FORT MCDOWELL CASINO

FORT MCDOWELL CASINO United States Employee Reviews

Productive and Great team work at Fort McDowell Casino
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fountain hillsOctober 11, 2014
Pros: vocations and sick hours, as well as bounus
Cons: smoking
worked Mo-Fri,, learned how to know what guest need. Great co- workers and team work. The hardest part was the smoking environment. The enjoyable part is fixable hours to work during the day.
Great place to work But economy hit!
Vault Cashier-Lead (Current Employee), Fountain Hills, AZAugust 3, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: very hot and humid in building.no comunication between departments.
See many customers some nice some trying to get things free. I have learned people will say anything to get their way. Rules are rules consistency is not high on the list here. Most co-workers are team players a few are not and that makes for a long day. Hardest part of my job is getting close to the seniors because no one lives forever. Management does have Favorites and do not always keep their word. I enjoyed getting to know my customers. I joke around and have fun with them as if they are family. I live 60 miles one way the road is a bit dangerous. No public transit. Many of my customers offer me a room or to take care of me when I get sick, This is very touching!
It was a great place to work
Poker Cage Supervisor (Former Employee), Fountain Hills, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: they work with you when you need time of
Cons: open 24/7
I was Responsible for overseeing and operating the Poker Cage and Vault daily activity and staff,ensuring accuracy and integrity of the paperwork completed by each cashiers preparation of daily Blackjack,Poker Cage and House Jackpot deposits. I learned how to have great customer service to guest and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the quest at time and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and guest I had work there for 14 yr you get to know a lot of people
Fun, fast paced environment
Bingo Runner/ Caller (Current Employee), Fort McDowell, AZAugust 31, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day as a bingo runner starts off with a lot of counting. First, your bank then all the papers for the day. Once all that is done, it's time to make some sales. You get to know some of the customers so well that without even having to ask you can have their papers ready and they have your money ready. With a big smile and sometimes even a hug they greet you right away, excited to see you.
I've learned a lot not only from the people I work for but the amazing people I've got to know as customers and friends. A place like this teaches you how to provide excellent service, deal with large amounts of cash, and work as a team. The management is terrific and tries its best to take care of each employee's need. The hardest part of the job is the running if you do not feel so well. The best part would have to be the people you come in contact with each day.
Productive, Great Experience!
Marketing Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McDowell, AZFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: 401k, medical benefits, paid holiday, paid sick & vacation
Cons: work was your whole life.
My experience at Fort McDowell was there was never a dull moment.

Most of the time the learning and management of my job duties never gave me enough time to breath.

I enjoyed all of my co-workers and the Great Team I worked with.
Fun place to work with great people
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee), Fountain Hills, AZOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great employees.
Cons: poor location, lack of business, disconnect between management and the real issues.
I have learned everything there is to know about poker and running a poker room. When I walked in I could barely deal poker. After 6+ years, I am confident in my skill set to run any poker room in the United States.
FUN FAST PACE WORK ENVIROMENT WITH FRIENDLY STAFF
cage/vault (Current Employee), Nation, A8May 23, 2012
Pros: good pay free soda and four tens
Cons: no free food
BALANCE THE VAULT MAKE ORDERS AND COUNT MONEY FILLS AND RE BALANCE BREAK AND WE DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN WORKING SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE MOST INTRESTING PEOPLE.