FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY

FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Great Environment
International Instructor (Former Employee), Hays, KSJuly 31, 2014
The department I worked for was amazing! I would not hesitate to work in the department again if a position became available.
Good place to work if you can stand it
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hays, KSMay 25, 2014
Telemarketing isn't for everyone, and survey-taking, especially for state and local governments where the target population is small certainly is for fewer people. But they always treated me well and the hours and pay were managable for the job at hand.
Affordable education
Research/Teaching Assistant/Graduate Student (Current Employee), Hays, KSApril 15, 2014
FHSU is a very affordable state college in the state of Kansas. The faculty and staff are very helpful and eager to provide you with the tools for success.
Excellent School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hays, KSFebruary 20, 2014
This is an excellent school for students. The music department is small enough to provide plenty of diverse opportunities, but big enough to provide competition. The professors are wonderful, knowledgable, and down to earth.
Emphasized leadership and professional development
DIRECTOR - Forsyth Library (Current Employee), Hays, Kansas 67601January 9, 2014
Pros: collaboration across many different areas and the ability to innovate
Cons: the ability to innovate sometimes outpaces the desire of many employees
I appreciate my work at FHSU because of the colleagues that I have worked with and the opportunity that I have had to innovate. A typical day at work involves personnel management, strategic thinking, and collaboration with faculty from diverse academic areas. The most difficult part--and also the most enjoyable part--of the job is consistently innovating – more... to keep pace with the changing educational landscape. – less
Tutoring
Work Study (Current Employee), Rarick HallOctober 24, 2013
Just the basic tutoring job. I help people with any math problems they may have.
Good place to learn and work
Network Technical Support Engineer Assistant (Former Employee), Hays, KSOctober 24, 2013
I am a student assistant of the CTC (Computing and Telecommunications Center), my typical day at work was check the issues report e-mail, report them to engineers and assist the technical engineer in troubleshooting network issues everyday after class except weekend.
I learned new way to establish campus access layer network, and how to fix the access – more... problems in different ways.
I learned more knowledge about Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls such as how to configure the EIGRP in an effective method, how to configure the ACL to make sure the network was security.
I learned how to maintain the Netlab System which can help student practice Cisco configure commands on Cisco routers and switches through campus network.
I learned how to cooperate with American co-workers.
I practiced my English communication skills well.
My co-workers are come from different countries such as China, Korea. Of course, most of my co-workers are Americans.
The hardest part of my job the was to troubleshoot the emergency network issues such as the fix the shut down campus network at Friday night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to learn different way when using router or switch protocols such as STP, VLAN, TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF. – less
Great place to learn and review network technology
STUDENT HELPDESK CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Hays, KSAugust 13, 2013
Provided technical support for students and faculty in connecting to the Fort Hays State University Internet Service.
Researched and created support documents for distribution to customers and Helpdesk Consultant.
Resolved Internet dial-up technical issues and activated new accounts.
Great college and awesome opportunities for on campus jobs.
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Hays, KSJune 6, 2013
It was great to be able to go to class and work in the same place.
It is the fourth-largest of the six state universities governed by the Kansas Board of Regents, with an enrollment of approximately 11,200 students
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hays, KSFebruary 20, 2013
Fort Hays State University is the fastest growing of the Kansas Board of Regents universities.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Hays, KSJanuary 6, 2013
I would create workouts on a day to day basis. I helped communicate with my bilingual background in Spanish. I have assisted the head coach in recruiting, creating weekly workout schedules, and rehabilitation services for student athletes. I have learned may aspects about individuals and the human body. I have been able to manage time with other jobs – more... and also with individual and team necessities. I enjoyed and learned many things from my co-workers and their experiences. I have become more knowledgeable about individuals and myself. The hardest part of my job was time management. I had to manage time through another job as well as being a student. The most enjoyable part were the individuals I worked with and how I was able to influence their lives and help achieve short term as well as long term goals. – less
Good benefits
University Webmaster (Current Employee), Hays, KSMay 31, 2012
Pros: good people with high work ethics
Cons: employees don't feel valued and i think that is a legitimate feeling
Fort Hays State University could be a very good place to work, but with the recent economic troubles, employees are spread way too thin and morale is at the lowest it has been since I started in 1983. Those in upper management seem to be blind to critical staffing needs and are not taking care of the university's most important asset - its employees. – more... This has taken a toll on efficiency and effectiveness. Also, many of us are place bound and they take advantage of that by paying us salaries that are much lower than industry medians. – less