Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to learn, very understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
9/10 times very understaffed, management gave run around about positions. Always changing rules. Its hard to have team work due to nurse and patient ratio, there are alot of days I have seen nurses not getting lunches due to being so busy. Yearly raises are barely noticeable and not much room for advancement and not very flexible on schedule required on call every other week. It seems like the hospital is more interested in ratings than staffing. But each floor varies.
Pros
Free holiday meals
Cons
Understaffed, and horrible managment
busy and hardwork
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 30, 2016
It's a challenge but It can be rewarding helping others to maintain cleanliness. Sometimes people with bigger titles then you can look down on you for just cleaning a toilet. Housekeepers are essential too and its a really nasty job. We are better patient health as well. We are important and if housekeeper's were not employed the hospital would shut down.
Pros
benefits, distance
Cons
understaffed
Good benefits, plenty of opportunities to pick up shifts
Cardiology Floor Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 12, 2016
I love my co- workers and the work environment at FSRMC. There are always opportunities to pick up extra hours. My manager always tries to give us our paid vacation as long as it is requested at a reasonable time. There are always opportunities to obtain more certifications and continue your education for free.
Pros
Education opportunities, paid vacation
Cons
A lot of floors are understaffed
Great first job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 3, 2016
Beverly Park Place was my first stepping stone into the medical field. They offer 8 hour shifts and competitive pay. At this job I was taught how to properly care for long term care patients. Although I did not enjoy second shift because it felt like it took up your whole day, I did like the pay. I worked several 16 hour shifts which is what I preferred.
Horrible
PCA (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2016
Dont work here. Horrible management they will run you down and change every behind your back. They lie about days and times you will work. Management is drama filled
Nice facility, friendly helpful staff, great work enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 3, 2016
Fort Sanders Regional is a great place to work for new grads that intend on going back to school. They offer 12 hour shifts and competitive health insurance. Although the pay is not as much as other facilities, they do offer tuition reimbursement.
REGISTERED NURSE MSICU/NICU (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2017
Every job has its ups and downs but all in all fort sanders is a good place to work. My coworkers were always there to help when I was in the weeds in the ICU.
Clean and Pleasant Place to work
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2016
It was a pleasant experience working there, good parking, decent cafeteria, friendly nurses, always sanitary and spotless, good coffee
Fort Sanders
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 5, 2016
No benefits for part time employees. I loved working with the patients and staff. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, 14 hours a day makes for a long day.
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
flexible days a plus
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2015
I worked on the Med-Surg floor. We mostly took care of new surgery patients for in patient care. I worked closely with general surgery, urology, and wound care. I would care for anywhere from 5-9 patients simultaneously. I learned to multi task and not be afraid to talk to any MDs. The management was nice and very considerate with any problems. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. At times, I still go visit the floor to see them again. The hardest part of the job was getting fresh surgeries and possible complications with them. There were times that you would receive 2 or 3 new surgeries to go along with your other patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating patients on how everything worked to assist to help them understand any possible complications.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
sometimes no lunch and long days
Good place to work during school!
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2012
Management was a little disorganized. Mediocre communication between departments. Great place to work during Master's program! Not too much room for advancement. Very educated staff. Typical day at work is alot of interaction with members. Hardest part is down time alot of standing around.
Love the flex time and able to make up hours missed. Able to work the extra hours if needed to get off early and love the overtime.
Housekeeper/Hospital Sitter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 19, 2014
My typical day getting my cart ready to clean rooms and office. The management was fair when I needed something they usually get it. But of course they have gone under different managements over the last couple of years due to the bidding for environmental services. The co-workers I stayed to myself getting my work done for the day. I was offered to sit with patients after my shift was done for the day. The hardest part of the job is watching the families deal with the deal of a child or love one. The most enjoyable part of the day when the hospital have dinner and other functions for their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, birthday parties and dinners for special events
Cons
Not enough housekeeper to cover the floor
Great place for Family and Friends to enjoy
Youth Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work for me is keeping the youth entertained. We teach fitness classes for the kids, to keep them fit while their parents work out. Working here has taught me that anywhere and everywhere you work, you must make it about the customers. You are there to keep the customers satisfied. Management is top notch here. They do their best to keep the employees satisfied. And if employees are satisfied, then customers will result in being satisfied also. The hardest part of the job, is keeping up the expected energy that the kids are needing you to have, while on the clock. But the most enjoyable part is interacting with both customers and employees.
Great place to start.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2014
Learned how to be a real RT at this facility. Lots of experiences to be had. Management is objective, co-workers work well together. The reason for only three stars on the work life balance is that I was night shift.
Challenging work and excellent co-worker relationships.
Manager of Operations and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at worked began by assuring all daily tasks had necessary staff coverage, running daily reports and talking with Director and staff directly under my supervision. Special projects were usually worked mid-morning and afternoons. The work days ended by communicating any necessary information to the evening shift and answering any late e-mails or voice mails.

I had many learning opportunities while employed at Fort Sanders Regional Hospital which included Microsoft Office programs(intensive Excel), relationship and conflict management skills.

Management did a good job of supplying tools necessary to complete job. Communication was lacking at times.

Co-workers were excellent and increased enjoyment of job.

The hardest part of my job was improving customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of meeting these demands.
Pros
Challenging work with ample opportunities to learn new skills.
Cons
Medical field is currently in a lethargic growth period.
excellent care but long stressful hours
R.N. (Former Employee) –  clinch ave.April 23, 2014
The employees give excellent patient care, but at times they have to work very hard without much positive feedback from management. Mostly you just hear negative feedback. I worked there 30 plus years & retired without so much as a Thank you,but the worse thing was having decisions made for the nurses without getting their input or suggestions.
Pros
excellent co-workers 12 hr shifts
Cons
few breaks, sometimes no breaks at all, no positive recognition, being harrassed for being sick, constantly changing things without employees input
nursing
nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2015
took care of post op clients after hip or knee replacement. job was mostly focused on pain management and rehab. hectic schedule was hard to follow
A wonderful lesson in patient and guest relations
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 23, 2013
Performed Lab work,E.K.G's, and prepped patients for surgery
I was taught compassion and professionalism through patient care
Management was very good
I liked the diversity of people that I got to meet that were in different fields.
The hardest part of the the job was without further education the job would cap out at a low level.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I got from patient relationships.
Well-managed health center with a strong focus on customer and employee care and satisfaction
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Aquatics DepartmentJanuary 2, 2013
I have worked for Fort Sanders for a couple of months now, and I am highly impressed by the level of care and hard work that my managers have regarding employees and patrons alike. The pool, one of the areas I mainly work, is very well-managed and kept at a high level of cleanliness and is constantly monitored.
Pros
great management
Cons
unorganized scheduling in some cases
Excellent Peers and Physicans
Emergency Department Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 28, 2015
Excellent coworkers, and Physicians

Emergency Department Charge Nurse Knoxville, TN

Pros: Free Holiday meals

Cons: Rare lunch breaks due to patient load

Work day includes, providing excellent care to patients, through teamwork and patient satisfaction.

I have new learning opportunities and experience different aspects of patent care daily.
It has bee difficult to retain new director's over the last 5 years. They have sought new opportunities with higher pay.
My coworkers are the best and brightest, hard working doing what ever it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of my job is managing the patient load. Trying to support staff with 6-7 patients each.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the excellence they bring to our proffesion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location