Forsyth Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 9, 2017
Enjoyed working as an Adminstrative Assistant at Forsyth Tech. Worked under a great person. It gave me a challenge working in the English Department. Learned many things from The English Coordinator.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Job was temporary
Worst place I have ever worked
Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 7, 2017
I worked at Forsyth for about eight years as a full time instructor in the Engineering Division. I wish I could say more about this school, but I simply cannot out of good faith. I would never work there again, and I would never advise anyone to work there.
I currently work at Guilford Tech going on six years and its amazing!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
People sucked
Productive Environment
Facilitator/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 30, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Forsyth Technical Community College. The projects are fun and the people are amazing. This program benifits local businesses.
Excellent Work Place
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 23, 2017
Excellent workplace, most people leave only to retire and then some of them return part time :) President of the college has great vision for the future.
Pros
Work Environment, Culture, learning environment
Cons
None really except lower pay than Private Industry
Is a good place to work
Associate Director Development Office (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 7, 2017
The benefits are very good. Employees are all invested and very conscientious of what is best for the overall college and the students. We work with good people who truly care about the students and the college.
Excellent students, poor adjunct pay
Adjunct Professor of Art History (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 29, 2017
I loved my students and the freedom to craft my course content, however, pay was very low and there are no benefits for adjunct professors. Of course, this is the norm across the board for adjunct positions.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay, benefits
Enjoyed my time there
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 29, 2017
Great administrators and support staff. Always willing to work with you to give the students the best education possible. Hard to go from part time to full time.
Student not employed
Student (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 18, 2017
Student not employed great experience. Never worked there was a student only. Great location clean campus great instructor. Course was both interesting and informative.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Hard to get 40 hours a week.
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 20, 2017
It was impossible to get decent hours working at Forsyth Tech. My hours went from 17 hours to 12 hours. I did not get any breaks or lunch schedule. I had to find something else to do.
loved it
Receptionist Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 6, 2017
Wonderful place to work and get an education at. I worked there for almost 2 years. Received my associate degree there. would reapply again for school and work if given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
higer education
Cons
monthly pay
Great
Work Study/Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2017
Great atmosphere and team work. Forsyth Tech is very flexible with their work hours and understanding with school work. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Good experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 17, 2017
Challenging and good developmental experience. The most difficult part of the job was balancing the students to be self-motivated to learn a unique skillset and getting them to perform collectively to the level of standard that will be required in this job environment.
I am a part time employee and I love my job.
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 23, 2017
I have worked here for 5 years and I have enjoyed it. The pay is very good for the hours worked. I would like a few more hours. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
Overall, a good place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 14, 2017
A professional but yet relaxed mood. The academic atmosphere offers continuous learning opportunities. Get to meet and work with a diverse population.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, no benefits for part time
Great place to work!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 6, 2017
This has been my most favorite of all jobs. The hours were wonderful and the staff was even better! The hardest part of the job is not knowing if there will be a budget to keep your department open.
Pros
Great staff, amazing pay, great advancement, very quiet, fun atmosphere
Cons
Budget issues, can come across dangerous student at times
Clinical INstructor
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 24, 2017
bedside teaching with students, as well as Class room teaching. I love education, it is a passion of mine to help others. It is stressful at times when you have a diffcult students but I do the best I can to ensure education is giving with patient safety.
A typical day at work
Student (Former Employee) –  King, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Atypical day at work would be speaking to everyone,while arriving very early. Once I'm clocked in , then its time to do the job i was hired to do, efficiently and to the satisfaction of my employer and my co-workers as well.
Pros
Pro: to work with people who make work not feel like work.
Cons:
Easy going environment
ITS Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Everyone is really relaxed and causal. You get 13 paid days off on top of vacation and sick time. It is a Dell shop which is good then it comes to troubleshooting and parts replacement. I'd recommend this job to anyone.
Good place to tutor unable to proceed up the chain, so stuck moving to a different job.
Part time Computer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2017

The other employees work hard. There is down time when nobody is scheduled. Very flexible to working around class schedule understanding to work around unanticipated schedule.

Great way to keep up with skills leaned in school, because as class is progressed new concepts are leaned.

Management is very understanding and let someone take control when appropriate.

Down time is restricted to "professional development" was the hardest part.

Tutoring is a pleasure.
Pros
Tutoring is a pleasure, Management is very understanding, flexable schedual, down time, difficulty of keeping current.
Cons
Down time is restricted to "professional development", unable to make a living with only this job.
Engaging and Lively Workplace
Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 18, 2016
Working for Forsyth Technical Community College was a pleasurable experience. The synergetic attitude of the staff is without compare. I found the experience very rewarding on many levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forsyth Technical Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4