Fort Bend Independent School District Employee Reviews

A great place to invest in the future.
High School Engineering Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Fort Bend ISD is a great place to work. The administrators and teachers are serious about delivering a quality educational experience to the students.
Relaxed and easy work environment throughout the day.
Textbook Associate (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at Fort Bend warehouse, come in make deliverers, and stocking around the warehouse. Learned how to interact with customers. Management was some of the best i've had in the workplace. The hardest part about the job is when we make a delivery to a school and no ones there to sign for it or and way for us to drop off the books. Most enjoyable about the job is going from school to school seeing what they look like and how they look on the inside.
Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 18, 2018
This is s good suburban environment to raise a child and send them to school. The district strives to be inclusive and solid in what they offer to the community. Children receive a good public school education in Fort Bend.
Very good work environment
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I would recommend Fort Bend to anyone thinking about driving a school bus. The management were very helpful and eager to provide assistance. The children were very well behaved.
Good place to work. Horrible managers in place.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
It was a great experience working there. I need lots of wonderful people. The job was amazing. There were some terrible managers in place at the time I was there.
Fbisd
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 22, 2017
Fort Bend Independent School District (specifically Clements HS) was a great place to work, I love my coworkers and my immediate management. I personally put in a lot of hours between teaching, coaching, and athletic coordinator duties and I am just looking for a change. I would recommend working for FBISD, I had an overall excellent experience.
Education
Educator (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXDecember 7, 2017
Typical Middle School environment where teachers taught middle school aged students and interacted with other teachers and parents. Relaxed work environment
Changing School District
Educator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 3, 2017
FBISD is a district undergoing lots of changes, moving from an Independent School District to a District of Innovation. The changes being made throughout the district have not yet proven to be successful for teachers and students .
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77479October 5, 2017
Implements and administers into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum, which is aligned with the Texas State Standards. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment. Creates and maintains a positive and orderly learning condition in the physical education environment. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction. Analyzes student progress and provides appropriate instruction. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
Productive workplace
Assistant Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 11, 2017
As an Assistant Site Coordinator it was a fun part time job. Management was excellent, from the Site Coordinator to the Supervisors that work separately from us, but visit on occasion. Most of the students at FBISD are very nice to work with, as well as their parents. At this job we spend the day with students and do homework, clubs, play outside, in the gym and in the activity room. The culture was nice and friendly. All my co-workers and I always got along, as well as with co-workers from other sites. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendships and the kids. The hardest part is there are not a lot of hours since it is an after school position.
Pros
Kids, environment, management, friendships
Cons
few hours
Salary
Life Skills Server Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 5, 2017
As a Server Teacher Assistant most people tend to look down on us because of the position that we are in. We work just as hard as the teacher's. Server Teacher Assistant jobs are very hard do and most people don't want that responsibility, but when you LOVE what you do No One can change you mind. It would be greatly appreciated if we had better pay to take care of our family as well.
Going down hill
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 22, 2017
I do not recommend working for this district while it is under the influence of the current superintendent. Being in a position doesn't mean you are good at it.
Innovative and diverse environment.
Inclusive support to Sped (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
Innovative and diverse environment. Everyone works together as a team to lead students to be successful. Many motivational perks to show appreciation to staff. Excellent and hands on superintendent.
Pros
Good workplace environment
Cons
Low Salary
great place to work
Senior Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Bend County, TXJuly 20, 2017
I enjoy waking up to go to work everyday I am also not sure why im being required to do this this is not why im oon this site I would like to find a new job in ca not talk about my current one
New Superintendent leads in better direction
Energy Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 19, 2017
This district has outdated processes and systems, but their financial standing is good and upper management generally supports new ideas and tools, depending on the department you work in.
Protective Workplace where you MUST be prepared for Anything
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 12, 2017
I am a high school counselor and in this position I am able to impact lives in various ways. Teacher, counselor, social worker, trainer, you name it...I do it, daily. It is extremely hard to pinpoint one thing about my job that I do or love more than the other. I love interacting with my students, I just feel as if public education is not what it once was and for that reason I am attempting to find something that will allow me to still make changes and impact.
Pros
Preparing folks for a world beyond the school walls
Cons
Educational shortcuts and ever changing administration with different values and goals
Middle of the road for school districts
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2017
For work required, there is little leadership. Many times employees are required to do jobs far out of job range with no training. Many times the leadership either knows and ask anyway, or has no clue because they are not observant.
Great environment
Physical Education and Health Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
Large school with the facilities to do the job. Students were motivated in learning and getting work completed. Very large class sizes of up to 55, but well managable.
Pros
Time to work
Cons
Large numbers
Community and Family based
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 3, 2017
Loved the sense of community and family at the district. The superintendent is awesome. It is a growing school district. They care about parent concerns.
Pros and Cons of FBISD
Curriculum Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Admin BuildingApril 19, 2017
While FBISD is a rapidly growing district with an amazing amount of potential, once inside the organization, you will quickly see the political nature of the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to sincerely make a difference in the lives of children, but the drawback is the cutthroat nature of the organization itself. There is a great lack of transparency and current employees are not even provided with copies of documents such as organizational charts. The District does not reward loyalty and fails to recognize the skills and potential of most employees.