Formica Employee Reviews

The Air Force Is Amazing
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMJuly 18, 2017
Excellent training and opportunities for advancement. This is not a review for FORMICA, it is a review of the USAF. I would strongly recommend serving in the AF over other branches of service because we teach our people to ask why and see the future.
Pros
Travel, pay and benefits
Cons
less control over duty locations
Slow paced
Pick packer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 17, 2017
Some people that work there grabbed the "good" orders for them to get a good rating for the days work. They choose favorites and don't treat everyone the same.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 4, 2016
Awesome managers who listen and work hard to resolve any issues you have. Positive work environment and feedback from co-workers all the way down to office people.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Shifts
Great comapany
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2016
Set up the material to be run through the non-treated pattern sheeter. Set up and maintain treater equipment to insure properly stacked and cut material. Set up and run the rewinders to produce neat rewound rolls.
A Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 10, 2016
Formica was great job because the work was easy and the co workers were easy to get along with. They offer benefit such as bonuses every three months which are based on performance.
Pros
easy work, very flexible.
Cons
raises are small
Easy work, you stay busy, but no potential, dead-end job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 29, 2015
It's easy work, you get with a partner and drive around a Crown lift truck that holds a large skid/pallet to hold the product. You use a RF Scanner to get product off of shelves, basic picking/pulling job. You need a partner only because the product is very large laminate counter tops, just thin sheets of material though. Lightweight, just hard to handle. There is no potential with this place, it's a revolving door. They don't plan on hiring you on, they realize you will be gone and replaced by another temp. shortly. Those who do stick around for over a year might get hired on, but it only means maybe .50 cents more. You max out at 11/hr. and the lifer's are partnered up with the newbie's so they get very frustrated. I was promised to be hired on after first 90 days, followed by a 90 day evaluation period, I was still with my temp. service after 6 months. HR would lie to me and tell me they were about to hire me when I would ask. I am young and athletic, I work very hard, I was a valued team member, none of it matters, its a dead end job with no potential. I walked out, best decision I've ever made.
Pros
Easy, several breaks, work at your own pace
Cons
Poor management, stuck with a partner all day, monotonous activity
fun workplace had foosball table
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 12, 2015
I had fun working for formica

the people the work there were good co workers.

I learn to count material on racks

drive the forklift
Pros
good lunches
Cons
no overtime
fun work place where everyone got along
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Comfort, IndianaAugust 28, 2013
formica is a good place to work for a first time warehouse associate. Everyone got along and was treated equally.
its a stable place to work . but it has low room for advancement and i need more pay on the hour .
ORDER PULLER (Current Employee) –  greenfield indianaSeptember 4, 2012
Pros
stable work
Cons
no room for advancement and low hourly rate
Production place to work
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 18, 2012
A typical day was steady and hard working with co-workers who has become to be life long friends.