parts Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677January 11, 2018
As a place to learn it was ok but to move on or advance there is not alot of opportunity. lack of Management and opportunities to learn are one of the major draw backs
Pros
Cons
shifts, benefits, Lack of carreer growth
Great Company to work with!
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 15, 2017
I worked with Formel D for a little over a month. I loved it. The staff was easy to get along with. They always had your back. Job was very easy work. But most of all pay was WONDERFUL!
Fast-paced - well compensated
AUTOMOTIVE Mechanic (Current Employee) –  MultipleDecember 12, 2017
Excellent employment opportunity. Long hours and teamwork is a must. Pay is good and you will work hard for it. If you are a worker this is a good opportunity.
Pros
Work hours and pay
Cons
Temporary Locations
I don't want to do this
Lead Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 28, 2017
I did not have an option not to reply to this section; and, I do not approve of this tactic for submitting my resume. There are legal actions to consider as well.
Pros
good benefits, sometimes able to work from home, i.e. weather
Cons
Understaffed, too many work hours per week without support
Not a good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2017
Staff member showed discriminatory actions towards certain team members. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work in. Time spent here felt like walking on eggshells.
Decent Pay, No Outside Life.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton County, TNOctober 28, 2017
Formel D is a decent company to work for if you don't have a family to come home to. You work 60+ hours a week and have to be on call on your off days for possibly more. I barely got to see my family, and although the pay was very good especially on the over time I just didn't enjoy not seeing them. The only other complaint would be dirty politics within the company. A lot of management will assign you with roles with very little praise to taking the load off of them, but as soon as your mess up they will be sure to point it out. When they mess up they tend to blame it on everyone but themselves. The positives there are is you can learn a lot on the job daily, and also it's fast paced at times so you can be active.
Pros
Good Pay, New Jobs Weekly, A Lot Of Learning Experience
Cons
A Lot Of Hours, Dirty Politics, Very Decent Management
Does not support their staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 30, 2017
Working in a contract position, I was chosen as the scapegoat for something I had almost no involvement with. Formal D did not even ask for my side of the story - they simply terminated my contract based on information from somebody trying to protect their reputation.
Cons
More concerned about their contract than their employees
bland work enviroment
ELECTRICAL ENGINERING BMW E/E TEAM (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2017
i worked for Formel D for 4 years and although my time wasn't all bad especially with the same level employees, management could definitely use a huge checks and balances system and although they promote a family style system of we have your back it is evident that that is a lie. anyone who works there for 6 months can surely tell exactly what i mean. so in short better management.
Pros
consistent pay at 10 hour work shifts
Cons
no direct hire system and management can be cut throat( back stabbing)
Get pulled in many different directions
Safety Inspector/Driver (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 30, 2017
Changes happening all the time. Learned the BMW safety and environmental programs. Workers have not been exposed to many safety and environmental programs. Freedom to introduce EHS programs.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Terrible place to work you are just a number
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJune 14, 2017
Absolutely worst place. We were treated as a number and when the forman told us that we had to go out of town for 6 weeks to another assembly plant it wasn't asked it was told. I was told that if I didn't want to go then I should just quit and find another job. I did because I wasn't leaving my pregnant wife at home alone.... Absolutely would not recommend my worst enemy for this company. They are just money hungry people who do not care about there employees, they just care about there production bonuses
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management, swing shift, 7 days a week 12 to 14 hrs a day for months at a time.
No work - no pay !
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2017
Management ( Corporate office ) did not have all facts in regards to keeping it's employees working to satisfy their claim of working a minimum of 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

After working for them since the 24th of April 2017 up to just this week, only worked a total of 16 days. During the rest of the time, was not compensated in any way.

Only response from supervisors to include other office staff was that they did not have any control over the client and it's conflicting schedules, which did not allow Formel D employees to perform task at hand.

Formel D, will not compensate in any way the time for which it's contracted employees sit around not being able to work.
Easy work, pay not great
Paint repair/ line lead (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 4, 2017
You work hard, the pay doesnt reflect that. The insurance is outrageous! The management at the plant treats you unfairly. The jobs are fun to learn, but hard work. Great for people wanting to learn a new trade as in, paint repair, tire mounting, ect.(If employed at the BMW location through formel D)
Pros
Having a job!
Cons
Pay, benefits
It's and ok company to get your start
Yard Sorter (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 15, 2017
Long hours and last minute notices. Really bad tempered supervisor and drama area. Long walks from the parking lots and the distance is far from work area to cafeteria too.
great work place but not enough works and work hours dont give you family time
supervisor technician (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMarch 27, 2017
I loved working there and supervising my team ! The only thing I didn't like was the crazy work hour which made it impossible for family time and church.
Fun place
Reworker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2017
I like my job, but there is no room for advancement. We dont get a let of benifit as a BMW worker. The job is a good work enviorment. I wish they would be hired on
Pros
friendly people
Cons
No advanccement
Vehicle shuttling
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMarch 15, 2017
Formel D was a great experience, and is a fun filled working environment. Basically everyday you relocate vehicles from the Mercedes-Benz plants to the trains and trailers to be shipped.
Cons
Outside weather conditions.
Plant production
Machine/equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2017
long 12hr work days four days of work, 2 days off. than 5 days work and 3 days off. great paying job, quality inspection of cars and parts. rework any issues or problems if found. paper work documentation.
Pros
couple days of a week following few days off. making 40 hrs. plus weekly.
Formel D
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 9, 2016
Its ok, the contract ended kind of fast, and from my understanding it was a hired position and I was not ware of this. it wasn't very organized everybody wanted to be the line leader.
Dishonet and corrupt management.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2016
This job lies from beginning to end. Very VERY racist company to work for. Also very sexist. If your not a white man you need not apply if you want equal pay for equal work. Fired me then lied to the unemployment administration and said that I was never full time and that I hadn't been fired but laid off, effectively attempting to block my unemployment benefits and hinder my family's ability to live. The truth was eventually uncovered after a 6 month investigation and my family thrives despite the efforts of the crooked and evil management of this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
The entire company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Formel D Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

Personal Development

Career Opportunities

Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight