Fort Hays State University Employee Reviews in United States

Open to the community to learn how to dance
Current club swing dance instructor (Vollunteer) (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 31, 2016
Showing up on a timely fashion, introducing the dancers, and instructing basics in a group. Separating the experienced from the beginners to teach them all at their own level is the most difficult because many of them know different things. The co-workers and I instruct together, video the dances and correct the techniques. The most enjoyable part of the job is always learning new tricks and meeting new people. It lasts a 2 to 3 hours.
Being student worker and GTA at FHSU
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 4, 2016
It was a typical boring-work experience, did not like it but I had to work there for my budget. Nevertheless I tried to give my full energy and performance.
Fun Coworkers
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSDecember 17, 2015
Listened to music for three hours while I cleaned and make the Hall looking nice. I had a enjoyable time sweeping and vacuuming, buffing the hallways.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
thirty minute breaks
Great cause
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 2, 2015
This nonprofit works really hard in the prevention and education about domestic violence. They are small but work tirelessly to end suffering of all genders, orientations and people.
Pros
great cause
Cons
smaller operation
Fun workplace atmosphere
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSAugust 2, 2015
They genuinely care about you in and out of the workplace. They do what it takes to help make you feel part of the team and to help you succeed in what you are wanting to accomplish. Great workplace to be in and wonderful staff members.
Wonderful University, with a family like work experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work. Has a very family like atmosphere, between employees and supervisors. Good pay with good benefits. The days go by fast, since there is plenty of work to do, and it's an enjoyable job.
A great stepping stone...
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Good compensation coming right out of college. Perfect for a young single without children. Lots of traveling and promoting involved. Must be excellent at managing time! Excellent communication skills are a necessary, and any background in Social Media is a big help.
Pros
great benefits including health coverage, good "resume builder"
Cons
very little respect and recognition of personal time, little room for growth within company without higher degrees.
I am a down-to-earth and detail-oriented person
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSNovember 18, 2014
After completing my Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management at Sias International University. I worked as Recruiter and labor relations staff member at the Human Resource Department of Sias University in Xinzheng, Zhengzhou. This working experience helps me expand not only excellent administration skill, but also enhance my interpersonal skill. By communicating with different people in daily work, I have realized it was very important to have the ability to process a good communication with different people, because it will produce an effective work performance. I will obtain my Master degree in December 2014 of Master of Liberal Studies Program at Fort Hays State University. I am looking for a job here at United States currently.
Ra
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 9, 2014
I was a college student 2010-2013 and I was an RA during my time at FHSU. I loved every second on it.
Pros
meet new people, off during breaks, create a family
Cons
loss sleep, losing residents
A fun environment and a good learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSSeptember 30, 2014
I was a graduate assistant for various professors in the Advanced Education Programs Department. I completed tasks like filing, grading students’ work, teaching courses and any other additional tasks the professors needed completed.
Pros
a fun environment and a good learning experience
Cons
not in my field
Amazing experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSSeptember 6, 2014
I worked there from the day I moved in as a freshman to the day I graduated and I felt like I was leaving my family. I couldn't have asked for a better job!!
Great Environment
International Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 31, 2014
The department I worked for was amazing! I would not hesitate to work in the department again if a position became available.
Good place to work if you can stand it
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 25, 2014
Telemarketing isn't for everyone, and survey-taking, especially for state and local governments where the target population is small certainly is for fewer people. But they always treated me well and the hours and pay were managable for the job at hand.
Affordable education
Research/Teaching Assistant/Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSApril 15, 2014
FHSU is a very affordable state college in the state of Kansas. The faculty and staff are very helpful and eager to provide you with the tools for success.
Excellent School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 20, 2014
This is an excellent school for students. The music department is small enough to provide plenty of diverse opportunities, but big enough to provide competition. The professors are wonderful, knowledgable, and down to earth.
Emphasized leadership and professional development
DIRECTOR - Forsyth Library (Current Employee) –  Hays, Kansas 67601January 9, 2014
I appreciate my work at FHSU because of the colleagues that I have worked with and the opportunity that I have had to innovate. A typical day at work involves personnel management, strategic thinking, and collaboration with faculty from diverse academic areas. The most difficult part--and also the most enjoyable part--of the job is consistently innovating to keep pace with the changing educational landscape.
Pros
collaboration across many different areas and the ability to innovate
Cons
the ability to innovate sometimes outpaces the desire of many employees
Tutoring
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Rarick HallOctober 24, 2013
Just the basic tutoring job. I help people with any math problems they may have.
Good place to learn and work
Network Technical Support Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 24, 2013
I am a student assistant of the CTC (Computing and Telecommunications Center), my typical day at work was check the issues report e-mail, report them to engineers and assist the technical engineer in troubleshooting network issues everyday after class except weekend.
I learned new way to establish campus access layer network, and how to fix the access problems in different ways.
I learned more knowledge about Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls such as how to configure the EIGRP in an effective method, how to configure the ACL to make sure the network was security.
I learned how to maintain the Netlab System which can help student practice Cisco configure commands on Cisco routers and switches through campus network.
I learned how to cooperate with American co-workers.
I practiced my English communication skills well.
My co-workers are come from different countries such as China, Korea. Of course, most of my co-workers are Americans.
The hardest part of my job the was to troubleshoot the emergency network issues such as the fix the shut down campus network at Friday night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to learn different way when using router or switch protocols such as STP, VLAN, TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF.
Great place to learn and review network technology
STUDENT HELPDESK CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSAugust 13, 2013
Provided technical support for students and faculty in connecting to the Fort Hays State University Internet Service.
Researched and created support documents for distribution to customers and Helpdesk Consultant.
Resolved Internet dial-up technical issues and activated new accounts.
Great college and awesome opportunities for on campus jobs.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJune 6, 2013
It was great to be able to go to class and work in the same place.

4.6