Forrester Research

Forrester Research Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 3, 2015
This was a very cool job. It was a very laid back environment with very informal rules. The office was huge but you didn't feel like you worked in a big place.
Great people, messy management...just another corporation?
Consulting (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: ping pong table, great work life balance, engaging material
Cons: upper management, lack of food options, remote location (most employees in boston area, management in suburbs...mgmt won)
Forrester is a research firm filled with some of the best business minds in the nation, all driven by a culture of collaboration. It is also a very flat organization as all levels of employee are required to step up to the plate. There are a lot of resources, opportunities to learn, and people to network if you are up to the challenge. The people of Forrester are its greatest resource and greatest – more... ally.

However, for as much good as Forrester offers, there is also bad. Forrester consistently advises its clients to be flexible and capable of adapting to changing business environments quickly, yet internally management is slow to react to change and even more slow to implement new policy or procedure. There is little communication between offices to ensure that processes are universal.

While overall my opinion of Forrester is extremely positive, the intentionally deceitful manner in which they chose to handle a round of layoffs (which, while unpleasant, are a natural part of any business and should be approached both professionally & truthfully) raises the question of whether Forrester has become just another corporation and whether their values of 3CIQ (Client, Collaboration, Courage, Integrity, and Quality) should, in fact, be 2CIQ. – less
Boiler room with no loyalty and no rules!
Sales (Current Employee), Cambridge MaDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits good employees
Cons: extreme pressure, no loyalty, no structure
If you like a lot of gray areas and being let down, this is the place for you. Do not get into sales. It's beyond a boiler room. Managers calling and emailing all hours of the day and night. No balance for out of work family life. Management changes the rules as they go and reps claim and steal deals they have not worked on. Watch your back is all I'm saying. Really think about your quality of life because it will diminish if you sign. They have gone after ex employees for non competes and won't help you in negotiating. They would rather lose a deal and blame you. Please think again and ask why they laid off so many good people and why do top executives keep getting fired or leaving.
Good work life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2014
Very Cambridge-centric, hard to advance when you're remote. Complex portfolio of items to sell, but solid reputation and growing market share in the Marketing & Strategy area.
Great team
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 14, 2014
work was challenging and varied --- team was high powered and the client groups were fantastic to work with
Love Forrester
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I've worked at Forrester Research for almost 5 years, and this is what I can tell you:

Great culture
Great work/life balance
Great value in what we do for businesses
Work never gets boring
Work with brilliant people
Knows how to mold fresh minds into seasoned professionals
All are treated with respect

Bottom line: the best job I've ever had and has changed my quality of life, and afforded many of my dreams to come true. I feel that I am a true contributor, and that I am a value to those I work with both internally and externally.
Headquarters