Fort Lauderdale Hospital Employee Reviews

Good starting point.
Program Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 5, 2017
Get out once your licensed. It's a good stepping stone but the administration will burn you out. Extremely limited in any support, they expect one person to complete the work load of 3 people.
Pros
Will take those with limited experience
Cons
Extremely limited support from management
Not the best
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2017
Really not the best place. Work place is dirty and smells. Consistently under staffed. Patient to staff ratio is ridiculous and you are still held accountable for every thing.
No support
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 11, 2017
This company is money hungry. They are only looking to make a quick buck. The hospital does not care about their employees happiness or well-being. Poorly managed
Very busy hospital
Clinical Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2017
I worked here per diem for many years, revolving door of patients, lots of paperwork. I didn't mind the business as it made the day go by faster. Lots of phone calls with various insurance companies.
Fun place to work enjoyed assisting the coders by preparing patients permanent charts.
HIM Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2017
It was a great work environment however stressful at times. I needed to assemble 25 plus charts a day. I was glad to know I was able to help the coders be more productive in their role. The general atmosphere at the hospital was positive with others from different departments willing to help each other..
Pros
co workers are helpful. Supervisor provides guidance to help you perform better
Cons
my position was per diem only.
Lacks Structure
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Not the best place to start off your nursing career. the place isn't organized and it lacks a considerate amount of structure.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2016
• Enforce rules and keep order within the prison to ensure safety
• Supervise activities of inmates maintain accurate counts of Inmates at all times
• Communicate with Inmates to give instructions and listen to their complaints or problems
• Inspect facility to ensure that the standards are met and ensure all equipment are operable
Although there were tough times there, I learned more at FLH than any other job
Director of Pride Institute Fort Lauderdale (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 13, 2016
Working inpatient psych and substance abuse, you are exposed to many different disorders, every day. The six years I was there I gained most likely 75 percent of the skill and knowledge that I carry with me as a clinician today.
Pros
Great experience to advance career
Cons
A little too political within the staff.
Best job
MHT (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 30, 2015
Working for this company I loved it. But I had a family emergency and had to relocate. I was a mht meaning mental health tech.
Do not work there
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2015
Fort Lauderdale Hospital over work you and does not want to pay.Worse hospital to work for ever. I do not recommend this hospital at all.
Understaffed
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2015
Unsafe work environment. The patient to staff ratio is way over what is initially told upon hiring. The facility is falling apart and it has roaches.
Making sure we have a safe day.
Medical Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2015
My day starts with receiving report on all the patients. Then we as a team will start the 15 minutes checks. We will do these checks every 15 minutes. The purpose for the 15 minutes checks, is to make sure no one hurting themselves. We provide them with all their meals. We also have groups with them. Overall, we as s team are making sure that the patients are safe.
Caring place for patients
President & CEO & Governing Board Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 17, 2014
long term reputation
Professional staff
Excellent location
Pros
recognized for patient care
long shifts
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Generally admit new patients upon arrival,12 hour shifts..
Just a JOB!! Very easy
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale FLAugust 29, 2014
typical day was checking on patient did not learn much but how to put together a patient's chart management was not the best but it worked out co-worker was great but the hardest part was the down time it really made the job go by very slow and the most enjoyable part was that the job was not hard at all
Pros
laid back work
Cons
to much down time
ununprofessional unsafe
mental health nurse (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdaleJune 18, 2014
Terribly unsafe environment where one can loose his license. Management motivated by money.
Pros
easy place to get a job
Cons
careless
A place where you learn a lot from patients
Registered Nurse-RN (Current Employee) –  DORAL MIAMIApril 22, 2014
I start every morning with the new admission assessments including fall precautions ,medical issues,medications that patient is current taking suicidal risk assessments(psychiatric patients)and urine screen test for drugs.I have to work with doctor and have everything ready for them including ,any medication or other changes in the patients.
I learned how to work with a court ordered patients.We have a great environment (great team).
The hardest part for me is when patient start with a crisis a we have to baker act them.
The most enjoyable part when the goals are me and patients are ready to be discharged
Pros
Benefit
Cons
Cut hours
Productive and reward
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 19, 2013
Met the client where they were at mentally and addictive. very rewarding
Fun Work Place
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  browardJune 21, 2013
Great Hospital. Nice employees, great customer service from staff. Smiling faces.
Very interesting place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 1, 2012
Everyday was a new day! Co-workerere great. Hardest part of he job was to monitor your 19 patients every 10 minutes.