Fort Dearborn Company Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Plant atmosphere
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 30, 2015
Cut labels all day, learned how to run cutting machine. Most enjoyable part of job was being productive. As coworkers we learned to work together to get the job done. Hardest part of job lighting was not the best.
Pros
Union
Cons
Lack of communication
Great Job
Assistant Pressman (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 14, 2015
my typical day is to assist in the running of printing press making sure all materials need are at the job site(inks, paper, plates). Wow ive learned that not all days are good days machinery break downs etc. My supervisors are great have a good relationship with all. My coworkers are like family we have all been there we've been through a lot of good times and bad. preventitve mantainence is the hardest part of the job. most enjoyable is seeing the finished product.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 14, 2015
A typical day, involves customer service, inbound calls, and numerous emails regarding customer accounts.
Manage the process of orders from order entry through shipment of the labels.

worked with 5 other Customer Service Representatives, varying in age and culture.

The hardest part of the position, are the things out of our control, for instance quality issues, and issues in the press room.

It is my responsiblity to be the liason between the press room and the customer.
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Job stability
Productive, if you were to get fired its because of stupidity
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2015
Management is very understandable, Co- workers is very sweet and easy to work with, I looked forward to the next days of work...
Pros
it whats you make out of it
Cons
N/A
interesting lithographic set up
Bindery worker, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 4, 2015
this was a family style run corporate business, orders where placed and expected to be run. I learned how labels were made from the roll until packaged. the co-workers were more systematic and ran by process. The hardest part was mass packaging labels at a constant rate, and mass producing paper sheets. The most satisfying part of the job was knowing I cut the roll of paper that later became a label that was just packaged.
Pros
great factory experience.
Great place work
Lead Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MichiganAugust 27, 2014
I worked for FortDearborn in Coldwater Michigan and I was the first African American to work their as a lead press operator. The management and all employees were great to work with.
Pros
the company will give you the training you need.
Cons
no cons, the company stands by there word
A nice envoirment to work at.
Press Machine Assistant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 23, 2012
I love the job and my co-workers. Theres nothing I regret about working there. Just hope Some of the management staff change with time.
Pros
free pizza when our numbers up
Cons
some days by being a helper you can go a day without any breaks
Good people
Flexographic Press Operator III (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 4, 2014
FDC is staffed with really good people, and it is a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
very little micromanaging on production floor
Cons
production is very demanding.
excellent questions
Leadman and interim-superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2012
Great company wish i still had empolyment there. Had great future with excelent pay.
Pros
pays is good
Cons
24/7 shift
productive work
Pre-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 25, 2014
building an image on a computer and out putting it to be printed able to see your work.
Pros
salary
Cons
breakes
Low Cost Provider
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 14, 2014
Lowest cost provider in the packaging print market, low pay

4.2