Forsyth County Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Looking to step up
General Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 1, 2016
I learnd to do the job right and on time and be prepare how to find new options or solutions to get done any type of job.
Its good company but I need new opportunity in my life and challenges.
good search for what I looking for.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  greenboro. N.C.August 16, 2016
The jobs that I am looking for in the area I want to work in are very precise.I find this company to be very helpful in locating the job that I desire you are very prompt im showing me the job that r e mediately available
Pros
social wotk/sociology/counseling
Cons
admission/administration/clerical
This job was a fun filled job. It allowed me to impact the lives of children.
Educator (Former Employee) –  winston-salem ncAugust 19, 2015
A great place to be a servant of the citizens of Forsyth County. I had a tremendous amount of personal growth working for Forsyth County Schools.
Loved working for the FCSO
administrative specialist (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GaFebruary 19, 2014
I worked in several departments within the county. The management in the 911 center was horrible. If this review was based solely on that time it would have been a "1". However, I loved working with the Sheriff's office. Everyone I came in contact with seemed to enjoy their jobs and were happy to come to work. I had wonderful Sgt's & Lt's. My concerns were listened to and handled. I was employed as a civilian. I was employed for 4 years and left to finish up my degree.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
board of commissioners calling the shots
Typical local Governmental setting
Property Appraiser II (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Good place to work, flexible, however pay is not great at all.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
The job was very rewarding, knowing I was able to help a family in need.
Income Maintenance Caseworker III (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 29, 2012
A typical day at work started at 8am. The customers were lined out the door and waiting to get their cases processed. If there weren't any new employees that needed to be trained I assisted other workers in completing their cases by time deadlines. I learned to control my emotions. We usually kept to our individual case loads of 1000+ per worker. I was a lead worker so I also handled employee and mailed in applications. I also attended several meetings a day in assisting the development of a paperless system. The hardest part was telling someone they weren't eligible for benefits when you knew they really needed the assitance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a family in need.
Pros
set schedule, time requirements, federal laws. comp time.
Cons
irate customers, salary pay instead of overtime.