Fort Hays State University Employee Reviews

Starting point for GTA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 20, 2017
Manageable teaching load while completing graduate course work. Not enough support/guidance for completing thesis requirements.
Pros
Campus size, course offerings
Cons
Support for completing degree
Fun environment with great people!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 19, 2017
FHSU offers a great work/life balance. Entire campus staff is pleasant and easy to work with. Somewhat of a fair chance for advancement in the workplace.
Great Place to work!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 26, 2017
FHSU has given me the freedom to establish a basic course in American Sign Language. The secretary to the Communications and Disorders is fantastic. She has my tests and materials copied and ready each week. I love the interaction with my classes and have been able to persuade a few gifted students to switch to Interpreter Training or Deaf Education Programs.
Pros
Consistent semester work
Cons
60 miles from home, not enough 'office' time for the students to get extra help
Good work, poor administration
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 26, 2017
Teaching for FHSU is not bad, but the turbulence in the administration is frustrating and prevents forward progress in many areas. Salaries are probably average for higher ed and the benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Environment and Employers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 2, 2017
I love the physics and mathematics professors that assist the tutors in knowledge of the department. They truly care about each and every individual student.
Secure working environment
Office Manager, FHSU Memorial Union (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 5, 2016
Enjoyed the staff and the learning experience. Business was streamlined, well thought-out in a strategic manner. Thoroughly enjoyed the staff and the knowledge base. They were very willing to share knowledge.
Summary
Evening Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJune 13, 2016
I truly loved working for this employer. Fort Hays State University is a great place to work and it had quite a great dynamic. As former employee i'd recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a job.
Open to the community to learn how to dance
Current club swing dance instructor (Vollunteer) (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 31, 2016
Showing up on a timely fashion, introducing the dancers, and instructing basics in a group. Separating the experienced from the beginners to teach them all at their own level is the most difficult because many of them know different things. The co-workers and I instruct together, video the dances and correct the techniques. The most enjoyable part of the job is always learning new tricks and meeting new people. It lasts a 2 to 3 hours.
Being student worker and GTA at FHSU
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 4, 2016
It was a typical boring-work experience, did not like it but I had to work there for my budget. Nevertheless I tried to give my full energy and performance.
Fun Coworkers
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSDecember 17, 2015
Listened to music for three hours while I cleaned and make the Hall looking nice. I had a enjoyable time sweeping and vacuuming, buffing the hallways.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
thirty minute breaks
Great cause
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 2, 2015
This nonprofit works really hard in the prevention and education about domestic violence. They are small but work tirelessly to end suffering of all genders, orientations and people.
Pros
great cause
Cons
smaller operation
Fun workplace atmosphere
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSAugust 2, 2015
They genuinely care about you in and out of the workplace. They do what it takes to help make you feel part of the team and to help you succeed in what you are wanting to accomplish. Great workplace to be in and wonderful staff members.
Wonderful University, with a family like work experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work. Has a very family like atmosphere, between employees and supervisors. Good pay with good benefits. The days go by fast, since there is plenty of work to do, and it's an enjoyable job.
A great stepping stone...
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Good compensation coming right out of college. Perfect for a young single without children. Lots of traveling and promoting involved. Must be excellent at managing time! Excellent communication skills are a necessary, and any background in Social Media is a big help.
Pros
Great benefits including health coverage, good "resume builder"
Cons
Very little respect and recognition of personal time, little room for growth within company without higher degrees.
I am a down-to-earth and detail-oriented person
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSNovember 18, 2014
After completing my Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management at Sias International University. I worked as Recruiter and labor relations staff member at the Human Resource Department of Sias University in Xinzheng, Zhengzhou. This working experience helps me expand not only excellent administration skill, but also enhance my interpersonal skill. By communicating with different people in daily work, I have realized it was very important to have the ability to process a good communication with different people, because it will produce an effective work performance. I will obtain my Master degree in December 2014 of Master of Liberal Studies Program at Fort Hays State University. I am looking for a job here at United States currently.
Ra
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 9, 2014
I was a college student 2010-2013 and I was an RA during my time at FHSU. I loved every second on it.
Pros
Meet new people, off during breaks, create a family
Cons
loss sleep, losing residents
A fun environment and a good learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSSeptember 30, 2014
I was a graduate assistant for various professors in the Advanced Education Programs Department. I completed tasks like filing, grading students’ work, teaching courses and any other additional tasks the professors needed completed.
Pros
A fun environment and a good learning experience
Cons
Not in my field
Amazing experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSSeptember 6, 2014
I worked there from the day I moved in as a freshman to the day I graduated and I felt like I was leaving my family. I couldn't have asked for a better job!!
Great Environment
International Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 31, 2014
The department I worked for was amazing! I would not hesitate to work in the department again if a position became available.
Good place to work if you can stand it
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 25, 2014
Telemarketing isn't for everyone, and survey-taking, especially for state and local governments where the target population is small certainly is for fewer people. But they always treated me well and the hours and pay were managable for the job at hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Hays State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6