Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 23, 2015
Pros: No real work
Cons: No pay
I was a volunteer at this establishment, I observed various patients, procedures and equipment. This was in addition to a class I took in high school and added extra credit.
flexible days a plus
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: sometimes no lunch and long days
I worked on the Med-Surg floor. We mostly took care of new surgery patients for in patient care. I worked closely with general surgery, urology, and wound care. I would care for anywhere from 5-9 patients simultaneously. I learned to multi task and not be afraid to talk to any MDs. The management was nice and very considerate with any problems. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. At times, I still go visit the floor to see them again. The hardest part of the job was getting fresh surgeries and possible complications with them. There were times that you would receive 2 or 3 new surgeries to go along with your other patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating patients on how everything worked to assist to help them understand any possible complications.
very diversified workplace with many new experiences and technology
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 16, 2015
I loved working at the fort, most of the nurses and other healthcare workers were very nice and helpful and well educated
Patient support is a great job!
Patient Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: work independently throughout the day
Cons: a lot of walking
Patient support is a great way to connect with patients and make sure they are satisfied with their stay and also to make sure they receive the proper attention they require.
Excellent Peers and Physicans
Emergency Department Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 28, 2015
Excellent coworkers, and Physicians

Emergency Department Charge Nurse Knoxville, TN

Pros: Free Holiday meals

Cons: Rare lunch breaks due to patient load

Work day includes, providing excellent care to patients, through teamwork and patient satisfaction.

I have new learning opportunities and experience different aspects of patent care daily.
It has bee difficult to retain new director's over the last 5 years. They have sought new opportunities with higher pay.
My coworkers are the best and brightest, hard working doing what ever it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of my job is managing the patient load. Trying to support staff with 6-7 patients each.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the excellence they bring to our proffesion.
excellent oppurtunities
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 30, 2015
Friendly place with skilled and physicians. Located in the heart of Knoxville, close to UT campus. Parking can be a hassle.
Excellent employer
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great place to work
This has been one of the best positions I have ever worked. I have learned so much and grown as a healthcare professional. I would highly recommend this employer.
Great Experience
RN-Neuro Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2014
I had a great experience as a RN at my first job as a neuro nurse.
Professional workplace, relaxed atmosphere
Utilization Management and Case Management (Current Employee), knoxville tnJune 8, 2014
challenging, learn something new on a daily basis. manage all medicare payors . work from home. Excellent telephone skills.
excellent care but long stressful hours
R.N. (Former Employee), clinch ave.April 23, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers 12 hr shifts
Cons: few breaks, sometimes no breaks at all, no positive recognition, being harrassed for being sick, constantly changing things without employees input
The employees give excellent patient care, but at times they have to work very hard without much positive feedback from management. Mostly you just hear negative feedback. I worked there 30 plus years & retired without so much as a Thank you,but the worse thing was having decisions made for the nurses without getting their input or suggestions.
hard work, good organization
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 21, 2014
Hard work everyday.
Well organized.
No opportunity for advancement.
Great place to start.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2014
Learned how to be a real RT at this facility. Lots of experiences to be had. Management is objective, co-workers work well together. The reason for only three stars on the work life balance is that I was night shift.
good place
RN (Former Employee), Knoxville, tnJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: parking was awful and you had to pay for parking
It was a good place it was regular pt care for brain and spinal cord injuries
Learned many interesting things about the brain. I enjoy taking care of this type of patients.
Registered Nurse/Relief Shift leader (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: short staff
Usually have 5-8 pt a night unless we have total pt care then we have 3-4 pt a piece. I learned the importance of neuro checks and assessments and how strokes affect the body and the families. How important it is to watch and input the information on a patient with new onset seizures. The importance of the interaction with staff and physicians. I have some reliable co-workers, but on the other hand i have some incompetent. Hardest part of my job is when we have admit after admit. I work 7p-7a and we do not have a huc to place our orders in. We will sometimes have new admit after another. Sometimes I get a second new admit before i am done with the first. Plus taking care of the other patients. It is challenging but i guess in the end of the day i feel accomplished. I enjoy when I get to see a patient that has had a stroke and one side of their body is flaccid and as we work(as a team) MD,RN,PT,OT,SP ect.and the patient starts to move again and the joy i see in them fills me up with joy myself. It is so gratifying.
Challenging work and excellent co-worker relationships.
Manager of Operations and Logistics (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: challenging work with ample opportunities to learn new skills.
Cons: medical field is currently in a lethargic growth period.
A typical day at worked began by assuring all daily tasks had necessary staff coverage, running daily reports and talking with Director and staff directly under my supervision. Special projects were usually worked mid-morning and afternoons. The work days ended by communicating any necessary information to the evening shift and answering any late e-mails or voice mails.

I had many learning opportunities while employed at Fort Sanders Regional Hospital which included Microsoft Office programs(intensive Excel), relationship and conflict management skills.

Management did a good job of supplying tools necessary to complete job. Communication was lacking at times.

Co-workers were excellent and increased enjoyment of job.

The hardest part of my job was improving customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of meeting these demands.
Exciting job with personal satisfaction
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 30, 2013
A typical workday involves transporting patients from one point to another within the hospital. I usually transport the patients from their hospital rooms to a modality where they will have a test performed. i.e. ultrasound, x-ray, MRI, etc. It's a good job but the pay and the hours aren't sufficient enough now that I've graduated UT and am seeking full time employment.
adequate work
staff nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2012
Only adequate related to excellent pay with a tense work enviroment. Multiple redundent policies with extraordinary amount of triple charting required.
Workplace
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Knoxville TnOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me would have to be fixing food's a going over paper work making sure each patient eats their correct foods. My co-workers were all good people. The most enjoyable part of being employed here was making others smile.