Forsyth County Employee Reviews

Forsyth County is great.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 3, 2017
Forsyth county is a great school system. The students, parents, teachers, and administrators are committed to excellence. The workplace is very supportive.
Great atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 18, 2017
Loved my job with Forsyth however the compensation for some jobs here are way to low even when compared to other nearby counties. The hourly rate for some positions in maintenance haven't changed in more than 8 years. Very disappointing which is why I left.
Pros
Benefits and holidays off
Cons
Pay
Great Part-time Employment
Youth Attendant -Part time (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 1, 2017
This job supplemented my full-time job and allowed me to put all four of my children through college. This job allowed me to use my professional training as an educator to deal with juvenile delinquents.
Pros
Working with troubled youth
Cons
Crazy work schedule
High Stress Lack of adequate training
Income Maintenance Caseworker II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 27, 2017
The summary says it all....very stressful time mandated job with lack of adequate training. Very little opportunity for advancement. Benefits are good.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Friendly work place
Specialized Instruction Para (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 26, 2017
Managed students behaviors
Curated lessons for each individual student
Taught social skills
I have learned communication skills at all levels.
parents not working with teachers
Pros
Summers and holidays off to be with my children
Cons
low pay
Many opportunities in a rapidly growing community...
Supervising Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 8, 2017
Forsyth County offers unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. Realestate growth and development has rendered the need for an expansion in Public Safety and protective services for citizens.
Productive, friendly place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 22, 2017
My typical day at work includes normal clerical duties and budget management. I have acquired useful skills and knowledge. The workplace culture is diverse and easy-going. The hardest part of my job is time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness of my coworkers and an understanding management.
theFestival of Lights is a fun hard working pt job
Festival of Lights Associate-Tanglewood Park (Former Employee) –  Tanglewood Park, NCMarch 7, 2017
One has to be attentive and quick, at the entrance I was dealing with 2.25 vehicles per minute, in a six hour sift. Handling monies and various customers was a necessity.
good guys and busy department
Firefighter/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Lots of calls and experience. Guys in the field are great. Most of the white shirts came from operations and act accordingly. Pay isnt the best but you get a lot of experience and you can move up
Worst place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 7, 2017
I'd rather flip burgers than work for Forsyth County. The people will back stab you and lie to your face. I have never worked in an environment as negative as Forsyth County. People who work there are very sad and seem depressed. I would not recommend working there, at all, ever.
Pros
My last day
Cons
Friendly workplace with great staff
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Forsyth County is a great to work for. They always answer any questions you have in a timely fashion and the schools in Forsyth County have great teachers and kids.
The customers make the workplace very enjoyable
Income Maintenance Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Customers at place of work are very diverse and make the work experience enjoyable. Compensation is horrible. Learned many policies that will help individuals in the community. Co-workers are supportive when trying to learn new information. Hardest part of the job is figuring out what specific policies for specific programs.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
compensations, micro-management
Looking to step up
General Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 1, 2016
I learnd to do the job right and on time and be prepare how to find new options or solutions to get done any type of job.
Its good company but I need new opportunity in my life and challenges.
good search for what I looking for.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  greenboro. N.C.August 16, 2016
The jobs that I am looking for in the area I want to work in are very precise.I find this company to be very helpful in locating the job that I desire you are very prompt im showing me the job that r e mediately available
Pros
social wotk/sociology/counseling
Cons
admission/administration/clerical
This job was a fun filled job. It allowed me to impact the lives of children.
Educator (Former Employee) –  winston-salem ncAugust 19, 2015
A great place to be a servant of the citizens of Forsyth County. I had a tremendous amount of personal growth working for Forsyth County Schools.
Loved working for the FCSO
administrative specialist (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GaFebruary 19, 2014
I worked in several departments within the county. The management in the 911 center was horrible. If this review was based solely on that time it would have been a "1". However, I loved working with the Sheriff's office. Everyone I came in contact with seemed to enjoy their jobs and were happy to come to work. I had wonderful Sgt's & Lt's. My concerns were listened to and handled. I was employed as a civilian. I was employed for 4 years and left to finish up my degree.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
board of commissioners calling the shots
Typical local Governmental setting
Property Appraiser II (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Good place to work, flexible, however pay is not great at all.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
The job was very rewarding, knowing I was able to help a family in need.
Income Maintenance Caseworker III (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 29, 2012
A typical day at work started at 8am. The customers were lined out the door and waiting to get their cases processed. If there weren't any new employees that needed to be trained I assisted other workers in completing their cases by time deadlines. I learned to control my emotions. We usually kept to our individual case loads of 1000+ per worker. I was a lead worker so I also handled employee and mailed in applications. I also attended several meetings a day in assisting the development of a paperless system. The hardest part was telling someone they weren't eligible for benefits when you knew they really needed the assitance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a family in need.
Pros
set schedule, time requirements, federal laws. comp time.
Cons
irate customers, salary pay instead of overtime.