Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center

Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place to start.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2014
Learned how to be a real RT at this facility. Lots of experiences to be had. Management is objective, co-workers work well together. The reason for only three stars on the work life balance is that I was night shift.
good place
RN (Former Employee), Knoxville, tnJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: parking was awful and you had to pay for parking
It was a good place it was regular pt care for brain and spinal cord injuries
Learned many interesting things about the brain. I enjoy taking care of this type of patients.
Registered Nurse/Relief Shift leader (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: short staff
Usually have 5-8 pt a night unless we have total pt care then we have 3-4 pt a piece. I learned the importance of neuro checks and assessments and how strokes affect the body and the families. How important it is to watch and input the information on a patient with new onset seizures. The importance of the interaction with staff and physicians. I have – more... some reliable co-workers, but on the other hand i have some incompetent. Hardest part of my job is when we have admit after admit. I work 7p-7a and we do not have a huc to place our orders in. We will sometimes have new admit after another. Sometimes I get a second new admit before i am done with the first. Plus taking care of the other patients. It is challenging but i guess in the end of the day i feel accomplished. I enjoy when I get to see a patient that has had a stroke and one side of their body is flaccid and as we work(as a team) MD,RN,PT,OT,SP ect.and the patient starts to move again and the joy i see in them fills me up with joy myself. It is so gratifying. – less
Challenging work and excellent co-worker relationships.
Manager of Operations and Logistics (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: challenging work with ample opportunities to learn new skills.
Cons: medical field is currently in a lethargic growth period.
A typical day at worked began by assuring all daily tasks had necessary staff coverage, running daily reports and talking with Director and staff directly under my supervision. Special projects were usually worked mid-morning and afternoons. The work days ended by communicating any necessary information to the evening shift and answering any late e-mails – more... or voice mails.

I had many learning opportunities while employed at Fort Sanders Regional Hospital which included Microsoft Office programs(intensive Excel), relationship and conflict management skills.

Management did a good job of supplying tools necessary to complete job. Communication was lacking at times.

Co-workers were excellent and increased enjoyment of job.

The hardest part of my job was improving customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of meeting these demands. – less
Exciting job with personal satisfaction
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 30, 2013
A typical workday involves transporting patients from one point to another within the hospital. I usually transport the patients from their hospital rooms to a modality where they will have a test performed. i.e. ultrasound, x-ray, MRI, etc. It's a good job but the pay and the hours aren't sufficient enough now that I've graduated UT and am seeking – more... full time employment. – less
adequate work
staff nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2012
Only adequate related to excellent pay with a tense work enviroment. Multiple redundent policies with extraordinary amount of triple charting required.
Workplace
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Knoxville TnOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me would have to be fixing food's a going over paper work making sure each patient eats their correct foods. My co-workers were all good people. The most enjoyable part of being employed here was making others smile.

About Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center

Covenant Health has made a pact to provide good health to the good people of Tennessee. The not-for-profit health care system, – Read more