Formica Corporation Employee Reviews

life sucking unstable leech
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHMay 9, 2017
You will have Zero sick days and Zero retirement. Your 401k pathetic as it is will without your permission or input be transferred to the most disreputable and prosecuted company in the business. You may be forced to work 12 hours, 7days a week for months on end. you will be denied any further training or education. You will have your shifts changed at the companies convience. You will not be able to use the so called education benifits because your shift changes will make it impossible.If you should get injured on the job the first thing that will happen is you will loose 2 weeks of your vacation.
Pros
the paychecks clear
Cons
everything else
A great team.
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  NJApril 13, 2017
Employees were looked at to perform all functions of their areas and were expected to assist all other areas when they could. A great team.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
I was working the manufacturing line. I made sure the lines didnt get bagged up with bottles. I also drove a forklift. Also i was a package handler.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breakd
employees are thieves
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHDecember 16, 2016
Formica would be a good place to work if they did not hire lazy people who think it is ok to steal from coworkers. My husband has worked here 24 years and dropped his money clip from his pants pocket. Within 5 minutes, a coworker took over $200 from the clip and threw his money clip back on the ground, after looking at his drivers license and seeing exactly who it belonged to. I am disgusted by such lack of morals.
Productive and great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 31, 2016
Warehouse work, learned all aspects of this company. fabrication, auto press, banding. Certifications on pallet jacks.
Great money, be careful
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHOctober 2, 2016
Can make alot of money, be careful who you talk to, management is sneaky and underhanded also some Co workers, force you to do alot of overtime sometime last minute notice.
Pros
Money
Cons
Forcing you to work a shift, not willing to work with you
very hot warehouse no fans or adequate exhaust.
Forklift operator and order builder (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CA 93263August 14, 2016
very hot warehouse and your are always in a rush little bit of people doling a lot of work.not so friendly place.its very competitive place lots of errors get made because of it. the building is extremely hot in summer just walking around the isles make you drip sweat really fast. the work load is a lot and you have little time to do it. and they force you to work overtime. whenever they want to.
Good money, forced overtime, full benefits
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2016
The money is decent for the work. Union job, so fees are deducted out of every check once the probationary period is completed. Overtime is scheduled, and refusal to work overtime results in points. Eventually the points will lead to termination. Often scheduled to come into work for 4 hours on off days. Can schedule up to 12 hours. Full benefits. A lot of hours, but overall a decent place to work for the amount of money.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Forced overtime
Great place for exercise
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Comfort, INDecember 2, 2015
has awesome people to work with on second shift. It does require a lot of heavy lifting and walking which makes it great for exercising so you don't have to shell out a lot money for gym membership. the hardest part of the job is constant over time which takes away from the daytime. it has great benefits when you get hired on.
if you acquire a lot of skill and know how job can be farely easy
Vitx Treater Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 29, 2015
Formica is GOOD company its had its ups and downs,but through it all I had a great chance to learn a unmeasureable amount knowledge about machinery and the laminate process
Pros
companies willing to give you work to match you individual pace
Cons
you will handle a lot of chemicals and can get dirty a times
Good internship
Design Development Coordinator and Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2015
A great learning opportunity with some very fun people. Got to go to Chicago to Global Shop and help with the show report thereafter.
Productive, flexible work environment with advancement opportunities
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Time management is the most important factor in my daily activities.

My goal everyday is respond to customers and the outside sales team within the guidelines established by our corporate office. If I do not have answers before end of business day, I contact the customers and/or the outside sales team whether I have an answer or not.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have co-workers and management to assist me if I have questions or need help.
Enjoyed my job duties.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHJuly 14, 2015
Enjoyed the detail work and the daily challenges. Great co-workers. Great benefits. Needs better understanding and open communication between departments.
fun place to work
Order Picker, Put Away Items (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 24, 2015
the worst part of the job is that it was really hot an not enough fans to keep it cool. the co-workers were rude and hard to work with and the management was unprofessional.
Pros
breaks every 2 hours
Cons
management needs help
Excellent Company for young men and women
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Samples DepartmentJune 17, 2015
Full service distribution warehouse, serving Formica Distributors and Direct Accounts. Offers incredible benefits.
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
Slim opportunities for advancement
Line Production Worker
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Putting sheets of lamented material on convertor table. And driving lift machinery. And help checking the finish product for defects.
Pros
Work alot of hours
Cons
I wasn't given the opportunity to advance in job position
Teaching and coaching new associates
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Day to day scheduling of all site operations.

How to teach and coach operational associates.
Pros
To see the sites sucess with our customers requriments
Cons
Having to terminate associates
fun and rewarding place to work
Set Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 11, 2014
well structured and organized clean and safe work environment that provided good benefits and income. Has a wide range of advancement opportunity
Pros
a fair place to work
Cons
noise
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 24, 2014
I have nothing bad to say about formica, it was a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people.My mananger was not to much of a good person but I made it through.
good
good
Worked there over 20 years and was fired while on medical leave
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2014
Super weak union, might as we'll be company sponsored. In 23 years needed union help once. Was told too bad, would not even return my calls. When I started there in the 80's was an excellent workplace. Has slowly gone downhill after numerous buyouts, 2 and 3 tier wages etc. if offered my job back today would say no!
Pros
Good employee's
Cons
Management is lost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Formica Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.