Fort Walton Beach Medical Center

Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Employer Reviews

Exciting and enjoyable
Physician when need (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: working enviroment, health insurance, paid days off ect...
Cons: no cons
The typical work place that I've personally work are fast pace, friendly, organized, working together and safe. I learned in these types of jobs that will learn something new to learn, and I've learned on how to take on challenges and have a successful out come in watching and taking notes and stepping out of my comfort zone and just doing it. The management – more... team is different experience meaning that everyone has an idea or opinion when asking about their management experience with their pass jobs. I feel that management is doing their job as what their expected to do, and that's signing the employees duties, and responsibilities for each member of the staff. The co- workers in customer service is great and we all can pretty much get along with everyone. The staff is like a family were someone is helping someone. Were, we're being there for each other and just work together to succeed and get the job done. The hardest part of my job is learning Heart Monitoring Tech. When I was a housekeeper, I wanted more and I knew that I needed to go to back to College to get an degree in nursing or radiography, but I knew that I want to challenge myself like taking a course at the hospital on basic cardiac erythema how to read heart rhythms and do EKG's while I wanted to go back to college to further my education in nursing or radiography. However, I did it and enjoyed the job because it was new and exciting, rewarding job I've done and I did it because I made it possible to do heart monitoring tech. I really and truly love the medical field that is why I am currently in college to finish up and move on. In the meantime am looking for more while attending school.
Jennifer Pikhart – less
Great Employer
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unprofessional staff
After being originally hired back in October of 2008 I quickly realize the professional and family environment that was seen throughout the facility. It truly was an honor and privilege to be a part of such a great facility.
Medical records specialist
Medical Records (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 12, 2013
great benifits package , they are very helpful to employees to further there education. Lots of chances to promote
its ok
Unit Coordinator ER full time nights (Former Employee), 100 mar walt drAugust 29, 2013
good training over all good people to work for
not too much more needed
They will chew you up and spit you out
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 29, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursment if you want to sell your soul
Cons: some of the co-workers were very catty
A 12 hour shift is really a 14 hour shift once the paperwork is done. They are short staffed 80% of the time and those of us that are reliable pay the price by being beaten up. You have to fight to get needed supplies, fight to get a worthy raise, fight to get a review that makes sense. Management wants your soul, co-workers will more than likely come – more... and go faster than you can learn their names. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive attitude for the patients, but the most of the paients were the only part of the job worth going to work for. – less
for profit hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 11, 2013
Pros: people are pleasant
Cons: for profit hospital
learned how to rely on my skills and the skills of others to get things done.
Hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 25, 2012
Pros: plenty of hours.
Cons: pay scale was low
I worked the med/surgical unit. I was placed as a shift charge nurse when I was only 6 months out of nursing school. I felt belittled. I educated nurses with new equipment. Trained new staff. worked also the psychiatric unit. I would pull extra shifts to help out.
stressful but rewarding work
Charge RN of a high-risk OB/GYN unit (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 17, 2012
Pros: helping patients, teaching co workers
Cons: loyalty and hard work plus dependability was never rewarded
i was charge nurse and the pace waas fery fast, enjoyed helping people. in the end, administration did not reward their loyal, dependable workers. not a supportive work environment.

– November 4, 2012

yes I must agree the WORST place to work short staffed could care less about patient care.No Pay.. and the appreciate nothing..AND DIRTY

average work place
Staff (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 24, 2012
average place to work, not alot of room for advancement. minimal staff and equipment fosters an environment where you heavily rely on team work.
Ft. Walton Beach Medical Center is a nice place to work.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 17, 2012
Pros: staff was very friendly and worked well together
Cons: short staffed. rarely got a full break on pcu.
I applied to FWBMC beginning of December, and unfortunately did not get one call until the first of January due to a hiring freeze. I received a call from the director of the Progressive care unit and medicine unit. I had not applied to either of these floors but was so impressed with her unit that I took the job on PCU. I had worked briefly in a Primary – more... care clinic overseas and realized I had forgotten much of my med-surg knowledge. I was able to regain this knowledge and learn new skills working on PCU which was primarily a cardiac unit. After 1 1/5 years, I was able to transfer to L&D, which I had missed dearly. The hardest part of both jobs was working short staffed. If well staffed, both places were very enjoyable and rewarding to work for. I got along well with both managers. – less
it says hospital on the sign
employee (Current Employee), in the hospitalJuly 9, 2012
Pros: no free coffee anymore, they said the homeless were drinking too much....wow really
Cons: they could care less about any of their employee's
It is far from a caring hospital they could care LESS about patient care.The bigwigs spend way to much time trying to fire people.No one is happy working there
250 bed community hospital
Multi Modality Technologist (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 10, 2012
Fast paced working environment. Large ER. Radiology dept has been updated since I have left.
Fast-paced learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 7, 2012
Pros: discount lunch, free coffee, teamwork, friendly coworkers
Cons: short/working breaks, understaffed
Not the best company to work for. The units are usually understaffed and over-whelmed. There is a good team-work attitude and effort among the staff.
Not bad place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 22, 2012
When compared to other health care facilites, it wasn't that bad of a place to work. The patient load could be excessive but great co-workers. Pay was decent.
A day at FWBMC
Clinical Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 8, 2012
Pros: saving lives, having a great people to work with.
Cons: having to send people home early, myself as well, but i understand it needs to be done.
• Responsibilities
o Managing Work Flow
o Schedule Creation and approval utilizing Facility Scheduler
o Supply ordering and management
o Direct procedural first scrub
o Cardiovascular/Peripheral Interventional Coding
o Management and Evaluation of Cath Lab Statistics
o Centricity DMS and MAC LAB Super user
o Assisted with the process of getting our – more... hospital’s Door to Balloon time average from 120 min to 51min
o Patient Care / Patient Satisfaction Rounding, Implementation, and Reporting
o Assist with performing diagnostic and emergent heart catheterizations, peripheral procedures, and pacemaker/ICD insertions
o Assist cardiologist with the operation of equipment such as Acist, Medrad, Flow Wire, IVUS, and Rotoblader
o Competent in both single and bi-plane fluoroscopy
o Groin Management and Sheath Removal

My director has taught me how to be paitient with our employee's and administration and how to be a postive leader. He has taught me many skills that has made me a better supervisor and most of all a better person.

I have learned to be a leader and taking charge. I have learned the ins and outs of cardiovascular coding and charging/ ordering supplies and keeping cath lab workflow moving in a postive direction. My coworkers are hard working employee's and we all have learned to work together and keep workflow moving and making patient care a top priority. The hardest part of my job would be keeping target variances in the postive when we are slow. It's hard to send people home when you know they need to work.

I think my job is very rewarding. We get a patient having a heart attack and is all white, diaphoretic and panicking. The patient is having a major heart attack. We get to calm them down and fix their artery with balloons and stents. When the procedure is all finished, the patient has color back in their face and has this look of relief. They can’t thank you enough about saving their life. That is the best part of my job. Making a difference in someone’s life – less
Underappreciated and underpaid
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), RespiratoryMarch 14, 2012
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE THE STAFF I WORKED WITH. Its the company that I worked for that left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. The pay is not current with todays payscale for what I do, or even with what the nurses do.

About Fort Walton Beach Medical Center

HCA dispenses TLC for a profit. HCA Holdings, through HCA, Inc. (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute – Read more