The Fort Point Arts Community, Inc. of South Boston (FPAC) is a non‐profit community organization founded in 1980 and run by neighborhood artists and volunteers. Our mission is to promote the work of our artists to a broad and diverse audience; to preserve the artists community in the Fort Point Channel area; to insure the continuance of permanent, affordable studio space; to build community; and to increase the visibility of the arts in Fort Point.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, assist with administrative tasks including membership database, event planning and communication with artist members, volunteers and sponsors.
- Update organization website which includes content for each FPAC venue, member listings.
- Update community news, event listings for ArtWalk, Fall Open Studios and Holiday Sale.
- Maintain press and media lists, mailing lists, email lists and FileMaker database.
- Staff the FPAC Gallery at 300 Summer Street as needed.
- Update all social media including FaceBook and Twitter.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro.
- Experience with Mac essential.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- 1-2 years administrative experience .
This is a 6 month part-time temporary position working approximately 10-12 hours per week.
$12.00 per hour
Location is 300 Summer Street, Boston, MA in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood