Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: Responsible for planning and coordinating volunteers and select development and marketing efforts. Works in partnership with the Executive Director and staff to ensure that volunteer and funding needs of the affiliate are met and sustained in order to increase the impact and influence of the affiliate.
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC)/Development Coordinator (DC) is responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and retaining volunteers while providing a volunteer experience that is productive and inclusive of all (homeowners, regular volunteers, and new volunteers) and for growing development by recruiting volunteers for committees, increasing corporate partnerships through the Team Build and Faith Build programs, and representing FCHFH in the community and participating in relevant community groups.
Candidates must possess excellent administrative, project coordination, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. We also seek someone with a ‘team’ attitude, flexibility, integrity, imagination, and mature judgment.
- Implements programs/ initiatives designed to engage volunteers and provide funding to support affiliate operations and sustainability of the organization.
- Assists in the development and implementation of affiliate strategic planning and budgeting, programs, campaigns, etc. as needed.
- Supports public relations and marketing communications to increase volunteer, donor and customer participation in affiliate activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Volunteer Coordination: 50%
- The VC/DC will work with the construction manager and staff to improve the volunteer program.
- Runs the day-to-day duties of the volunteer program including maintaining construction schedule, recruiting, recognizing, and retaining volunteers.
- Works with all departments to meet all construction and non-construction related volunteer needs including events.
Team Builds, Faith Builds & Development: 25%
- Performs donor and prospect research for individual, corporate, faith community, foundations and civic groups and individual giving to determine giving potential and partner cultivation strategy.
- Secures Team Build and Faith Build sponsors and coordinates their build days including lunch, photos, and providing all benefits. Cultivates and grows these relationships.
- Acts as house sponsor liaison on request.
- Cultivates volunteers as donors and to assist in fundraising efforts of the affiliate.
- Develops content related to volunteer, Team Build and Faith Builds for communications including the electronic newsletter, annual report, social media, and website.
- Represents and promotes FCHFH through speaking engagements and other relevant opportunities as needed.
- Participates in relevant community organizations that increase the visibility of FCHFH, including but not limited to Interfaith Council and Continuum of Care
Special Events: 10%
- Manages volunteer recognition and creates one or multiple targeted recognition events
- Supports one or two signature fundraising event(s) annually. Utilizes volunteers and relevant committees to facilitate events.
- Knowledgeable of and committed to the mission of Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity.
- Persuasive written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills—including comfortable speaking in group settings.
- Strong interest in working actively with volunteers to engage individuals and groups in meaningful service.
- Belief in team approach and proactive in sharing information with others
- High level of organization, self-starter initiative, attention to detail and follow-through
- Able to work with a diverse spectrum of people from a variety of faith, civic, business and ethnic backgrounds.
- Able to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
Physical Requirements, Work Environment & Time Commitment:
- Valid driver’s license required and willingness to travel to affiliate worksite, meetings and activities.
- Ability to operate a phone and computer with proficiency in Windows & MS Office environment.
- Full-time position; work outside normal business hours, especially evening meetings and weekends, is expected. Flexibility required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in the areas of marketing, communication, public relations, non-profit management or business preferred.
- Previous volunteer coordination, fundraising and/or marketing experience in the
nonprofit sector for at least 1 – 2 years preferred.
- Salary Range $25,000 - $28,000, Commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package available
Indeed - 6 months ago