Fort Hamilton Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 15, 2017
Patient interaction is the best part of the job. Calming down their anxiety and seeing how appreciative they are of you. The staff is good also. Makes life better.
Poor Management
PRN Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 11, 2017
I worked there as an PRN nuclear medicine tech with the promise of being placed to work part time nuclear medicine and part time MRI resulting in full time hours. My position in MRI was given away to another tech without notifying me about it resulting in me not moving up. I was worked some weeks 40+ hours with no benefits and low pay. Management was poor and did not care about its employers
Cons
Poor management
orthopedic unit
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 8, 2017
a typical day at work is helping patients ambulate and use the bathroom and do their daily activities. hardest part of my day is dealing with sick patients or patients in a lot of pain and you cant do much for them. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients get better and get to go home.
It's not easy to move up
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMarch 21, 2017
It's not an awful place to work overall but at least in my department staff members aren't all treated equally. Favoritism is prevalent and it does no good to go to human resources about anything
Intern
Intern- Psychiatric hospital social work (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 18, 2017
I intern so I cannot comment on the compensation but the management is great. Very supportive and willing to help people learn. Staff is welcoming and fun to work with.
It's a good hospital, caring staff
Laboratory Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 7, 2017
It was one big family working together to save lives. Everyone is treated equally. Hardest part of the job in the healthcare is losing a patient, but someone was always there to comfort you in the time of need.
They don't follow policy . They play favorites.
Environmental Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 27, 2015
It was busy getting the carts out. Sometimes they were really heavy at the end of the day but I did it with no help from other employees they were too good to help me..but I helped people all the time. I learned to keep my mouth shut and never gossip . To do a good job . The hardest part of the job was the stress from other employees trying to get you in trouble with the managers. The most enjoyable job was doing specific jobs and getting them done. Like getting the presidents office ready for the new president to come in cleaning the walls, getting the floors cleaned and dusting and washing the furniture. I found myself extra work to do when I was done with specific jobs I would ask managers if it was ok if I cleaned a certain thing like walls or baseboards.
Pros
The benefits and the nice people you clean for
Cons
The trashy and lazy people you have to work with
Excutive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Monday though Friday daytome
Cons
late hours into evening ending in long days without compensation
training was good
Certified Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 8, 2015
was trained within this hospital and outside of the hospital like working the morning shift and learned so many different areas and techniques of the business.
Productive, Fast Paced
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 26, 2015
Cleaning, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments. Cleaning hospital equipment for patients use on the floors. Sterilizing assemble instrument trays. Pulling supplies for the floors as requested. I learned not to worry about what co-workers are doing, keep your mouth shut and do your job. Most of the co-workers at the hospital did as little as they could do and get by with. The hardest part of the job was getting instrument sets assembled and sterilized while pulling supplies for the floors. The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting the operating room employees and pulling supplies for the floors.
Pros
Working with the operating room employees
Cons
Cleaning Bedside Commodes
Good people and a lot of potential at this hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 29, 2014
Great Intern position, gain a lot of experience in the tech jobs... not as much in the pharmacist job.
Manager of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 24, 2014
Great place to work just looking for another position to supplement my income.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Na
consistent work and great learning environment.
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 18, 2014
was able to work this job while taking classes for my bachelor's degree. Managers supportive and helped me manage work and school.
Patient Tray Worker- Secretary
Patient Tray Worker and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work. Overall a very good experience. co workers were the best.
The best place I have ever worked.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 10, 2014
I enjoyed working every day. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients that were sick and in pain. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful. There was more of a team environment.
Pros
Meeting new people and making friends
Cons
Can't think of any
cook
Tray worker/cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 4, 2014
prepare meals for clients and family throughout the hospital. Making good food for all.
stressful job environment, managment rules all
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 14, 2014
Hated this job! I was stressed constantly. Management did not care about employees and continued to increase workload without increasing staff.
Pros
insurance was okay (high deductible)
Cons
everything
Good Place to work
Clerical Assistant/ Computer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OhioMarch 2, 2014
Assisted patients with diet changes and performed clerical assignments.
Pros
Working as a team.
Cons
Job done away with
Good place to work;
Emergency Department Staff and Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 1, 2014
I really enjoyed working there. When I worked there our hispanic population was beginning to grow which allowed me to learn many things from them. I was a staff nurse when I worked in the Emergency Dept. Hardest part was not understanding spanish
Pros
Good schedule/great coworkers and manager
Cons
working off shifts.
hard work but rewarding
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  OHJanuary 29, 2014
great lab..great friends..rough of the feet but a great job..
Pros
freedom
Cons
breaks never scheduled.. no one to fill in for you