Fortegra Financial Employee Reviews

Not Good People
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 17, 2017
The Beaverton office is not a good place to work. Problems with drugs and harassment complaints that are not allowed to be taken to Human Resources. If you have a problem, they sweep it under the rug.
Pros
Good training program
Cons
Short breaks, harassment problems, drug problems, praise is given for unethical sales
Horrible
Customer Service Representative. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2016
not at all a good place to look for employment. Very condescending, and deceitful. If you are not tied in with an already set up clique, then as a new comer with no leverage, you don't stand a chance in longevity.
Terrible recruiting and follow up efforts
adjuster 3 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
You will be brought in for an interview and will be told one thing and another will get done. You will be asked to keep in contact and call them only to have your calls not returned. This is not my idea of professionalism! Do what you say and say what you mean and that's not what is happening in the hiring and recruitment process at Fortegra. It is more of a fishing game to see how much you make which implies they are looking for the least expensive route to hire, not necessarily the best candidate.
Pros
Sold as being a culturally sound company
Cons
Your calls will not be returned..don't waste your time!
Don't waste your time
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2016
They will act interested in you but when the recruiter calls he will low ball you on a salary. He will act as though he doesn't know the current amount for the position but will ask you what you expect to make. He then acts as though your salary is way too much and the company will not make money if they employ you. After speaking with the recruiter I was told to follow up in 2 days which I did and of course my call was never returned. I did ask about benefits and they were expensive and horrible. I then asked about a management position they had open because of my experience and basically was told others were more qualified than me. Save yourself time and keep looking! Very unprofessional!!! You will get the employees you deserve.
Senior Java Developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
it was really nice experience to work with Fortegra Financial.
where I Utilized my inter Personal Skills,effectively in order to solve issues which raised during my daily activities
A typical day at Fortegra Financial
Forms Analysts (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2014
A typical day at Fortegra Financial for me, would consist of forms work. This would basically include taking one document and comparing it to another. If any errors are missed on these documents and sent out, it could cost the companies hundreds, even thousands, depending on the type of error. I've learned a lot there, but i'm also still learning as I go. Everyone at Fortegra Financial are friendly and ready to help if you need it. So this is probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Lunch-ins (hour lunches)
Benefits
It a good place to work
Corporate Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2014
Its a good place to work. It offers some growth opportunities.
Pros
The orgainization offers work life balance
Cons
work week 37.50
Productive and knowledgeable IT people
Senior Programmer/Analyst- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed my Time at Fortegra and also enjoyed working with knowledgeable people in IT.
Challenging place to work, but rewarding.
Collateral Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2013
Fast-pace environment with rewarding work. Most work hours are conducive to family-style living. There are many employees with 10+ years with the company.
Good place to work, nice people
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2013
I've worked there when it was Life of the South and if you were a good worker you would not be advanced because management wants to keep you in the same position. Hopefully things are different now.
Pros
37.50 hours work week and flexible hours
Cons
difficult to advance
Fast growing company
Supervisor role (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2012
Fast paste growing company. Recently became a publically traded company. Has large room for improvements in the area of focusing on its employees. Most enjoyable is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortegra Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4