FORT MCDOWELL CASINO Employee Reviews

Been a good place to learn in real life applications
HVAC/R Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZMay 19, 2016
All in all good place. I have grown in the position and at FMC we work on all aspects of HVAC/R: Commercial, Residential, High, Medium & Low temp applications of all varieties.
Pros
benfits are good
Just a job
Players Services VIP Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Fort McDowell, AZMarch 22, 2016
Just a job full of empty promises and dishonesty. that`s all I`m saying about working there, As I won`t be going back there.
Flexible fun but productive workplace
I.T. Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McDowell, AZFebruary 18, 2016
We start the day with a quick look at emails to see if any others have need of help with issues from night shift. We then prepare accordingly to address any issues that were left from 2nd shift. If no issues we begin with our projects. One major duty we have is taking on calls from customers and trouble shooting all issues related. One of the hardest parts here is not having enough time in the day. Here there is always something to do, and always something new to learn. I believe that's one of the joys here. Never stop learning, never stop working.
Pros
Always something new to learn.
Cons
Not enough time in the day to finish certain issues.
horrible
Inspector/Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McDowell, AZNovember 21, 2014
No one was on the same page, supervisors didn't agree, limited room for growth. Don't have any positives to say. jdlkjlsdkfjlkdsjflkja dsfkdjfl sldkjfljdfljldkc lkjclkdj ljdlkjlkjsdlfkjlkdjlkjf ljdlkjflkjlk
Productive and Great team work at Fort McDowell Casino
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fountain hillsOctober 11, 2014
worked Mo-Fri,, learned how to know what guest need. Great co- workers and team work. The hardest part was the smoking environment. The enjoyable part is fixable hours to work during the day.
Pros
vocations and sick hours, as well as bounus
Cons
smoking
Great place to work But economy hit!
Vault Cashier-Lead (Current Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZAugust 3, 2014
See many customers some nice some trying to get things free. I have learned people will say anything to get their way. Rules are rules consistency is not high on the list here. Most co-workers are team players a few are not and that makes for a long day. Hardest part of my job is getting close to the seniors because no one lives forever. Management does have Favorites and do not always keep their word. I enjoyed getting to know my customers. I joke around and have fun with them as if they are family. I live 60 miles one way the road is a bit dangerous. No public transit. Many of my customers offer me a room or to take care of me when I get sick, This is very touching!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Very hot and humid in building.No comunication between departments.
It was a great place to work
Poker Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJuly 31, 2014
I was Responsible for overseeing and operating the Poker Cage and Vault daily activity and staff,ensuring accuracy and integrity of the paperwork completed by each cashiers preparation of daily Blackjack,Poker Cage and House Jackpot deposits. I learned how to have great customer service to guest and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the quest at time and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and guest I had work there for 14 yr you get to know a lot of people
Pros
they work with you when you need time of
Cons
open 24/7
Fun, fast paced environment
Bingo Runner/ Caller (Current Employee) –  Fort McDowell, AZAugust 31, 2013
A typical work day as a bingo runner starts off with a lot of counting. First, your bank then all the papers for the day. Once all that is done, it's time to make some sales. You get to know some of the customers so well that without even having to ask you can have their papers ready and they have your money ready. With a big smile and sometimes even a hug they greet you right away, excited to see you.
I've learned a lot not only from the people I work for but the amazing people I've got to know as customers and friends. A place like this teaches you how to provide excellent service, deal with large amounts of cash, and work as a team. The management is terrific and tries its best to take care of each employee's need. The hardest part of the job is the running if you do not feel so well. The best part would have to be the people you come in contact with each day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, Great Experience!
Marketing Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McDowell, AZFebruary 8, 2013
My experience at Fort McDowell was there was never a dull moment.

Most of the time the learning and management of my job duties never gave me enough time to breath.

I enjoyed all of my co-workers and the Great Team I worked with.
Pros
401k, medical benefits, paid holiday, paid sick & vacation
Cons
work was your whole life.
Fun place to work with great people
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZOctober 16, 2012
I have learned everything there is to know about poker and running a poker room. When I walked in I could barely deal poker. After 6+ years, I am confident in my skill set to run any poker room in the United States.
Pros
great employees.
Cons
poor location, lack of business, disconnect between management and the real issues.
Fun fast pace work enviroment with friendly staff
cage/vault (Current Employee) –  Nation, A8May 23, 2012
Balance the vault make orders and count money fills and re balance break and we do it all over again working side by side with the most intresting people.
Pros
good pay free soda and four tens
Cons
no free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FORT MCDOWELL CASINO. Our community is ready to answer.

FORT MCDOWELL CASINO Reviews by Location