Forsyth County Employee Reviews

Loved working for the FCSO
administrative specialist (Former Employee), Cumming, GaFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: board of commissioners calling the shots
I worked in several departments within the county. The management in the 911 center was horrible. If this review was based solely on that time it would have been a "1". However, I loved working with the Sheriff's office. Everyone I came in contact with seemed to enjoy their jobs and were happy to come to work. I had wonderful Sgt's & Lt's. My concerns were listened to and handled. I was employed as a civilian. I was employed for 4 years and left to finish up my degree.
Typical local Governmental setting
Property Appraiser II (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
Good place to work, flexible, however pay is not great at all.
The job was very rewarding, knowing I was able to help a family in need.
Income Maintenance Caseworker III (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: set schedule, time requirements, federal laws. comp time.
Cons: irate customers, salary pay instead of overtime.
A typical day at work started at 8am. The customers were lined out the door and waiting to get their cases processed. If there weren't any new employees that needed to be trained I assisted other workers in completing their cases by time deadlines. I learned to control my emotions. We usually kept to our individual case loads of 1000+ per worker. I was a lead worker so I also handled employee and mailed in applications. I also attended several meetings a day in assisting the development of a paperless system. The hardest part was telling someone they weren't eligible for benefits when you knew they really needed the assitance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a family in need.