Fort Walton Beach Medical Center

Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Employee Reviews

friendly hard working nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2017
fast paced, good enviroment to learn as a new nurse, directors on the floor are hands on, nurses and pct's are helpful, good benefits, the turn over can by high due to military
Pros
good enviroment to learn as a new nurse
Cons
patient to nurse ratio can be to heavy
Management ruined good atmosphere
Psychiatric Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 5, 2017
Daily confrontations between nursing staff and support staff, dismissive management, pay unbalanced between same level employees, company lost good employees due to mgmt not caring about work life balance, or any thing other than profit from INS companies
Local hospital
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 21, 2017
It's a local hospital with ties to the community. At the time I was employed there we were forced to work 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next week.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Local hospital
RN - Inpatient Psychiatric
Nurse/ Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 14, 2017
I cared for approximately 7-10 patients per day and was responsible for their medications, performing a comprehensive assessment, and working with their social worker and psychiatrist to determine an appropriate POC.
Nice place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
I had a good time working there. Every one was very kind and nice. Trying to keep the floors all shiny and clean. Clean environment means happy people.
Review Summary
Emergency Room Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 22, 2017
The paid time off hours were outstanding. A very stressful work environment but, then again, what emergency room isn't? Excellent doctors and nurses.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No comment
A nice environment to work in
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at FWBMC. It was a valuable learning experience. I really enjoyed working in neuro surgery while I was there which was a new experience for me at the time.
great place to work
Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 2, 2016
Great place to work and to gain the experience needed to be a great nurse. gained great critical thinking skills. The drive isnt bad to work at this hospital as in traffic.
Pros
everything is great
Cons
nights
Great improvements with new leadership team
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 25, 2016
They do a lot of activities for their employees, more than most companies. Good opportunity for growth and advancement with in HCA. Salary ranges are a little low but comparable to this area.
Hca
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 24, 2016
A cheap company for employees, expensive company for customers/patient's. The company is only interested in the bottom dollar, not unlike other large companies.

Pros: I enjoy the staff attitudes and cohesiveness, working as a team. I relate this to the hiring management in choosing quality employees.

Cons: terrible pay and poor benefits, that's how it is in north florida and surrounding regions. Employees are expendable. increase workload per nurse as time progresses, perks and benefits previously provided by company have been removed bit by bit as years go by. This is a deadend job, limited growth for the employees.
Working with the doctors are wonderful. Willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
Pathology Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
Co-workers are nice. Management is very distant and unapproachable. It's enjoyable to work with the doctors. On a typical day, I get to transcribe the doctor's dictation and take the reports to them for review. I fix any corrections or additions that are requested from the doctors. Once he signs them, I fax the reports to the various physicians. Then I type up the grosses for the next day and put it on the physician's desk for the next day's reading. If a consult comes back it is "loaded" onto the report and faxed to the patient's physician.
Pros
401k plan, healthcare benefits
Cons
Admin is very uncaring. Human Resources - call a number.
Great people to work with and to work for.
Telemetry and EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 28, 2016
My typical day was very demanding. Everyone I worked with are really great people and most go above and beyond their requirements. The hardest part of the job was having double the work load, in my field, compared to all other hospitals. The Joint Commission were concerned with the work load as well. Overall, it was a great place to work and learned a lot.
Pros
Learned a lot. Worked with amazing people.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes none at all. 72 patients verse the normal load being 40.
Great Radiology Department
General Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
I loved working at FWBMC in the Sonography/Radiology Department. It is by far the best team I have had the pleasure of working with. If I wasn't moving, I would still be working there today. They have excellent dedication to patient care and are very detail orientated.
Not happy with management
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547May 12, 2016
I like to work in an environment that fosters teamwork, high-morale,
and education. I felt extremely underpaid compared to RN friends
working in similar areas. I felt forced to stay late and pick up
mandatory time because we never had enough staff.Morale is low because I was never thanked or commended for hard work.
Its good culture. Good workplace environment.
Registered Nurse- Medical/ Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 16, 2016
I like working at FWBMC. I love the people I work with. Also, I like the culture of the hospital, and the system. Overall, I love my job!
A great place to work.
Patient Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 25, 2015
Fun and relaxed place to work. I enjoy being here and learning new ways to present and serve meals. The Director and the Registered Dieticians are friendly and approachable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not alot of room to advance.
Fast Paced Environment
Registration Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 23, 2015
I am sure that it goes without saying how crazy the Emergency Room can get. Patient care is my passion and you really have to learn to multi task and have an eye for efficiency. There is no room to make any mistakes.
Pros
Interacting with patients
Cons
Witnessing a broken system.
Senior execs are HORRIBLE, unrealistic workloads, low pay
OBGYN RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2015
I walked out the door after 27 years. For-profit hospital that is only concerned with making money. Employees are demeaned, disrespected, unappreciated, overworked. Staffing ratios are unrealistic. Nurses quit and aren't replaced, they just expect staff to work harder and longer shifts. Not nearly enough ancillary staff support. Every year the benefit package and merit raises got smaller. They cater to the weak and exploit the strong. As a patient, it was the worst experience EVER.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
Short-Staffing, low salary, minimal benefits, serious lack of appreciation for hard work
Quality of care/Management
RN - Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 27, 2015
Fort Walton Beach is in dire need of caring staff and a total change in management.

Workers appear to be unhappy and uncaring. I have seen this both as a patient and employee.
Case load of 22 to 32 paitents.
Case Manager PRN (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 27, 2015
Discharge planning on all patients, initial and concurrent reviews on all payors. Some co-workers not willing to help. Most difficult part of the job was the work load. Managers unwilling to assist, constant staffing issues. Managers/Director showed favoritism. Unprofessional environment.
Pros
Worked individually
Cons
Staffing/workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Reviews by Location