Fort Dearborn Company Employee Reviews

Great place for advancement and benefitrs
Sheeter Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Working with Fort Dearborn is a daily learning experience with a managment team and associates always willing to help and give advice. Many opportunities to advance with a great bebefits programm.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
short lunches
Fast Paced
Graphic Prepress Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 20, 2016
Fort Dearborn (and previous names) was a fast paced place to work. Ever changing production schedules kept you moving quickly from one project to the next and sometimes back again.
Varied
AP Specialist/ Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 9, 2016
The company was fun before it was bought out, I loved my job & the
vendors I dealt with. I did a lot of varied work but I lived it. The company was bought out twice when I was there. I have 5 Plant managers & Controllers. I also had around 4 Assistant controllers. That was fun learning how each worked. The issue that most of the employees did not like the corporate office. Some of them did not know what they were doing & made it harder to do the job.
Pros
The job
Cons
The management
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 10, 2016
Sitting at my cubicle organizing and communicating with various customers regarding their orders. Coordinated with coworkers to produce a great product and customer service, was a typical day at work.

Learned quite a lot regarding the labeling industry and everything behind the scenes to provide a quality end product.

Management was very proactive and engaged in each department. Established various tools to maintain quality of product and a healthy working environment.

Coworkers were professional and very team oriented.

Not being able to realize my potential within the company was the hardest part of my job.

The most enjoyable part my employment was my employment development, starting off on the production floor, and moving to the customer relations suite upstairs where I was given my own customer accounts within a year.
Pros
Consistent employee development and support.
Plant atmosphere
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 30, 2015
Cut labels all day, learned how to run cutting machine. Most enjoyable part of job was being productive. As coworkers we learned to work together to get the job done. Hardest part of job lighting was not the best.
Pros
Union
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive, if you were to get fired its because of stupidity
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2015
Management is very understandable, Co- workers is very sweet and easy to work with, I looked forward to the next days of work...
Pros
it whats you make out of it
Cons
N/a
Great Job
Assistant Pressman (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 14, 2015
my typical day is to assist in the running of printing press making sure all materials need are at the job site(inks, paper, plates). Wow ive learned that not all days are good days machinery break downs etc. My supervisors are great have a good relationship with all. My coworkers are like family we have all been there we've been through a lot of good times and bad. preventitve mantainence is the hardest part of the job. most enjoyable is seeing the finished product.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 14, 2015
A typical day, involves customer service, inbound calls, and numerous emails regarding customer accounts.
Manage the process of orders from order entry through shipment of the labels.

worked with 5 other Customer Service Representatives, varying in age and culture.

The hardest part of the position, are the things out of our control, for instance quality issues, and issues in the press room.

It is my responsiblity to be the liason between the press room and the customer.
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Job stability
interesting lithographic set up
Bindery worker, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 4, 2015
this was a family style run corporate business, orders where placed and expected to be run. I learned how labels were made from the roll until packaged. the co-workers were more systematic and ran by process. The hardest part was mass packaging labels at a constant rate, and mass producing paper sheets. The most satisfying part of the job was knowing I cut the roll of paper that later became a label that was just packaged.
Pros
great factory experience.
Great place work
Lead Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MichiganAugust 27, 2014
I worked for FortDearborn in Coldwater Michigan and I was the first African American to work their as a lead press operator. The management and all employees were great to work with.
Pros
the company will give you the training you need.
Cons
no cons, the company stands by there word
productive work
Pre-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 25, 2014
building an image on a computer and out putting it to be printed able to see your work.
Pros
salary
Cons
breakes
Low Cost Provider
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 14, 2014
Lowest cost provider in the packaging print market, low pay
Good people
Flexographic Press Operator III (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 4, 2014
FDC is staffed with really good people, and it is a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
Very little Micromanaging on production floor
Cons
Production is very demanding.
A nice envoirment to work at.
Press Machine Assistant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 23, 2012
I love the job and my co-workers. Theres nothing I regret about working there. Just hope Some of the management staff change with time.
Pros
free pizza when our numbers up
Cons
some days by being a helper you can go a day without any breaks
excellent questions
Leadman and interim-superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2012
Great company wish i still had empolyment there. Had great future with excelent pay.
Pros
pays is good
Cons
24/7 shift