Fort Healthcare Employee Reviews

enjoyed a typical workday
Staff (Current Employee) –  satellite clinicApril 26, 2016
Good and caring patient-oriented nursing and ancillary staff. Great doctors. Poor management. Financial concerns = no raises in past. Expensive health insurance.
Pros
Got to work with good and caring doctors and staff.
Cons
No respect for dedicated service toward employees
Many busy, stressful days, but lots of great people to work with.
ED Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WISeptember 7, 2015
Working in a 18 bed ER dept., is always a lot of red tape (HIPPA), but understandably so. Fort HealthCare has a great many wonderful and supportive co-workers that were always ready to help me learn. The stress level and noise is high most days, but my job as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) was a challenge that I readily accepted and I always looked forward to the variety of the job.
Pros
Teamwork and friendly coworkers
Cons
no breaks in 12 hours shifts
Stress free and relaxed work environment
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJanuary 27, 2015
Fort Healthcare is a great place to work. As someone who works part time, every other weekend, it is nice to come into a relaxed work environment. I work alone, so the only coworker I see is the person I'm relieving. The work itself, is fairly simple until I run across something I haven't seen. Only in this case would it be nice to have someone around to ask questions. That is probably the most difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the quiet on the weekends. If you don't like being micro-managed, this is a great job for you.
Pros
quiet, relaxed
Cons
no breaks, sometimes not enough direction
Great little hospital to work at
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 22, 2015
There was no such thing as a typical day, being PRN and having three active registries meant that I did a lot of jumping around to fill in. All in all it was a good place to work. It sadden me to have to leave.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
manager was intense
Fort Healthcare is a leader in hospital organizations.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMarch 27, 2012
Fort Healthcare offers its employees advancement opportunities with excellent benefits. It's a great place to work. It cares about its patients and employees.
Good Job-
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMay 21, 2014
Great people and place to work. Very family oriented. Unfortunately due to economy cutbacks have resulted in low census and cut hours.
Pros
enoyable staff
Cons
low census, cut hours, no raises due to economy
Supportive and Caring Work Environment
Benefit Specialist and Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WI 53538November 24, 2014
Fort HealthCare is a wonderful place to work. The management as well as the employees are all very supportive and caring. You are definitely treated like family.
Pros
flexible hours. safe environment. friendly staff. caring management.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WiMarch 10, 2014
I really love working for Fort Healthcare. Unfortunately at this time there is not enough hours (or demand) for my field. Hopefully this will change in the near future.
Pros
great people to work with, good benefits, fair pay
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place
Intercept Paramedic/Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIApril 27, 2013
I worked in the ER and, aside from an occasional grumpy nurse, it was a great experience. My only complaint is the aforementioned grumpy and difficult to work with co-worker that seem to be everywhere, unfortunately, in healthcare
Pros
patient care setting, decent patient load compared to bigger hospitals
Cons
disgruntled emergency room nursing staff that have bad attitudes
Awesome environment, great morals and great coworkers.
Department Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJuly 10, 2013
I have learned so much with the computer systems, opening and closing the outpatient lab, ICD-9 Codes, and the test names. I love working with the patients, and working in the hospital and office setting.
Pros
hospital setting
Cons
i don't work a full time position
Very patient concious
Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  RadiologyMarch 2, 2012
Fort Healthcare is very focused on what is best for the patient. It is a very close knit origination to work for.

Fort Healthcare Reviews by Location