Fort Worth Zoo

Fort Worth Zoo Employer Reviews

Great for a first time job.
Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: team worked based, good pay, room for advancement
Cons: heat during summers, no benefits at seasonal supervisor.
My day starts making sure cashiers get to locations, make sure locations are in order, cleaned and stocked through out the day. Attend to guest and employees needs. At the end of the day I help cashiers count out there cash drawers. I learned by working at the Zoo its a great place to work if you love animals, people, working outdoors and working in – more... a team work environment. I also quickly found out that if you work hard you can gain advancement to a higher level. Co-workers usually consist of high school and college aged, there are a lot of older aged as well. People come and go, but you make friends, and you build a teamwork base. The hardest part is working during the long hot Texas summers also working long hours but no benefits. The job is a lot a fun and a great way to a paycheck if you are still living at home and in school. – less
Fun Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, casual environment
Cons: very few hours, no holiday pay
Great place for a starting job. A lot of the positions are outdoors so if you have to stand the heat and cold rainy days. A lot of turn over with employees and management so new coworkers every couple months.
great job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
great steady hours. Co-workers and friendly and very helpful. Management is on point
Fun place and people
Admissions (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: people, experience, animals
Cons: times you had to work outside even if cold or raining.
This job was pretty fun for me. Ive made many friends and learned alot. I didnt get to work with the animals but you got to get in the zoo for free and and spend alot of time there. Managers were awsome to work with.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2014
I loved working at the fort worth zoo, that was probably due to the fact that I was only a cashier, all i did was take orders, clean and make drinks. I also had some really cool coworkers some of them I still talk to today. The best thing about the zoo is that it pays about 8.15 an hour which is pretty good for a highschooler....which I was at the time. – more... One thing I can say about the zoo though is they are EXTREMELY strict like there are cameras everywhere and people get written up for some of the craziest things. If you lose a receipt that isore than 5 dollars even if the money already in zoo banklike really, its just a receipt. Maybe its a financial thing that I know nothing about which makes it seem so absurd to me but overall the zoo is a pretty cool place to work, id work there again and the pay is good for a high school teenager – less
Fun job to have while in High School
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2014
I was a cashier at the Fort Worth Zoo. This has by far been the funnest ob that I have ever had. I loved everyone that I worked with and the management here was amazing.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2014
was just to far to drive from where I lived and I was in high school still. Was unable to make the trip.
Good job for a first time employee
Operations (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 25, 2014
Unusual hours and different things can happen everyday, but you start making very good friends with almost everyone there.
I liked working at the zoo run
Helper with zoo run (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2014
When i worked at the zoo run. i helped with bagging i also liked lisining to the lions roar. What i want to do most is work with sea animals Ever sense i liked free willy it was my dream to help sea life one day id like to work to protect Dolphin and other sea animals that are in danger.
Amazing job!!!
Attractions (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Cons: pay
This place is the best! Not long hours but a lot of work days. which was no big deal. this place really is the coolest. great first job. awesome caring workers, cool managers, awesome food in the zoo, plus you get to be around animals like all day. great great place. nothing bad to say.
A enriching environment for employees
Nutritional Services Lab Technician (Current Employee), Nutritional Services LaboratoryMay 3, 2013
Pros: knowing that the work i do benefits the animals at the zoo.
Cons: low pay
The Fort Worth Zoo is a fun place to work. Each day is full of new and different learning opportunities.
children
Helper (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2013
it was a volinteer job.
it was boo at the zoo.
loved the kids so happy
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2013
Hours not so good, raises are ok, fair pay, management comprehensive.
fun workplace, fun people, rude managers in operations
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 19, 2012
love it, the team was awesome, really didnt like how the operations manager talked to the team memebers